• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

It's weird because while I agree that Lana is perfect for a moody afternoon, I find some of her songs to fit a nice summer Sunday as well. Or something chill in general, like sitting on a swing on your porch in the summer. Probably just me though.

And I love playing Ride in my car haha

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's weird because while I agree that Lana is perfect for a moody afternoon, I find some of her songs to fit a nice summer Sunday as well. Or something chill in general, like sitting on a swing on your porch in the summer. Probably just me though.

And I love playing Ride in my car haha

Yeh I love playing some of her stuff just lounging around in the sun and being lazy, some tracks just fit the occasion perfectly

Touchdown

Banned
iQtS5r4DULQpf.gif

She's coming for them wigs so hard.
tumblr_mm89lyJtSt1qa74kvo1_250.gif

botty

Banned
What happened?

The Lonely Island Add Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Billie Joe Armstrong to 'The Wack Album,' Announce "Wack Wednesdays"

By Gregory Adams

Last weekend, music-comedy crew the Lonely Island announced their next set The Wack Album via a vague teaser on Saturday Night Live, but details are now shaping up around the star-studded LP.
While we already guessed that the Kendrick Lamar- and Adam Levine-assisted "YOLO" would make its way onto the dudes' third LP, the band announced on their website that the set will also include appearances from Justin Timberlake, Solange, Lady Gaga, Pharrell Williams, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong and "I'm On a Boat" collaborator T-Pain.
While a tracklist hasn't popped up yet, the Lonely Island will kick off a pre-release promotion tomorrow (May 8) called "Wack Wednesdays" on their YouTube channel that will apparently unveil new tunes and videos.
As previously reported, The Wack Album is due June 11 through Republic, and it follows the trio's 2011 sophomore effort Turtleneck & Chain.
While we had hoped the slapdash, text-heavy "not final cover art" pic that was floating around earlier was indeed the album artwork, a newly revealed image of the Lonely Island wearing suits and shiny white sunglasses, à la Laurie Anderson's Big Science, is the album's official art

z63MU.gif

Can't wait for that new Lonely Island, and Gaga being on it is a plus. I'm a patient person though, and I can wait for new Gaga material for as long as needed. I've got nothing but time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
STHAP GOSLING

She passed that chance tho. Her UK STADIUM TOUR is more important.

iq41fetR52ZH6.png

The Daily Star is the least reputable rag in the known universe tho.

But by all means carry on pretending that she could follow in the footsteps of Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Stevie Wonder and Beysus. I know that Glasto have booked some questionable acts in the past but to the best of my knowledge they've never booked a headliner that can't actually sing.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna "can't actually sing"? Are we back on this again?

For the umpteenth time, she can't sing as well as others, but an inability to sing as well as someone else doesn't mean she can't sing. She's playing a SOLD OUT tour across multiple continents. She'd have no issue being able to headline Glastonbury. Sit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rihanna "can't actually sing"? Are we back on this again?

For the umpteenth time, she can't sing as well as others, but an inability to sing as well as someone else doesn't mean she can't sing. She's playing a SOLD OUT tour across multiple continents. She'd have no issue being able to headline Glastonbury. Sit.

Girl no. Please be seated because you have zero clue. Rih headlining Glasto would be a disaster and I virtually guarantee you they never even considered it.

Maybe on the Other stage. Not the Pyramid.
The source material meant it would be shit regardless.

Did you just call one of the greatest novels of all time shit though.

===

Meanwhile my
other
boo Ryan G was bereft of flaws in The Place Beyond the Pines which I saw tonight.

Rihanna headlining Glastonbury would be hilarious. Dat discrepancy in quality between the headline act and the secondary performances will be DELICIOUS to observe the morning after.

tumblr_mcrymd6wds1qgb5p1o2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom