• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selena Gomez - Come & Get It

na na na na na

the video is beautiful, slay
ibcklpWwTDyUHc.gif

Would have been decent without the shitty pointless intro.

Still, I don't dislike the song as much as I used too.

Mumei

Rihanna "can't actually sing"? Are we back on this again?

For the umpteenth time, she can't sing as well as others, but an inability to sing as well as someone else doesn't mean she can't sing. She's playing a SOLD OUT tour across multiple continents. She'd have no issue being able to headline Glastonbury. Sit.

Did we ever leave?

Lol botty fuck off. Using metacritic receipts when it works for your reductive contrarian "shade" but whining about it when it's used against your faves. You are more transparent than Michael Jacksons carcass.

Gatsby is a classic and the greatest novel ever written. Ain't nothing your hater ass can do or say about those facts. Go back to reading Percy Jackson books in your bedroom because this forum is 13-plus.

Lol botty fuck off. Using metacritic receipts when it works for your reductive contrarian "shade" but whining about it when it's used against your faves. You are more transparent than Michael Jacksons carcass.

Gatsby is a classic and the greatest novel ever written. Ain't nothing your hater ass can do or say about those facts. Go back to reading Percy Jackson books in your bedroom because this forum is 13-plus.

ibcGyCIeFXIRpd.gif

Though it does look like the Gatsby film is going to end up being fairly awful.

royalan

...all Botty said was that The Great Gatsby was getting bad reviews.

Is it not getting bad reviews?

From what it seems 8 positive and 11 negative or something like it. So basically mixed reception tbh.

lol.....that spin.

If it ends up in the 40's then it is almost certainly a bad film (never watched a film that low that I ended up enjoying). Even the positive reviews aren't exactly glowing with praise.

botty

Banned

I tweeted you, too.

But like Roy said, I am not pulling a godels and using metacritic as the basis for my own opinion. In fact, the reviews I were seeing are from rotton tomatoes. Do I look like the type of person who frequenTs metacritic?

a6rCG.gif

It's definitely a classic, but calling it the greatest novel is a messT

a6rCG.gif

I actually have the entire percy jackson collection, but I never cared enough to read them... maybe I should now.
a6rCG.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If a tree flops in the forest, etc.

Their stans will probably buy the vinyl.

lol.....that spin.

If it ends up in the 40's then it is almost certainly a bad film (never watched a film that low that I ended up enjoying). Even the positive reviews aren't exactly glowing with praise.

Meh I've seen worse rated movies than that and enjoy them. Sometimes shitty movies can be more entertaining than overrated garbage.

Meh I've seen worse rated movies than that and enjoy them. Sometimes shitty movies can be more entertaining than overrated garbage.
Entertaining =/= Good.

Overrated =/= Bad.

Of course taste comes into account. Someone who likes action movies will probably enjoy a meh reviewed action movie, while HATING a well reviewed romantic comedy. However, once you get down into the 40% range.... that is pretty damn bad. You will be HARD pressed to find decent movies in that range on RT. Though obviously it is early and the rating could change.

Not that I believe for one second you would be defending the film if is was not for Lana's involvement in the OST, but it is what it is.

I can read twitter but I can't tweet anymore for some reason :(

Anyways, I was always sure that Baz Luhrmann would fuck something up like always, but I still don't see this movie being terrible. If it stays true to the story and has that stunning art style and production, it'll be an interesting experience at least.

botty

Banned
The Great Gatsby was always destined to be a flop. The whole appeal of the story is an out dated concept. No one cares anymore. None of the glitz, and flash could help this movie, unfortunately. I feel so bad for Leo, cause his resume will take such a hiT after this. If they wanted to maybe update it, or make it relevant maybe it would have resonated with more people.

Nemesis_

I don't really think any of Luhrmann's movies post Moulin Rouge have been good so I am not really all that surprised. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom