• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
watching the 777 thing cause I have a gif quota fill

icxYpgCRH66sx.gif

Yas. I know this must be painful.

Celebrate

icxYpgCRH66sx.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm gonna start to question your BRITISH CITIZENSHIP if you continue to shade OASIS. They remain superior to Blur in absolutely every possible way.

You know this to be true.

icxYpgCRH66sx.gif

Even if it were true, which it's not, Pulp shit on both of them.

150083_o.gif

I think the nation breathed a collective SIGH OF RELIEF when the inbred Gallagher twins announced that they were splitting up their awful pub singer dross band. Too bad that one of them made another band that plays the EXACT same shit.

Blur > Oasis, if we're going there. They're still two of the most overrated modern bands though. Kiii

Also, I listened to Ride about three times on my way home from work today and cried the whole time. Someone needs to take her albums away from me. I don't need this. :0

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Blur > Oasis, if we're going there. They're still two of the most overrated modern bands though. Kiii

Also, I listened to Ride about three times on my way home from work today and cried the whole time. Someone needs to take her albums away from me. I don't need this. :0

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
icTR3UhwFJgPm.gif

I don't even know how to interpret these.

Just saw this. (assuming it is similar to Kworb)

1113 0 1113 13.895

First number is total number of "spins" a song gets. Aka the number of times it was played on radio across all stations.

3rd number should be the spin increase. Which is 100% of the total since the song just released.

Last number is "audience impressions" which is essentially scaling the number of spins by how big the audience of each station is.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I am going to make a PREDICTION:

Lana Del Rey never tops Ride.

SaintZ

YAAAAAAAAS. Embrace ha!

ix8y1BWp3Xqwl.gif

Also, Blur wins because Damon Albarn is hotter than any of the Gallagher brothers.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
They said they would be ruining MJ's rep if the estate went on with the law suits. I guess they weren't playing.

09954248.gif

It's probably just a money grab but considering the recent developments from just about anyone famous in the Uk in the 70/80s it would not surprise
make that hit thread tho

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Pfff... with how many fans there are located in the Uk, chances are you've been with a couple of them AT LEAST.

Ch... we look amazing. Bye.

To the best of my knowledge I've never slept with DEAF people.

iq41fetR52ZH6.png

Blue Jeans = Summertime Sadness = National Anthem = Ride

edit: wait, for soulscribe? idk then

Sorry but nO, Ride shits on the rest of her stuff. It is and will always be Lana Del Rey's most perfect song.

SaintZ

I actually loled at The UnWanted's video. I liked the campiness of it. The song still sucks.

Selenita's video is really good. The song still sucks.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Anthony Mandler directed both "Only Girl" and "Come and Get It", so it's not surprising the videos borrow so much from each other, and both songs are produced and written by Stargate, so yes, this is a level 10 Rihproduction of OG.

Oh they have a new video? Mind sharing? I want to laugh at it too.

Ch at the dust you pay me

She can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares, she Walks Like Rihanna

3phemeral

Just saw this. (assuming it is similar to Kworb)

1113 0 1113 13.895

First number is total number of "spins" a song gets. Aka the number of times it was played on radio across all stations.

3rd number should be the spin increase. Which is 100% of the total since the song just released.

Last number is "audience impressions" which is essentially scaling the number of spins by how big the audience of each station is.
Thanks. I still don't know what it means in terms of how well it's doing, though. These stats are so foreign to me. X_X

Thanks. I still don't know what it means in terms of how well it's doing, though. These stats are so foreign to me. X_X

Essentially I would focus on AI. Spins and adds are kind of deceiving since a spin or add from a minor station in Wyoming is kind of useless, but it is treated as equal to Z100.

On a typical day any AI update of +1.000 or larger is very good. Anything higher than +2.000 is VERY VERY good. However, they can be easily distorted by radio deals like what Mariah and JT had this year..... so you need to be aware of that. Any radio update of over +5.000 is a result of a radio deal almost 100% of the time.

When we are looking at AI peaks on radio using Kworb or Mediabase numbers a hit is anything over 100 million AI, while a really big hit is generally over 150 million.

You need to make sure they are talking about overall AI though. Pop alone is lower on both counts. A big song on pop is anything over 65/70 million.... and each genre is different.

Then there is the fact that it is a rolling chart, but that just gets too confusing sometimes.

Mau ®

Selena's video is beautiful but I wouldn't expect any less from the dude behind "Only Girl", "Ride" and "Diamonds".

I still think the song is terrible. You have to be an EXTRA level of bad to be a "Talk That Talk" rihject, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom