• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

I can't at her doing another spanish song tho

maybe it takes the last successful latina to break the curse for all

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

Majmun

Katy sold 30 million singles (in the US) from 1.5 albums, she can wear any crown she wants.

Do we still remember how many units Madonna's Vogue sold? And if it topped the charts? Or how many units Queens Bohemian Rhapsody sold and how well it charted? Those songs, or any good song in particular, will be eventually remembered for its quality, and not its chart success

And Katy has none such songs. Only forgettable fodder.

Katy doesn't deserve any crown (yet).

Mau ®

Britney has confirmed her Las Vergas residency in her issue of Shape Magazine.

“The [Vegas] performances won’t be simple—they’ll be a massive party from start to finish. And to pull this off, I have to be in top condition and running at full speed.”

3phemeral

Jesus, you're so good at shops.

When I hear the song I envisioned something like this:

Thanks, botty. :) Admittedly, I had something else in mind but I didn't have my art tablet on me and didn't want to spend any more time on the idea. A cover more like what you had in mind might have been more fitting to the motif.

I will use. Thanx. *.*

This cover also works because Mariah actually does love scrapbooking, so this is totally something she'd probably actually do. *.*

I didn't know that at all. I'm such a black sheep of the lambily. *_*

KELLY CLARKSON – People Like Us: 15.095 (+ 1.012)

She is coming for the doubters.

c3ed7b23.gif

Edit:

...and Hot 100 Top 10.

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us" (+1)
2. P!nk f/ Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason" (-1)
3. Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors" (+2)
4. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (-1)
5. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (+1)
6. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (-1)
7. Icona Pop f/ Charli XCX, "I Love It" (+2)
8. Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive" (+2)
9. Florida-Georgia Line f/ Nelly, "Cruise" (+4)
10. Pitbull f/ Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment" (-2)

Do we still remember how many units Madonna's Vogue sold? And if it topped the charts? Or how many units Queens Bohemian Rhapsody sold and how well it charted? Those songs, or any good song in particular, will be eventually remembered for its quality, and not its chart success

And Katy has none such songs. Only forgettable fodder.

Katy doesn't deserve any crown (yet).

I actually think in terms of song "timelessness" Katy Perry is in a better place right now than even Rihanna. I Kissed A Girl and Firework say hi.

But totally agreed. Chart performance does not equate to strong discographies. Bad Romance is more remembered than any of Rihanna's songs, aside from maybe Umbrella. And Bad Romance was clocked at #2 ;__;

cory64

She is coming for the doubters.

c3ed7b23.gif

Edit:

...and Hot 100 Top 10.

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us" (+1)
2. P!nk f/ Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason" (-1)
3. Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors" (+2)
4. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (-1)
5. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (+1)
6. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (-1)
7. Icona Pop f/ Charli XCX, "I Love It" (+2)
8. Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive" (+2)
9. Florida-Georgia Line f/ Nelly, "Cruise" (+4)
10. Pitbull f/ Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment" (-2)
Tbh I'm kind of annoyed now that When I Was Your Man went to #1 when it clearly didn't have the Stay-ing power.

Full radio update:
TOP 10

1. RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 178.969 (- 0.377)
2. PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 171.817 (+ 0.812)
3. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Mirrors: 157.730 (+ 2.731) ▲
4. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 156.993 (- 2.561) ▼
5. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Can’t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 140.047 (+ 2.694)
6. PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 111.330 (- 1.895)
7. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 100.743 (- 2.294)
8. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 97.846 (- 1.760)
9. DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 84.628 (+ 1.006)
10. ICONA POP – I Love It f/Charli XCX: 79.485 (+ 1.952)

FILA

11. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 75.730 (+ 0.169)
12. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 71.082 (- 2.234)
13. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 68.303 (- 1.495)
14. DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 66.885 (- 0.843)
15. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 66.153 (+ 0.018)
16. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Get Your Shine On: 65.558 (+ 0.159)
17. MIRANDA LAMBERT – Mama’s Broken Heart: 63.461 (- 0.712)
18. KREWELLA – Alive: 63.114 (- 0.257)
19. DARIUS RUCKER – Wagon Wheel: 61.521 (+ 0.346) ▲
20. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 60.608 (- 1.139) ▼

OUTRAS

CHRIS BROWN – Fine China: 56.598 (- 0.103)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 54.564 (- 0.148)
TIM MCGRAW WITH TAYLOR SWIFT – Highway Don’t Care: 54.472 (+ 0.652)
EMELI SANDE – Next To Me: 52.534 (+ 0.418)
WILL.I.AM F/JUSTIN BIEBER – #thatpower: 52.243 (+ 0.119)
SELENA GOMEZ – Come & Get It: 50.270 (+ 0.950)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 49.537 (+ 0.482)
ARIANA GRANDE – The Way f/Mac Miller: 49.164 (+ 1.535)
J. COLE – Power Trip f/Miguel: 47.870 (+ 0.577)
BLAKE SHELTON – Boys ‘Round Here: 44.765 (+ 0.730)
BRAD PAISLEY – Beat This Summer: 42.684 (+ 0.445)
JASON DERULO – The Other Side: 39.301 (+ 0.899)
LUKE BRYAN – Crash My Party: 33.874 (+ 0.583)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 28.418 (+ 0.101)

Curiosidades:

MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 37.051 (+ 4.523)
DAFT PUNK – Get Lucky: 27.056 (+ 0.990)
AVRIL LAVIGNE – Here’s To Never Growing Up: 25.311 (+ 0.152)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – See You Again: 24.620 (+ 0.624)
ZEDD – Clarity f/Foxes: 22.693 (+ 0.572)
CALVIN HARRIS F/ELLIE GOULDING – I Need Your Love: 19.150 (+ 0.364)
KELLY CLARKSON – People Like Us: 15.095 (+ 1.012)
KE$HA – Crazy Kids: 3.885 (+ 0.292)
BRUNO MARS – Treasure: 3.378 (+ 0.355)

Icona Pop is coming. Demi is also still cruising along.....top 5 maybe?

Cynosure

Shape mag pics

tumblr_mmgv72Ui471r8ox2ao1_500.jpg

942922_628784567151306_1241579638_n.jpg

11991_343054502484395_1189596436_n.jpg

I don't know why I would have to be the one to post them. Brokenknee has the biggest following here, yet she's hardly ever brought up. You guys do an awful job of stanning for ha.

I get it tho; if I were a fan, I, too, would be ashamed of stanning for that miserably lackluster disgrace.

candids of her going to the gym yesterday
maintaining her Shape

kcZ6Co5.jpg

Un4Gvxb.jpg

ACNHOHF.jpg

uCjiU.gif

ibp0dAH3bkGWt4.gif

Mau ®

It appears Selena Gomez's upcoming album "Stars Dance" will be her last

For music, she insists her newest, most revealing album Stars Dance—already boasting the hit single “Come and Get It,” the video for which just debuted on MTV.com—will be her last.

Poor Jitters
883bd1bb.gif

Oh well
f58a8b71.gif

I don't know why I would have to be the one to post them. Brokenknee has the biggest following here, yet she's hardly ever brought up. You guys do an awful job of stanning for ha.

I get it tho; if I were a fan, I, too, would be ashamed of stanning for that miserably lackluster disgrace.

It's because Britney stans only really stan pre-2007 Britney. Everything since then has just been feined moral support.

But really though, that "Army" of hers has to be Swedish coz they haven't done shit, and continue to do shit.

Fine by me tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's because Britney stans only really stan pre-2007 Britney. Everything since then has just been feined moral support.

But really though, that "Army" of hers has to be Swedish coz they haven't done shit, and continue to do shit.

Fine by me tbh

Stahp. 2007 heralded Blackout, which slays anything your honking fave has mustered. Nobody uses Circus because it is not of the high standard we expect from Godney, but Femme Fatale is a true return to form.

botty

Banned

Fine by me tbh

There hasn't really been anything for them to do. The last time they could have done something, Xtina vs Britney ratings war, they lost... and there are some breathheavy receipts of them having insane meltdowns.

Stahp. 2007 heralded Blackout, which slays anything your honking fave has mustered. Nobody uses Circus because it is not of the high standard we expect from Godney, but Femme Fatale is a true return to form.

Femme Fatale is only a return to form in production, which was never supposed to falter in the first place given her caliber. She still sounded like a vacant queefing mess on that album, regardless of said production (which was still relatively un-creative, but Brit stans have low standards for quality anyway). She checked out after ITZ but lucked out by not having enough awareness or sobriety to give any creative input into her next album, which was why Blackout was such an accidental masterpiece. Since then she's been a hermit crab without the crab.

Christina's failures were attributed to her taking conceptual risks and failing, which is still tremendously more commendable than someone who has literally been an unwrapped mummy since a knee injury in 2004 somehow terminated her charisma, talent and mental stability all at once. So let's noT.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Femme Fatale is only a return to form in production, which was never supposed to falter in the first place given her caliber. She still sounded like a vacant queefing mess on that album, regardless of said production (which was still relatively un-creative, but Brit stans have low standards for quality anyway). She checked out after ITZ but lucked out by not having enough awareness or sobriety to give any creative input into her next album, which was why Blackout was such an accidental masterpiece. Since then she's been a hermit crab without the crab.

Christina's failures were attributed to her taking conceptual risks and failing, which is still tremendously more commendable than someone who has literally been an unwrapped mummy since a knee injury in 2004. So let's noT.

Xtina's failures have been due to her having the musical talent of a pub singer but wanting to play with the big girls, overextending herself creatively and flopping hard in the process.

And after all the 'risk taking' on Bionic, Femme Fatale was still more musically interesting than any of the aural miscarriages Xtina has birthed.

So I agree, let's not.

Koodo

Banned
She checked out after ITZ but lucked out by not having enough awareness or sobriety to give any creative input into her next album, which was why Blackout was such an accidental masterpiece.
Britney was the executive producer of Blackout.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of your head being swept clean after one sentence.

Besides, I'm not sure why you keep coming for Jean. We already established the tea that Max's Mother whom you formerly stanned for owes her career to Jean; our mutual reigning-Queen fave is a maximum stan and idolizer of Jean; and your bleached true-fave has worked with and respects Jean.

Your entire stanhood owes, stans or respects Jean. Mathematically speaking, you need to BOW DOWN.
RESPECT THAT.

Britney was the executive producer of Blackout.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of your head being swept clean after one sentence.

Besides, I'm not sure why you keep coming for Jean. We already established the tea that Max's Mother whom you formerly stanned for owes her career to Jean; our mutual reigning-Queen fave is a maximum stan and idolizer of Jean; and your bleached true-fave has worked with and respects Jean.

Your entire stanhood owes, stans or respects Jean. Mathematically speaking, you need to BOW DOWN.
RESPECT THAT.

And you do know that being "executive producer" is largely a funding responsibility, right? The title has nothing to do with having actual direction or creative input into the work itself. Thankfully for her.

And yes, Christina owes her career to Britney, just like I owe my gorgeous black hair to the breakup of Pangea. One happened first, and indirectly caused the rest to take place, but who the hell thinks about Pangea? Other than myself ALL the time.

You hoes need to stop abusing the transitive property like some kind of free clinic tbh

Faded Jean stans only ever seem to operate in retrospective, which is kind of adorable. I'm sure you gals have long winding conversations about the Clinton presidency in between matches of Goldeneye and speculation on whether the world wide web is here to stay.

Koodo

Banned
And you do know that being "executive producer" is largely a funding responsibility, right? The title has nothing to do with having actual direction or creative input into the work itself. Thankfully for her.
Not a Beyhive talking down the role of expenditures.

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif

I look forward to your review of Jean's Eight. I know you will be perched by your own volition, and I know you will seethe.

Bladenic

Faded Jean stans only ever seem to operate in retrospective, which is kind of adorable. I'm sure you gals have long winding conversations about the Clinton presidency in between matches of Goldeneye and speculation on whether the world wide web is here to stay.

But Britney has been more successful than Xtina her entire career, including their most recent albums, and getting payed more for a reality talent show (albeit her tenure was obviously less successful than Xtine's).

What's your excuse gonna be if/when Britney's new album obliterates Xtine's latest flop?

Trigger

These 90s flashbacks..!!

nnnnnnnnn
sek2ldf.gif

Fey

Banned

idgi isn't reminiscing about the past the basis of the current Xtina stanbase?

Britney's career has been solid both in terms of success and quality since the beginning of her career.

Koodo

Banned
I'm not sure where the claim that the Army only works in retrospective comes from. Remember when the Femme Fatale era spawned a thousand-plus posts thread in OT of uninterrupted discussion on the current music and state of Jean?

Remind me, which is the stanbase whose latest OT failed to crack 100 posts and whose members post extensive collages of pictures from half a decade ago?

iHT2MOvLymhi9.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The ARMY does do a bunch of stuff. They got S&M (Rihmix) to go #1 on the Hot 100.

They also supported that vile mess aka Scream and Shout and made it go 2x platinum.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
idgi isn't reminiscing about the past the basis of the current Xtina stanbase?

It's not even just that bad, they reminisce about an OLD album that they praise for its OLDE TIMEY feel.

Nostalgia is all the Xtuba stans have too. At least the career Godney stans are nostalgic about was good.

The ARMY does do a bunch of stuff. They got S&M (Rihmix) to go #1 on the Hot 100.

They also supported that vile mess aka Scream and Shout and made it go 2x platinum.

Let's not though, S&S was an awful song but it was not some kind of Unapologetic stan-powered limp to #1. People went crazy for that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom