• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Marry The Night is now a platinum single.

SLAY

iLUGVB8vNFEJp.gif

I think this is ridiculous

cory64

12 streams of ANY song on the album = 1 Album stream.

Also seems like it is up to the labels to still pay to get certified. Meaning that RIAA certifications will be as unreliable as ever.

I noticed that none of Katy's singles got an update today, so yeah, as unreliable as ever.

I would have supported the change had they put in place a mechanism to deflate the numbers a bit. All these 10x platinum singles are ridiculous.

Total mess.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DMJ, Cory, Triggersus... Doesn't Rih give you LOUD teas lately?

The breakup with FIST has given her new life. LOUD 2.0 coming
52b0f867.gif

52b0f867.gif

52b0f867.gif

She's looking so fresh-faced and vibrant now! I attribute it more to a successful NA leg of her tour and not being on that grind, but yes I'm also glad she's done with Chris if its what is causing her to look so much better (as if that's even possible).

I want her to do her tour, take a bit if a break, color her hair red, and deliver me another Loud era full of hits.

Mau ®

Some Mariah tea

By Roger Friedman - Showbiz 411

I told you last weekend that Mariah Carey was no longer managed by her longtime pal Randy Jackson. Now all of a sudden that story got traction on MTV.com (which credited us–thank you). Just to explain: Randy came in to manage Mariah as she went through the process of negotiating with American Idol. He's also been helping to get her new album together. There is no problem or friction between them. She didn't dump him or oust him. Good grief.

As Mariah prepares to release the album, go on tour, etc it would be impossible for Jackson really "to manage" all of that. Randy and Mariah go back to at least her Charmbracelet album, which he captained. That album was a comeback after the "Glitterdebacle." The two are very close friends. It's unlikely Carey will return to Idol next season, but don't count out Randy. (The Wrap insists he's leaving.) Randy represents continuity at Idol. He could still be a mentor if not a judge.
PS Mariah has a full time manager, anyway. Louise McNally is always there as second managers are brought in.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ahh.gif
screaming at the RIAA

Its not like they dont already give platinum certifications to albums that havent sold as much so I'm not bothered, I just wish labels were more upfront about their sales and by that I dont mean shipments.

ahh.gif
screaming at the RIAA

Its not like they dont already give platinum certifications to albums that havent sold as much so I'm not bothered, I just wish labels were more upfront about their sales and by that I dont mean shipments.

Edit:I know HDD does count Amazon and Itunes, which means shipments are not really relevant. I imagine it has a much smaller impact than it used to.

Cynosure

Finally got around to loving Almost Home. I've had in repeat for a while.
I'm not feeling #Beautiful, and I was never fond of Triumphant, but Almost Home is sublime

such wasted potential

ibvBiNBTzFbSeN.gif

Bladenic

LOL at ya'll thinking some RADIO DJ had some inside scoop on a fucking Beyonce lead single. GTFO with your tears, you all deserve to weep.

iqg9pprc2pN6V.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That Kerlly Rowland thing was only a teaster? What a troll

Here for Kisses Down Low 2.0 tho

DMeisterJ

Banned
O I made one too

ibt6E8u6fvhjre.gif

It's 5.5 MB but this is 2013, if you're a poor soul using dial up or DSL, you have bigger issues than a large gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom