• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
At least she gave a date for the full thing.

May 21st. Londa is coming.

Same day as the Xbox reveal.
I wonder which will be more dissapointingentertaining?

Mumei

Lol the way you made that sound I thought it dropped quite a bit on Itunes but it seems to be holding steady at number 9 still, and looks like its gaining again. By videos, I'm guessing you mean the audio video that they have out on youtube? The official video doesn't come out until tonight. It will probably reach back into the top 5 again tonight.
iwgK5FMfthzrC.gif

MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 37.051 (+ 4.523)
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 41.470 (+4.419)

Bye at Leona acting like this is Trumphant / Almost Home redux. It isn't a hit yet, but this isn't in the same universe as those in terms of commercial success.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mumei that rolling update is going to clock at least 25M AI from that number next week, and it's only #9 on iTunes. There is a LING road ahead for this song if the video doesn't do some major work.

Bye at Leona acting like this is Trumphant / Almost Home redux. It isn't a hit yet, but this isn't in the same universe as those in terms of commercial success.

Mumei that rolling update is going to clock at least 25M AI from that number next week, and it's only #9 on iTunes. There is a LING road ahead for this song if the video doesn't do some major work.

I agree, but Suit and Tie showed that the rolling effect can be overcome, even after massive Payola. S&T lost at least 25m AI and took WEEKS to get back to where it was airplay wise. Still managed to be a big hit.

Mumei

You're right, but there's still a world of difference between songs that peaked around 5 million AI and barely managed top 50 on iTunes (and for a mere few hours at that before collapsing into oblivion) and a song that has been getting ~4 million updates and good adds.

Speaking of the video, I did see some pictures. I am expecting Glitter-esque Slutriah tbh.

Edit: More details~

"#BEAUTIFUL"
Pop - 1970 (+360)
Rhythmic - 897 (+235)
A/C - 446 (+6)
Hot A/C - 368 (+20)
Urban - 333 (+42)
Urban A/C - 11 (+4)
Alternative - 2 (=)
Audience - 41.470 (+4.419)
Spins - 4027 (+667)

Not bad at all.

3phemeral

You're right, but there's still a world of difference between songs that peaked around 5 million AI and barely managed top 50 on iTunes (and for a mere few hours at that before collapsing into oblivion) and a song that has been getting ~4 million updates and good adds.

Speaking of the video, I did see some pictures. I am expecting Glitter-esque Slutriah tbh.

Edit: More details~

"#BEAUTIFUL"
Pop - 1970 (+360)
Rhythmic - 897 (+235)
A/C - 446 (+6)
Hot A/C - 368 (+20)
Urban - 333 (+42)
Urban A/C - 11 (+4)
Alternative - 2 (=)
Audience - 41.470 (+4.419)
Spins - 4027 (+667)

Not bad at all.
Yass, Modmei, stan bright for Messiah!

Mau ®

Ed Sheeran sets the record straight about TAYLORD and her dating life.

“The rumor that she dates a lot of people is a misconception, because in the time that I’ve known her, which has been almost two years now, she has dated two people. Fact. And in her entire life, I think she’s dated around five or six people. I don’t like when people take shots at her because I do know her personally, and I think people get the wrong end of the stick,” he said.

“She’s so successful, and she’s so nice and sweet to everyone that she meets. There is nothing bad to say [except that] she was being pictured with a lot of dudes. I mean, I have female friends at home, who would not have the same reputation as Taylor in the media, that have been with ten times more people than her."

Since they met two years ago, Taylor and Ed have been inseparable. “It started off very strong,” the English-born singer-songwriter says. “We started off instant friends, and it’s been that since then. I think it would be incredibly unprofessional and idiotic for me to [date Taylor].” he says. “To go on tour for six months with someone and hook up with them just before you go out on tour, which is what people think we did—that’s just a really silly thing to do, because the tour would be very awkward by now, and it’s not, so that’s that.”

67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif

Mau ®

NBC has inked a deal with Adam Levine to develop content for the network.

I guess now we know who is the reason behind The Voice's success, according to NBC
6fa8bf9c.gif

3phemeral

Did anybody expect the video to be good tho?

Mariah's videos are almost always horrible.

They weren't always. Butterfly videos sans the Butterfly MV itself were actually quite good. Honey/My All/The Roof/Breakdown.

Since then, though, she mostly just hair flips awkwardly into the camera while attempting some Butterfly-era sex appeal revival via swirling her hand from her head to her hips and lumbering her upper body sporadically during emotional sequences of the track.

However, in-shape Mariah usually comes off more authentic since she's more comfortable in her clothes. I haven't seen #Beautiful yet, though.

Mumei

Mumei now receipt stanning, let me bookmark this moment.

I have receipted stanned in the past; it's just been in a retrospective sense since I had no other options. I will be sure to disavow this lapse into contemporary receipt stanning if necessary.

I gracefully admit my error.

When will anyone else in this thread, ever?

it's funny that "Mariah Carey" and "Miguel" are trending, but "#Beautiful" isn't.
That is legitimately hilarious levels of irony right there.

Did anybody expect the video to be good tho?

Mariah's videos are almost always horrible.
The Emancipation-era videos were fiyah.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have receipted stanned in the past; it's just been in a retrospective sense since I had no other options. I will be sure to disavow this lapse into contemporary receipt stanning if necessary.

Careful Mumei, we all know what happened to the last mod that tried to erase posts from their history, and we all know your previous tenure as a moderator.

ikMFjPttICtxZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom