• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Receipt stanning is still not acceptable even if Mumei does it.
The only people who do not receipt stan are the poor souls who have no receipts to stan for.

b80efe23.gif

j3bum.gif

#Beautiful video SLAYED!

Not Mariah taking a time machine and snatching the wigs of every Motown artist to ever exisT. Then taking that same time machine, traveling to the 80s, and snatching Whitney's dusty wig, by giving us the most iconic motorcycle scene from a vocalist! Whose your baby tonight, whit?

The way the sunlight was beaming through the tree as Mariah was serving playful honey-butterfly GODDESS teas.

Mariah delivered everything in that video! Hand choreo, and her insane BOD! Are your faves even trying anymore? And #Beautiful is clocking them positive itunes updates. I C U, Mimi.

I agree.

Mariah delivered EVERYTHING that made her a flop last go around.

royalan

LAWD, I just watched the #Beautiful video...

Mimi really is FOREVER 21.

She will be in her 60s and still making videos in stilettos, mini skirts and halter tops making cutesy faces at the camera.

Bless her heart.

cory64

LAWD, I just watched the #Beautiful video...

Mimi really is FOREVER 21.

She will be in her 60s and still making videos in stilettos, mini skirts and halter tops making cutesy faces at the camera.

Bless her heart.

it's not even fair that she can look like that at her age. what a GODDESS.

botty

Banned
I agree.

Mariah delivered EVERYTHING that made her a flop last go around.

Not a kelly stan coming for repetitive actions in a video. Enjoy your videos of kelly singing in front of a random band for eternity. Mariah delivereD, and you can stay pressed about iT.

Mimi safely back in the top 10 of iTunes again, bless her heart.

icxYpgCRH66sx.gif

And the video was boring, but that's as per for Mimi videos.

Good bye!

The Navy should not be coming for anyone's videos, considering the Stay video was nothing more than the bathing of a filthy capybara.

Not a kelly stan coming for repetitive actions in a video. Enjoy your videos of kelly singing in front of a random band for eternity. Mariah delivereD, and you can stay pressed about iT.

Yes, Kelly's videos are awful.

What is your point?

Doesn't change that Mimi is doing little to nothing this era to reverse her past failures. Video is shit..... and you will remain in denial about iT.

(#Beautiful is still a good enough song that it may well succeed DESPITE Mimi though.)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Where the fuck is the video for "People Like Us?"

That song could have been so successful. Way to fuck it up.

Where the fuck is the video for "People Like Us?"

That song could have been so successful. Way to fuck it up.

One week out I believe.

It had its first 1.000+ update on radio yesterday. Do not despair.

(Kelly has only ever had one out of the gate smash. I never understood why people expect that to change.)

botty

Banned
Yes, Kelly's videos are awful.

What is your point?

Doesn't change that Mimi is doing little to nothing this era to reverse her past failures. Video is shit..... and you will remain in denial about iT.

(#Beautiful is still a good enough song that it may well succeed DESPITE Mimi though.)

Little to nothing?

The era just started a few days ago and it began with an insane radio deal, video debut on a highly rated show, and it's still clocking positive updates on itunes.

If that doesn't say reversing past errors, I don't know what is.

Little to nothing?

The era just started a few days ago and it began with an insane radio deal, video debut on a highly rated show, and it's still clocking positive updates on itunes.

If that doesn't say reversing past errors, I don't know what is.

It is PERFORMING better yes, but as far as the music and music video go..... not a lot has changed. It is about the music at the end of the day.

I do credit her team for the radio deal though. If it worked for JT, maybe it can work for her.

Edit: Lets not parade a BAD music video as a good thing simply because all of her video's are bad though.

botty

Banned
But I still don't get how she isn't doing it right this time...

You even admitted the song is better than her past two efforts, and then there is the video, which is by far the best video of the last three she put out.

I know Mariah isn't necessarily your cup of tea, but there is a large increase in the quality of her latest effort.

Edit: Lets not parade a BAD music video as a good thing simply because all of her video's are bad though.

Good bye.

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

But I still don't get how she isn't doing it right this time...

You even admitted the song is better than her past two efforts, and then there is the video, which is by far the best video of the last three she put out.

I know Mariah isn't necessarily your cup of tea, but there is a large increase in the quality of her latest effort.

I think I have a skewed perspective because I REALLY like Almost Home. So while I like #Beautiful it is still a big step down from what I was hyped for.

Mau ®

The video is good enough, good style and attitude to sell the song.

Yeah now that I actually watched it I think it serves it purpose. It's got that breezy, summery vibe and Mimi looks great tbh. There's also good chemistry between her and Miguel.

Mumei

Careful Mumei, we all know what happened to the last mod that tried to erase posts from their history, and we all know your previous tenure as a moderator.

ikMFjPttICtxZ.gif

I said I'd disavow it, not erase it. ;)

That's not really true. I think a lot of her recent failures (which, if we are being honest, is essentially everything since 2008, sans Obsessed) have come from either poor or commercially irrelevant (or both) material that has arrived without fanfare or promotion. We saw what happens when she releases commercially irrelevant material (of questionable quality, no less): She struggled to get to 6 million AI, and hardly anyone purchased it or the half-dozen remixes on iTunes. And the same thing happened with Almost Home (which received no push outside of the movie to my knowledge), despite being a better song than Triumphant.

So I don't see how you can say she's doing "little to nothing" this era to reverse that on the basis of an apparently middle-of-the-road video (haven't seen it!) when she's receiving this sort of promotional push and the song is so much more relevant than her other recent material.

And what do you mean "It's a good enough song to succeed despite her"? The song was co-written, after all.

I said I'd disavow it, not erase it. ;)

That's not really true. I think a lot of her recent failures (which, if we are being honest, is essentially everything since 2008, sans Obsessed) have come from either poor or commercially irrelevant (or both) material that has arrived without fanfare or promotion. We saw what happens when she releases commercially irrelevant material (of questionable quality, no less): She struggled to get to 6 million AI, and hardly anyone purchased it or the half-dozen remixes on iTunes. And the same thing happened with Almost Home (which received no push outside of the movie to my knowledge), despite being a better song than Triumphant.

So I don't see how you can say she's doing "little to nothing" this era to reverse that on the basis of an apparently middle-of-the-road video (haven't seen it!) when she's receiving this sort of promotional push and the song is so much more relevant than her other recent material.

And what do you mean "It's a good enough song to succeed despite her"? The song was co-written, after all.

Imo it is almost one of those unintentional perfect timing situations. The song isn't amazing, but it could not have hit radio at a better time to succeed. I don't think it is something that you can plan.

The video is what my criticism centers around more. They are arguably more important to a songs success today than they have ever been. To release something so safe and boring is a clear sign of disconnect between the team and what is going on in music today. Even Kelly (who consistently produces horrible videos) is making a concerted effort to change things up and raise production values.

Fey

Banned
I hate the song and hope it flops harder than Woohoo, but it's clear Mariah+team is trying harder with this song. Radio deals + using her show for promotion (which seems like an obvious move but obviously it isn't to SOME people
9f1de191.gif
) are good moves so far to get the ball rolling.

Still don't think it'll smash though, but I will admit defeat if it does.

fake edit: I would agree with you waffle that the MV being shitty is a bad move IF it wasn't premiered on Idol. That gave it exposure and makes it seem like a big deal.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I dont care if it flops, Cant Be Tamed flopped so hard yet the album is so dear to my heart

I've been waiting for new Mileysus music for so long
boanoss111204boakpopsdj10v.gif

I thought the #Beautiful video was cute. Mariah was stunning, and Miguel was handsome. The song continues to be so damn good.

Slay Mariah and Miguel! Slay till you can't slay anymore!

EviLore's gone insane. It's a thread about a just-released music video.

I hope Justin Timberlake's new video gets the same treatment. But it won't, because he has a penis.

Bye OT.

botty

Banned
I am getting a bit of a laugh at how fast the Queen had EviLore running into the thread. There have been so many of those threads, but only Mariah had him pressed enough to lock iT up.

ibphupKLRk7Tq5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom