• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned

"have you seen this?"

4p0Y7.gif

Nemesis_

No one is being sexist. The fact that Squints is passing herself around the country like a free sample at Costco is not being used against her; nor are her male peers - in this thread, anyway - being let off scot-free for similar behaviour. How many times are we going to call Justin a cheating slut?

Rather, it's the fact that Squints cannot own up to her cock-starved ways, choosing to build a visage that is both a deceit and a terrible role-model for young women; and that she uses her sexcapades for extremely public publicity and lyrical inspiration, not only an insult to her laundry list of partners, but a hilarious and hypocritical tactic considering the aforementioned virginal visage she's trying to peddle to gullible consumers.

But we shouldn't expect more from the same trollop who defines feminism as "guys versus girls," a troubling mentality that is an accurate summation of the ideals driving this deceitful monster who is choosing to impart terrible messages on the young women of the nation at large; a horrendous lyrical output of terrible prose that can be distilled down to wanting/needing a boy to feel complete.

Squints is being called out for looking like a TERRIBLE PERSON, and an even more terrible musician, quite literally among the worst.

I'm NOT EVEN going to go in on the fact that, despite having dated half the adult male population of the United States, she has yet to claim a boyfriend whose skin tone falls outside #FFFFFF. Is she a racist jackass too? No wonder Arte chose to receipt stan this beast.

ibfGtkazyHrSP7.gif

iGnaegvJbWzKU.gif

No one is being sexist. The fact that Squints is passing herself around the country like a free sample at Costco is not being used against her; nor are her male peers - in this thread, anyway - being let off scot-free for similar behaviour. How many times are we going to call Justin a cheating slut?

Rather, it's the fact that Squints cannot own up to her cock-starved ways, choosing to build a visage that is both a deceit and a terrible role-model for young women; and that she uses her sexcapades for extremely public publicity and lyrical inspiration, not only an insult to her laundry list of partners, but a hilarious and hypocritical tactic considering the aforementioned virginal visage she's trying to peddle to gullible consumers.

But we shouldn't expect more from the same trollop who defines feminism as "guys versus girls," a troubling mentality that is an accurate summation of the ideals driving this deceitful monster who is choosing to impart terrible messages on the young women of the nation at large; a horrendous lyrical output of terrible prose that can be distilled down to wanting/needing a boy to feel complete.

Squints is being called out for looking like a TERRIBLE PERSON, and an even more terrible musician, quite literally among the worst.

I'm NOT EVEN going to go in on the fact that, despite having dated half the adult male population of the United States, she has yet to claim a boyfriend whose skin tone falls outside #FFFFFF. Is she a racist jackass too? No wonder Arte chose to receipt stan this beast.

I keep reading this and laughing out loud. This is what POP-GAF is all about. /bow

EDIT: This bitch on American Idol is doing an uber-acoustic version of Only Goat (In The World). It sounds nothing like the original so naturally I'm intrigued.

"The ONLY ONE THAT UNDER STAAIIIIINNNNNDS"

I'm sorry if I sound mean and I don't mean to troll, I'm just genuinely curious: Why are some of you obsessed with celebrities? It's just something I've been wondering; is it for their music, their looks, their personality or something else? And can someone please explain Pop music culture and your words like "shade", "stan", "slaying", etc?

Sorry again if I sound harsh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm sorry if I sound mean and I don't mean to troll, I'm just genuinely curious: Why are some of you obsessed with celebrities? It's just something I've been wondering; is it for their music, their looks, their personality or something else? And can someone please explain Pop music culture and your words like "shade", "stan", "slaying", etc?

I don't think anyone is obsessed with 'celebs' here, but why is anyone obsessed with anything? People like something, it's not really rocket science.

As for your definitions:

http://stan-wars.com/stan_dictionary.html

Trigger

I wouldn't call us obsessed. We like music and follow the industry no different than the Gaming side of GAF or sports fans. I think what causes this misconception is our sometimes hyperbolic language. It's a pastime.

As for the language: Here you go

EDIT- Not DMJ clocking me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

The only word you need to know here is Monsters

himzayrakks9g.gif

Christopher

Wow that heartbreaker song is number one on iTunes Demi might have three songs people know about!

Off tipic but since were pop gaf family Roy or any club goers what does one wear to a club I haven't been to one and people want me to you guys know what I look like advice?

Trigger

Wow that heartbreaker song is number one on iTunes. Demi might have three songs people know about!

nnnnnnn

Off topic but since we're a pop gaf family, Roy or any club goers, what does one wear to a club? I haven't been to one and people want me to. You guys know what I look like. Advice?

Wear something that isn't too heavy and keep it casual. If you're at a club chances are that you're going to be drinking/dancing. You don't want to be sweating too much IMO.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 191.500 (-0.618)
2. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 168.506 (+0.619)
3. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 161.551 (-1.349)
4. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 157.866 (-0.407)
5. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 145.381 (-0.269)
6. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 136.264 (+1.659)
7. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 125.534 (-0.879)
8. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 120.275 (+2.979)
9. PINK – Try: 106.623 (-1.645)
10. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 103.643 (-0.166)

11. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 100.640 (+2.617) ▲
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 100.616 (+0.598) ▼
13. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 86.160 (+0.932)
14. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 79.993 (-2.504)
15. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 79.807 (+0.707)
16. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 76.116 (+0.042)
17. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 73.968 (+0.986)
18. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 72.685 (-0.292)
19. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 70.979 (-1.683)
20. TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 66.993 (+0.639) ▲

PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 66.176 (-0.428)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 61.869 (+0.144)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 58.856 (+1.838)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 57.502 (+0.755)
KENDRICK LAMAR – Poetic Justice f/Drake: 56.388 (+1.268)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 54.407 (+3.401)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 52.632 (+1.233)
FUN. – Carry On: 44.623 (+0.768)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 41.357 (+2.106)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 40.499 (+0.755)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 38.533 (+0.392)
MUSE – Madness: 30.254 (+0.281)
KREWELLA – Alive: 27.169 (+0.695)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 25.597 (+0.039)

LIL WAYNE – Love Me f/Drake & Future: 45.175
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 18.952 (+0.413)
NELLY – Hey Porsche: 17.111
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 13.684 (+1.305)
KELLY ROWLAND – Kisses Down Low: 11.559
KELLY CLARKSON – Don’t Rush f/Vince Gill: 10.531
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 9.205 (+0.156)
BAAUER – Harlem Shake: 7.272 (+0.063)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 6.429 (+0.145)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 5.951 (+0.437)
DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 4.941 (+2.094)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 2.846 (+0.369)
MARIAH CAREY – Almost Home: 0.486 (-0.041)

Bless Demi for being able to stay at the top on iTunes for 3 days now,
as long as she stays in the top 5 this week she will be ok
tumblr_miuadnWwoD1qhj1p7o1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hot 100:

Stay - 7(-4)
Pour It Up - 21(+1)
Diamonds - 25(-4)
Loveeeeeee Song - 55(+8)

Loveeeeeee Song is almost top 50 and isn't even a single, and PIU should be top 20 next week. Amazing for an Urban/Rhythmic single. Rih truly is slaying across formats

KELLY CLARKSON – Don’t Rush f/Vince Gill: 10.531

Not sure why this has started to move after all this time.

Pretty sure she has a new country single coming soon.

Nemesis_

In a new interview with the UK's Mirror, Chris Brown says he's "worked hard" for forgiveness from Rihanna, who he assaulted in 2009.

"That night was the deepest regret of my life," he's quoted as saying. "But she loves me - what can I say? I'm forgiven… but yes, I worked hard for it."

According to the Mirror, Brown says he's "grown up" since that night, and the criminal charges and legal action which followed. The status of his probation remains in question, with another hearing scheduled in April.

"I was very young and took a lot of stuff, fame, for granted," he says, crediting his fans for their support.

The new remarks align with an interview Rihanna did with Rolling Stone published in January, where she opened up about their renewed relationship.

"Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake," she told the magazine. "It's different now. We don't have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about shit. We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don't want to lose that."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550117/chris-brown-on-rihanna-relationship-im-forgiven

i3Nkw4dOPKtuQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom