• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a damn second.

Leah LaBelle, an American Idol runner-up from like a decade ago, just delivered a semi-bop.

Listen to Lolita here

iB5bUtKbhPNnl.png
I much prefer her Neptunes jam from a couple years ago. I was hoping she'd continue in that same direction, but oh well.

Cute video, though.

royalan

I feel like something is coming, I had no part in this Evilore, ban them

ibnkdg3mKf85VT.gif

But I don't get it.

My thread title was an intentional reference to all the "_________ sure is looking good" threads plaguing OT (many of which remain unlocked, just sayin...), and I thought that was obvious. But unlike most of those threads, my thread actually had a point other than Mariah's physical flawlessness: Mariah's new music video...which she happens to look great in.

But I don't get it.

My thread title was an intentional reference to all the "_________ sure is looking good" threads plaguing OT (many of which remain unlocked, just sayin...), and I thought that was obvious. But unlike most of those threads, my thread actually had a point other than Mariah's physical flawlessness: Mariah's new music video...which she happens to look great in.
Exactly. It was informative.

It wasn't a "Pop-GAF" thread (or what OT lessors think constitutes a Pop-GAF thread, i.e. a bitchy OP premised on sniping Xtincta or some other heaux with no other point except to make fun of someone's weight or real life/Twitter drama).

I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I heard a song on the bus that sounded like the Notorious B.I.G.'s "Juicy" but it ended up being some Toni Braxton song and I was sad I didn't get to hear "Juicy"

Canadian Pop Princess Avril Lavigne was named by Hello! Canada, #1 in Canada's 50 Most #Beautiful stars.

She looks fucking amazing. Why are my faves so gorgeous?

I would NOT like to have the job of coming up with 50 legit names for that list.

Grats to Avril for #1 though.

botty

Banned
You know, SaintZ. I actually enjoyed the HTNGU video. And the song kind of clicked with me, too. I hope she has an Under My Skin homage coming.

SaintZ

You know, SaintZ. I actually enjoyed the HTNGU video. And the song kind of clicked with me, too. I hope she has an Under My Skin homage coming.
I didn't like it that much at first (sans the homage to the Complicated video) but it gets better the more I watch it. Did you listen to Goodbye Lullaby tho? It has some moments of lyrical brilliance similar to Under My Skin *.* (sans those forced by RCA Max Martin tracks).

royalan

Canadian Pop Princess Avril Lavigne was named by Hello! Canada, #1 in Canada's 50 Most #Beautiful stars.

She looks fucking amazing. Why are my faves so gorgeous?

ictkksuqmkurq7uxbu.gif

I would say this is thread-worthy.

But it would be a thread about a female pop star that's not posted with the intent of being ironically derogatory toward pop music or pop celebrities, and thus would be closed immediately. ;__;

botty

Banned
I didn't like it that much at first (sans the homage to the Complicated video) but it gets better the more I watch it. Did you listen to Goodbye Lullaby tho? It has some moments of lyrical brilliance similar to Under My Skin *.* (sans those forced by RCA Max Martin tracks).

Which tracks, though?

Wish You Were Here reminds me of UMS, but I am not sure what other tracks do.

SaintZ

I would say this is thread-worthy.

But it would be a thread about a female pop star that's not posted with the intent of being ironically derogatory toward pop music or pop celebrities, and thus would be closed immediately. ;__;
I was going to post them in the HTNGU video thread but after the Mariah thing I'll keep them in this thread lol.
Which tracks, though?

Wish You Were Here reminds me of UMS, but I am not sure what other tracks do.
Remember When
Not Enough
Stop Standing There
Goodbye

Those are my favorites *.*

Satch

Banned
OMG

JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO GO HAM IN THAT REDHEAD THREAD THAT'S NOTHING BUT A STEALTH "HOT GIRLS" THREAD AND YET IT'S STILL UNLOCKED AND MY MARIAH THREAD WAS CLOSED YOU GO AND GIVE ME THE PERFECT THING TO DISTRACT MYSELF FROM DOING SOMETHING STUPID.

15 seconds in and I'm already DYING.

wait till you get to the ending

i HOWLED and HOLLERED it was just too much

royalan

Hey sistren. The last few times I've popped in on the DJ room its been completely empty.

There used to always be at least a few people in there at all times. Have you gurls moved on to a different room? Or is the Plug.DJ era over? #Warrior

Hey sistren. The last few times I've popped in on the DJ room its been completely empty.

There used to always be at least a few people in there at all times. Have you gurls moved on to a different room? Or is the Plug.DJ era over? #Warrior

Same. I need entertainment and ya'll seem to only meet when there's a Big Brother episode :(

I am not sure when I stopped visiting. I enjoyed it, but not when people spurned the actual popgaf thread to post over there.

Koodo

Banned
#Beautiful video SLAYED!

Not Mariah taking a time machine and snatching the wigs of every Motown artist to ever exisT. Then taking that same time machine, traveling to the 80s, and snatching Whitney's dusty wig, by giving us the most iconic motorcycle scene from a vocalist! Whose your baby tonight, whit?

The way the sunlight was beaming through the tree as Mariah was serving playful honey-butterfly GODDESS teas.

Mariah delivered everything in that video! Hand choreo, and her insane BOD! Are your faves even trying anymore? And #Beautiful is clocking them positive itunes updates. I C U, Mimi.
I just saw the #BEAUTIFUL video and I do not detect a single lie in this post. Not a wig in sight was left unscathed.

ivwVanGbCUSOF.gif

royalan

Let's take a moment to honor the series' greatest triumph: "The Uninvited".

Brilliance oozing from every 480p frame.

Any other favorite eps, gurlesas?

This is also my favorite episode. This and the premier episode. *.*

I'm going to miss this show. I don't even want to think about how many times I've watched each episode, and I still laugh at them all. Except pt. 1 of the finale. Lawd that was a mess.

I wish big things for Patti LaHelle in the future. Sure, G2BR was just a collection of silly YT videos at the end of the day...but I can't help but feel touched by them, in a strange way. G2BR was something special. Dare I say...maybe a bit culturally significant?

This is also my favorite episode. This and the premier episode. *.*

I'm going to miss this show. I don't even want to think about how many times I've watched each episode, and I still laugh at them all. Except pt. 1 of the finale. Lawd that was a mess.

I wish big things for Patti LaHelle in the future. Sure, G2BR was just a collection of silly YT videos at the end of the day...but I can't help but feel touched by them, in a strange way. G2BR was something special. Dare I say...maybe a bit culturally significant?
That's not an exaggeration, gurl. The videos were the perfect distillation of a particular subculture - few pieces of media so keenly dissect, mock, and capture their specific subject so well.

Oh lawd, I just remembered the Whitney tribute episode. That has to be my favorite. Maya Angelou is this show's secret MVP XD

cory64

She opened the damn place. It'd be another thing if she just happened to play there on tour like Rihanna did the other week, but the management actually thought they wouldn't be cursed by having her christen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom