• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Code:
The Young & Beautiful video is out. It uses the orchestral version and is immaculate.
Witness.

LAWD SHE IS FLAWFREE

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

She even used the superior orchestral version. She HAS to slay with this
Video fits the time period better than the rest of the film
Beautiful.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Make sure you freshen up afterwards

lol_gif_glee_santana_naya_hot_sexy_unf_kiss_hnnng.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The last episode of G2BR. There are no words. I laughed all alone in my office and then started crying I haven't stopped its starting to flood help me please send help

Matt_

Yasss Jessica Slaychez. *.*

I don't watch the show much anymore, but I still like some of their covers.

If you can believe it, the story is actually getting worse
I only watch it for Rachel and Lady Hummel

Has new Kate Nash been posted?
OHMYGOD!

Aint no Pumpkin Soup or Foundations, but it's 'aight

edit; oh. wiki is telling me her album came out the beginning of March

Touchdown

Banned
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 32.528
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 37.051 (+ 4.523)
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 41.470 (+4.419)
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 47.225 (+5.785)

4 days in a row, greatest gainer djfhjsdfhsdjfhsdjfhdsjfsh

Another #Beautiful day incoming
ibp0dAH3bkGWt4.gif

Bladenic

ibp0dAH3bkGWt4.gif

SLAY

iDru4BbXF2qnW.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

ibp0dAH3bkGWt4.gif

I can't wait until you post the update next Tuesday

ikMFjPttICtxZ.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
But we already know it's going to be -32 million, right? For now the updates are fantastic, yes?

Not necessarily -32 million since the rolling effect is only the difference between the update it got the previous week and what it got that day, so if she gets another 4M update that day, it'd only be a rolling effect of -28 million. They're fine for now but her having to battle back from being at 25 million again is what the real issue will wind up being.

SaintZ

Code:
The Young & Beautiful video is out. It uses the orchestral version and is immaculate.
Witness.
Not you beating the Lana stans RIP.

Anyway, the video is ok. It was giving me Suspiria teas with the look and use of color. Lana looks gorge as per.
Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds tho.
I'll give you Godsling but Ryan has become increasingly unatrractive to me for some reason. I think it was because of Green Lantern. His body is amazing tho.

Touchdown

Banned
Not necessarily -32 million since the rolling effect is only the difference between the update it got the previous week and what it got that day, so if she gets another 4M update that day, it'd only be a rolling effect of -28 million. They're fine for now but her having to battle back from being at 25 million again is what the real issue will wind up being.

Such a party pooper. Just gonna sit back and enjoy while the fun lasts.
tumblr_mmkapb6d6p1qa74kvo2_250.gif

Mumei

Oh yes.

And this is true, but seems like starting with 32 million, getting to 55 - 60 million, and then getting knocked down to ~30 million because of the rolling effect is at least as good as starting low and getting a slow build to 30 million on the same day. Perhaps better if you think the larger audience on the first day was worth something.

I wonder how flamboyantly I will be losing my shit once Grown Woman gets released. None of you are safe.

Second, Super and I will be taking it to church I'm sure.

#beyoncewoes

Trigger

Grown Woman's video better drop soon.

Such a party pooper. Just gonna sit back and enjoy while the fun lasts.

Indeed, as a Queen once decreed:

Tomorrow way too far away
And we can't get back yesterday
But we young right now
We got right now
So get up right now
Cause all we got is Right Now

icxYpgCRH66sx.gif

Indeed, as a Queen once decreed:

Tomorrow way too far away
And we can't get back yesterday
But we young right now
We got right now
So get up right now
Cause all we got is Right Now

Not a very articulate queen...

Good luck with that.

If everyone in here were a cute forest critter, you would be the grizzly bear that charges into neighborhoods every fortnight to eat children.

Majmun

I wonder how flamboyantly I will be losing my shit once Grown Woman gets released. None of you are safe.

Second, Super and I will be taking it to church I'm sure.

#beyoncewoes

I'm a straight man but... I'M A GROWN WOMAN, I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!!!!

Can't wait to jam to this. Beyoncé's power
ibc2P0aCTfehc3.gif

Bladenic

It never gets old tbh

i4ch0gQWZTdhr.gif

but I will cease

also regarding Bey idc about Grown Man but I NEED Standing on the Scripture this summer. If it's not fully available for purchase or streaming before the summer is out Bey will be DEAD to me.

They're just pressed coz you're an attractive male, and they wanted you for the team.

EDIT: Standing on the Lessors will slay, but Grown Woman sounds way more up my alley. Givin' me intense B'Day teas with a touch of End of Time. i.e. Jesus-tier material. I canNot.

Bladenic

They're just pressed coz you're an attractive male, and they wanted you for the team.

EDIT: Standing on the Lessors will slay, but Grown Woman sounds way more up my alley. Givin' me intense B'Day teas with a touch of End of Time. i.e. Jesus-tier material. I canNot.

Not me tho, I'm his teammate. It's just funny

iDru4BbXF2qnW.gif

Aww thanks!! But yeah, my current gf gets all of me now.
iQwCjCJSgp7hz.gif

Bladenic is also straight, tho. And quite attractive, from what I've seen. So hunt ha down

I don't have a hunting license, plus the gays are enough, I don't need a larger sample size. lol

Okay so the transition is complete. I am now officially a Lana Del Rey fan. I may even venture further into stan territory once I see some of her other stuff (performances, interviews, etc.) but here are my favorite songs:

Born To Die:
- Off To The Races (I've decided that if I do drag I will be lip syncing to this song. It's fucking perfect)
- Born To Die
- Summertime Sadness
- This Is What Makes Us Girls DEMO (coz it's faster and the vocals are more on point)
- The one verse that goes "Everything I want I have/ money, notoriety and rivieras.." LOVE ITTTTT
- National Anthem

Paradise:
- Ride (Epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic epic)
- American (See above)
- Blue Velvet (I know it's a Lee Morris song but you wouldn't think it when you hear it. Old school classy shit right here)
- Gods & Monsters (a grower but it's grown)

I however do NOT like:
- Video Games (not on a real level anyway; my friends and I sing this to each other ironically but as an actual song I hate it)
- Cola (fucked it up from the very first line)
- Yayo (you can't queef your way through a song Lana. This is like the soundtrack to my bathroom at 4 am after too much whisky and kimchi fries)
- Burning Desire (boring)

So Paradise seems to have my favorite songs and my least favorite songs from her. INTERESTING

royalan

Welcome to the fold, Soul-Sis. *.*
Although I do not reside in the upper reaches of her Standom, I'm still a big fan

Also, weeks later and the only good thing I can say about Grown Woman is that I have a boner for the twins who dance with her. At the same time, thanx.

ImkgZzd.jpg

Cynosure

Paradise:
- American (See above)
- Blue Velvet (I know it's a Lee Morris song but you wouldn't think it when you hear it. Old school classy shit right here)

yas, stan for Paradise's best

ibc2P0aCTfehc3.gif

The only thing I really like about Blue Velvet is its Born To Die cousin intro

Aguila

#ICONIC
Okay so the transition is complete. I am now officially a Lana Del Rey fan. I may even venture further into stan territory once I see some of her other stuff (performances, interviews, etc.) but here are my favorite songs:

Born To Die:
- Off To The Races (I've decided that if I do drag I will be lip syncing to this song. It's fucking perfect)
- Born To Die
- Summertime Sadness
- This Is What Makes Us Girls DEMO (coz it's faster and the vocals are more on point)
- The one verse that goes "Everything I want I have/ money, notoriety and rivieras.." LOVE ITTTTT
- National Anthem

Paradise:
- American (See above)

I however do NOT like:
- Video Games (not on a real level anyway; my friends and I sing this to each other ironically but as an actual song I hate it)
- Cola (fucked it up from the very first line)
- Yayo (you can't queef your way through a song Lana. This is like the soundtrack to my bathroom at 4 am after too much whisky and kimchi fries)
- Burning Desire (boring)

So Paradise seems to have my favorite songs and my least favorite songs from her. INTERESTING

JAAASSS Soulscribe.

ibeXPm3Ws6LgmU.gif

Lana has really come a long way since she first blew up. She has gained a more confident presence in her performances and even in interviews. You should probably be aware of that when looking at her older stuff *.*

Oh, and there's 3 versions of Y&B charting on iTunes... with no airplay!! And ones at 24!! Slayingg ;_;

Also, weeks later and the only good thing I can say about Grown Woman is that I have a boner for the twins who dance with her. At the same time, thanx.

ImkgZzd.jpg

I've had a crush on Les Twins since she started hauling them around on her tours. Sooooo freakin' cute and bubbly. I just wanna cuddle them both. And maybe make fun of their hair.

Nemesis_

Now after reading this, what the fuck actually happened on the 777 tour?

“She was on the plane.” That’s what people have murmured in hushed, sometimes terrified, tones since November, seemingly in reference to a horrible crash or actual hostage situation. Everyone’s interested in recounting my experience on the Rihanna 777 Tour last fall, a seven-day trek through seven countries to watch the pop star perform seven abridged promo shows in an effort to – well, I’m not sure anyone was ever really clear on its purpose. In many ways, the 150 global journalists on board the chartered Delta 777 felt like hostages, albeit willing ones. The reports that filtered out that week, referencing long hours spent on runways, on buses that didn’t move, without real food or bathroom, are verifiable. That week was tedious and exhausting, rarely involving sleep, water or the necessary Internet access to file stories. There was a riot onboard the plane between Berlin and London, a stretch marked by 36 hours without sleep, and the entire journey, in many ways, felt like a social experiment.

A documentary crew was also on the plane, following the journalists and contest-winning fans around closely (and, obnoxiously, filming people’s open-mouthed faces on the rare occasion they did sleep). For a once in a lifetime event, one the general public followed – and still follows – with rapt interested, the eventual documentary, titled Rihanna 777, that the crew has released is basically watered-down propaganda. An hour-long version of the documentary aired last night on FOX and is accompanied by a slightly longer version on DVD today. Instead of revealing the entertaining tumult that characterized the 777 Tour, the documentary crew has chastened the experience in the editing room, glossing over the rioting incident and the long hours spent waiting around for Rihanna to finish lingerie shopping in Paris.

In some regard, that’s understandable. Rihanna already garnered significant amounts of negative press and criticism during the tour (Gawker referred to the event as “RihaArgo” and reported the tour as if it were a real hostage incident). But the pop star doesn’t really come out of the terse documentary looking like gold. The filmmakers are repeatedly forced to blur out her nipples or a blunt shoved behind her ear, and in one of the more interesting scenes, Rihanna, clearly stoned, unintelligibly blabbers about her role in pop music. Of course this documentary has far more of Rihanna than any of us saw that week while on tour with her. One of the greatest notes of criticism was that the singer invited us all onboard and then vanished, citing fatigue and later feigning to Rolling Stone in a cover story that she knew nothing of the near-mutiny.

Of course one of the universal issues with documentaries is their arguable failure to accurately represent reality, a problem written about extensively by film scholars in an effort to understand whether non-narrative filmmaking can reveal truth. Rihanna 777 does, in some regard, reveal truths of the experience. A narrative, although a notably shortened one, takes the viewer across seven countries, showcasing (some of) the hours spent waiting around and the unfortunate arrival into every city during their rush hour. Rihanna is shown performing one song in each city – and her real vocals are used on the track. The Australian shock jock who unwittingly initiated the riot between Berlin and London is actually shown streaking through the plane’s aisles, although his appearance is edited out of order in the sequence of real events that evening. What isn’t shown? A lot, but it’s mostly stuff you wouldn’t want to watch on TV anyway because it was tedious and exhausting and, ultimately, kind of dull.

I watched the documentary last night with two of Fuse crew members who were also on the plane (as well as a bottle of Jameson, procured as a means to ease the very real and apparently lingering sense of PTSD). We agreed, after watching it, that no one can ever really know what happened on that plane. You can read the reports, you can watch this documentary, but the experience of the 777 Tour isn’t exactly something easily conveyed. There truly was a sense of being taken hostage, of grappling with Stockholm Syndrome, of being involved in something akin to the Stanford Prison Experiment. But there was also an overwhelming sense of camaraderie and collective survival. It’s offered us a bragging point as our friends and colleagues fervently tell others that we were on the plane.

Rihanna 777 is a marketing product under the guise of a documentary, one that gives her fans a glossed=over look at an event now famous both in and outside of the music industry. There’s no revelation in the end and nothing is learned from it, but Rihanna’s fans will likely gravitate toward the DVD as a means of seeing more from the pop star. The “journalist” who drives the film, one Mike Ruffino, was clearly being paid to be a talking head. (Who is he? Apparently a writer for Playboy but none of us ever saw any of his dispatches from the tour and Google offers little else.) If you accept Rihanna 777 for what it really is, a way for Rihanna to sell DVDs to her extensive fan base, then it generally works.

One of the Fuse crew members suggested last evening that we should now leave the 777 Tour in the past, that this documentary should close the chapter on that experience. And while we’ll always want to tell the story of this fateful week that’s probably the reality of it, particularly since we can’t harp on it forever. But I may never be able to go back to Berlin for reasons this documentary crew largely left on the editing room floor and unless a found footage film of the 777 Tour eventually emerges there may never be an accurate reflection of our reality last November.

Comparing it to the Stanford Prison Experiment though.

ibv6vkhXX1B9Qn.gif

Fey

Banned
It never gets old tbh

but I will cease

also regarding Bey idc about Grown Man but I NEED Standing on the Scripture this summer. If it's not fully available for purchase or streaming before the summer is out Bey will be DEAD to me.

Yesss, I have no idea why she seems to be releasing Grown Woman as the lead. Standing on the Sun sounds amazing, and I don't even like Beyonce. Sounds like a great summer song, too.

tumblr_mlttt6BXa61r1w0who1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom