• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
ratings say otherwise

Msavm.gif

#oop

Clock ha.
iobYkuMnmTjSf.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
So basically BTD could have smashed in the US if they gave it proper promo?

Probably. They only promoted Video Games in the US and that song wasn't really her best >_>
I mean, some US radio stations are playing Summertime Sadness *.*
Who knows what could have happened had they promoted National Anthem or Blue Jeans.

Cynosure

Probably. They only promoted Video Games in the US and that song wasn't really her best >_>

bye. it is one her best
She probably would have never caught my attention if it weren't for it

I remember hearing it for the for time in an episode of Gossip Girl. I didn't even wait until the episode finished before googling up the song. I then stumbled upon what I think will always be her best song:

Pawn Shop Blues
vGHEB.gif

serene indie perfection

i8gJmvaELYYiU.gif

SaintZ

#12, #81, #112

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Ha album might reach platinum status in the US before the end of the year

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif
I can't right now tbh

naomicryingzbul5.gif

But seriously Lana didn't promote BTD. She only had 2 TV appearances in the US, SNL (which was before even BTD was released) and one in American Idol. None of her songs were sent to radio either so if it anything from her was played it was because people requested it or the station liked her well enough.

And she said in interviews how she didn't gave two shits about how the album did in America because the press hated her ass. I hope she changes her mind after the reception of Y&B (and announces some dates for this continent).

I love this song. It's one of my favorites from LDRakaLG

I can do this once more
No man can keep me together
Been broken since I was born

naomicryingzbul5.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
bye. it is one her best
She probably would have never caught my attention if it weren't for it

I remember hearing it for the for time in an episode of Gossip Girl. I didn't even wait until the episode finished before googling up the song. I then stumbled upon what I think will always be her best song:

Pawn Shop Blues
vGHEB.gif

serene indie perfection

i8gJmvaELYYiU.gif

I love Video Games (and PSB!!) but it wasn't the "best" single to promote her with at the time. Her performances of it were pretty uninspired because she had to keep that somber tone throughout. Couple that with her nervousness and inexperience and you get the SNL performance. I imagine her having done better had she instead performed the much more upbeat National Anthem/Blue Jeans on SNL in ha little rose print skirt and white shirt
vGHEB.gif

!!!!!

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Good for Lana, doesn't matter much to me though.

However at the moment on a 1-10 scale of stanhood (10 being full stan), I'm at about 9 with Lana. Been listening to her songs nonstop for the last week and I'm falling for ha. Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom