• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

No we won't.

iNXdAaNGdFXp6.gif

I'm actually surprised she's not doing anything about this.

It hit me while I was at the club with some friends a few days ago: nobody talks about Gaga anymore. And, worse than that, she's starting to become a bit passe. Like watching Glee, wearing butterfly pins in your hair, getting henna tattoos or going through a goth phase: those things that you used to do, and you can look back fondly and laugh, but you wouldn't really consider doing them now. I think this is a by-product of her being so specifically eccentric. She's running the risk of being seen as a fad, a staple of a specific period in music but unable to survive beyond it (the new Donna Summer?).

I drag Gaga, but truth be told if she ever went back to her Fame/Fame Monster style of less pretentious/preachy Pop I would return to stanning in a second. But, it's kind of getting hard to deny that she's starting to fade, so I'm surprised her team is allowing her to go this long without SOMETHING to tantalize people with.

Aguila

#ICONIC
As always. Younger and more beautiful than your favs anyway.

:D

mess at this fanfare over a lana song entering the top 10 of itunes

Not you underestimating this momentous occasion.

ibhcyYhmupPajF.gif

The United States citizens are clearly REPENTING for their original SIN.

i4zLTcrtoBPrz.gif

They have seen the Instagram filtered LIGHT and are hearing the voice of an ANGEL.

iI65EUL8vCW7w.gif

Both are directing them to the BUY button next to THREE versions of the song "Young and Beautiful" and they are clickinG iTTT with pleasurEEE.

tumblr_mbrxgxIksM1rd7qr5o1_400.gif

cory64

I'm actually surprised she's not doing anything about this.

It hit me while I was at the club with some friends a few days ago: nobody talks about Gaga anymore. And, worse than that, she's starting to become a bit passe. Like watching Glee, wearing butterfly pins in your hair, getting henna tattoos or going through a goth phase: those things that you used to do, and you can look back fondly and laugh, but you wouldn't really consider doing them now. I think this is a by-product of her being so specifically eccentric. She's running the risk of being seen as a fad, a staple of a specific period in music but unable to survive beyond it (the new Donna Summer?).

I drag Gaga, but truth be told if she ever went back to her Fame/Fame Monster style of less pretentious/preachy Pop I would return to stanning in a second. But, it's kind of getting hard to deny that she's starting to fade, so I'm surprised her team is allowing her to go this long without SOMETHING to tantalize people with.

No pop star as big as her has actually tried to go as specific as her, at least not as early in their career (as far as I know). She will have trouble maintaining a peripheral audience but I doubt she will fade as much as you're saying.

Majmun

Celebrities that have attended the "Mrs. Carter Show"

01. Kevin Costner
02. Robert Fico (Prime Minister of Slovakia)
03. Teyana Taylor
04. Dean Caten
05. Dan Caten
06. Salma Hayek
07. Alexandre Vauthier
08. Olivier Rousteing (Balmain)
09. Peter Dundas
10. Riccardo Tisci
11. The-Dream
12. Jean Reno
13. Jean Paul Gaultier
14. Rebecca Ferguson
15. Nick Grimshaw
16. Princess Eugenie
17. Patrick Cox
18. Matt Williamson
19. Melissa Obadash
20. Naomi Campbell
21. Alexandra Burke
22. Rita Ora
23. Rochelle (The Saturdays)
24. Andy Carrol
25. David Koma
26. Trijntje Oosterhuis
27. Julien Macdonald
28. Kim Kardashian
29. Kanye West
30. Pixie Lott
31. The XX
32. Victoria Beckham
33. David Beckham
34. Katherine Jenkins
35. Matt Jarvis
36. Danny Cipriani
37. Kelly Brooke
38. Lorraine Schwartz
39. Ofira Sandberg
40. John Ruddy
41. Bo Bruce
42. Marvin Humes (JLS)
43. Ortise Williams (JLS)
44. Rubin Singer
45. Chris Martin
46. Gwyneth Paltrow
47. Misha B
48. Ludacris
49. Estelle
50. Stella McCartney
51. Jaymi (Union J)
52. Ella Henderson
53. Alan Carr
54. Zachary Quinto
55. Tyrese
56. Perrie Edwards (Little Mix)
57. Jade Thirwall (Little Mix)
58. Russell Kane
59. Loveable Rogues
60. Katy B
61. Adele
62. Robbie Williams
63. Mai Charoenpura
64. Bow Wow
65. Coleen Rooney
66. Wayne Rooney
67. Genevieve Nnaji
68. Karlie Kloss
69. Joe McElderry
70. Simon Cox
71. Jamelia

Slaying celebs from left to right
And the US leg hasn't even started yet.
iQYg7IQINLSpD.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Yes, Katy B obviously pushed her new album to fall because she was so inspired by Beyonce's slayage. She is going to slay us harder than ever before ;_;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Don't worry.

Whether or not we actually see albums from Bey, Gaga, or Brit this year, rest assured there will be a Rihanna album (RihRelease, hopefully) of some sort that will have two or three songs for you to use.
Rest assured? More like adding insult to injury.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh look, Gosling and Supes have something shady to say about Rihanna, how fresh and invigorating! Let me craft a response like I actually give a fuck...

Oh wait.

Artemisia

Banned
Gurl where did I say the album was trash? I just said I didn't like it. A fucking mess. Their other records are still good.

And Little Boots has always been mediocre.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Gurl where did I say the album was trash? I just said I didn't like it. A fucking mess. Their other records are still good.

And Little Boots has always been mediocre.
I am only on my first listen but so far it slays. Not sure if it's Contra quality but it'll take more listens.

Little Boots is excellent though, not sure where that trash opinion came from.

Nemesis_

Oh look, Gosling and Supes have something shady to say about Rihanna, how fresh and invigorating! Let me craft a response like I actually give a fuck...

Oh wait.

People hate Rihanna, just like people hate other faves of other people.

Stop seething so much because people don't like Rih tbh.

ihRBD5qWt4nVf.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
People hate Rihanna, just like people hate other faves of other people.

Stop seething so much because people don't like Rih tbh.

http://i.minus.com/ihRBD5qWt4nVf.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Says the person whose favorite past-time is quitting POPGAF. Says the person who actively dislikes and is bothered by certain Popgaffers. Your seething puts mine to shame.

[quote="Mumei, post: 57546314"]66.756m (+7.14m)[/QUOTE]

That radio payola.

Trigger

I am only on my first listen but so far it slays. Not sure if it's Contra quality but it'll take more listens.

Little Boots is excellent though, not sure where that trash opinion came from.

Topping Contra would be a pretty hard feat. It's still such a lovely album.
Xs8eiNf.gif

I haven't formed an opinion on their latest effort yet though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't even hate Rihanna tho. It's an accusation the #NVAY level against me whenever I state facts about her, like that she's not an amazing life performer or that her albums are middling (bar Loud) at best.

It's not my fault they can't deal with the strength of my tea.
Topping Contra would be a pretty hard feat. It's still such a lovely album.
Xs8eiNf.gif

I haven't formed an opinion on their latest effort yet though.
Contra is such a perfect summer album. So many breezy fresh bops.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't even hate Rihanna tho. It's an accusation the #NVAY level against me whenever I state facts about her, like that she's not an amazing life performer or that her albums are middling (bar Loud) at best.

It's not my fault they can't deal with the strength of my tea.

Find me a post where I've ever said "Gosling hates Rihanna".

I'll save you the time and say that it doesn't exist. I don't care if you love or hate her, I just get tired of stale tea, specifically yours.

It's not my fault that YOU can't deal with the strength of my tea.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
O so you don't even deny that I speak truths, you're just tired of my repeating them.

Fine, I'll give it a rest. For now.

iTMq5iWAIUOQ8.gif

Nemesis_

What even constitutes stale tea? The fact that Rihanna isn't a great live performer and after so many albums and tours still hasn't rectified such problems?

Says the person whose favorite past-time is quitting POPGAF. Says the person who actively dislikes and is bothered by certain Popgaffers. Your seething puts mine to shame.

Once or twice, I would agree with you on the former.

I get busy from time to time, I don't get how that's a problem for any of my extended absences. Especially since posting a community thread is considerably more time consuming than posting in a normal thread since we (at times) move at a faster pace.

I am glad you noticed though xoxoxo

I am glad I have friends from all stanbases in PopGAF. :3

i4C7Yu1KKP7MP.gif

EDIT: A snippet from the Sia written Beyonce song, RISE UP has been put online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISnZT_nxO6k

Boring tbh.

Find me a post where I've ever said "Gosling hates Rihanna".

I'll save you the time and say that it doesn't exist. I don't care if you love or hate her, I just get tired of stale tea, specifically yours.

It's not my fault that YOU can't deal with the strength of my tea.

Oh giiiiirl. This reminds me of that black kettle I bought from Target a few weeks back. I wonder if it posts on NeoGaf too?

EDIT: A snippet from the Sia written Beyonce song, RISE UP has been put online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISnZT_nxO6k

Boring tbh.

Sounds like it could be good; and I'll take it where I can get it at this point. I'm assuming we'll get the song sometime around the film's release date (May 24th) so I have something Beyonce-related to look forward to at least.

What a messy era.

I assumed eras started when the first single came out, so consider this a "polite pre-era dust-up." lol

Also, I may or may not sort of like J-Lo's new track with Pitbull. And after I threw some shade at it in here. Generic as hell but that breakdown after the chorus is fierce I won't lie.

Also, as mentioned, been listening to Lana Del Rey constantly. Lucky Ones is just so flawless.

I'll make a stanhood declaration sometime soon. I will make it officiaL

SaintZ

Also, as mentioned, been listening to Lana Del Rey constantly. Lucky Ones is just so flawless.

I'll make a stanhood declaration sometime soon. I will make it officiaL
Yes, join uS.

And sis, have you listened some of her unreleased stuff? There are some gems there *.*

Yes, join uS.

And sis, have you listened some of her unreleased stuff? There are some gems there *.*

No!! I'll need a good reference guide though *.*

Actually I've listened to Pawn Shop Blues and I liked it though it didn't click on the first listens. But yeah I'm always open for recommendations. :p

Trigger

I understand Arte's feelings on the new Vampire Weekend now. Only halfway through, but I'm not very impressed. There's maybe one song I dig. Lots of interesting melodies, but none of it comes together satisfyingly.

Yes, join uS.

Mmhmm. I still adore Playing Dangerous, and I think her version of Ghetto Baby is superior.

Artemisia

Banned
I understand Arte's feelings on the new Vampire Weekend now. Only halfway through, but I'm not very impressed. There's maybe one song I dig. Lots of interesting melodies, but none of it comes together satisfyingly.

Exactly. There are many songs that I was into until another element was added that threw everything off. It wasn't just a matter of the song avoiding being obvious, as most of the time the elements added aren't very appealing. I think the pitched voices in Ya Hey are the best example of this.

Nemesis_

SaintZ I've only ever heard the God Bless America collection. I reviewed it, even though I can't find the review since it's buried in the old topics.

I'd also like to know which of her unreleased stuff is best to listen to,

SaintZ

No!! I'll need a good reference guide though *.*

Actually I've listened to Pawn Shop Blues and I liked it though it didn't click on the first listens. But yeah I'm always open for recommendations. :p
I'll list my favorites *.*

Serial Killer
Children of The Bad Revolution
Never Let Me Go
On Our Way
Kinda Outta Luck
Hit and Run

Wiki has section dedicated to all her unreleased material lol

Also. #8.

ibrda9qcdo5xq7ewzup.gif

SaintZ I've only ever heard the God Bless America collection. I reviewed it, even though I can't find the review since it's buried in the old topics.

I'd also like to know which of her unreleased stuff is best to listen to,
From the ones I listed Kinda Outta Luck, Never Let Me Go and Our Way are in the God Bless America mixtape IIRC. Oh. Back to the Basics is cute. And Paris. And Marilyn Monroe. They are nothing groundbreaking but they show a different side (cutesy) of Lana IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom