• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll list my favorites *.*

Serial Killer
Children of The Bad Revolution
Never Let Me Go
On Our Way
Kinda Outta Luck
Hit and Run

Wiki has section dedicated to all her unreleased material lol

Also. #8.

ibrda9qcdo5xq7ewzup.gif

Bless <3

Does anyone else here like the demo version of This Is What Makes Us Girls more than the final release? It's so bubbly and fast-paced. lol

Trigger

Exactly. There are many songs that I was into until another element was added that threw everything off. It wasn't just a matter of the song avoiding being obvious, as most of the time the elements added aren't very appealing. I think the pitched voices in Ya Hey are the best example of this.

God, who thought that sounded good?
ImDl8Hf.gif

Majmun

Grown Woman sounds like a smash. Don't know what's keeping her from releasing the track. We have already heard the full version live and it slays. Just release the studio version already.

Doesn't Beyoncé like money? Maybe the song is owned by Pepsi and they don't want her to release it yet? The way she is handling this era makes my think about crazy conspiracy theories.

Soulscribe, I can't wait for you to join the Lana stans tbh. She is perfect. The part in "Without You" where she's like:

We were 2 kids just trying to get out
Lived on the dark side
Of the American dream
We would dance all night
Play our music loud
When we grew up
Nothing was what it seemed

Omg. Just perfection. God bless her.

Beysus said:
Grown Woman sounds like a smash. Don't know what's keeping her from releasing the track. We have already heard the full version live and it slays. Just release the studio version already.

Doesn't Beyoncé like money? Maybe the song is owned by Pepsi and they don't want her to release it yet? The way she is handling this era makes my think about crazy conspiracy theories.

Grown Woman sounds so freakin' flawless. It's got that B'Day funk but also leans toward Countdown/End Of Time in her vocal delivery. I HATED her vocals for B'Day so I'm happy that her vocals have matured since then.

I almost don't give a shit about Standing On Rihanna's Weave because I want Grown Woman so much. Everything about the song just gives me LIFE!

Soulscribe, I can't wait for you to join the Lana stans tbh. She is perfect. The part in "Without You" where she's like:

We were 2 kids just trying to get out
Lived on the dark side
Of the American dream
We would dance all night
Play our music loud
When we grew up
Nothing was what it seemed

Omg. Just perfection. God bless her.

Does she write all her lyrics? If so she's an incredible songwriter.

Just this chorus:

Every now and then, the stars align
Boy and girl meet by the great design
Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones?

Everybody told me love was blind
Then I saw your face and you blew my mind
Finally, you and me are the lucky ones this time.

So simple and earnest, but so powerful. I have such a connection to that song, along with Ride, American, Blue Velvet and Summertime Sadness. Only one and a half official albums and her discography has such an untouchable sheen to it. There are literally only a couple of bad songs between both releases (Yayo and maybe like 1 more... hell, Yayo might grow on me too) but the rest are fully realized pieces of work. I've inducted her into the "adopted niche" category of faves now *.*

I guess I didn't think that she had such a handle on her artistry or vision, or rather I didn't take whatever artistry or vision she had seriously. But now I know better. She's the real fucking deal.

Now give me a follow-up to Paradise please. Kthx

p4869.jpg

I thought Kesha wasn't touring?

The poster makes it sound like she's touring for one night. But it's the best one of her life!!

cory64

I've a feeling Modern Vampires is a grower.

But Trouble Will Find Me is out next week and it will snaTch entire existences.

Kyon

Banned
Death @ more tour receipts and IRISH TIMES? Bye

Where is Grown Woman and where is anything for the new era?

EDIT: Guess my post is basically a RIHpeat

Yas.

Cling to the tour receipts!

Not like your fave has any new music out.

Tour receipts are relevant to Bey stans because Beyonce's a performer first and foremost. Just like Rih stans obsess over iTunes charts because she releases songs so that they chart well. lol

... And WHEN Bey actually releases that music (hnnnggg) the Beyhive will actually be busy listening to it instead of running their mouths about iTunes updates that no one in the real world gives two shits about. Bye

Koodo

Banned
There are literally only a couple of bad songs between both releases (Yayo and maybe like 1 more... hell, Yayo might grow on me too) but the rest are fully realized pieces of work.
Seek out the original version of Yayo, which appeared in the Lizzy Grant EP.

It is devoid of flaws. The Paradise version was such a perplexing defilement.

Majmun

#NVAY stanning for chart position instead of music and talent is a bit worrying.

Rihanna's next tour should be just one huge powerpint presentation where she talks about her #1's tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's not exactly pop per se but since some of you do listen to music that hasn't been #1 or isn't 'sung' by preteen boys, Colin Stetson has a new album out, New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light.

5976e255.jpg

Give it a listen, it shits.

Aguila

#ICONIC
But when is
image.php
going to release her next pop masterpiece, You're Not The One?

The live version of the song has been floating around for awhile, but Ferreira says the final mix, helmed by &#8220;Everything Is Embarrassing&#8221;/all the best pop songs of the last few years producer Ariel Rechtshaid, is &#8220;super poppy.&#8221; (This is great news for those of us who actually didn&#8217;t mind the &#8220;One&#8221; era all that much.) &#8220;The production is super-inspired by Low by David Bowie,&#8221; Ferreira said. &#8220;I wanted to make a super-poppy version. Like not when you&#8217;re rolling up your car windows because you don&#8217;t want anyone to know you&#8217;re listening to it. Like trying to hide it in your iTunes. Ariel had the idea. People say it sounds like Siouxsie Sioux. I guess the song was originally about a relationship when you&#8217;re not chasing after them. You know they&#8217;re kind of fucked up. It&#8217;s like a game of cat and mouse. They&#8217;re interested but not interested enough and it&#8217;s not fair. That&#8217;s basically what it should be called, &#8216;It&#8217;s Not Fair.&#8217;&#8221; (x)

This is going to slay my SOUL.

ibaGB6OVQZD6An.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The BeyHIV (& Gosling) are so SAD and DESPERATE. CLINGING to TOUR RECEIPTS like their fave is some LEGACY ACT. Well, I guess she is considering she REFUSES to RELEASE any tracks from her forthcoming "album". I mean, when has any of our faves went and performed a song MULTIPLE times LIVE and not had the single up on iTunes? But I guess that makes sense when your whole last album was the textbook defnition of an UNDERPERFORMANCE. So now the BeyHIV have to try to DRAG and SCALP using tour receipts like the pieces of paper that these 'reviews' are posted on are actually worth more than the hairs on their collective anuses. It's really fucking sad. Truly. Especially when it comes to Rihanna, because if I recall correctly, Rihanna is on a WORLD TOUR right now as well, and she's SELLING OUT dates, LEFT, RIGHT, and CENTER. And she's actually playing STADIUMS. When will Bey on the 'mrs please buy the tickets to my tour to hear music from my album that didn't have any top 10 singles'?

It seems funny to cling to tour reviews as receipts when for as bad as Rih's shows are, she is having NO ISSUE selling them ouT. So what does a piece of paper mean when they're both selling out on their tour? While you ponder a response, I'll actually be listening to some music that has been released in the last twelve months. When will the BeyHIV be able to say that they can buy a new song from her new album on iTunes? I'm starting to really think that Beyonce having a fifth-grade education is starting to wear off on her stans. They're losing their fucking shit and are so bothered that Rih is SMASHING.

#POORTHEM

#NVAY stanning for chart position instead of music and talent is a bit worrying.

Rihanna's next tour should be just one huge powerpint presentation where she talks about her #1's tbh.

She could have utilized Powerpoint during her Loud Tour to put some actual transitions between songs <_<

@ Kookoo: I'll look out for that version. The one on Paradise is dire.

The BeyHIV (& Gosling) are so SAD and DESPERATE. CLINGING to TOUR RECEIPTS like their fave is some LEGACY ACT. Well, I guess she is considering she REFUSES to RELEASE any tracks from her forthcoming "album". I mean, when has any of our faves went and performed a song MULTIPLE times LIVE and not had the single up on iTunes? But I guess that makes sense when your whole last album was the textbook defnition of an UNDERPERFORMANCE. So now the BeyHIV have to try to DRAG and SCALP using tour receipts like the pieces of paper that these 'reviews' are posted on are actually worth more than the hairs on their collective anuses. It's really fucking sad. Truly. Especially when it comes to Rihanna, because if I recall correctly, Rihanna is on a WORLD TOUR right now as well, and she's SELLING OUT dates, LEFT, RIGHT, and CENTER. And she's actually playing STADIUMS. When will Bey on the 'mrs please buy the tickets to my tour to hear music from my album that didn't have any top 10 singles'?

It seems funny to cling to tour reviews as receipts when for as bad as Rih's shows are, she is having NO ISSUE selling them ouT. So what does a piece of paper mean when they're both selling out on their tour? While you ponder a response, I'll actually be listening to some music that has been released in the last twelve months. When will the BeyHIV be able to say that they can buy a new song from her new album on iTunes? I'm starting to really think that Beyonce having a fifth-grade education is starting to wear off on her stans. They're losing their fucking shit and are so bothered that Rih is SMASHING.

#POORTHEM

Bolded the only takeaway from this post. Bottom line is you stan for someone who's bad at being an entertainer (ie her job) and you obviously know it. What's it like being the only Def Jam employee that's not on their payroll?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I knew that post wasn't worth my time. The BeyHIV and their fifth-grade education fail to see the POINT of it.

Really sad.

Congrats on her getting good tour reviews. Hopefully you have fun reading tour reviews while my fave actually puts music out.

Trigger

#POORTHEM

irUYuAwz6DDhA.gif

Bladenic

#POORTHEM

Sis

tumblr_mmjwizM3cS1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't get how 'your fave may be the best performer in pop but at least I can buy my fave's tracks on iTunes' is supposed to be a drag. Congrats on your fave having a punctual release schedule, I guess?

cory64

My main problem with the MCSWT is that she sold it on the promise of a new album. And the recycloncé. She's a great performer, she just doesn't have the extra level of cultural transcendence in her performances that Madonna or Gaga have.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sexiest Songstress - Bey
Sexiest Bikini Body - Rih

Do the Ctrl + Cé fans even bother trying anymore? They're both on the What is Sexy list.

And not them basically admitting Bey is cute for a pop star, but Rih is much prettier since it wasn't 'sexiest bikini body songstress' but simply 'sexiest bikini body'.

My faves overall mainstream appeal

16llef6-jpg.gif

royalan

I'm sorry but...

Whose really fucking surprised that Bey is a good performer at this point? She's been performing the same material for years.

Beep Me 911 when she actually takes a risk or does a good job performing something interesting, and not just a rehash of basic choreography set to her proclamations of being a diva/survivor/independent woman/grown woman. Meanwhile, more interesting performers who take risks and live by their own creative juices continue to outsell and out-relevant her but don't get the recognition they deserve because they didn't sacrifice their pussies to Mr. Joe Camel and have his demon spawn.

Overrated pretender to the thrown.

Majmun

No new music and still winning in the songstress category. Such a class act.

Maybe Rih will win next year when she releases the 964th single from her 6832th album.
ifwbirCZHIAvS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom