• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
No new music and still winning in the songstress category. Such a class act.

Maybe Rih will win next year when she releases the 964th single from her 6832th album.
ifwbirCZHIAvS.gif

How sad to stan for someone where you have to use 'no new music but still slaying' as a way to prop up your artist. How sad to stan for an artist that can't do their main job, which is getting in the studio and putting an album out. The absolute level of delusion to defend it is truly bewildering.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Tour money is a major goal of being a pop star, don't be silly DMJ.

I agree, but the HIV is not talking about tour money they're talking about reviews. Tour money is quite important, and lots of pop girls are slaying the Billboard Box Score with their tour receipts. I just think it's sad when all a stanbase can talk about are tour reviews and not actual music.

Aguila

#ICONIC
#7, #69, #99
#3 or 4 overall

Swinging over your faves

it16SxULRf4wl.gif

Plus Interscope might finally be sending it to radio if this is any indication: http://playiga.com/top40/

I hope it finds success on radio. I will probably explode when I finally hear her voice on it.

SLAY ;______________________________________________________________;

royalan

I agree, but the HIV is not talking about tour money they're talking about reviews. Tour money is quite important, and lots of pop girls are slaying the Billboard Box Score with their tour receipts. I just think it's sad when all a stanbase can talk about are tour reviews and not actual music.

Well, based on the Afro-Caribbean teas the tracks we've heard have...it's quite obvious this will be her Rihanna Appreciation album.

Majmun

I don't think you know what being a stan is.

Remember when the #NVAY (including yourself) even stanned for Rih's $83.000.000 costing sinkhole that is called Battleship.

ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lose Yourself To Dance, Get Lucky and Giorgio

C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon
C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon
iblZwynimP9dsy.gif

Koodo

Banned
TOUCH is an insane track. It starts with a devilish sci-fi monologue before moving into disco synths which then transform into a gospel chant that lead into a synth-heavy sci-fi mesh with flourishes and a choir, culminating in a short a cappella.

I LIVED.

I'm sorry but...

Whose really fucking surprised that Bey is a good performer at this point? She's been performing the same material for years.

Beep Me 911 when she actually takes a risk or does a good job performing something interesting, and not just a rehash of basic choreography set to her proclamations of being a diva/survivor/independent woman/grown woman. Meanwhile, more interesting performers who take risks and live by their own creative juices continue to outsell and out-relevant her but don't get the recognition they deserve because they didn't sacrifice their pussies to Mr. Joe Camel and have his demon spawn.

Overrated pretender to the thrown.

How is the Lotus Tour doing?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well, based on the Afro-Caribbean teas the tracks we've heard have...it's quite obvious this will be her Rihanna Appreciation album.

Really? What we've heard so far sounds nothing like anything Rihanna's ever done (no shade to Rih). Your delusion clearly knows no limits.

How is the Lotus Tour doing?

The thing is, based on the performances we've seen from Xtina recently, I can't imagine anyone would want to go see the Lotus tour even if there were one.

Excluding the stans who have been rendered deaf from her oversung albumnal honkings, of course.

cory64

The National's This Is The Last Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taylor's The Last Time
tbh I would live for Taylor if she took a few years off and came back with a more National sound.

Koodo

Banned
The thing is, based on the performances we've seen from Xtina recently, I can't imagine anyone would want to go see the Lotus tour even if there were one.

Excluding the stans who have been rendered deaf from her oversung albumnal honkings, of course.
Recently? The Back To Basics Tour was festering shit. An over-indulgent display of strained vocals, sashaying in lieu of choreography, and the spitting image of bankruptcy in the form of staging. Rihanus performs like an ADONIS compared to that tragedy.

I've only recently started getting into Beyoncé's live oeuvre, but she is divine even with the frequent recycling. The razor-sharp execution of dance and vocals in perfect harmony is just too much for any lacefront.

Koodo

Banned
Fragments Of Time was the first song on the album I can classify as a total flop. Yuck.

Doin' It Right is starting and I'm already crying.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I might have to listen to RAM again but nothing jumped out at me.

Modern Vampires of the City and New History Warfare Vol. 3 made today an incredible day for music regardless though.

Majmun

I'm sure somewhere in this world Xtina gets chills on her back each time Koodo drags her

Recently? The Back To Basics Tour was festering shit. An over-indulgent display of strained vocals, sashaying in lieu of choreography, and the spitting image of bankruptcy in the form of staging. Rihanus performs like an ADONIS compared to that tragedy.

I mean...DAYUM
iNeKZvN2ale5k.gif

SaintZ

Rihanna for River Island Summer Collection.

The video is really awkward. It has some gems, like:

Rihanna on why she decided to get into fashion design:

"I just wanted stuff that I wanted to wear because at the end of the day that's what got me into designing — seeing things on the rack that were great, but that could have been a little more me ... Maybe they could have been a little longer or shorter, or have a little more sex appeal or a little less. I wanted to make clothes for fat days; stuff that I want to wear. I was being selfish. Hopefully, my friends and people who shop at River Island will have the same taste."

Oh Rih.

Delio

OMG Contact. What a way to end the album. Overall I love it. Need to listen to it a few more times but Contact,Within,Doin it right,Beyond,Touch,Instant Crush and The game of love are my fav tracks so far.

botty

Banned
ALL stan wars in POPGAF eventually end up in Xtina bashing lol

If the pop girls were the universe then Xtina is the sun, and the other girls are revolving around her.
c3ed7b23.gif

Britney is Mars ... empty, barren and gives hints that life once existed their.
c3ed7b23.gif

Rihanna is the earth because she is the only relevant one.
c3ed7b23.gif

And I guess that would make beyonce the moon.... pale, cratered, and local.
c3ed7b23.gif

Majmun

If the pop girls were the universe then Xtina is the sun, and the other girls are revolving around her.
c3ed7b23.gif

Britney is Mars ... empty, barren and gives hints that life once existed their.
c3ed7b23.gif

Rihanna is the earth because she is the only relevant one.
c3ed7b23.gif

And I guess that would make beyonce the moon.... pale, cratered, and local.
c3ed7b23.gif

Xtina is definitely a sun when using astronomy as analogy.
iV8usLvuVH697.gif

Koodo

Banned
I want to buy the whole of RAM just for Contact. The last time an album ender slayed me this hard was The Edge Of Glory in Born This Way.

This is how all albums should end. PUNCHING TO THE VERY LAST SECOND.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rihanna for River Island Summer Collection.

The video is really awkward. It has some gems, like:

Rihanna on why she decided to get into fashion design:

"I just wanted stuff that I wanted to wear because at the end of the day that's what got me into designing — seeing things on the rack that were great, but that could have been a little more me ... Maybe they could have been a little longer or shorter, or have a little more sex appeal or a little less. I wanted to make clothes for fat days; stuff that I want to wear. I was being selfish. Hopefully, my friends and people who shop at River Island will have the same taste."

Oh Rih.

I wont lie, I want something like this for guys http://youtu.be/_975nwp8UQM?t=1m41s

Delio

I want to buy the whole of RAM just for Contact. The last time an album ender slayed me this hard was The Edge Of Glory in Born This Way.

This is how all albums should end. PUNCHING TO THE VERY LAST SECOND.

Indeed. I get tired of very quiet ends.

All this post reminds me of is the fact that #NVAVVYN spends all its time talking about incremental radio updates and iTunes charts rather than the music itself. Don't check for us before you check yourself first. Second and I have stanned for our fave in an actually legitimate way (i.e. discussing music like 4, her performances, etc.) because the bottom line with us is what the music sounds like, in-studio and live. And since we don't have much to discuss in way of studio music, we discuss her slayage on the stage. Perhaps the difference between Beyhive and #NVAYYVN is that Beyonce's fans actually seem invested in her craft and talent while Rihanna's fans seem to spend more of their time refreshing iTunes charts (and misspelling things) than showing any confidence in their faves' talent. I laughed at "Rihanna's shows are bad" because it tells me everything about #NVANNAYYVYY's taste level. let me SKIP

ALL stan wars in POPGAF eventually end up in Xtina bashing lol

Truly a beacon of peace. Bless ha bleached locks. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom