• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna for River Island Summer Collection.

The video is really awkward. It has some gems, like:

Rihanna on why she decided to get into fashion design:

"I just wanted stuff that I wanted to wear because at the end of the day that's what got me into designing — seeing things on the rack that were great, but that could have been a little more me ... Maybe they could have been a little longer or shorter, or have a little more sex appeal or a little less. I wanted to make clothes for fat days; stuff that I want to wear. I was being selfish. Hopefully, my friends and people who shop at River Island will have the same taste."

Oh Rih.

My fave and her expanding empire. Rih for Rihver island Summer should clock and sell out as effortlessly as her previous collection did.

All this post reminds me of is the fact that #NVAVVYN spends all its time talking about incremental radio updates and iTunes charts rather than the music itself. Don't check for us before you check yourself first. Second and I have stanned for our fave in an actually legitimate way (i.e. discussing music like 4, her performances, etc.) because the bottom line with us is what the music sounds like, in-studio and live. And since we don't have much to discuss in way of studio music, we discuss her slayage on the stage. Perhaps the difference between Beyhive and #NVAYYVN is that Beyonce's fans actually seem invested in her craft and talent while Rihanna's fans seem to spend more of their time refreshing iTunes charts (and misspelling things) than showing any confidence in their faves' talent. I laughed at "Rihanna's shows are bad" because it tells me everything about #NVANNAYYVYY's taste level. let me SKIP

You are such a flop.

Do you read this thread? After Nem complained about this weeks ago, the NAVY has abstained from clocking the iTunes and radio tea. I've posted about "Stay" going #1 on Radio, and Unapologetic going plat, and itz posted about "Pour it Up" going plat, but aside from that, there has been very little from the NAVY on that front.

Actually if you looked, the lambs and the LDR stans are doing that currently. But of course you won't come for them since only Rih draws your ire. You're so bothered by her it's sad.

And, me conceding that Rih isn't a good performer doesn't mean I believe that, it means it's not worth arguing since if someone thinks something that subjective trying to change their mind is an excersize in futility.

Bladenic

All this post reminds me of is the fact that #NVAVVYN spends all its time talking about incremental radio updates and iTunes charts rather than the music itself. Don't check for us before you check yourself first. Second and I have stanned for our fave in an actually legitimate way (i.e. discussing music like 4, her performances, etc.) because the bottom line with us is what the music sounds like, in-studio and live. And since we don't have much to discuss in way of studio music, we discuss her slayage on the stage. Perhaps the difference between Beyhive and #NVAYYVN is that Beyonce's fans actually seem invested in her craft and talent while Rihanna's fans seem to spend more of their time refreshing iTunes charts (and misspelling things) than showing any confidence in their faves' talent. I laughed at "Rihanna's shows are bad" because it tells me everything about #NVANNAYYVYY's taste level. let me SKIP

Truly a beacon of peace. Bless ha bleached locks. <3

Every stan base has their thing they talk about the most regarding their fave. The BeyHive have her live performances, Navy have the charts, Britney and Xtina have the past (one more so than the other), Little Munsters have her advocacy, etc.

royalan

Recently? The Back To Basics Tour was festering shit. An over-indulgent display of strained vocals, sashaying in lieu of choreography, and the spitting image of bankruptcy in the form of staging. Rihanus performs like an ADONIS compared to that tragedy.

I've only recently started getting into Beyoncé's live oeuvre, but she is divine even with the frequent recycling. The razor-sharp execution of dance and vocals in perfect harmony is just too much for any lacefront.

Excuse you?

Without the Back to Basics Tour your fave would have been THEMELESS for one of her tours.

Not to mention BTB Tour was chock full of unique arrangements of her songs and authentic moments from the Diva herself. All executed amazingly.

The Mrs. Carter Rehash doesn't have shit on the BTB Tour for the simple fact that Xtina wasn't BASIC enough to spend ENTIRE SONGS ASKING THE AUDIENCE TO SING BACK TO HER. Divine my ass, the cunt is lazy. And, let me reiterate, that entire tour was FRESH.

Beyonce WISHES. No, literally, she WISHES. This is why she has built her entire career picking bits and pieces of other people's greatness like the straw-haired vulure she is.

Every stan base has their thing they talk about the most regarding their fave. The BeyHive have her live performances, Navy have the charts, Britney and Xtina have the past (one more so than the other), Little Munsters have her advocacy, etc.

One of these things is not like the others.

Koodo

Banned
Excuse you?
How can anyone believe your assessment when your first sentence is a bout of delusion?

h7j6OKl.jpg
6aTuHyc.png

Circus themes in 1993 and 2004.

Much like we've spilled in the past, your fave is a terrible and reductive pastiche of prior achievements from greater artists. At least Beyoncé has the decency to execute her theft with quality.

And your fave performed like SHIT. It's cute that you were blind to the haemorrhoid that was her overall presence, but clearly the rest of the world was appalled enough to deny her the opportunity to ever tour again.

Meanwhile, Beyoncé remains at the peak of performing and entertaining patrons even if she's pressing RE-DO. [b o w].

botty

Banned
Excuse you?

Without the Back to Basics Tour your fave would have been THEMELESS for one of her tours.

Not to mention BTB Tour was chock full of unique arrangements of her songs and authentic moments from the Diva herself. All executed amazingly.

The Mrs. Carter Rehash doesn't have shit on the BTB Tour for the simple fact that Xtina wasn't BASIC enough to spend ENTIRE SONGS ASKING THE AUDIENCE TO SING BACK TO HER. Divine my ass, the cunt is lazy. And, let me reiterate, that entire tour was FRESH.

Beyonce WISHES. No, literally, she WISHES. This is why she has built her entire career picking bits and pieces of other people's greatness like the straw-haired vulure she is.

scalding.
nyevj7l.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Colin Stetson album is really great. The whole New History Warfare series is.

iRSG1FuzyqjqE.gif

Yep. I think 2 is the best but 3 is shitting hard so far.
How can anyone believe your assessment when your first sentence is a bout of delusion?

h7j6OKl.jpg
6aTuHyc.png

Much like we've spilled in the past, your fave is a terrible and reductive pastiche of prior achievements from greater artists. At least Beyoncé has the decency to execute her theft with quality.

And your fave performed like SHIT. It's cute that you were blind to the haemorrhoid that was her overall presence, but clearly the rest of the world was appalled enough to deny her the opportunity to ever tour again.

Meanwhile, Beyoncé remains at the peak of performing and entertaining patrons even if she's pressing RE-DO. [b o w].

iQIPp9Aldh3Km.gif

Every time I think of dragging Xtina I'm reminded why I should leave it to you.

Excuse you?

I hope you know that the BTB Tour DVD was largely pre-recorded, which is why she barely ever extends the mic to the audience. But yeah, Christina doesn't usually do that anyway. Bey does that a LOT and it's because her choreo is pretty taxing, whereas Christina's isn't at all. Beyonce's vocals are pretty damn durable (not quite as much as Christina's but it's a close second) so if she has to resort to extending the microphone out during some songs it's because she's really fucking tired. She works it out though.

I have a cavalcade of issues with the B2B tour however, mostly in the execution of the arrangements and the choreographies and placing. One of her major weakpoints is that she doesn't seem to authenticate any real stage presence during her show, and there's never any slowdown in between sets which sounds impressive on paper, but when executed the show comes off frantic and oddly-paced. There's never a time for her and the audience to breathe and take it all in. The impression you get when watching it is that the show is hurrying up so it can finish, and you can see that energy from Christina herself. Half-hearted addresses to the audience, faster-paced arrangements, etc. It's not as inviting a show, if that makes sense.

She still slays during it, but even in its moments of brilliance there's never a moment that outshines Beyonce's shows at any point when the latter is even on the stage.

royalan

h7j6OKl.jpg
6aTuHyc.png

My delusion? Pot meet kettle.

BTB Tour opened to good reviews, was one of the highest grossing tours of the year, and was in such demand that they added extra dates...dates she unfortunately had to cancel not due to lack of demand, but because she got pregnant by HER husband and not somebody else's...unlike your fave.

Koodo

Banned
Bey does that a LOT and it's because her choreo is pretty taxing, whereas Christina's isn't at all. Beyonce's vocals are pretty damn durable (not quite as much as Christina's but it's a close second) so if she has to resort to extending the microphone out during some songs it's because she's really fucking tired. She works it out though.
From what I've seen, Beyoncé hardly extends the microphone as a crutch for spotty vocals, but as a tactic to further electrify the audience.

Her performance of Grown Woman at the Mrs. Carter Show is simply hypnotizing in the way she forces your complete attention up until the very end, after which you're left realizing that every follicle has fled your scalp. It's the way she seems completely alert and in-control of every movement and decibel that comes out of her mouth, and the way the stare she gives to the overall audience as if it was a single entity never breaks even for one second.

I give a slight edge to Gaga because her commitment to theatricality can result in sheer poetry, but in terms of raw performance, Beyoncé is at the summit and certainly not a nodule-infested, lethargic, demand-deficient drunkard has ever scratched or will ever scratch an inch of the base of those standards.

I spot a lie.
Don't act like I haven't caught you pressing woot on her live performances in the plug room.

isVmt7QYO5oft.gif

botty

Banned
oop @ the Homewreckney tea.

iOK7JBgEX60th.gif

I've caught you pressing woot on her live performances in the plug room.

Oh, you said beyonce was a the peak. But I think Gaga is more entertaining. I'm certain the pungent smell of bleach was the reason behind that mistake, though.

ibyrIVLPnvu8yv.gif

botty

Banned
Hun there is no tea. I debunked these lies and fallacies months ago when someone here tried it

And if this were an alternate universe and she did it I'd be the one dragging her right now

Oh, yeah. I need to re-read that post, I forgot exactly what it said, but I remember you clearing it up.

From what I've seen, Beyoncé hardly extends the microphone as a crutch for spotty vocals, but as a tactic to further electrify the audience.

Her performance of Grown Woman at the Mrs. Carter Show is simply hypnotizing in the way she forces your complete attention up until the very end, after which you're left realizing that every follicle has fled your scalp. It's the way she seems completely alert and in-control of every movement and decibel that comes out of her mouth, and the way the stare she gives to the overall audience as if it was a single entity never breaks even for one second.

I give a slight edge to Gaga because her commitment to theatricality can result in sheer poetry, but in terms of raw performance, Beyoncé is at the summit and certainly not a nodule-infested, lethargic, demand-deficient drunkard has ever scratched or will ever scratch an inch of the base of those standards.

Don't act like I haven't caught you pressing woot on her live performances in the plug room.

isVmt7QYO5oft.gif

Agreed on all counts.

botty

Banned
...which album is their primary focus when choosing songs?

Good point.

iSOlPZtVNHDjl.gif

But let's just say they are going to perform your favorite song by them...

and this is where Lady Gaga trumps Beyoka. Beyoka will just do something unoriginal, while Gaga will most likely deliver something new and refreshing.

Gaga, if she's guaranteed to slay it. Beyonce's guaranteed to kill a performance but Gaga's more inconsistent. However if Gaga pulls all the stops then not even Beyonce can touch her.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Lies.

Janelle Monae clocked Beyonce completely an era ago.

I dare Godel to call me a liar.

I preferred Janelle Monaesus, yes, but it's not like there's some enormous gulf between them. I would put Björk in the same league in terms of female pop performers too (from those I've seen). As live performers they are simply on a different plane to the lessers.

I'm probably being dense, but what do you mean? I'm sure you're shading but still.

Every stan base has their thing they talk about the most regarding their fave.
The BeyHive have her live performances, - Music
Navy have the charts, - Music
Britney and Xtina have the past (one more so than the other), - Music
Little Munsters have her advocacy, etc. - Not Music

iVibVvHVhOZg6.gif

Gaga, if she's guaranteed to slay it. Beyonce's guaranteed to kill a performance but Gaga's more inconsistent. However if Gaga pulls all the stops then not even Beyonce can touch her.
inpzFfg6bU5pR.gif

Mumei

Actually if you looked, the lambs and the LDR stans are doing that currently. But of course you won't come for them since only Rih draws your ire. You're so bothered by her it's sad.

Well, this isn't strictly true. I'm pretty sure Mariah's whispering makes him break out in hives. I'm sure he's only not dragging me because it still confuses him to see me engaging in it.

Edit: And girl bye at 'scribe thinking Gaga can touch Beyoncétan.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This Daft Punk album is like SimCity music

I'm only 4 tracks in though

ediT: of course the album decides to start shitting on track 5 after i post this

God this!
Going through the album now and it's positively yawn inducing.
Track five is a bit of a step up but it's nothing special

Peru

Daft Punk album is an endless treasure chest.

If you didn't like Discovery you won't find any joy here, though. But it's so gorgeous from start to finish.

botty

Banned
Edit: And girl bye at 'scribe thinking Gaga can touch Beyoncétan.

After a while people get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. But you only care about vocals so I can see why you would lean towards the light side.

God this!
Going through the album now and it's positively yawn inducing.
Track five is a bit of a step up but it's nothing special

I thought track 1 was a never ending song, because I didn't realize I had it on repeat. It's such a bland beginning.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I thought track 1 was a never ending song, because I didn't realize I had it on repeat. It's such a bland beginning.

Kiii, I did the same thing the other day
Lose yourself to dance is cute and making me tap my feet, but I can't see it holding up on repeat listens though

also Gaga>bey for live shows for me
Beyonce may be the better performer technically, but the whole feeling that Gaga creates trumps ha

DMeisterJ

Banned
TMZ said:
Diddy's gonna be pissed -- TMZ has learned, Danity Kane (the band he created and later destroyed) is reuniting ... without his blessing.

Four original members of the group -- Aubrey O'Day, Shannon Bex, Dawn Richard, and Aundrea Fimbres -- grabbed lunch today in L.A. with a new manager to discuss the reunion ... and sources tell TMZ, it's definitely happening. We're told they plan to record and tour.

We asked the girls if Diddy was involved this time around ... their response -- "Who's that?"

You'll recall, Diddy created the group back in 2005 during "Making the Band 3" and later signed them to Bad Boy Records. In 2009, Diddy fired the entire group (with the exception of Dawn Richard).

It's unclear who really owns the name "Danity Kane" -- but we're told the girls are going to use it regardless. Translation: you can expect a nasty legal battle.

As for why Diddy eventually gave the group the chop -- there have been all kinds of rumors ... but we're told the girls felt Diddy was screwing them big-time in the money department.

We called Diddy's people -- so far ... no response.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/13/danit...ether-diddy-video-damaged-song/#ixzz2TDdp5Gyl
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

x

I CANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Not them leaving that cunt D.Woods out of it since no one cared about her anyway
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Matt_

TO me whenever Gaga performs it's as if she gives those performances a story that comes to life
Both her tours had some sort or narrative that elevated the music from a live rendition to something extra. It's like she manages to take her outlandish personality and manages to channel it in a way that just fascinates me

No shade at Beyonce though, without a doubt she is one of the top performers of our time
I've watched her Glastonbury set and Superbowl performance countless times , but she doesn't quite capture the whole feel for things as well as Gaga does. I'd even go as far to say that Gaga's Glastonbury set is better than B's because of her theatrics in spite of the fact it was at the very beginning of her career

Either way, I'd put Bey, Gaga and Madonna on a tier well above all the other girls
and anyone else for that matter
when it comes to live shows. The three of them are just unmatched.

botty

Banned
Diddy must be calling every producer he let sleep with cassie to try and blacklist them

52b0f867.gif

This is probably going to be a indie album.

Matt_

I'm completely uneducated in the subject of Danity Kane, but I'm here for more Dawn Richards tbh

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why are they leaving out D. Woods!? Because she had better vocals than Dawn? That has to be it. ;___;

Don't ruin this moment with your Dawn shade, sorry, but D.Woods wishes she was half the singer that Dawn was. That's why she didn't like her, she knew she'd always be in her shadow.

!+|€~*|€|!?!;&:!&;;!GNSIFNEINSAINDOSGDUSGEDUHAHDIFNEKFBEJXBSKSBD);$:)!:9:!;93!:8;!:

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

#icanTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I was just listening to some DK this weekend, what kind of blessed announcemenT?

Diddy must be calling every producer he let sleep with cassie to try and blacklist them

52b0f867.gif

This is probably going to be a indie album.

I know he will be seething when they're back to clock like they already were. If this is done right, they could actually slay unlike when they were with Bad Boy where hit albums or singles literally never happen.

botty

Banned
I'm completely uneducated in the subject of Danity Kane, but I'm here for more Dawn Richards tbh

Oh... this is a good point, guys. Aubrey and Dawn make completely different music. Are we sure they can meet eye-to-eye on anything? They are birth top diva cunts.

royalan

Don't ruin this moment with your Dawn shade, sorry, but D.Woods wishes she was half the singer that Dawn was. That's why she didn't like her, she knew she'd always be in her shadow.

#icanTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I was just listening to some DK this weekend, what kind of blessed announcemenT?

I know he will be seething when they're back to clock like they already were. If this is done right, they could actually slay unlike when they were with Bad Boy where hit albums or singles literally never happen.

You're right.

Sometimes shade must be put aside to celebrate a blessed event such as this.

Forgive me sis. I'm just overwhelmed....;____;

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh, and while your fave was busy sleeping, mine was busy adding MORE dates to her WORLD TOUR. Looks like there is going to be another (smaller) North American leg that combines the two make up dates with three newly announced dates (with more to come?). She's also announced a date in Abu Dhabi

Middle East

Oct 19 | Abu Dhabi, UAE - du Arena

North America

Nov 9 | Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
Nov 11 | Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Nov 12 | Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov 14 | Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Nov 15 | New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena

Her tour being so in demand by her fans that they keep on adding dates
52b0f867.gif

Oh... this is a good point, guys. Aubrey and Dawn make completely different music. Are we sure they can meet eye-to-eye on anything? They are birth top diva cunts.

Remember Aubrey Instagramming a pic of her and Dawn working on music together? I think they've gotten over it and are seeing eye to eye. Hopefully it'll be a 'grown woman' version of what they were selling in 2008. "Ecstasy" or "Sleep on It" part II would slay me

You're right.

Sometimes shade must be put aside to celebrate a blessed event such as this.

Forgive me sis. I'm just overwhelmed....;____;

It's okay. LIVE IN THIS MOMENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom