• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO me whenever Gaga performs it's as if she gives those performances a story that comes to life
Both her tours had some sort or narrative that elevated the music from a live rendition to something extra. It's like she manages to take her outlandish personality and manages to channel it in a way that just fascinates me

Like a play?

cory64

Oh, and while your fave was busy sleeping, mine was busy adding MORE dates to her WORLD TOUR. Looks like there is going to be another (smaller) North American leg that combines the two make up dates with three newly announced dates (with more to come?). She's also announced a date in Abu Dhabi

Middle East

Oct 19 | Abu Dhabi, UAE - du Arena

North America

Nov 9 | Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
Nov 11 | Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Nov 12 | Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov 14 | Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Nov 15 | New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena

Doing shows during her album week means we're probably just getting a RiRiLease.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Like a play?

Yeh kinda, more like a musical I guess. Which is strange because I despise musicals
I'm guessing it's because of what she learnt at NYU

I'm not saying it's an exclusive thing that she does, but she's definitely the one that has captured my attention. I just find it more interesting than splitting a show into sections that have themed clothes and visuals and then not taking it any further

edit; Just got to the end of RAM and Contact is dragging the rest of the album through the dirt and back to the home for the elderly and infirm.
Where was this energy throughout the rest of the album? It is fucking SLAYING
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

I'm not saying it's an exclusive thing that she does, but she's definitely the one that has captured my attention. I just find it more interesting than splitting a show into sections that have themed clothes and visuals and then not taking it any further
It takes all kinds I guess. I'd prefer everyone just focus on actually singing or playing an instrument, eschewing all the theatrics. I appreciate an Adele more than the other girls cause she'll stand her big behind right there and sing her face off.

Bladenic

It takes all kinds I guess. I'd prefer everyone just focus on actually singing or playing an instrument, eschewing all the theatrics. I appreciate an Adele more than the other girls cause she'll stand her big behind right there and sing her face off.

You like Adele? Or do you just mean the Adele type of singer who just sings and doesn't do much of anything else?

Nemesis_

Don't you stan Madonna and Rihanna though

Nemesis_

Don't you stan for Gaga? We all like a little trash from time to time. Some of us exclusively.

YesI do stan for Gaga, strawmen aside, but I'm not the one pretending that all I care about is the music and the music only (and using your "criteria", Gaga plays a wealth of instruments during her shows and on her albums).

Obviously you're allowed to like whatever you want, but I think it's pretty myopic to pretend that you're only here for "Adele-like" acts who are more about singing and instrument playing and then stan for two acts who are reknowned for either.

Koodo

Banned
Hilary Duff might be in contention as a judge for X-Factor USA:

Simon Cowell has completed his shortlist for a new dream team of “X Factor” judges, a source tells Confidenti@l. The tight T-shirted television titan, who is in New York Monday to attend the Fox network’s upfronts, is in the final stages of choosing a new panel with his producers.

Cowell’s list is complete just days after The News reported he had instructed his underlings to not seek out big-name artists and to instead focus on chemistry between the judges.

Cowell is focused on Faith Hill, Hilary Duff, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Kelly Rowland and Latina firecracker Paulina Rubio. Pop queen Demi Lovato has already re-signed, as did host Mario Lopez.
Source

wA6Cvmf.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

Cynosure

BOTTTYYYYYYY

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

are you referring to this?

Aguilera has signed her contract to return to the NBC talent competition, the individual said. NBC could not immediately be reached for comment. The network held its upfront presentation for advertisers in New York on Monday, but did not announce any new coaches. The pop diva will be paid $17 million, about the same salary she made for Season 3, which makes her one of the highest paid women on reality TV. The insider said Aguilera's return has been kept under wraps for a couple of months.

Mariah Carey currently makes a reported $18 million on Fox's "American Idol" and Britney Spears made a reported $15 million on "The X Factor."

source

IOmes.gif

tumblr_m6ph4mtWUx1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

hilary-duff.jpg

Which one ya'll girls prefer?

I hope she gets the spot - she's very well-spoken and opinionated in interviews. Like Demi, she seems 100% genuine. Britney was such a drag last season and sullied the whole affair.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pop Queen != Queen of Pop

Semantics.

The point is an article can post anything without it having a shred of truth, and clinging to it like it's some actual title or to drag others is stupid.

And even if Pop Queen != Queen of Pop, Demi hasn't done enough (or anything rather) to be referred to as that either.

----

Important news is that Hilary Duff may be back on TV ;_;

Bladenic

hilary-duff.jpg

I hope she gets the spot - she's very well-spoken and opinionated in interviews. Like Demi, she seems 100% genuine. Britney was such a drag last season and sullied the whole affair.

Brunette Hilary looks best IMO, but she's gorgeous regardless.

Hilary Duff would get me interested in X Factor again.

Then, I would tune out because the talent would most likely suck like it has been for the past two seasons. :x

Obviously you're allowed to like whatever you want, but I think it's pretty myopic to pretend that you're only here for "Adele-like" acts who are more about singing and instrument playing and then stan for two acts who are reknowned for either.

Girl is it that time of the month again? Nowhere did i say i was only here for anything. I stated a preference and what I appreciated more. I obviously can appreciate what Madonna and Rihanna bring to their respective tables. But let's not get take that to mean I would shell out my coins to see either perform in a live setting. I don't know why I let your cantankerous ass draw me into these nihilistic conversations. Please don't come for me unless I send for you.

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

Koodo

Banned
hilary-duff.jpg

B with the hair of C.

I wish Simon would give up his seat on the panel and stay behind the scenes, his judging has been so insincere and generic on the show. What a letdown after his tenure on Idol and XF UK.

botty

Banned
Paulina Rubio, Kelly Rowland, and Neyo are also rumored to be on xfactor. We will find out next week at the latest

I think the only real threat to Hilary is Ne-Yo, who has been in talks for months, but has been really walking around speaking on it when asked about it.

But that would mean 3 guys would be on the panel, which is a bit much.

Nemesis_

^
90210 SERIES FINALE is on rn ;_;

#RIP I still need to resume my viewings. I've not even made it past five episodes, poor AnnaLynne can't even hold my attention.

I hear she takes more of a central role off that basic flop girl as it goes on, so maybe I should keep going.

iCbgUKeXjFIR7.gif

The only good thing I can see coming out of this is that QUEEN MCCORD is now free to do other projects.

Thriving under the harshest conditions.

iPRcvNJ2Rv4C1.gif

Not you finding my GIFt for Koodo.

botty

Banned
Not you finding my GIFt for Koodo.

They popped up in my minus feed

ibmhtXERketdAD.gif

It's bound to happen, I don't think she no longer has any interest in her music career.
she's going back to a job suited best for the irrelevant goat currently seat warming her chair

dxPm5.gif

But she is being so secretive about stuff lately. The twitter name change, that interview about going to japan, and losing weight. Something has to be up. ;_;

LA Reid isn't doing X-Factot anymore

he is trying to busy trying to make Ciara and Avril happen again

So are there two positions open or just one? If there are two, then Ne-Yo is definitely on the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom