• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Reina Lauren Jauregui is unTouchable.

tumblr_mezoqqyB1r1qjzdvgo2_500.gif
YAAAAS Lauren!
She has the edge because she's a Lana stan. I like them all tbh... ok, Ally loses some points because she looks like Shitsinger.

SaintZ

She Wolf: 500k
Sale ol Sel: 300k

what career?

ibpaO4vQ4Uv50R.gif
Wiki says:

She Wolf:
According to Nielsen Soundscan, She Wolf has sold 410,000 copies in the United States and estimated 2 million worldwide.

Sale el Sol:
The album has sold over 288,000 copies in the US, 220,000 in Colombia, another 500,000 copies in France and over 4 million copies worldwide.

VS

Bionic:
To date the album has sold almost 1 million copies worldwide.

Lotus:
Internationally, Lotus was a commercial failure, only reaching the top 20 and top 30 in most countries.
ibdUjWHitiDdFT.gif

I finished listening to Lotus earlier today. It wasn't that bad.

Oh, Bladenic, LOL.

I agree.
They're easily outclassed by DK.
i59iQ4zAeT36u.gif

DK's little "reunion" will make the BSB comeback look like a universe-shaking zeitgeist worthy of nothing less than a five-hour retrospective by Martin Scorsese.

5H is coming to snatch dem Dainty Kunts wigs and you will deal. Dismissed with prejudice.

Bladenic

Hmm, personally out of all these girl band formations I'm most excited for MKS. That Swimming Pools retooling still shits.

It's a shame Little Mix didn't have a bigger impact, or rather, a good album. Wings was soo good too.

Cynosure

You know I would respond more extensively or post some eXtinct numbers from her last two albums, but what's the point when given the delusion? Unlike eXtinct Shakira is STILL global.

But we don't pretend she's currently not a flop.
and as for the goat's global receipts, how much of that is in first world currency?

People outside of the biggest market will buy anything. There is a Paris Hilton brand store in Colombia, and in various parts of the world

why do you think there will never one located in a country fully aware of what a joke she is?

ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

royalan

Hmm, personally out of all these girl band formations I'm most excited for MKS. That Swimming Pools retooling still shits.

It's a shame Little Mix didn't have a bigger impact, or rather, a good album. Wings was soo good too.

I'm conflicted too. ;___; I want MKS to slay.

...but I also want DK to slay...

And vocally they're VERY similar groups...

ikjYFInqMGnUi.gif

Bladenic

But we don't pretend she's currently not a flop.
and as the goat's global receipts, how much of that is in first world currency?

People outside of the biggest market will buy anything. There is a Paris Hilton brand store in Colombia, and in various parts of the world

why do you think there will never one located in a country fully aware of what a joke she is?

ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

I mean I agree that Shakira is a flop in the US, but you already spilled the tea on the fact that all Latinas have been shunned. At least Shaki still sells worldwide (2nd world or otherwise) and tours. But they both have already had successful careers at one point, they can just collect royalty checks at this point.

And not you coming for Botty's fave Paris.

Cynosure

I mean I agree that Shakira is a flop in the US, but you already spilled the tea on the fact that all Latinas have been shunned. At least Shaki still sells worldwide (2nd world or otherwise) and tours. But they both have already had successful careers at one point, they can just collect royalty checks at this point.

I hope the shun is lifted soon ;_;
I here the goat has an album coming out soon, I hope she slays tbh, someone needs to break Xtina and Nelly Furtado's titles as "the last successful Latina" they held since 2006

PbWOO.gif

Nekci Menij Episode 17 -- Butiful Lier

Elicited several screams from me...

had several cackles.
The show has been lacking lately, obviously the Broken Spearit centric episodes fault. Glad it's bounced back.

royalan

Another promising track RUINED by Beyonce's complete and total lack of subtlety or TACT with her vocals.

I swear, ever since "I Am..." she's wields her voice like a goddamn sledgehammer. So damn distracting. The vocal equivalent of Nicolas Cage: unable to fit the part so she just plays herself really obnoxiously.

Beyonce may be better technically now, but at least back in her Dangerously In Love days she put more effort into fitting the production and experimenting with her voice instead of constantly falling back on this "hood" intonation to prove to everyone she's street.

Another promising track RUINED by Beyonce's complete and total lack of subtlety or TACT with her vocals.

I swear, ever since "I Am..." she's wields her voice like a goddamn sledgehammer. So damn distracting. The vocal equivalent of Nicolas Cage: unable to fit the part so she just plays herself really obnoxiously.

Beyonce may be better technically now, but at least back in her Dangerously In Love days she put more effort into fitting the production and experimenting with her voice instead of constantly falling back on this "hood" intonation to prove to everyone she's street.

Oh my God girl, don't set yourself up like this. lol

Bull.

All I gotta do is point to the Burlesque soundtrack to demonstrate Christina's superior ability to mold her voice to suit the mood of a song.

Christina's ballads on that album were horrendous because she can't mold her voice very well. And that's the T. I love my girl but knowing how to adapt and flex her instrument is NOT in her repertoire. She can learn a lot from Beyonce there.

royalan

Christina's ballads on that album were horrendous because she can't mold her voice very well. And that's the T. I love my girl but knowing how to adapt and flex her instrument is NOT in her repertoire. She can learn a lot from Beyonce there.

Beyonce's ballads are wack, which is why "Listen" is still the ONLY signature one she has, and it FLOPPED commercially, and it sounds so much like her actual music and not like what a character modeled after DIANA ROSS would sing that they even went ahead and shamelessly put it on her studio album. THAT'S the tea, sis. Sip iT. Bey's ballads ain't got NOTHING on Xtina's, this is tea you've admitted to before in the past so I don't know why you're faking the funk now.

Besides, when I mentioned the Burlesque soundtrack, I wasn't even thinking of the ballads. I was thinking of this song, and this one. Effortlessly in character. Molded seamlessly to the spirit on the songs.

royalan

Beyoncé is too incapable of not-giving-a-fuck to pull off some of these songs.

Yep. Ain't got the feeling.

Then again, ain'T nobody here for Beyonce pretending like she feels things when we ALL know the only thing she feels is the vasaline on her teeth.

royalan

Why you gotta be sabotagin' and shit? ;__;

She will have her era, and it will be better than yours.

The only glimmer of sadness I will have is from the heartbreak you and Second will experience if this turns out to be true and you poor sistrens have to suffer through another 4 era.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The only glimmer of sadness I will have is from the heartbreak you and Second will experience if this turns out to be true and you poor sistrens have to suffer through another 4 era.
Another best era of their faves careers? The horror.

I can't at the delusion on this page. Xtina is lesser than a stray Jay Z spermatozoa splashed on Beysus' ladygarden. Stahp with the comparisons.

Oh yes a new Lana stan!

Welcome! A ndjust in time for the celebrations!

ibit6EqSUMhRHD.gif

And just as Lana enters the top 10, Avril returns to the top 20. My faves, so proud.

I feel so welcomed
tumblr_mmr7cqR4Hv1rjp14xo1_500.gif

If Beyonce has another kid and keeps singing ballads she'll be chasing her wig for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom