• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

The last BET awards show I watched was when Will and Jada hosted :x

Perched for this Sunday's Billboard Music Awards

There is nothing small about this Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena airing live on ABC at 8 ET hosted by “30 Rock”’s Tracy Morgan. Just consider for a moment the sheer star power of those appearing: living legends like Prince, Madonna and Christina Aguilera; pop superstars like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars; and the next generation of luminaries like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Miguel, the Band Perry and Ed Sheeran, among many others.

Prince, one of the most inspirational and influential musicians of all time, will perform at Sunday’s ceremony and is being honored with Billboard’s prestigious Icon Award. Other performers include Christina Aguilera & Pitbull, Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Miguel, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, the Band Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Chris Brown, Ed Sheeran, Akon, Ne-Yo, David Guetta and Icona Pop.

Madonna will be honored with the Top Touring Artist award, an achievement earned by the worldwide success of her MDNA tour which sold out all of its 88 date run and was 2012's top-grossing tour with $305 million. It's the pop icon's latest chart landmark in a career full of them, including records for Hot 100 top 10 singles (38 of her overall 56 Hot 100 hits) and Dance Club Songs No. 1s (43).
This is the 4th time madonna wins this award. Every tour she's embarked on has become the highest grossing tour of the year; Re-Invention tour 2004 ($125 million) The Confessions Tour 2006 ($194.7 million) The Sticky & Sweet tour ($408 million) and the MDNA tour 2012 ($305 million) all together her tours since 2004 have grossed more than $1.2 billion on ticket sales.

Bieber, Swift and Mars are also vying for the Milestone Award, a fan-driven honor that one voter will get to present at the show alongside Cee Lo Green.

Swift, fun. and Maroon 5 top the finalists at the 2013 awards, with each included in 11 categories. Rihanna competes in 10 categories, including Top Artist against Swift, Maroon 5, Justin Bieber and One Direction, while a pair of younger artists -- Carly Rae Jepsen and 1D themselves -- are finalists in nine and eight categories, respectively.

Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements were tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Entertainment and Next Big Sound.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...oard-music-awards-kick-off-sunday-with-prince

iCd0sXyaWHUyB.gif

3phemeral

The last BET awards show I watched was when Will and Jada hosted :x

Perched for this Sunday's Billboard Music Awards

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...oard-music-awards-kick-off-sunday-with-prince

There is nothing small about this Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena airing live on ABC at 8 ET hosted by “30 Rock”’s Tracy Morgan. Just consider for a moment the sheer star power of those appearing: living legends like Prince, Madonna and Christina Aguilera; pop superstars like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars; and the next generation of luminaries like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Miguel, the Band Perry and Ed Sheeran, among many others.

iCd0sXyaWHUyB.gif
Where are you seeing the quoted?

I took a screencap of your link:

EakMb7u.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
Since St!nk is still successful, wouldn't that make her more legendary than Xtaco?

Or is a legend somebody with a successful past that's distant and long over? This would make Xtaco more of a legend.

royalan

BET has been licking Beyonce's Cajun-fried puakinikini her entire career. Seriously, not even the hater in me talking. They will use ANY reason to give her an award in the hopes she'll attend their events.

They've deliberately misled whole generations of black youth into worshiping Beyoncétan. There is blood and chicken grease on their hands.

Cynosure

this gif never made sense. She looks great there, it was around the time of the neopgaf-infamous orange dress. And as Cory said, she isn't fat anymore, so it still wouldn't have worked

When did you aboard the tryhard anti Legend X ship?
is this Roy and Botty's doing?

Fighter's impact ;_;

iiJJkwWvMXtBZ.gif

Hasn't she been in Japan? She has to come back eventually.........

lol

I see your sudden dyslexia, Cory sis
my impact ;_;

iiJJkwWvMXtBZ.gif

Trigger

BET has been licking Beyonce's Cajun-fried puakinikini her entire career. Seriously, not even the hater in me talking. They will use ANY reason to give her an award in the hopes she'll attend their events.

They've deliberately misled whole generations of black youth into worshiping Beyoncétan. There is blood and chicken grease on their hands.

ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
When it comes to Xtina, I dont know some of you even bother with godel. I first noticed her nonsensically ridiculous blind hatred for Legend X with this:

iMSIkiEDdZ6Zo.gif

As much as I pity and loathe Broken Spearit, there are some things I would never say purely out of spite.
I don't even remember making that post...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
On the way home from the pub I listened to TEN again.

A parade of flawless bops. Your faves could never.

#ripgodsaloud

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
On the way home from the pub I listened to TEN again.

A parade of flawless bops. Your faves could never.

#ripgodsaloud

I expect them to back back for FIFTEEN
and by then I'll have moved on

Also I've gone back to Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album, and it's slaying me so hard rn

botty

Banned
Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti
#1 Bolivia
#1 Dominican Republic
#1 Ecuador
#1 El Salvador
#1 Guatemala
#1 Mexico
#1 Nicaragua
#2 Argentina
#2 Honduras
#2 Peru
#3 Spain
#4 Colombia
#4 Costa Rica
#5 Venezuela
#8 Panama
#11 Chile
#11 Paraguay

Legend

ib2jhfCg8sCpSP.gif

BET isn't ready for Iggy Azalea yet.

Iggy just played my school music festival. Talk about not ready for prime time. If I wanted to see some chick shake her surgically altered ass in my face for an hour and a half without doing anything musically interesting whilst inciting a riot, I could have gotten better quality elsewhere.

botty

Banned
Iggy just played my school music festival. Talk about not ready for prime time. If I wanted to see some chick shake her surgically altered ass in my face for an hour and a half without doing anything musically interesting whilst inciting a riot, I could have gotten better quality elsewhere.

I think Iggy will just be a video artist. I enjoy the videos she puts out, but that's as far as it goes. Especially after Satch and Artemisia killed Work for me.

botty

Banned
Iggy should be happy to have dodged the EBT awards bullet. That show is the most rigged thing ever conceived. 80% of the nominated people aren't even talented, and the people who win are so obvious. Figures why Nicki Minaj has snatched the best female hip hop artist every year. Not like she has any competition. We're talking about an award show that awarded both Jaden and Willow Smith.

b3d79dc8.gif

Hopefully the VMAs acknowledge her existence.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Iggy should be happy to have dodged the EBT awards bullet. That show is the most rigged thing ever conceived. 80% of the nominated people aren't even talented, and the people who win are so obvious. Figures why Nicki Minaj has snatched the best female hip hop artist every year. Not like she has any competition. We're talking about an award show that awarded both Jaden and Willow Smith.

b3d79dc8.gif

Who?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Praying that Miss Banks comes and snatches the awards that she deserves
Her acceptance speeches will be most entertaining.

DMeisterJ

Banned

b3d79dc8.gif

The BET awards are a level 10 flop. The dust paid to actual R&B Artists, people getting noms just so they'll show up. It's sad. Glad Rih has paid them dust since she blew up.

botty

Banned
Praying that Miss Banks comes and snatches the awards that she deserves
Her acceptance speeches will be most entertaining.

I am also here for an Azealia win. The barbz will have a nuclear meltdown.

party.gif

The BET awards are a level 10 flop. The dust paid to actual R&B Artists, people getting noms just so they'll show up. It's sad. Glad Rih has paid them dust since she blew up.

Rihanna is bigger than the EBT awards. That place is for local artist like Rick Ross, Mindless Behavior, and Beyonce.

Matt_

Why are Macklemore and Ryan Lewis up for best group?
I thought it was more a rapper/producer partnership that they just stuck with?

Azealia should definitely win over Minaj and Eve though, not even sure who the two other girls are.

Best International Act: UK

Marsha Ambrosius

Estelle

Labrinth

Rita Ora

Emeli Sandé

Wiley

The competition for the Uk act is FIERCE
Just of a higher quality
party.gif
party.gif

Bladenic

Why are Macklemore and Ryan Lewis up for best group?
I thought it was more a rapper/producer partnership that they just stuck with?

Azealia should definitely win over Minaj and Eve though, not even sure who the two other girls are.

The competition for the Uk act is FIERCE
Just of a higher quality
party.gif
party.gif

Adele better sweep.

Koodo

Banned
Seems like girl groups were re-invigorated to try again after Fifth Harmony came into this world and stole our hearts.

The impact, even Normani.

inYwFZAMqmjoh.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh? I always thought they were all black. Didn't know only one of them was black.

:rip:

Two of them are black, but the second black girl (D. Woods) isn't part of the reunion. Aundrea is hispanic of some sort, and two are white. The girl in the middle is some hew and is not part of DK.

Bladenic

:rip:

Two of them are black, but the second black girl (D. Woods) isn't part of the reunion. Aundrea is hispanic of some sort, and two are white. The girl in the middle is some hew and is not part of DK.

One of the OG members not getting invited back is giving me DC/TLC drama teas. Poor her.

Matt_

Seems like girl groups were re-invigorated to try again after Fifth Harmony came into this world and stole our hearts.

The impact, even Normani.

inYwFZAMqmjoh.gif

More like they're all trying to fill the whole left by Gods Aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom