• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Electric Chapel is glorious.

My body is, sanctuary....

Dat Eurythmics synthy background. One of her best imo.

Except HML
And this.

Pleased to see the Madonna praising turning into a Gaga love-fest. While Madonna's legacy and power (and quality of a lot of her stuff) can't be denied, of late she has turned into a bitter velociraptor that should be paid no mind. She always was occasionally humourless, to me but lately even worse. The Mr Burns of pop.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
JTjniGq.gif

Too good for your ears after all that Madonna?

Bitch bye.
They dragged down the whole album. Pale in comparison to Government hooker, Americano, Bloddy Mary, Heavy Metal Lover and Judas

Born This Way should have never seen the light of day.

The track or the album?

Koodo

Banned
When the Born This Way Ball closed with Marry The Night, I just couldn't. The moment Gaga took out the keytar in the climax of the song and ripped every follicle of hair from every person in attendance.

We all left with tender twink flesh, and enjoyed every second of it.

iQ7ckFhYRrx1S.gif

SaintZ

BTW is a step down from TFM but it really isn't that bad (although I didn't like it at first). BTW (song), however, is vile.

In other news, Miley's new song "We Can't Stop" is coming on June 11th (at least it is hitting radio that day).

botty

Banned
When the Born This Way Ball closed with Marry The Night, I just couldn't. The moment Gaga took out the keytar in the climax of the song and ripped every follicle of hair from every person in attendance.

We all left with tender twink flesh, and enjoyed every second of it.

5zvrU.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have a confession;
I don't really like Marry The Night, and I don't think it should have been a single

Matt_

I remember being utterly perplexed when everyone though it was going to slay. Just couldn't see it
Scheisse, HML or Americano would have been better choices imo

I do love the video for it tho, and the final minute of the song is life giving

royalan

The singles should have been:

Edge of Glory
You and I
Heavy Metal Lover (feat. Kanye West)

Then she wouldn't have been so pigeonholed as an artist.

Cynosure

Well she is.

People may not be buying her records en masse right now, but EVERYONE in the US knows who Christina Aguilera is. She was a cornerstone of one of the biggest cultural/musical movements the US had seen in decades. She's a part of the cultural fabric of the US. Deal.

Soulscribe brought this up a while back and I agreed with him: For all the dragging she gets among pop enthusiasts and forum mongers, to the average person Christina's capital as an artists hasn't really diminished. You could go up to the average person on the street and ask them about Christina, and they'll likely say something like "She's kind of a diva, but she can sang tho!" They won't say anything about Bionic or even Lotus, because they likely won't even know about them.

She's a name with a history and a legacy here. Shakira is not. Deal.

ibaGB6OVQZD6An.gif

Born This Way > The Fame Monster > The Fame

I'm looking forward to ARTPOP continuing the trend for me.

I remember being utterly perplexed when everyone though it was going to slay. Just couldn't see it
Scheisse, HML or Americano would have been better choices imo

I do love the video for it tho, and the final minute of the song is life giving
I don't get the love for Americano, tbh. That song and The Queen are the only true filth of Born This Way.

The singles should have been:

Edge of Glory
You and I
Heavy Metal Lover (feat. Kanye West)

Then she wouldn't have been so pigeonholed as an artist.
Umm... Heavy Metal Lover is perfect as is. Though, I guess if anyone should be featured on it, it should be Kanye and not someone like Pitbull.

royalan

I love HML. It's my favorite track on the album by a country mile. ;___;

I was thinking of radio appeal. The song is so sparse lyrically you KNOW they would have added a feature to it.

Matt_

I don't get the love for Americano, tbh. That song and The Queen are the only true filth of Born This Way.

Americano under the likes of Bad Kids? Oh no. That will not do at all.
Americano is a flawless jam that would have been a perfect successor to the Telephone vid

Nemesis_

Americano is a flawless jam that would have been a perfect successor to the Telephone vid

AHhhhhAAhhhhAHhhhhhAhahhahAHHAhah

AMERICANNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think it's great. During the tour she really captured the kind of hectic feel of it with all the shit going on on stage at once.

Lord I loved the Electric Chapel performance too

Why does Gags have a photo of Madonna behind her, though?

Why are you being shady >_>

ibmR7UDZPTgxMt.gif

It sucks that we might not get a DVD/Blu-Ray of The Born This Way Ball. :( It would be nice to see those performances of hers in better quality than what some random people who were in the audience recorded and put on YouTube.

Koodo

Banned
Americano is amazing, but Soulsis didn't lie that one time when he said it was a missed opportunity to be legendary. The song should been more stripped down, gothic and instrument-heavy, rather than the hectic electropop production it ended up with.

I imagine Arizona would have flat-lined.

Nemesis_

But that photo is quite obviously Lady Gaga :I

ibaXLwbTrUjToh.gif

Connie Mitchell gifs! I heard she had a falling out with Seal.

Yeah me too. Seal has been unbearable this season though I have not been watching every episode. Ricky seems nice, Keith Urban can remain unemployed tbh.

I want a new Sneaky Sound System album! Connie was so great *.*

moulels

PS: Magic of Love is flawless

Sis the Robohoes snatched my wig so hard, as expected tbh.

tumblr_mmcuxtURGG1r4ryn7o5_250.gif

Everything from this single has been perfect, when will anyone´s faves REVERSE dance for FILTH? And I've heard "Handy Man" is an EDM track with Middle-Eastern influences ;___; I can't.

I just don't see the appeal in Americano. But, hey, at least I like almost all of the rest of the album. :)

I have a very big feeling they were going to do something during one of the later North American dates, but then the whole injury and hiatus thing happened and I doubt it ever will.
Oh what could have been. *sigh* Stupid hip injury, ugh. The Monster Ball Blu-Ray is the the best thing ever, so this saddens me. Hmm... I should probably watch the MB tonight. All this talk about GaGa has got me in the mood to watch it again.

Matt_

Who is this man and why is he subbing for Bey on her tour?

His drag is awful. He needs to learn better contouring.

Which pop girl steamrolled you into your current pressed state? Or did your faves crushing failure compact you like it did her career?

Nemesis_

Oh what could have been. *sigh* Stupid hip injury, ugh. The Monster Ball Blu-Ray is the the best thing ever, so this saddens me. Hmm... I should probably watch the MB tonight. All this talk about GaGa has got me in the mood to watch it again.

My biggest issue with the Monster Ball bluray is that they've skipped quite a few things that made the show _TRULY_ iconic. I can't remember what those things are though but I remember being annoyed they were missing.

The Living Dress, the Anglerfish, the Mirror Dress *O*

b3d79dc8.gif

I think I'll just stop, and go back to listening to this Government Hooker instrumental.

b3d79dc8.gif

The Bloody Mary instrumental was my ringtone *.* Government Hooker was my ringtone for like, at least two phones (so about twoish years). The instrumentals work so well.

Which pop girl steamrolled you into your current pressed state? Or did your faves crushing failure compact you like it did her career?

His fave crushed him. I mean suggesting KANYE WEST for Heavy Metal Lover? Smh.

Gagas best song is eh eh

This is the Gaga song I will NEVER understand. I'm glad she didn't play it at our date for The Monster Ball.

iba9A7dkTRKwWC.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
My biggest issue with the Monster Ball bluray is that they've skipped quite a few things that made the show _TRULY_ iconic. I can't remember what those things are though but I remember being annoyed they were missing.
They skipped the entire awesome opening with that countdown on the projection screen over the stage. Really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom