• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

There's more:

NyIMHX1.png

Now waiT.

12 Roses doesn't exist?

vneighbvubrefierbfierbfuien

wasn't that meant to be ONE of those two tracks that was confirmed?

IS THERE EVEN AN ALBUM

ikmhN8b6E7rlb.gif

royalan

Sia clocks the tea that the rumored tracklisting is fake

@Midas_Touch_man: @sia can u confirm the rumours of a track with beyonce entitled vision
@Sia: @Midas_Touch_man it's all fake. x

So, yeah. "Ratchet" is back to not existing.

The funnier thing is that we still have no new information about a new album from Bey, and with the tour starting soon, I'm firmly believing that there will be no Beyonic at least until the tour is over, and even then, no one releases an album after the tour. While the Bey stans are kii'ing and clinking glasses over how many tickets her tour is selling, they don't get to hear any new music for the foreseeable future. Poor that.

But are her tour receipts really that impressive?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It's a Gaga song, it will only appear on ARTPOP. In retrospect I feel stupid for thinking it would come out, and on Bey's album first.
Well we know Gaga wrote it and has a demo since she played it for some fans

I still think Azealia will end up on ARTPOP, just the other day DJWS tweeted her to email him.

DMeisterJ

Banned
But are her tour receipts really that impressive?

Impressive in that she's selling out shows. Unimpressive that she's not playing any stadiums, and her ticket prices are priced with all of the other pop girls'. The Beyhive are clinking glasses because of how fast the arenas are selling out. It'll do fine. The important thing to note is that none of this comes with a new album, so they Beyhive are really deliriously happy and supporting something that will only end up hindering them hearing new music.

Those mixed priorities.

royalan

Impressive in that she's selling out shows. Unimpressive that she's not playing any stadiums, and her ticket prices are priced with all of the other pop girls'. The Beyhive are clinking glasses because of how fast the arenas are selling out. It'll do fine. The important thing to note is that none of this comes with a new album, so they Beyhive are really deliriously happy and supporting something that will only end up hindering them hearing new music.

Those mixed priorities.

It's like I said: she's going to sell the tickets first, THEN hit them with the disappointing product.

Beyonic... truly the Wii U of the music industry. *.*

Nemesis_

Well we know Gaga wrote it and has a demo since she played it for some fans

I still think Azealia will end up on ARTPOP, just the other day DJWS tweeted her to email him.

YUNG RAPUNXEL ‏@AZEALIABANKS

@DJWS Please email me the guidelines for correct sampling and copyright law.

6:37 AM - Mar 11, 2012

iJc27mXari7sv.gif

It's like I said: she's going to sell the tickets first, THEN hit them with the disappointing product.

Royalan, truly the Derrick of POPGAF.

iblkYbIpthOw6T.gif

Trigger

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think Bey views 5 as a disappointing product.

Nemesis_

Are these pictures of Bey you all are posting new?

She has time to pose and play dress ups while Tenitra takes photos for ha tumblr but not to promote and release new material?

cory64

Honestly didn't think the Beyonic era could get any messier, she should call Marc Summers and make a game show about it.

Nemesis_

There's a beat there? It sounds like a shitload of manic noise to me.

Well that's true. >_> But I feel like it's a good and structured manic noise.

TBH in about five days I'll probably be over it and be back to hating her

She actually gives me some Alice Glass teas in this song.

Nemesis_

Stefan™;49721613 said:
Sounds like a rehash of 212 melody(parts of it anyway). Bopping though.

I only think it does during that bridge where I am fairly certain she samples herself. I totally understand after a few repeat listens - heck she uses the same lyrics during some parts.

The other parts of the song are these hard hitting industrial-esque thumps. It's crazy and totally assaulting if you listen to it super loud on good headphone.

I kind of hoped for this production to be what Judas was when it was first described

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yung Rapunxel absolutely shiTs!

Hoping it catches on like 212, everywhere still goes mental for that song, though I reckon the shouting might hold it back

Pretty meh.

Redundant and boring.

Her work has never been more than mildly enjoyable for me though.... so maybe she just isn't for me.

I agree with Stefan... very reminiscent of 212 (which is far superior).

I'm not saying that Rih invented that look, but the hair damn sure looks 'inspired' by Rihanna.

#Navy: Finding impact in a hopeless place since 2008.

Nobody's looking to Chlamydia Spice for inspiration unless it's Nicki Minaj or that hairless opossum from Fun. Keep reaching iT.

I keep coming in here in hopes of some new Beyonce news, but alas she keeps insisTing on Trying my paTience. Really curious about what's going on here.

#Navy: Finding impact in a hopeless place since 2008.

I keep coming in here in hopes of some new Beyonce news, but alas she keeps insisTing on Trying my paTience. Really curious about what's going on here.

Some are suggesting that the album will come after the tour..... though that makes no sense to me.

Seriously though. The lack of a lead single is concerning.

Artemisia

Banned
The beat is really good, and I really wish she would have rapped over the best parts of it instead of using that screaming mess as the vocal.

Some are suggesting that the album will come after the tour..... though that makes no sense to me.

Seriously though. The lack of a lead single is concerning.

If the lead single rollout really does have nothing to do with Gaga (which seems to be the case) then there has to be something else going on. Either things are getting scapped and restructured behind the curtain or she's preparing some kind of spontaneous release. Either way it's sort of stressful to see because there was a very predictable and succinct PR method to her team back when her dad was on board but now things are a bit too wishy washy. It's like if Gaga was running her own entire operation. lol

Artemisia

Banned
I just realized this bitch doesn't have a solid song with original production.

That's really problematic, especially considering how many bridges she must be burning between her and the industry with all these feuds.

If the lead single rollout really does have nothing to do with Gaga (which seems to be the case) then there has to be something else going on. Either things are getting scapped and restructured behind the curtain or she's preparing some kind of spontaneous release. Either way it's sort of stressful to see because there was a very predictable and succinct PR method to her team back when her dad was on board but now things are a bit too wishy washy. It's like if Gaga was running her own entire operation. lol

Yeah. All the drama aside I really do want Bey to slay..... I use plenty of her music. A delay right now could be devastating considering how packed the second half of the year is going to be with major pop releases. If she had released during Feb/early March she would have been virtually unopposed except for JT.

Though some of the pressure MAY be off if Rih is not releasing a new album this fall. More and more it looks like she may be taking her foot off the gas with the yearly releases.

Majmun

I'm not saying that Rih invented that look, but the hair damn sure looks 'inspired' by Rihanna.

Grasping for straws. The hairdo's don't look alike. Totally different styles. Bey's weave has different curls and it doesn't come with a pony. Maybe because she doesn't need to hide a kilimanjaro forehead. But it's still different.

I guess Rih stole Cassie's hairdo too then LMAO

Avril needs to release ha new music already.

I agree. I won't lie and say I am hyped for it, but I am interested.

Dropped my Kelly avatar in protest of the PLU delay. She is performing something at the CMA's (her new country single?) on early April...... and supposedly she is debuting PLU on Idol, but that could be any time from this week to the final in May.

Edit: Also..... I can't @ straightgaf stanning Disgustin. Maybe HDD's prediction of 500k opening week isn't as far off as I thought?

Majmun

Waffle, I see your list and I haven't posted my Justin prediction :0

Justin - 275000

I don't think it'll do much at first. But it can have great legs if the hits are there.

Grasping for straws. The hairdo's don't look alike. Totally different styles. Bey's weave has different curls and it doesn't come with a pony. Maybe because she doesn't need to hide a kilimanjaro forehead. But it's still different.

Nnnnnnnnnn. So brutal.

Don't fret about it sis, it's just #Navy. Rihanna got the inspiration for her last three album titles from their particular stanning style. Truly the Tea Party Movement of POP-GAF.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Rih did the hair shave before Cassie did tho.

Waffle, I see your list and I haven't posted my Justin prediction :0

Justin - 275000

I don't think it'll do much at first. But it can have great legs if the hits are there.

We will see. I have never been there for JT so I think I try to over correct for my bias by being too bullish with my sales predictions.

Will only be taking new predictions for JT for a couple more days. May PM the less active people who have predicted for the other categories but not JT.

Updated chart:
EzAmanR.png

Nemesis_

I see Rih has everyone pressed as a waffle.

Let's not focus on the fact that they're obviously doing it out of boredom. While the newest addition to my fave front is out touring with new music, there's is twiddling their thumbs releasing tumblr photos that she's forced her Starbucks slave to take.

Literally playing dress ups. Poor her. At least my other fave has a reason for being down and out.

ibfoGRRlXNI5D5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom