• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Yung Rapunxel is awful. She doesn't even compare to Queen Alice, she's just yelling without emotion. And the beat isn't as crazy as it thinks it is, I might stan if she ever actually pulls off witch house.

I've been reading it as Yung Raphxel for the longest time kii

Majmun

arent you an Azealia stan?

1Fvbc.gif

Yeah, I love her. Her new track is great. Can't wait for her new album.
The rumored collab with Bey and Gaga sounds amazing too.

I also stan Kratos btw *.*

Majmun

I already told you that I find it great. Read, flatass_!!!

The track is so messy. I love it. Truly the M.I.A. of hip-hop.

Talking of M.I.A., the Kenzo Matangi Mix still works for me. I did some promo for it. Sent soundcloud links to a few friends of mine. The majority loved it. I have to spread the word for the new Carter Tax Cow *.*

Trigger

Do people not consider MIA hip-hop?

True, but it does highlight the fact that there has always been a lot of expectations when Christina records. I mean, Brit could feature in that shitty ass song and nobody really bats an eye because nobody expects much out of her at this point. But since Christina's DEBUT she's had to deal with dual expectations. She's got this big, soulful voice so whenever she does pure Pop she gets hit with the "wasting her voice" criticisms. But whenever she does big ballads or mid-tempos she slammed with being a wannabe Whitney/Mariah.

The only thing I agree with that awful New Now Next review is the praise he lumped on Candyman. Really is one of her best songs, and falls into this place between Pop and Soul that is so uniquely her. Only Christina could have made that song. Only Xtina could have made that ALBUM, actually.

Fair enough. I think the standards for Britney have fallen a little lower since the breakdown she had.

Majmun

Uhhh...MIA is the MIA of Hip Hop tho...

True, she raps. But I wouldn't call her music hip-hop or anything like that. It's very alternative. MIA is on top of her own genre, I think.

It's the same with Grimes. Some call it popmusic. But I find it very hard to call it pop. Björk is also a very unique artist on that regard.

Their music is very experimental and uses a lot of genres. Hard to label IMO

So I thought Kelly's next single, "People Like Us," was supposed to come out soon. Just looked it up and saw this:

http://www.kelly-clarkson.net/us/kelly-clarkson-show-on-the-microsoft-store-opening-in-san-antonio/

I don't watch Idol, but hopefully that performance is soon. I love the song, and I'm sort of interested to see how it fares. I'm mostly interested, though, in seeing her sing it live.

Yeah it got delayed. Broke my heart....was supposed to hit radio on the 4th.

I am excited about the Idol performance, and I really do want the song to slay. PLU is as "sure thing" as you can get with a Kelly track. Though she tends to have rough live performances early on with her upbeat songs.

She is also performing at the CMA's. We are not sure WHAT she is performing..... she has a new country single that we have heard a couple (poor quality video) live performances of, but it would be kind of weird for her to be pushing two singles at the same time even if they are on different formats.

For the ablums
Beyonce 5 - 420k
Artpop - 710k
Britney 8 - 290k
20/20 - 430k

And just as a guess

Broke with expensive taste - 65k
Praying shes not another kreayshawn

Oops almost missed you.

Added!

royalan

Also, just read those 20/20 Experience reviews...KIIIIIIIIIIIIII you can practically FEEL the struggle in the reviewers to not make the album sound as mediocre as it likely is. They actually pretty much align with a lot of the impressions from the album listening party - i.e. songs that overstay their welcome, pretentious intros/outros, dated Timbaland production, lots of filler, "Suit&Tie" being the most radio friendly cut.

I can't WAIT to review that PoS.

Also, just read those 20/20 Experience reviews...KIIIIIIIIIIIIII you can't practically FEEL the struggle in the reviewers to not make the album sound as mediocre as it likely is. They actually pretty much align with a lot of the impressions from the album listening party - i.e. songs that overstay their welcome, pretentious intros/outros, dated Timbaland production, lots of filler, "Suit&Tie" being the most radio friendly cut.

I can't WAIT to review that PoS.

Why do you insist on coming for my favorite people? ;_;

Nemesis_

RoyRickZero1. Her struggles.

Yung Rapunxel is awful. She doesn't even compare to Queen Alice, she's just yelling without emotion. And the beat isn't as crazy as it thinks it is, I might stan if she ever actually pulls off witch house.

I've been reading it as Yung Raphxel for the longest time kii

I am convinced Alice can't feel emotion anymore because of the copious amounts of heroine she shoots up dailY.

I love ha but she's a drug addled psychopath.

royalan

RoyRickZero1. Her struggles.

I am convinced Alice can't feel emotion anymore because of the copious amounts of heroine she shoots up dailY.

I love ha but she's a drug addled psychopath.

First Derrick...then RoyRickZero1...I'm not getting these shade names. ;___;

Kelly has confirmed that she is OPENING for someone elses tour later this year. (No details... could be only a handful of shows).

ibq8I1gmb6Hpy7.gif

ed2305b7.png

ed2305b7.png

ed2305b7.png

Kelly is testing my patience this year. She shouldn't be opening for ANYONE unless it's Coldplay, U2, Shania, etc....... If the rumors of it being Maroon 5 are true I am not sure how I will handle her willingness to stoop to Xtina like low standards.

Kelly I want damn PLU released.
I want a damn GOOD music video for once.
I want you to actually promote a radio FRIENDLY country single.
I want you to stop doing M$ store openings for flops like Marius while leaving me out in the cold with Train.

ed2305b7.png

asdghaskgdkASGdioafdklweygfkasgdjkfgaiuwlegf

iZUnBs6QYxF46.gif

Nemesis_

What is going ON with Gaga in these gifs?? Is she high?

I am SCREAMING at your post but I don't even know why.

iqsX2VrHd0Hnw.gif

She collapsed during the final show at New Zealand of TMB or something. Apparently she reckons it was being "jetlagged" and that she was fine.

Being the TRUE ARTIST(tm) that she is, she tried to keep performing and this......was the result.

nnnnnn the struggles though

ibhOHTw0AhSjhd.gif

Nemesis_

Name them.

I want a LIST.

Opening for Xtina but then having said tour cancelled.

Being Leona Lewis

Marrying a lead singer of Nickelback and having him work on your up and down album

Having a shit era and not bouncing back in the consequent one.

Not promoting any of your new material, and then being seen eating food at an In N Out, except that you weren't even energetic enough to go and get it but rather send your partner in for you. all while already being obese.

BONUS: Recording a song with Pitbull and having it be one of your only recent successful singles, garnering success that you yourself can't while solo.

Being Leona Lewis

Marrying a lead singer of Nickelback and having him work on your up and down album

Not promoting any of your new material, and then being seen eating food at an In N Out, except that you weren't even energetic enough to go and get it but rather send your partner in for you. all while already being obese.

I am in your debt.

Putting everything back in perspective.

Being Leona Lewis

All of these reminded me of Christina.
especially "being Leona Lewis"

I would open for Maroon 5 if Adam Levine agrees to open for me in my dressing room. /mess

Nemesis_

I mean from what I read when I was researching local legend Kelly, she had a very shitty era with My December and bounced back from it :)eli) pretty easily. There are SOME artists who can't seen to do that.

Also Soul, Adam is vegetarian. He ain't wanting any of your meat.

I'd also like to add how fucking shit Miss Independent was. I'm glad she bounced back and gave me Behind These Hazel Eyes.

Fey

Banned
wait why doesn't jelly just have her own tour? why is she opening?

is she not big (
OFWkigV.gif
) enough?

edit:
kiiiii @ my typo im keeping it

I mean from what I read when I was researching local legend Kelly, she had a very shitty era with My December and bounced back from it :)eli) pretty easily. There are SOME artists who can't seen to do that.

Also Soul, Adam is vegetarian. He ain't wanting any of your meat.

Yeah.

Even my December had a top 10 hit and went Platinum, but yeah..... she bounced back and got a #1 the first single of her next album.

Also. Adam Levine is fine, but I hate that band so much

Nemesis_

wait why doesn't jelly just have her own tour? why is she opening?

is she not big (
OFWkigV.gif
) enough?

nnnnnnn what kind of perfect use of the smiley. I am screaming.

To be honest I swear I heard about her touring here in Australia recently. Was that not supporting an album?

Mariah came here RANDOMLY for a weird as fuck show that wasn't really promoting anything too.

royalan

Bla bla bla

Sweetie, Kelly's got about 20 million albums to go before she can start "stooping" to Christina's level. And with her boring-ass music she'll likely never get there.

I stan Kelly's vocal skills, but she should be embarrassed of that dry-ass catalog...tryin to come for Xtina...ch

Trigger

Sweetie, Kelly's got about 20 million albums to go before she can start "stooping" to Christina's level. And with her boring-ass music she'll likely never get there.

I stan Kelly's vocal skills, but she should be embarrassed of that dry-ass catalog...tryin to come for Xtina...ch

Oop.

Nemesis_

Listen Derrick, Kelly hadn't ever had to stop to collaborations I order to get her #1. Nor judge reality TV to remain in the spotlight and maintain a sense if relevance but hen blow it away with a haphazard promotional schedule following subsequent unemployment.

Ch I don't even like Kelly and look at me defending her.

Derrick, her power.

To be honest I swear I heard about her touring here in Australia recently. Was that not supporting an album?

That's the thing. She has NO problem touring or selling tickets.

Which is why it is baffling that she would open for anyone. Gives me HOPE that its not M5 and she is actually opening for a major act.

Different era's honey. Don't be abusing statistics.

Almost as bad as Rih stan's bringing up "records sold".

royalan

Listen Derrick, Kelly hadn't ever had to stop to collaborations I order to get her #1. Nor judge reality TV to remain in the spotlight and maintain a sense if relevance but hen blow it away with a haphazard promotional schedule following subsequent unemployment.

Ch I don't even like Kelly and look at me defending her.

Derrick, her power.

Kelly wishes she could get paid 30 mil to sit on her ass and judge lessors...and not do Whatever That Reality Show She Did Was Called for free.'

Y'all be trying it, but the fact remains that Xtina had to flop TWICE before most of your faves (and definitely Kelly) could touch ha.

cory64

preachhhhhhhhh

#phuckyobasix
in the US she has 10 million albums and 60 million singles
there are 300 million people in the US so 25% of the country has bought a Rihanna record
Rihanna is as popular globally as she is in the US therefore Rihanna has sold 1.7 billion records worldwide.
#majah

royalan

Ummm no.

It's her biggest COUNTRY hit.....that's it. Not even in her top 5 overall. Not even close.

Hmph.

Well, she's still no stranger to collabs. In fact, we all know how badly she wants to do more of them.

And tbh y'all need to stop making me come for Kelly. I don't like it, since I DO like ha...that being said she really needs to branch out more than she does. There's no reason she should continue singing that some ol' safe-ass Pop-Rock with a dab of Country when she could be doing so much more with her voice.

Kelly wishes she could get paid 30 mil to sit on her ass and judge lessors...and not do Whatever That Reality Show She Did Was Called for free.'

Y'all be trying it, but the fact remains that Xtina had to flop TWICE before most of your faves (and definitely Kelly) could touch ha.

Give me a break. When was Xtincta's last solo #1? 2000? 2002 she got close with Beautiful.

She fell behind the pack almost before she was in the pack since even in her early days she played second fiddle to Britney.

Hell if you look at albums in comparable era's Kelly has outsold Xtina during EVERY phase of her career in albums AND singles.

B2B vs Breakaway: 4.5 million WW vs 12 Million WW

Since then (US only):
Xtincta:
Bionic - 314k
Lotus - 220k

Kelly:
My December - 837k (Certified Platinum)
AIEW - 966k (Certified Platinum)
Stronger 1,100k (Certified Platinum)

Biggest top 40 hits in the history of the chart going back over 20 years including ALL of both of their careers: (where is Xtincta?)

Wait is that Kelly with the BIGGEST song of ANY of the pop girls? Yup. Where are Xtina's songs? Kelly has 2 in the top 20.

Xtina has had one of the most overrated careers in modern pop music history.

Consistent flopping and mediocre radio performance which is overlooked simply because she sold 17 million albums in 1999 which happened to be the BIGGEST year for albums in history vastly inflating the numbers.

Ch... and I don't even like People Like Us so even if it slays I won't be able to enjoy it

Ch... I'm done with ha until Album 6

Ch... and if she doesn't grow some self-respect and EVOLVE on Album 6, I'm done with ha for good

Although she is a fearless, genuinely nice, beautiful, inspirational, and talented woman who occasionally makes a decade-defining bop or two so I could never drag ;__;

royalan

Give me a break. When was Xtincta's last solo #1? 2000? 2002 she got close with Beautiful.

She fell behind the pack almost before she was in the pack since even in her early days she played second fiddle to Britney.

Hell if you look at albums in comparable era's Kelly has outsold Xtina during EVERY phase of her career in albums AND singles.

B2B vs Breakaway: 4.5 million WW vs 12 Million WW

Since then (US only):
Xtincta:
Bionic - 314k
Lotus - 220k

Kelly:
My December - 837k (Certified Platinum)
AIEW - 966k (Certified Platinum)
Stronger 1,100k (Certified Platinum)

Biggest top 40 hits in the history of the chart going back over 20 years including ALL of both of their careers: (where is Xtincta?)

Wait is that Kelly with the BIGGEST song of ANY of the pop girls? Yup. Where are Xtina's songs? Kelly has 2 in the top 20.

Xtina has had one of the most overrated careers in modern pop music history. Consistent flopping and mediocre radio performance which is overlooked simply because she sold 17 million albums in 1999 which happened to be the BIGGEST year for albums in history vastly inflating the numbers.

BYE - not here for the US specific tea when Christina has had more of a GLOBAL presense than Kelly EVER will.

And don't come for Beautiful. Sure it didn't make #1 but its impact on music is UN-DE-NIABLE. Hell, does anyone even REMEMBER which song was #1 at the time? ( I do, since it had me SO pressed, but I'm not telling.)

EDIT: Also, 17 million albums sold is 17 million albums sold. That number isn't inflated just because YOUR fave has never, will never, and COULD NEVER do it. Besides, it's not like Christina was the top selling act at the time. There were several acts out there selling more, so how is it that the numbers are inflated just because it's her?

BYE - not here for the US specific tea when Christina has had more of a GLOBAL presense than Kelly EVER will.

And don't come for Beautiful. Sure it didn't make #1 but it's impact on music is UN-DE-NIABLE. Hell, does anyone even REMEMBER which song was #1? ( I do, since it had me SO pressed, but I'm not telling.)

Wasn't coming for Beautiful. Mentioned that it almost went #1..... which made her last major hit 2002 instead of 2000. You should be tanking me.

FACT: Even WW if you compare those era's Kelly still MASSIVELY outsold xtina. I only used US because there are not WW numbers for all the albums. So drop the faux outrage.

WW: (estimates)
Bionic - 1 million
Lotus - 350k

My December -1.7 million
All I Ever Wanted - 2 million
Stronger - 2.1 Million

royalan

Wasn't coming for Beautiful. Mentioned that it almost went #1..... which made her last major hit 2002 instead of 2000. You should be tanking me.

FACT: Even WW if you compare those era's Kelly still MASSIVELY outsold xtina. I only used US because there are not WW numbers for all the albums. So drop the faux outrage.

WW: (estimates)
Bionic - 1 million
Lotus - 350k

My December -1.7 million
All I Ever Wanted - 2 million
Stronger - 2.1 Million

Bullshit. Comparable eras would be pitting Kelly Clarkson's THANKFUL album up against STRIPPED - but we all know why you don't want to mention that, seeing as Stripped CURB STOMPS that shit into the dirt.

EDIT: Also, 17 million albums sold is 17 million albums sold. That number isn't inflated just because YOUR fave has never, will never, and COULD NEVER do it. Besides, it's not like Christina was the top selling act at the time. There were several acts out there selling more, so how is it that the numbers are inflated just because it's her?

This is a lie. Or are you going to bury your head in the sand and pretend that selling 10 million albums today is as easy as it was in 2000?

Kelly selling 12 million albums in 2005 is easily as impressive as 17 million in 1999. Album sales TODAY are off 60% from their peak 99/00 and it was a fairly stead trend downwards.

Even if it was only off 30% in 2005 that would still put her virtually on par with Xtincta.

Bullshit. Comparable eras would be pitting Kelly Clarkson's THANKFUL album up against STRIPPED - but we all know why you don't want to mention that, seeing as Stripped CURB STOMPS that shit into the dirt.

THAT is true.

I totally forgot about Thankful lol. I barely consider it a Kelly album.

So you win ONE era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom