• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3 songs in and I'm already SLAAAAAIIIIIIN. The instrumental for "Don't Hold the Wall" omg. This is like a turbo'd N'SYNC song. lol

Hop into my spaceship coupe
There's only room for two
(Me and you)
And with the top down, we'll cruise around
Land and make love on the mooooooon

ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

WHATEVER THIS TRANSITION IS WITH "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK ME THAT QUESTION" IS SLAYING MY LIFE

My ears are finally hearing again. What the FUCK have I been listening to in 2012?? 2013 already got it BEAT.

Oh, and Suit & Tie sounds better sandwiched between Pusher Love Girl and Don't Hold The Wall. For a brief moment I thought Disgustin was going to pull a most unexpected slaying, but Strawberry Bubblegum quickly dashed those hopes.

I will use: Pusher Love Girl, Suit & Tie, Don't Hold The Wall, Spaceship Coupe. Maybe Tunnel Vision will be inducted into this list after some simmering.

What is this synergy? lol. I'm here for 1 - 7. 8-10 can kick rocks.

I don't feel like the songs are too long. Like if it was 8 versus and 8 choruses, then it'd be excessive, but an intro and outro to every song is a nice surprise and I won't have a problem listening to it again over and over.

Are you actually listening to the songs or just waiting for them to be over? Lol

A little of both.

I am not saying EVERY track is terrible. However, you should have a compelling reason to add and intro/outro or a 5/6+ minute song.

VERY few of these songs call for it.....and the ones that DO call for it need them because the songs are bad and need the extra's to make them bearable.

A little of both.

I am not saying EVERY track is terrible. However, you should have a compelling reason to add and intro/outro or a 5/6+ minute song.

VERY few of these songs call for it.

I feel like the outros/intros so far have been the strongest portions of the album. It feels like there's a real journey to the album. You can try to evaluate the intros and outros as their own separate songs if that helps you wrap your head around it, lol

EDIT: Strawberry Bubblegum is hella sexy but it's definitely the least interesting song so far. Definitely not as bad as ya'll hoes be reppin' though. It's so chill.

I feel like the outros/intros so far have been the strongest portions of the album. It feels like there's a real journey to the album. You can try to evaluate the intros and outros as their own separate songs if that helps you wrap your head around it, lol

If I do a full review I really will try.

This isn't my type of music to begin with... so I know I am being overly critical.

Trigger

Is Mirror's going to be an official radio single?

On it right now and I still enjoy it.

It should be. Edit out the outro and it could work. 20/20 wasn't exactly groomed for radio.

Edit- I wonder if the album would be better received if the outros were their own tracks?

It should be. Edit out the outro and it could work. 20/20 wasn't exactly groomed for radio.

On the last track now.....and yeah Mirrors is the only one that has any hit potential that I saw.

Here are my personal ratings:
May change since it's after only one listen.
Pusher Love - 3/5
Suit & Tie – 1.5/5
Don't Hold The Wall – 1.5/5
Strawberry Bubblegum – 1/5
Tunnel Vision – 3/5
Spaceship Coup – 2/5
That Girl – 3/5
Let The Groove Get In – 3.5/5
Mirrors - 4/5
Blue Ocean Floor 2/5

Sorry gerls, but "Strawberry Bubblegum" is the hypest jam so far. Just close your eyes and imagine a dusky nighttime cityscape. This song embodies that sort of chill atmospheric mood. Love the subtle keyboard ornamentations.

The only aspect that lets the song down somewhat is that awful Barry White-esque nonsense going on in the background.

I'm only about halfway through the album so far, though. It's a bit of a stinker, but I have to give JT props for making the exact album he wanted to make. Not any hint of disingenuousness here.

Sorry gerls, but "Strawberry Bubblegum" is the hypest jam so far. Just close your eyes and imagine a dusky nighttime cityscape. This song embodies that sort of chill atmospheric mood. Love the subtle keyboard ornamentations.

The only aspect that lets the song down somewhat is that awful Barry White-esque nonsense going on in the background.

I'm only about halfway through the album so far, though. It's a bit of a stinker, but I have to give JT props for making the exact album he wanted to make. Not any hint of disingenuousness here.

Even those in the 20/20 thread are not brave enough to admit stanning THAT song.

botty

Banned
Leona I want to agree with you, but I can't help but to laugh at Justin comparing someone to Strawberry bubble gum. I mean, if I am not mistaken, he even says at one point that her flavor is "original." I mean.

edit: the second half of the song is interesting.

Artemisia

Banned
Leona I want to agree with you, but I can't help but to laugh at Justin comparing someone to Strawberry bubble gum. I mean, if I am not mistaken, he even says at one point that her flavor is "original." I mean.

edit: the second half of the song is interesting.

The blueberry lollipop part is equally ridiculous.

Even though I HATE the album I am having a hard time resisting upping my prediction for 20/20.

I didn't not expect general gaf to react quite so strongly to it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pusher Love Girl -
075ee6d1.gif

Suit and Tie -
777ff663.gif

Don't Hold the Wall -
9f1de191.gif

Strawberry Bubblegum -
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Tunnel Vision -
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Spaceship Coupe -
gtfo.gif

That Girl -
shakeno.gif

Let the Groove Get In -
pukey.gif

Mirrors -
a20869ce.gif

Blue Ocean Floor -
ab6d3f1c.gif

The Intros/Outros -
OFGnM5S.gif

Overall -
b80efe23.gif

Pusher Love Girl -
075ee6d1.gif

Suit and Tie -
777ff663.gif

Don't Hold the Wall -
9f1de191.gif

Strawberry Bubblegum -
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Tunnel Vision -
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Spaceship Coupe -
gtfo.gif

That Girl -
shakeno.gif

Let the Groove Get In -
pukey.gif

Mirrors -
a20869ce.gif

Blue Ocean Floor -
ab6d3f1c.gif

The Intros/Outros -
OFGnM5S.gif

Overall -
b80efe23.gif

Diamond star for this review tbh.

EDIT: I don't agree with it, but lol, I LIVE

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I wonder if Demi has payola, I doubt it since its Hollywood Records...

2/26/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 1.196
2/27/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 2.847 (+ 1.651)
2/28/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 4.941 (+2.094)
3/1/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 7.500 (+2.559)
3/2/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 10.190 (+ 2.690) *10M*
3/3/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 13.334 (+3.144)
3/4/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 16.485 (+ 3.151)
3/5/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 18.131 (+1.646)
3/6/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 19.959 (+ 1.828)
3/7/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 22.007 (+2.048) *20M*
3/8/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 24.084 (+2.077)
3/9/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 26.297(+2.213)
3/10/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 29.357 (+3.060)
3/11/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 32.404 (+3.047)

Pop radio must be real thirsty for a pop song if she doesnt

not complaining tho, I love hearing it
iCWM8JCFH3ygp.gif

I wonder if Demi has payola, I doubt it since its Hollywood Records...

2/26/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 1.196
2/27/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 2.847 (+ 1.651)
2/28/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 4.941 (+2.094)
3/1/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 7.500 (+2.559)
3/2/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 10.190 (+ 2.690) *10M*
3/3/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 13.334 (+3.144)
3/4/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 16.485 (+ 3.151)
3/5/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 18.131 (+1.646)
3/6/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 19.959 (+ 1.828)
3/7/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 22.007 (+2.048) *20M*
3/8/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 24.084 (+2.077)
3/9/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 26.297(+2.213)
3/10/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 29.357 (+3.060)
3/11/13 : DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 32.404 (+3.047)

Pop radio must be real thirsty for a pop song if she doesnt

not complaining tho, I love hearing it

If it had payola we would know. Don't they generally announce it when they play it if it is paid for? My local station does.

Either way those are very solid. I would be surprised if it doesn't at least go top 20. Not convinced about top 10 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom