• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

They are overpaying.

iWnjSJNTTxbJM.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
I tried listening to the 2020. I liked the first two songs (Pusher Lover Girl? and Suit & Tie) then it was yawn yawn yawn yawn. I then skipped around and found a song with a cute beat. Finished that and yawn yawn etc.

I guess I'll find out what that mystery song is called and that's it for the 2020 and me. Ch..

Back to jamming to Yung Rapunxel and Attracting Flies
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

I should probably take a step back from the 20/20 thread before I say something unfortunate and get myself banned lol.

on the first track of the 24/7 experience and am hating it already. lord this song is awful.

The first track wasn't actually bad for me. It was tracks 2/3/4 that killed the whole thing for me.

it won't end
rqRRATt.gif

The whole album is like that though lol.

JT rewriting the book on unnecessary production and extra's. Less is never more for Justin apparently.

iOPnpNZDgOLba.gif

I am glad it came out today though. Distracting me from the self destruction of Kelly's stanbase on ATRL.

royalan

...ugh. Justin WOULD release his album while I'm in choir rehearsal.

I'm gonna revel in the heavenly vocals my chorus sistren and I are emitting before I submit myself to the stream of yellow piss Justin calls a falsetto.

Nemesis_

Lord, this album DRAGS.

Anyways, the KINGS of Aussie glam pop, Empire of the Sun, are returning!

http://vevo.ly/WIK6vL

So... I'm supposed to know not one, but two Adam Lamberts... from Flawstrailia? Gurl no...

ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

They're nothing like Adam Lambert, the ignorance is astounding, and we've already denounced the Flawstralia name because quite frankly that's NOT HOW YOU PRONOUNCE AUSTRALIA ANYWAY. A dyslexic mess.

iPaVSpDiYM9sJ.gif

wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? yaaaaaaass

Bless. I knew they had some global presence. I was kind of worried when Luke went missing :biblio:

Trigger

I'm gonna revel in the heavenly vocals my chorus sistren and I are emitting before I submit myself to the stream of yellow piss Justin calls a falsetto.

I am percheD for your review.

iu5tRuWooKyRL.gif

Stefan™;49806306 said:

I don't get it.

Taylor seems to be TRYING to tank her chart performance.

Not allowing streaming already lost her 3 weeks at #1.... now releasing her video on a Wednesday only weeks after Youtube was added to the hot 100 formula.

Styles

I don't get it.

Taylor seems to be TRYING to tank her chart performance.

Not allowing streaming already lost her 3 weeks at #1.... now releasing her video on a Wednesday only weeks after Youtube was added to the hot 100 formula.

She's already gotten that Hot 100 no.1, she probably doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Stefan™;49806810 said:
She's already gotten that Hot 100 no.1, she probably doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Lol since when has anyone JUST wanted one #1?

Not to mention that Hot 100 has long had a MASSIVE influence on radio (and by extension sales). It's a poor business decision on top of it all.

And people call Born This Way pretentious.

That's a good point actually.

Everything people complained about with BTW is essentially 10x worse in 20/20.

The self indulgence.
The lack of obvious radio hits.
The hype based on who the artist is.... not the music itself.

cory64

save 20/20 for later because Drag Race is EVERYTHING tonight

Trigger

Lol since when has anyone JUST wanted one #1?

Not to mention that Hot 100 has long had a MASSIVE influence on radio (and by extension sales). It's a poor business decision on top of it all.

I don't know. I'd be pretty content with RED's performance overall if I was Taylor or a music exec. Though I don't want the RED era to end on a flat note....

Fey

Banned
a little track by track review (inspired by DMJ's)
W8pjuzU.gif

Pusher Love Girl -
CHj4zKp.png

Suit & Tie -
LZMIkr7.gif

Don't Hold the Wall -
Au2Sk8n.gif

Strawberry Bubblegum -
Tb2ZLWG.gif

Tunnel Vision -
HQ6LRq3.gif

Spaceship Coupe -
4TycNCm.gif

That Girl -
seOQig6.gif

Let The Groove Get In -
LEdbUXe.gif

Mirrors -
rRUzyg0.gif

Blue Ocean Floor -
K0gw8i1.gif

gUj3LDO.gif

Fey finds the defendant, Justin Timberlake,

p393CH7.gif

Court is adjourned.

Nemesis_

W8pjuzU.gif

Pusher Love Girl -
CHj4zKp.png

Suit & Tie -
LZMIkr7.gif

Don't Hold the Wall -
Au2Sk8n.gif

Strawberry Bubblegum -
Tb2ZLWG.gif

Tunnel Vision -
HQ6LRq3.gif

Spaceship Coupe -
4TycNCm.gif

That Girl -
seOQig6.gif

Let The Groove Get In -
LEdbUXe.gif

Mirrors -
rRUzyg0.gif

Blue Ocean Floor -
K0gw8i1.gif

gUj3LDO.gif

p393CH7.gif

Court is adjourned.

nnnnnn

The iconography

*.*

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I dont think Taylor cares about #1s especially without having any until this era and still selling millions of albums, singles, etc.

at the end of the day she just wants a paycheck and a dick
iy7tjc1icCF4a.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Album just sounds like the Timbaland show with JT's vocals shoved in. Has a nice kind of 90's feel to it, but seriously lacking in hooks to me. Was never a fan anyway :p

The lyrics (and title) to Spaceship Coupe! D:

I dont think Taylor cares about #1s especially without having any until this era and still selling millions of albums, singles, etc.

at the end of the day she just wants a paycheck and a dick

Eh maybe. I think artists care far MORE about legacy than people assume. The difference between having 100 million and 500 million is really negligible when it comes to their actual lives and no one else will really care. #1's/grammy's will be remembered.

Though maybe Taylor is still too young to be thinking about legacy.

Album just sounds like the Timbaland show with JT's vocals shoved in. Has a nice kind of 90's feel to it, but seriously lacking in hooks to me. Was never a fan anyway :p

Me either to be honest. I don't really use any of JT's work anymore.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Me either to be honest. I don't really use any of JT's work anymore.
IMO the best stuff from his work was always the producers anyway - some of the Neptunes sound on his earlier tracks, the incredible production of the FS/LS title track or that string outro to What Goes Around. I find his part, the kind-of-forced ladies man act kinda tedious.

W8pjuzU.gif

Pusher Love Girl -
CHj4zKp.png

Suit & Tie -
LZMIkr7.gif

Don't Hold the Wall -
Au2Sk8n.gif

Strawberry Bubblegum -
Tb2ZLWG.gif

Tunnel Vision -
HQ6LRq3.gif

Spaceship Coupe -
4TycNCm.gif

That Girl -
seOQig6.gif

Let The Groove Get In -
LEdbUXe.gif

Mirrors -
rRUzyg0.gif

Blue Ocean Floor -
K0gw8i1.gif

gUj3LDO.gif

p393CH7.gif

Court is adjourned.
nnnnnnn this is the most flawless review I've ever seen.

About to start listening to JT.

Nemesis_

I didnt know she did an episode

but its from the sexual harassment videos she did in high school
ibm5DBwz08nTyE.gif

Bless, a true actress.

Did any of you watch the DIGITAL QUEEN perform during the Diamonds Tour?

Truly a goddess, I can't wait to go when she announces dates for Australia.

If she announces dates ;_;

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Body Party" by Ciara is now on iTunes.

Let me see if I have 129 coins to donate to this poor flop bitch.

I wonder how high it will peak on the iTunes top 100. Will it even chart on the Billboard Hot 100?

Trigger

What song will the video be for? I didn't even know Nicki had a new single coming.

"Body Party" by Ciara is now on iTunes.

Let me see if I have 129 coins to donate to this poor flop bitch.

I wonder how high it will peak on the iTunes top 100. Will it even chart on the Billboard Hot 100?

She's got the #80 position on lock, I'm sure. Be ready for that slayage.

Lord, The 20/20 Experience is laughably overindulgent. I can't. I don't have any problems with long songs as long as they are constantly evolving and surprising the listener, but minutes of mediocre vocal adlibs scattered over a sparse backing track are NOT a good look, JT. I don't want to hear any of that "he just lets it ride, his music breathes" shit, either. The worst part is that many of the songs at the core of these musical epochs are fundamentally great and hooky-Don't Hold The Wall and Strawberry Bubblegum, in particular- but JT just needs a damn editor to tell him when enough is enough. I will say that the album does convey a tangible sense of cohesiveness like FS/LS did, and I realize that that's not always the easiest thing to accomplish in pop music, so good on him for that.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lord, The 20/20 Experience is laughably overindulgent. I can't. I don't have any problems with long songs as long as they are constantly evolving and surprising the listener, but minutes of mediocre vocal adlibs scattered over a sparse backing track are NOT a good look, JT. I don't want to hear any of that "he just lets it ride, his music breathes" shit, either. The worst part is that many of the songs at the core of these musical epochs are fundamentally great and hooky-Don't Hold The Wall and Strawberry Bubblegum, in particular- but JT just needs a damn editor to tell him when enough is enough. I will say that the album does convey a tangible sense of cohesiveness like FS/LS did, and I realize that that's not always the easiest thing to accomplish in pop music, so good on him for that.

Please clock those in the OT who are in love with the overindulgent intros and outros that Tim has unfortunately tacked on to each song. When someone does a album mix where all the intros and outros are clipped and it's just the songs, I'll probably like the album, and it'll be down to a reasonable amount of time for an album with 10 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom