• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ho plz Lana could never deliver a fun video.

Lana Delivers Art. Leave Taylor doing Kidz Bops music videos.

Pupi either stans her or just randomly owns a huge cache of Jessie J gifs.

EDIT: Let me address the Jessie J matter.

When I joined PopGaf for saying I enjoyed Jessie J vocals gurls were trolling me and I decided to play with it. I'm not a stan because she hasnt done a cohesive album or something good enough to makes me stan like I do Lana and Kimbra but I appreciate her vocals (despite some of her oversinging and flat notes at times for the over singing she has a great voice) and I like some of the songs from her album. Domino, Who You are, Lazerlight, Nobody Perfect and Price Tag are enjoyable tracks. I've mentioned multiple times she lacks identity cause of the songwritter part. Obviously understandable it has been seen before with others songwritters lacking a identity at first cause they did different styles for different artists and it shows on their album.

As a matter let me make a list of who I like and who I dont so maybe you get things cleared.

STAN: (Be surprised there are some more afterall)
Lana
Kimbra
Lianne La Havas
Paloma Faith

Like: (some near stanning here but dont feel like making another category)
Leona Lewis
Kelly Clarkson
Katy Perry
Kylie Minogue
La Roux
Robyn
Azealia Banks
Cher
Whitney
Chaka Khan
Christina Aguilera
Janelle Monae
Noisettes
Alexandra Burke
Emili Sandé
Girls Aloud
Jessie J
Jessie Ware
Pixie Lott
VV Brown
Kerli
Beyonce

Mixed Feelings:
Rihanna
Jennifer Hudson
Inna
Avril Lavigne
Janet Jackson
Madonna
Lady Gaga

Indifferent:
Britney Spears
J.Lo
Nicole Scherzinger
Iggy Azalea
Demi Lovato
Selena Gomez

Dislike:
Alexandra Stan
Miley Cyrus
Hilary Duff
Mandy Moore (Great Vocals but bores me to hell)

There are more artist but I'm doing with what I remember.

Styles

Fun or not, Taylor has clearly been influenced by Lana's video artistry.

She's had instagram filters in her MVs since the Fearless era: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSjNWnzpjg

ib1NkYHZBmxOIC.gif

Mau ®

I could understand the "I knew you were trouble" video having Lana influences.... And even then I'd argue its more We Found Love.

Taylor's 22 video is very much her imo.

SaintZ

Stefan™;49983660 said:
Has Lana done any video that's not called 'artistic' or 'serious'?
She wasn't serious in Kinda Outta Luck. That's a stretch but Lana hasn't done tons of videos that are not homemade and BTD has is barely 1 year old. You can't say Taylor hasn't been influenced by Lana, it has been VERY clear since IWYWT.

I wonder if Talyor is going to sing about how her granny panties smell like coca cola next.

i396AxiScwo3U.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard Albums Top 10

1. Luke Bryan "Spring Break... Here to Party" 150,000
2. Jimi Hendrix "People, Hell, and Angels" 72,000
3. Bruno Mars "Unorthodox Jukebox" 51,000
4. Mumford and Sons "Babel" 35,000
5. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "The Heist" 29,000
6. Rihanna "Unapologetic" 29,000
7. Florida Georgia Line "Here's to the Good Times" 26,000
8. Imagine Dragons "Night Visions" 26,000
9. Various Artists "Now 45" 26,000
10. Lumineers "Lumineers" 24,000

Hot Digital Songs Top 10

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Thrift Shop" 306,000
2. Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man" 240,000
3. Rihanna "Stay" 236,000
4. Baauer "Harlem Shake" 186,000
5. Justin Timberlake "Suit and Tie (feat. Jay Z)" 128,000
6. Drake "Started from the Bottom" 128,000
7. Pitbull "Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) 125,000
8. P!nk "Just Give me a Reason" 122,000
9. Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" 111,000
10. Demi Lovato "Heart Attack" 107,000

"Stay" is platinum *.* and "Thrift Shop" clocks it's eight week above 300k digital sales, setting a new record.

"Unorthodox Jukebox" also went plat this week.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I could understand the "I knew you were trouble" video having Lana influences.... And even then I'd argue its more We Found Love.

Taylor's 22 video is very much her imo.

Taylor directly asked Lana's advice about the IKYWT video as seen in the pic I posted above. There is interview evidence. The video then ends up having a similar structure and style to the Ride video.

Now the 22 video has the same filter as the National Anthem video. There was a birthday party and cake in National Anthem, same in 22. Lana sunbathes in National Anthem, Taylor sunbathes in 22. Lana walks on a shore in NA, Taylor walks on a shore in 22. Lana attends a party in NA, Taylor attends a party in 22.

Coincidence? I think not.
4d831511.gif

Anywaay-

Like Sky Ferreira's facebook page and get the Everything Is Embarrassing Unicorn Remix for freeeeee

http://po.st/Q7n3CQ

iiWJo4HHdV1PI.gif

And remember to purchase her EIE EP on April 8 UK citizens.

/promo xoxoxo

Sean Kingston has released his next single Beat It. More importantly, it features Chris Brown
4d831511.gif

And can you guys believe it. Ciara has gotten me the most notes on the PopGAF tumblr.
4d831511.gif

Nemesis_

Wasn't Christina Milian working with Afrojack on her new album?

And wasn't the WHOLE REASON Paris Hilton's album delayed was because she was fucking Afrojack, they made an album, they broke up, and she started again?

:/

botty

Banned
Eh, I don't know what is happening with her album.

But as far as men go, they are accessaries to Queen Paris. She can go from dating an heir to a billion dollar shipping company, to a DJ, to her current boyfriend who is a big time male model.

I think a Christina Milian album is a bit of a pipe dream, tbh. I did enjoy that song that she put out with lil wayne, though.
ilHty5w5zXhIq.gif

Bladenic

Billboard Albums Top 10

1. Luke Bryan "Spring Break... Here to Party" 150,000
2. Jimi Hendrix "People, Hell, and Angels" 72,000
3. Bruno Mars "Unorthodox Jukebox" 51,000
4. Mumford and Sons "Babel" 35,000
5. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "The Heist" 29,000
6. Rihanna "Unapologetic" 29,000
7. Florida Georgia Line "Here's to the Good Times" 26,000
8. Imagine Dragons "Night Visions" 26,000
9. Various Artists "Now 45" 26,000
10. Lumineers "Lumineers" 24,000

Hot Digital Songs Top 10

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Thrift Shop" 306,000
2. Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man" 240,000
3. Rihanna "Stay" 236,000
4. Baauer "Harlem Shake" 186,000
5. Justin Timberlake "Suit and Tie (feat. Jay Z)" 128,000
6. Drake "Started from the Bottom" 128,000
7. Pitbull "Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) 125,000
8. P!nk "Just Give me a Reason" 122,000
9. Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" 111,000
10. Demi Lovato "Heart Attack" 107,000

"Stay" is platinum *.* and "Thrift Shop" clocks it's eight week above 300k digital sales, setting a new record.

"Unorthodox Jukebox" also went plat this week.

SLAY. Only the King o f Country could get such a debut with a compilation album of songs that are 6 years old.

Not Pupi disliking Alexandra Stan ;_; oh well at least he is mixed on Inna.

Speaking of Inna, SaintZ what did you think of the album *.*

SaintZ

Speaking of Inna, SaintZ what did you think of the album *.*
Loved iT *.*

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Bop after bop *.*

The deluxe version is kinda bloated though and after a while it all blends together. My favorites were In Your Eyes, We Like To Party, Party Never Ends, Be My Lover and Take it Off.

Also LOL, Inna's spanish made me cringe, bless ha, she tried. Weird listening her collab with Reik.

It's a pretty fun album, that's what I was expecting and the Romanian Queen did not disappoint.

ibkEnxcnAnvMRU.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
SLAY. Only the King o f Country could get such a debut with a compilation album of songs that are 6 years old.

Not Pupi disliking Alexandra Stan ;_; oh well at least he is mixed on Inna.
I'll give her props I enjoyed somehow Get Back (ASAP)

Bladenic

Loved iT *.*

iN4DVmzpwHjeF.gif

Bop after bop *.*

The deluxe version is kinda bloated though and after a while it all blends together. My favorites were In Your Eyes, We Like To Party, Party Never Ends, Be My Lover and Take it Off.

Also LOL, Inna's spanish made me cringe, bless ha, she tried. Weird listening her collab with Reik.

It's a pretty fun album, that's what I was expecting and the Romanian Queen did not disappoint.

ibkEnxcnAnvMRU.gif

Lmao we share almost none of the same faves. We Like To Party has the EXACT same beat that Play & Win used for their own song.

I can't believe you don't have Shining Star as a fave, such a good jam. Oh well glad you liked it :)

Lemonade is iconic
in select markets :eli:

The sad thing is that Lemonade wasn't even that big a hit in Romania, only peaking at #12 on the Romanian Hot 100. This is after Mr. Saxobeat was a massive (worldwide) hit and Get Back was top 5. The struggle.

SaintZ

Lmao we share almost none of the same faves. We Like To Party has the EXACT same beat that Play & Win used for their own song.

I can't believe you don't have Shining Star as a fave, such a good jam. Oh well glad you liked it :)
Shinning Star is good but it reminds me of Club Rocker.

Also, it seems that Inna is coming back to Mexico SOON. I'm percheD for ha arrival because this time I'm going to one of ha concerts *.*

Bladenic

Shinning Star is good but it reminds me of Club Rocker.

Also, it seems that Inna is coming back to Mexico SOON. I'm percheD for ha arrival because this time I'm going to one of ha concerts *.*

Bless, I think Mexico is one of her biggest markets. A true global star.

Waiting for the rest of Super's Beyonce list tbh.

LTTP but congrats to Nemesis for fearless stanhood admissions. We all listen to these pop icons to some degree I'm all for being forthcoming about it. Even when we rant about bash we still hold out a handful of songs that we still bop to. And Hurt is forever my JAM. I sang it at a gay club a few months back for this karaoke night thing and it was ICONIC. <3

Nemesis_

I mean, she's from New York, and so is her family (and her man, I think).

Where else would she be right now?

People thought she was in Chicago with Taylor.

And we wanted to know why DJWS was travelling to New York, after some research I realised he had no gigs on.

So Gaga and DJWS were in New York at the same time, and Gaga was recently photographed near his Mac book.

ARTPOP IS COMING

Nemesis_

I can't with her wheelchair being so regal and elegant.

52b0f867.gif

There is a lengthy piece somewhere from the designer. short story: she wanted it made and it's gold and leather.

I am not sure if it's true or not, but on my phone now so I can't copy it properly as it's 240am and I'm tired =(

Fey

Banned
She looks happy and healthy aside from you know what. bless.

yeah, she looks great (aside from the wheelchair) and very happy.
YCZeRN5.gif

tbh, i don't even care if she takes her time finishing up ARTPOP. i've gotten so used to waiting for ARTPOP that i'm not even desperate for it anymore
and the lack of RedOne + possibly dated dance/electronic sound has me kind of skeptical

so get that rest gaga!!

royalan

...ugh. I am actually really annoyed at the amount of promo Justin is getting right now.

On Fallon all this week. CW special next week. That damn Target commercial running 24/7. The Budweiser commercial. Ads EVERYWHERE. I don't think I've ever seen a promo blitz like this. It's eclipsing Taylor's RED promo at this point...

It gets to a point where it's just overkill. Like, there's no WAY the album is going to do less than 500k at this point. Quality has nothing to do with it. Hell, consumer demand almost has nothing to do with it (both singles have underperformed). RCA is practically spending every fucking dime they have to force JT onto the public.

I'd amend my prediction if it weren't too late. I wasn't anticipating this.

...ugh. I am actually really annoyed at the amount of promo Justin is getting right now.

On Fallon all this week. CW special next week. That damn Target commercial running 24/7. The Budweiser commercial. Ads EVERYWHERE. I don't think I've ever seen a promo blitz like this. It's eclipsing Taylor's RED promo at this point...

It gets to a point where it's just overkill. Like, there's no WAY the album is going to do less than 500k at this point. Quality has nothing to do with it. Hell, consumer demand almost has nothing to do with it (both singles have underperformed). RCA is practically spending every fucking dime they have to force JT onto the public.

You can still adjust. For JT I am giving people till the actual release to change their predictions.

DMeisterJ

Banned

RCA seems intent on having on successful artist on their roster.

royalan

RCA seems intent on having on successful artist on their roster.

But you know...Honestly at this point it's like if a label put this kind of promo power behind ANY artist they would sell. It's almost not even about Justin. When was the last time an artist got this kind of label attention and flopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom