• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Does Broke With Expensive Taste have a release date yet?

naomireads.gif

Releasing the same day The Last Guardian does.

Bladenic

I've said it before, but I will be panini pressedT if Shading from the Sun won't be out by summer's end. That said, the full song sort of disappointed me after the snippet we got, but it's still good and better than Grown Woman.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm actually kind of surprised that so many people prefer SOTS, Grown Woman for me all the way.

But then I am used to having iconoclastic and unique taste in excellence #godsaloud

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah in a new movie as a damn field slave.
article-2340154-1A45C38F000005DC-576_634x421_zps703de25b.jpg

Hollywood thinks even Mariah looks more black than Beyonce or forehead?
ed2305b7_zpsf97fde45.png

and a better actress as well

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hot Digital Songs (2013/06/22
01 - Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (315,000│1,187,000)
02 - Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (225,000│4,094,000)*
03 - Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop (214,000)
04 - Daft Punk - Get Lucky (193,000│1,031,000)
05 - Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (192,000│3,160,000)*
06 - Macklemore - Can't Hold Us (174,000│2,802,000)
07 - Selena Gomez - Come & Get It (154,000│1,191,000)
08 - P!nk - Just Give Me A Reason (132,000│3,299,000)
09 - 2 Chainz - We Own It (Fast & Furious) (131,000│426,000)
10 - Cassadee Pope - Wasting All These Years (125,000)
*I've never knew those have sold that much already

Miley also debuts at #11 on the Hot 100 and Robin Thicke gets his first #1
1. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (+5)
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (-1)
3. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (=)
4. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors (-2)
5. Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (=)
6. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (+2)
7. P!nk - Just Give Me A Reason (-3)
8. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It (-1)
9. Ariana Grande - The Way (+3)
10. Icona Pop - I Love It (-1)
11. Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop (Debut)

Cynosure

image.php

o

Mariah in a new movie as a damn field slave.
article-2340154-1A45C38F000005DC-576_634x421_zps703de25b.jpg

Hollywood thinks even Mariah looks more black than Beyonce or forehead?
ed2305b7_zpsf97fde45.png

and a better actress as well

If Mariah as Ms Weiss in Precious has taught us anything, it's that Mimi should change professions; she's a much better actress than she's a singer now.

Bladenic

Not Cruise STILL SLAYING. The longevity is too much. Love it.

Also love Blurred Lines clocking Justin. And YASSSS at Come and Fuck Me, The Way (you smash me), and Miley doing well. Slayyyyy.

Hew is Cassadee Pope tho? Wasn't she at the CMT Awards last week?

Yado

By way of the supposed delay of her fifth studio album, there’s been some effort by some misinformed parties to paint Beyonce as an act way past her prime…no longer the commercial force she ‘used to be’.

Unfortunately, much like a open handed slap to an unsuspecting face, new facts and figures pulled from her sold out ‘Mrs.Carter Show’ are to set to shock these naysayers today…in ways they could have never imagine.

Days before the show touches down in the US, official figures released by the tour’s promoters have revealed that the show is well on its way to becoming one of the highest grossing tours of all time- without the help of American revenue.

For, upon hitting London’s 02 Arena back in May, the singer generated a sweet $9,733,780 from six nights played at the venue- contracted and opened by Sir Robert McAlpine in 2007.

During the 6 night stint at the spot, the star played for a total of 97,802 fans, days before she arrived at Manchester’s ‘Manchester Arena‘ to pick up a further $4,650,150 after just three nights.
tumblr_mmr2mno6uv1qboxw0o1_500.gif

Bladenic

If anything, tour receipts show nothing but that she's past her prime. It's all up to Five. If it flops, produces no smash singles, etc. then it's over for Mr. Carter.

If anything, tour receipts show nothing but that she's past her prime. It's all up to Five. If it flops, produces no smash singles, etc. then it's over for Mr. Carter.

I'm sorry, what? I'm constantly flabbergasted at the disregard for live shows around here. Why are album sales (which an artists receives pennies from and may even still owe the label money for) held higher than actual the live show (which is an artists main revenue source)? Someone riddle me this, how are you past your prime when you're making more money than ever? Or is your prime when you only appeal to the demographic that will spend their parents money on your albums?

Yup.

Tour receipts matter. Using ONLY tour receipts is kinda try hard, but I do think that Bey can sell some serious albums/singles as well if the music turns out decent.

Trigger

I'm sorry, what? I'm constantly flabbergasted at the disregard for live shows around here. Why are album sales (which an artists receives pennies from and may even still owe the label money for) held higher than actual the live show (which is an artists main revenue source)? Someone riddle me this, how are you past your prime when you're making more money than ever? Or is your prime when you only appeal to the demographic that will spend their parents money on your albums?

OupKFO7.gif
OupKFO7.gif
OupKFO7.gif

I don't think Bey is anywhere near past her prime.

If the One Directions and Taylor Swifts of the world sell millions of albums, decent music is not required.

You're right. I must be wrong.

Tour receipts don't matter and Bey is a relic.

Music needs an audience. It doesn't matter how "good" it supposedly is. If there is no audience it may as well be shit.

Say what you like about Taylor/1D, but they have a well defined audience that buys, and likes, their music.

Bladenic

My post was inflammatory, but here's what I mean. Beyonce is generating crazy revenue with her tour, even when she has only 1-2 new songs to perform. 4 was a flop. It may have not flopped compared to other artists, but by Bey standards it flopped. Now if 5, somehow, also flops, then I think saying Bey is past the point of being able to sell albums and get smash singles wouldn't be a crazy statement. However, her legacy is cemented, and she can do tours and still rake in dough. Not that money would ever be a problem for the Carters.

But this is all too early to call. And I really feel like 5 will smash.

Kyon

Banned
I have never heard of her tour being one of the highest grossing records. This is news to me

If only that 3rd grade class clown was smart enough to capitalize on this promo and release something

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have never heard of her tour being one of the highest grossing records. This is news to me

If only that 3rd grade class clown was smart enough to capitalize on this promo and release something

Yeah, I don't get the "one of the highest grossing tours of all time - Without help of the American revenue" makes absolutely no sense. Unless they mean she'll be in like the top 100 or so tours, then I guess that's true, but if they mean top 10 or something, no dice. She doesn't have enough dates announced, and her ticket prices are much lower than the legends, so she'll never be able to do that with this tour.

tl;dr

Typical posting of BS articles since she doesn't have music to discuss.

royalan

Let me just say:

I haven't been posting as much the last two days because I spilled a beer on my keyboard while watching Sony's E3 conference and I am officially in the #struggle until my replacement comes in the mail.

But it has warmed my heart to see you dragging Beycifer with PASSION.

GO IN

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Illuminating insights from Ms. Janelle Monáe concerning The Electric Lady:

yW3tEAx.png

JltXkRA.png

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

Thinking about this, I wonder if the references to the colours are references to LGBTQ stuffs. My housemate is absolutely convinced that the references on Q.U.E.E.N. imply that Janelle is a lesbian (though to be honest I think she just has a moist-on for her).

ROBYN LORD TAKE ME NOW IT HAS BEEN MUCH TOO LONG SINCE BIBLE TALK
iexl34if8c4A4.png

I am ready for Godbyn to absolve us of our musical sins.

i4rTpTJtlapHa.gif

Let grown folks handle their business. You act like this is the only promo she's ever gonna get.

botty

Banned
I'm excited for Robyn, but that isn't coming any time soon...

But Fifth Harmony is.

Miss Movin' On, this saturday!

BMmRpEyCUAAPoW0.jpg:large

The queens are coming to warrior punch.

ib15VA69CNsCLj.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To be fair the last song like that was Wings, which was absolutely amazing, so I suppose I shouldn't write it off just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom