• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

5th Harmony is coming for the girl group crown.
1Oymt.gif

botty

Banned
Oop.

Still though, Little Miss Empowerment Song will have to slay to be a better debut single than Wings.

It sounds like a Kelly Clarkson/Demi Lovato hybrid song. So it will have some appeal in the states at least. The little snippet I heard was decent enough for me to keep stanning. I am most excited to see how they evolve from their debut phase.

botty

Banned
That's not a win for Lotus though lmao.

Still they debuted pretty decently considering Wings has just now started picking up in US (go ahead godel I know you want to drag).

Oh, I wasn't trying to praise Lotus. I know that most of you use Lotus as a basis for what is considered flopping hard and what is considered a modest slaying. In Little Mix's defense they did break a UK girl group record with their album, so they deserve some credit.

Bladenic

Oh, I wasn't trying to praise Lotus. I know that most of you use Lotus as a basis for what is considered flopping hard and what is considered a modest slaying. In Little Mix's defense they did break a UK girl group record with their album, so they deserve some credit.

Lotus did better than like J.Lo's last 3 albums, for example. But everyone has it out for Legend X. Who else?

botty

Banned
Lotus did better than like J.Lo's last 3 albums, for example. But everyone has it out for Legend X. Who else?

J.Lord is a single's artist tbh. And, as of right now, Legend X is a feature artist. I'm just hoping they make good music in 2013 cause the other girls don't seem to want to release anything...

Speaking of which, who has new music they want to share? *.*

royalan

"The Way" is now a PLATINUM bop

Her POWER

Next up, 2x plat

tumblr_mkd668vssO1rckz9lo1_500.gif

Are you fucking SHITTING ME!?!!?

THAT MARIAH REDUCTION?!?!?

Don't get me wrong: part of me wants to be here for her, but she's basically trying to make a career out of ripping Mariah off, and I can't believe that wack-ass song is selling.

Trigger

Don't get me wrong: part of me wants to be here for her, but she's basically trying to make a career out of ripping Mariah off, and I can't believe that wack-ass song is selling.

Pop-riah is best Mariah. I don't blame ha for picking a good source of inspiration.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Ariana beating Mariah at her own game. Her power.

The original is close to being replaced.

Cynosure

exactly.
It's funny how Xtina's haters have to pretend they don't have any faves that aren't commercially successful.

I don't have have a single fave that is shit on stage or too haggard for her age.

tumblr_m8p16yfSUn1r50rexo2_250.png

Bladenic

J.Lord is a single's artist tbh. And, as of right now, Legend X is a feature artist. I'm just hoping they make good music in 2013 cause the other girls don't seem to want to release anything...

Speaking of which, who has new music they want to share? *.*

Is she though? She had one huge hit with On The Floor, her first in years. Then Dance Again was a minor hit in the US (but I think it smashed globally idk). And now Live It Up is flopping. She makes bops for sure though.

As for X, Tengo Ganas De Ti is a really nice song. I like it.

And bye at coming for Ariana. Building a career on emulating Mariah? It's one fucking song. Her first single too if I'm not mistaken. Just because she has a nice voice and sound similar to The Cow herself doesn't mean shit. At least I can understand everything Ariana says in her song unlike needing to google lyrics to most of Mariah's discography (post Honey anyway).

royalan

Mariah in a new movie as a damn field slave.
article-2340154-1A45C38F000005DC-576_634x421_zps703de25b.jpg

Hollywood thinks even Mariah looks more black than Beyonce or forehead?
ed2305b7_zpsf97fde45.png

and a better actress as well

omg

I don't know how I missed this, but I am ROLLING ON THE FUCKING FLOOR SCREAMING.

Gurls, this is thread-worthy.

Bladenic

Speaking of Kelly, is she going full country next album? Doesn't she have a new country single coming? I guess she's trying country since Basics Like Me flopped.

Aguila

#ICONIC
ZOMBIE MODEL INDIE PRINCESS SKY FERREIRA IS FINALLY COMING

So it’s hard to explain?
I mean it’s all over the place. But I guess it’s ten up-tempo songs, all still pretty electronic, although for some reason it comes across more pop-rocky live. I’m still trying to make it sound more like the record when we play it, which hopefully will get done because I have some shows coming up pretty soon. I’ve actually just been finishing the artwork for the album, it’s simple, but intense. There’s not much to it. but there is a lot to it. Does that make sense? Probably not. You just have to see it.

So you have creative control over the artwork and the whole aesthetic?
Yeah I have full creative control over everything actually. That’s very important to me. I just don’t have control of the budget, annoyingly. I said to my label, “I want to make a video for every song on this album, that’s my goal.” They said I could make two big budget videos, but I was like, “No, we’re going to need a video for every single track.” So that’s what we’re doing I think.

Maybe you should just do a Miley Cyrus [hairstyle]?
No way. You would have to pay me a lot of money, no thank you, forget it. Or like an Amanda Bynes? You know everyone thinks she’s going crazy, but I think she secretly might just be the greatest actress that ever lived and this whole thing is just really smart.

So what can we expect next from you?
I’m filming a music video in the next few weeks, then I have shows in London—some surprise performance situations which I can’t talk about—then I’m doing Pitchfork Festival in July. Oh and I’m turning 21, so there’s that. I want to throw some big Kim Kardashian-style party. Like hire out a huge club and have all the girls from Jersey Shore there.

x

i9o2nP6fB7P9y.gif

She's really going to split her video budget to make videos for all of her tracks tho? I'd rather have two great videos than a bunch of crap ones :/

Aguila

#ICONIC
A full album of Everything is Embarrassing quality songs please. That would slay.

She said she didn't make more songs like EIE because she didn't want to take the sound that Blood Orange/Solange kind of own now. Too bad tbh, but I still believe it will slay.

ch...been waiting for you're not the one longer than grown woman

i'm done with ha until she releases it

Soooooooon.

Sky is going to flop in every facet imaginable. It's all she knows.

She has smash potential tho. And that's what matters.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
"When you listen to the Miley Cyrus record that we did, it's not ratchet but it definitely has a lot of urban feel to it," Timothy said. "She was like, 'I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black.'”

Miley...
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Trigger

"When you listen to the Miley Cyrus record that we did, it's not ratchet but it definitely has a lot of urban feel to it," Timothy said. "She was like, 'I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black.'”

Miley...
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

0lVImRD.gif

At least she was being honest.

Bladenic

Miley...

Okay now THIS is try-hard. Miley sis...

Aguila

#ICONIC
Not really. I've yet to see or hear anything unique from her.
I do like One though

Have you listened to You're Not The One? It feels like the kind of pop/rock song you'd sing loudly to on a car ride.
25793bfd.gif

One is great, but the snippets of the songs from her failed albums did not sound good. I'm glad she's flopped so far tbh.

Yado

Miley...
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

ibgXPDE1O8uftd.gif

This is precisely why I'm not here for her shenanigans.

Edit: I feel like I've given Sky a fair shot, she hasn't proven herself to be worthy of any hype or anticipation.

Kyon

Banned
Let me channel XBeyOner stans for a sec

Ke$ha: Britney Spears is pop royalty
Britney Spears is the cause of huge admiration and praise among the new generation of female artists including Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Lana del rey, among others, and of course singer Ke$ha is not the exception.

Ke$ha answered questions from her fans and was asked for Britney Spears once again, she said:

"She’s amazing; she’s pop royalty. I remember “Baby One More Time.” Amazing. Video? Amazing. Obsessed. Who’s not obsessed with her? It was such an incredible moment in my career to have one of the biggest icons in the planet sing words I wrote, as a song writer it was a very humbling moment.”

The admiration starts at 11:05.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7vVBJQVzLqQ#t=663s

tumblr_mngartHKqe1r4mn9fo1_500.gif

Too bad Brit doesn't know ha RIP
ab6d3f1c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom