• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
"omg christina actually looks presentable! slayyy"

iTNuxpTDBUKec.gif

I'm just glad to see her look so content and comfortable. She doesn't need another album right this second, what she needed was to get to get her mojo back so if she's on her way to getting that then I'm happy.

Was I the key to the fighters getting their mojo back? Coz I've always stanned Christina, was just giving all my air time to that touring bitch who don't believe in albums anymore

Drunk rn

Koodo

Banned
I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope that this was an off night in what's looking to be her real attempt at a comeback/makeover.
Were you a jury member in OJ's trial? It's almost as if the PCAs, AMAs, BBMAs, numerous The Voice performances and the last handful of years didn't happen.

It's time to check the sundial and accept that the curtain came down permanently on those vocal chords, among other things.

goodbyefxqlj.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Were you a jury member in OJ's trial? It's almost as if the PCAs, AMAs, BBMAs, numerous The Voice performances and the last handful of years didn't happen.

It's time to check the sundial and accept that the curtain came down permanently on those vocal chords, among other things.

goodbyefxqlj.gif

NO LIE.

I see the Xtunas only talking about how she doesn't look like a whale but that performance left A LOT to be desired from the 'voice of our generation'. And I dare someone to reply to my post defending how she sounded without using the word "Rihanna".

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This is my favourite performance of Xtinas
Timeless bop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is my favourite performance of Xtinas
Timeless bop

I rag on Xtuna a lot and I think that the look for Dirrty was :biblio: in the extreme, but the song definitely has swagger, which is a lot more than can be said about anything she's put out recently.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I rag on Xtuna a lot and I think that the look for Dirrty was :biblio: in the extreme, but the song definitely has swagger, which is a lot more than can be said about anything she's put out recently.

I remember when the video used to come on tv and the thirst from me and my friends was some next level shit

ibqBfU1n5mNyv9.gif

royalan

NO LIE.

I see the Xtunas only talking about how she doesn't look like a whale but that performance left A LOT to be desired from the 'voice of our generation'. And I dare someone to reply to my post defending how she sounded without using the word "Rihanna".

People thought Xtina would never lose the weight.

She's looking better than ever.

I have faith in The Legend of the United States. This is just part one of the comeback; The Voice will return, too.

Besides, in the past few years Christina has given good performances at the oddest times. How she sounds seems to be a matter of how much she prepares.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So now even the Fighters admit that her appearance is more important than her quote-unquote 'artistry'. RIP.

botty

Banned
How unfortunate that the Legend has taken away the thing those pressed haters used against her for so long. I guess we'll only be hearing vocal complaints from now on since we've reached as far as we can. Maybe the Legend will take that away from them, too.

ifGqNwajJRorH.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How unfortunate that the Legend has taken away the thing those pressed haters used against her for so long. I guess we'll only be hearing vocal complaints from now on since we've reached as far as we can. Maybe the Legend will take that away from them, too.

ifGqNwajJRorH.gif

She already took her vocals away tho.

botty

Banned
She already took her vocals away tho.

Uh...if she avoided any screeching high notes, and stuck with a proper technique in her lower to mid register she wouldn't get as much...or any complaints. Her voice isn't as damaged as you think.

Vazra

Uh...if she avoided any screeching high notes, and stuck with a proper technique in her lower to mid register she wouldn't get as much...or any complaints. Her voice isn't as damaged as you think.

I usually sound like a hater but I do like Xtina the thing is that over the years it seems she is fucking up her vocals (Bionic times maybe a bit before it) and I wished she tried less oversinging, balance her shit out and try to practice more her shit. She is not really giving a lot of shit lately for her singing which might be affecting her later or sooner than we think.

botty

Banned
I usually sound like a hater but I do like Xtina the thing is that over the years it seems she is fucking up her vocals (Bionic times maybe a bit before it) and I wished she tried less oversinging, balance her shit out and try to practice more her shit. She is not really giving a lot of shit lately for her singing which might be affecting her later or sooner than we think.

Uh...Christina has been doing the oversinging thing since she was a little girl. Her vocals just had a lot of endurance, and so it wasn't until around the B2B era where we saw the effects of that...

Actually, no. Xtina has the best voice in the world. Seethe pressed haters.

royalan

I won't defend the vocal other than to say that (other than some live renditions of Ain't No Other Legend) uptempo have always given her trouble.

But I wouldn't say her voice is gone. It's still there, you can hear it peeking out in the occasional ballad performance.

It's just going to involve her making the conscious decision touring it back, much like her decision to drop the weight. I have faith in the Queen.

Until then, I wish she wouldn't be so against lip syncing.

Vazra

Uh...Christina has been doing the oversinging thing since she was a little girl. Her vocals just had a lot of endurance, and so it wasn't until around the B2B era where we saw the effects of that...

You just admitted her having problems. Bless you.

Aguilera oversings but the thing has gotten worse over the years. At the beginning it wasn't as grating as it is now or should I get all her vocal fail videos?

Christina Aguilera learning from Beyonce?
4p0Y7.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That Christina performance was singularly awful and indefensibly bad. Good Lord.
goodbyefxqlj.gif

I can't at how lazy our stanning is getting after 6 OTs.
deadbananatree.png

Mumei

I won't defend the vocal other than to say that (other than some live renditions of Ain't No Other Legend) uptempo have always given her trouble.

But I wouldn't say her voice is gone. It's still there, you can hear it peeking out in the occasional ballad performance.

It's just going to involve her making the conscious decision touring it back, much like her decision to drop the weight. I have faith in the Queen.

You have faith? Her technique is essentially the same as it has always been; the reason she sounds like shit all the time now is because of her vocal damage. She was able to get by on the Power of Youth (tm) and her natural good tone in the middle range of her voice until recent years. Maybe if she magically developed, I don't know, discipline and respect for her craft she'd still be able to sound respectable in spite of her damage, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's going to take place after almost fifteen years.

Vazra

You have faith? Her technique is essentially the same as it has always been; the reason she sounds like shit all the time now is because of her vocal damage. She was able to get by on the Power of Youth (tm) and her natural good tone in the middle range of her voice until recent years. Maybe if she magically developed, I don't know, discipline and respect for her craft she'd still be able to sound respectable in spite of her damage, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's going to take place after almost fifteen years.

My Little Mumei: Reading is Magic(tm)

Trigger

This clockinG

RU4pPe6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom