• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ties

Banned
OMG OMG OMG

STANDING ON THE SUN'S CHORUS WITH SIA'S ORIGINAL DEMO VOCALS

God, now I NEED this song with her. Perfection.

Sia's streak of "Trick you didn't do it better than me remains unbroken".
I thought you didn't care, sis?

ioHDdyxTNLsZt.gif

Trigger

I kinda expect a full demo to be better than that small bit. Her demo of Blank Page is just as good as the studio version IMO.

botty

Banned
The song clearly isn't put together as well as the Beyonce version. But you can clearly tell that Sia's voice is better on it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you weren't so quick to clock, and you actually put your education to use, I said I agreed that I don't like her on this song, and she should stick to writing. That has NOTHING to do with "Titanium".

Sit.

Your post says that she should stick to 'that', being, writing. The post you were responding to says that Sia should 'just write'.

In what sense do either of these posts refer to Standing on the Sun?

Neither do. The implication being that she should 'just write' IN GENERAL.

If you were one of my students and your intention REALLY WERE that she should just write Standing on the Sun, I would have marked you down for your sloppy writing and ambiguous phrasing.

DismissedT.

Nemesis_

DESTINY'S CHILD UPDATES

"I'm still putting stuff together for Beyonce's album," he said. "They're still trying to figure out what they want that to be, which I'm not mad at. Beyonce's the kind of artist where you're not gonna see it till it's right. And her fans -- they love her so they'll be patient."

Beyonce has been hard at work on her fifth album ever since secret songwriting sessions began last summer in the Hamptons, where writers and producers like Ryan Tedder, The-Dream, Greg Kurstin, Sia and others stayed for over a week to write and collaborate on potential tracks. Though no official single has yet to be released, snippets of songs like "Grown Woman" and "Standing On The Sun" have premiered in ads for Pepsi and H&M, respectively, while another Sia track "Rise Up" recently appeared on the soundtrack for animated movie "Epic." Ne-Yo and Beyonce are best known for making magic with 2007's Hot 100 No. 1 "Irreplacable."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-album-theyre-still-trying-to-figure-out-what

I hope Kelly Rowland has a warm jacket and a torch. It must be cold there in Beyonce‘s shadow and the hapless diva isn’t going anywhere soon if the predicted first week sales tally of Talk A Good Game is any indication. The deeply personal album has garnered positive reviews from critics but is still only expected to sell 60,000 – 65,000 copies this week. To put things into perspective, Queen B sold 300,000+ copies of 4 in its first seven days of release.

Perhaps that’s an unfair comparison but Talk A Good Game will, most likely, sell considerably less than recent albums by fellow R&B divas Fantasia and Keyshia Cole, who managed 91,000 and 96,000 respectively. A first week sales tally of 65,000 copies would be the lowest of Kelly’s career – even less than 2011′s Here I Am, which sold 77,000 copies. There is some good news. The underselling opus is set for a top 10 debut, Kelly’s third in a row.

So what went wrong? This was supposed to be the new X Factor judge’s moment to shine. “Dirty Laundry” proved that Rowland is a multifaceted artist, while “I Remember” is a reminder that Kelly still reigns supreme on the dancefloor. The most obvious cause of the album’s first-week failure is the lack of a hit single. “Kisses Down Low” stalled at number 72, while promising tracks like “Street Life” and “Gone” haven’t been officially released yet.

Don’t despair, Rowland Stones. The child of destiny has a tonne of promo on the horizon and will no doubt keep soldiering on until something sticks. Most importantly, numbers don’t change the fact that Talk A Good Game is a very, very good album.

http://idolator.com/7465262/kelly-rowland-sales-disappointment

I didn't really like Dirty Laundry, I felt like it was a limp dick effort where she kind of danced around her topic rather than actually approach it. I will listen to the album on Spotify or something before blind buying it (the last album I bought was Yeezus FWIW) if it has some dancefloor bops but yeah. >_> Poor Kelly.

Nemesis_

Ew this Pitch Perfect movie is shit. Not even Anna Kendrick's hotness can save it.

I don't know what you went in expecting, but I knew it was trash when my younger, Glee watching cousins were lapping it up.

and Rebel Wilson's I'M SO FAT HOW FUNNY ARE FAT PEOPLE schtick is so tired already. It's, like, all she did in Australia before she got big (I mean, like, famous >_>)

Kyon

Banned
I don't know what you went in expecting, but I knew it was trash when my younger, Glee watching cousins were lapping it up.

and Rebel Wilson's I'M SO FAT HOW FUNNY ARE FAT PEOPLE schtick is so tired already. It's, like, all she did in Australia before she got big (I mean, like, famous >_>)

haTer MORE *raven.gif*

Bladenic

People said it was funny even for guys but it was really a more raunchy Glee set in college. Yuck.

And I always though Rebel Wilson was from the UK RIP

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We Can't Stop #26 before video release, #9 after

iblAG8WKV5bQ5k.gif

I dont know why but every time I see the effect of a music
video on sales I am reminded when someone here maybe in OT 1
or 2 told me they had no impact, suck it person i dont remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom