• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
iQc6FMw1OdIx1.gif

Bye she is not. If she was in the album buying business, shed have made sure 4 outsold TTT WW.

Review: Justin Timberlake Follows In MJ’s Footsteps On ‘Take Back The Night’

Link: http://www.vibe.com/article/review-justin-timberlake-follows-mjs-footsteps-take-back-night

We are living in brazenly ironic times, ladies and gentlemen. The historically woeful Pittsburgh Pirates are in spitting distance of first place, Hanna Montana has unwittingly unleashed twerking onto the mainstream, and the best R&B acts on the planet TODAY are white. Yes, that latter notion seems a bit over-the-top, but stay with the kid. While the headlining likes of Rihanna, Usher, Ne-Yo, and Chris Brown have not totally abandoned their rhythm and blues roots, their material—beyond the occasional soulful gem like “Fine China”—have over the last few years worshipped more at the altar of Euro-pop king David Guetta than Marvin Gaye or Mary J. Blige. Maybe this is the reason why Justin Timberlake’s latest musical salvo “Take Back The Night” is so jarring.

Nothing here is particularly groundbreaking. JT and long-time producer Timbaland are once again channeling their inner Michael Jackson on the second installment of The 20/20 Experience. But this is no mere homage. The groove is lush, sexy, intoxicating, and at times obnoxiously infectious. “Take back the night, take back the night/They gon’ try to shut us down/I’ll be damned if we gon’ let them…” the Memphis crooner sings over the type of a horn-accented floor burner that seems like it came straight out of early Jheri curl '80s R&B radio when S.O.L.A.R. Records was killing the game. There’s the prerequisite break down (“And the horn say!”) and the type of euphoric in-the-hood crowd chants that puts you in the mind of sweaty house party throwdowns. This is barebones, straight-no-chaser good stuff.

Of course you are tempted to point out that the blue-eyed soul king coronation that has been showered on Timberlake has been of the egregious variety. Certainly Miguel has more than held up the end of the deal and the seemingly unstoppable R. Kelly is still going strong when he's not singing to pre-recorded tapes. But between “Take Back The Night,” Robin Thicke’s no. 1 backyard barbecue anthem “Blurred Lines” and JoJo’s criminally slept on mixtape Agape, the elephant in the room is doing the electric slide. While you break down that metaphoric image, turn the music up. Way up. —Keith Murphy
Just listened to it. I ain't even mad.
i0RAw5zaAJMX0.gif

Koodo

Banned
Justink is a repulsive hack and his latest song is shit. All these boys attempting disco as of late are redefining TIRED, putting out songs that seem more like a child playing dress-up in their parents' wardrobe than an actual creative effort to rejuvenate that dead genre.

Madonna remains dewigging these odorous flaccid penises with her 8-year-old electro-disco magnum opus. That was an actual attempt at recreating disco for the 21st century rather than just copy pasting DEAD PEOPLE's careers.

5 Lotus out of 5.

botty

Banned
Justink is a repulsive hack and his latest song is shit. All these boys attempting disco as of late are redefining TIRED, putting out songs that seem more like a child playing dress-up in their parents' wardrobe than an actual creative effort to rejuvenate that dead genre.

Madonna remains dewigging these odorous flaccid penises with her 8-year-old electro-disco magnum opus. That was an actual attempt at recreating disco for the 21st century rather than just copy pasting DEAD PEOPLE's careers.

5 Lotus out of 5.

Not a lie spotted.

iF0x2CgruQzbw.gif

Kyon

Banned
If the alternative is Hillary Duff or hussies in transparent Jigsaw masks, I'm good.
iWSK0eKS7c7WX.gif

GIVE INNNNNNNNNNNNNN

5 Lotus out of 5.

Where is the damn lie?

cory64

5 Lotus out of 5.

And she wasn't even really trying with Confessions compared to all of her previous albums, that masterpiece just came naturally to her.

royalan

Just listened to it. I ain't even mad.
i0RAw5zaAJMX0.gif

Why am I not surprised?

I hate articles about JT's new music. Why? Because nearly ALL of them contain a line or two that goes a little something like this:

"Nothing here is particularly groundbreaking."

Oh, word?

It's just so telling. Just so fucking obvious that I wish one of these reviewers would have the balls to say what they so clearly WANT to say: "Sure, JT's music's not that hot. Kinda dull, actually. BUT, he IS the biggest star doing R&B right now and, seeing as I write for a major publication, of course I'm not going to waste time giving shine to some underground acts that are actually making some next-level shit. So here, kick off your shoes and relax your feet while I spit some bullshit about how JT's new music is simultaneously the best thing I've ever heard and completely fucking mediocre."

Also, I think it's fucking hilarious that this guy tried to make a point about all the hot R&B coming from white artists these days (not that it should matter), but then completely fails to mention Janelle Monae, who took a huge dump on ALL of the 20/20 Experience with a single track.

Trigger

5 Lotus out of 5.

kiiiiii

Also, I think it's fucking hilarious that this guy tried to make a point about all the hot R&B coming from white artists these days (not that it should matter), but then completely fails to mention Janelle Monae, who took a huge dump on ALL of the 20/20 Experience with a single track.

Q.U.E.E.N. was hot, but any momentum she had, R&B wise, was ruined by that spastic Dance Apocalyptic tripe, IMO.

Diplo On Beyonce's 'Scrapped' Album: Producer Clarifies Remarks, Saying He Was Only Referring To One Song
Diplo wants to clarify that Beyonce's forthcoming album is not, in fact, dead in the water -- because that's kind of what he implied on Thursday.

"I just did two songs for her new album, well, I tried. I think she scrapped the record," the producer/DJ told The Sun, leading some to believe he meant the entire album. "The record was supposed to be done and they have been hitting me up for brand-new ideas."

But don't worry, BeyHive: Diplo took to Twitter to ensure that your goddess is not starting over from scratch.
iUbw3RwaUwSup.png
is32q0QANxGjg.gif

Yado

Total BS.

If he was referring to one song WHY would he say he just completed two tracks for the album? And then follow that up with "I get called in to fix records."

Diplo's got an illuminati pistol aimed at his head as we speak...hopefully they make him clean his toilet while they're at it.

It seems like he did two tracks, they got him to mess around with them a little more, apparently didn't like them after all and consulted him about more songs. I don't get how this is confusing.

royalan

It seems like he did two tracks, they got him to mess around with them a little more, apparently didn't like them after all and consulted him about more songs. I don't get how this is confusing.

Because he's now claiming that he meant one song when he used the word "record." Which, yeah, would make sense if he didn't earlier refer to attempting to make TWO songs for the album.

It's only confusing if you have an agenda.
i3OIwAgpRgiEb.gif

Don't let em tell you they don't.

Nemesis_

You guys really think the same team that tried t get photos of Beyonce taken down for being unflattering also wouldn't make Diplo quickly retract his statement?

bye

Kyon

Banned
igAZ15fOo7WHb.png

Kiiiiiii @ ONE song then he said TRACKS as in more than ONE.

The Beysts Illuminati Ninjas really did get their kunai on his throat

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

But The Sun was the source yet again.

Illuminati got Ha!

ahh.gif

The Sun was the source for the original quote, ("I just did two songs for her new album, well, I tried. I think she scrapped the record," the producer/DJ told The Sun) and you were awfully quick to believe it then.
ibmNIx67syZydh.gif

Yado

Because he's now claiming that he meant one song when he used the word "record." Which, yeah, would make sense if he didn't earlier refer to attempting to make TWO songs for the album.

He’s been in touch with us on Twitter to say “one song was scrapped and that’s the one I worked on” so bear that in mind when you read the following five paragraphs.
“I just did two songs for her new album, well, I tried,” he explained. “I think she scrapped the record song
But why do you think that Mr Diplo?
“The record song was supposed to be done and they have been hitting me up for brand new ideas,” he continued, before adding pointedly: “I like to work from scratch, (but) sometimes I get called in to fix records songs

I'm not sure why you would think Diplo would be privy to information about the state of Beyonce's album. Quite often producers don't even know if their song is going to make the final cut or not.

royalan

I'm not sure why you would think Diplo would be privy to information about the state of Beyonce's album. Quite often producers don't even know if their song is going to make the final cut or not.

Didn't he just say he gets called in to fix records?

Pretty much implies he knows SOMETHING about 5 is broken.

Didn't he just say he gets called in to fix records?

Pretty much implies he knows SOMETHING about 5 is broken.

One would assume that since he's talking about the songs he submitted, that he's also talking about "fixing" his songs as well. But don't let that get in the way of you inferring facts not in evidence.
ibeOYK1YXRTQzb.gif

American Idol season eight runner-up Adam Lambert was being asked by his label, RCA Records, to consider recording an all covers album elicited an impassioned response from the legions of Glamberts worldwide. And it wasn't a positive one.

In what was a loud and fairly unanimous outcry, the rocker's fans took to social media, this site and popular American Idol debate destination MJs Big Blog to voice their distaste for the idea. The consensus for the most part being: that Lambert is an artist with his own musical vision who should be allowed to explore it to the fullest.

Now, THR can report, Lambert will be doing just that. The singer is walking away from his RCA contract after two full length albums, 2012's Trespassing and 2009's For Your Entertainment, along with several EPs and a live collection -- all issued by the Sony Music label.
x
iblLPm8U2vWA2Y.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Interesting. He's always sort of bugged me, so I don't particularly care one way or another. It does explain why he's heading over to Glee though.

That being said, Whataya Want From Me is a pretty great song. P!nk's impacT. <3

botty

Banned
Enough talk about the demonic beyst from the 4th gate of hell.

Vocal goddess and music legend, Xtina will be performing in one of the early episodes of The Voice.

Carson Daly &#8207;@CarsonDaly 8h
“@rachelmcrady: @CarsonDaly What's the best thing @xtina has done on #TheVoice so far?” Salsa dance w one of the contestants....shhh

Not her going back to her latina roots this year.

PvEUmpq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom