• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When she was being pushed by a label she had some measure of success (although not a lot) with Show Me Love.

But since she changed direction with Robyn she's clearly been pretty happy with scalping everyone else's faves on the down low. And that's fine by me, it means I can get a ticket to see my fave for £20 at a Roundhouse positively packed with hot gay guys, push my way past the friendly beefcake to the front and get my life to the best pop music of the past decade.

Yeah, in a way you're right but it's a damn shame more of the general public will probably never even hear of Robyn. Oh well, their loss.

Trigger

jbeFKmoP9uyIN0.png

nnnnnn

Poor Pitbull. It's his song.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I still remember the day that Robyn went number 1 in the UK with Every Heartbeat.
I was baffled how a song from someone I'd never heard of, that I'd never heard on the radio and had never seen the video on a music channel managed to sneak its way to the top spot
And this was a time when all I did was listen to the radio and watch music channels

My mum stanned (stans?) her though

I kept thinking your avatar was Zayn and Marius had a Zayn avatar I think
But now hes a masked egg so idk

botty

Banned
My avatar is Dave Gahan, the front man of Depeche Mode.

anyway, this is an apparent leak of Mariah's Album cover which was supposed to be releasing soon.

She looks like the goddess Aphrodite.

Dear Popgaf,
For almost a year I've heard you say that I Am Sasha Fierce was an awful album. I should have known better. But I listened to you. Surprising no one, when I finally listen to it, outside of that Single Ladies garbage, I love it. I guess it's time to go back to all the universally hated, by popgaf, albums and get my life.
I'm not listening to Bionic or Lotus again.
With all due respect,
not much
<+)O Robido O(+>

PS: I'm so glad that Videophone didn't have a featured artist on the album version, its so much better without it.
iN3fstsnaPaQO.gif

Wait... this is your first time listening??

Ignore what POP-GAF says, Sasha Fierce is great. All the up-tempo tracks are fun, quirky and the production value's through the roof (what's more cleverly endearing than Radio or Ego? What's campier than Hello?), and the slower fare is understated and elegant. A LOT of indie rock influences (especially Alanis) on the "I Am" side and the overall production is very cohesive throughout. Everything blends together well.

I think it veered more toward pop-R&B than the urban-R&B that she was running with before so people weren't that hammy about it. It's still a well-fucking-done record and it remains better than 90% of the cold baked potatoes that ya'lls faves churn out every 3 months.

SaintZ

My avatar is Dave Gahan, the front man of Depeche Mode.
I thought it was someone from game of thrones oop.
Anyway, more pictures from the Rock n Roll video
A dog is driving a car, there's aliens and Avril is holding a paper with Star Wars pictures in it. This is giving me Mad Max/C'mon/Hot teas tbh and I'm perched for this mess.

i2zzudcsgfrkblibba.gif

Dear Popgaf,
For almost a year I've heard you say that I Am Sasha Fierce was an awful album. I should have known better. But I listened to you. Surprising no one, when I finally listen to it, outside of that Single Ladies garbage, I love it. I guess it's time to go back to all the universally hated, by popgaf, albums and get my life.
I'm not listening to Bionic or Lotus again.
With all due respect,
not much
<+)O Robido O(+>

PS: I'm so glad that Videophone didn't have a featured artist on the album version, its so much better without it.
iN3fstsnaPaQO.gif

Well, Sweet Dreams alone makes the Fierce album better than 4, even though popgaf likes repeating how stellar 4 is.

So yeah, I've found that it's better to just go listen to the music yourself instead of taking other's word for it. And if you must, try to find the popgaffers that have a similar style you enjoy instead of following the "general opinion".

Well, Sweet Dreams alone makes the Fierce album better than 4, even though popgaf likes repeating how stellar 4 is.

So yeah, I've found that it's better to just go listen to the music yourself instead of taking other's word for it. And if you must, try to find the popgaffers that have a similar style you enjoy instead of following the "general opinion".

This I can agree with. I usually only click Mumei's links because he appreciates singers more so than production, and that's definitely what i'm here for.
inb4 Rihanna shade.
I must say that this is the first group of gays I've encountered that didn't go in for vocalists.
ibwQnCmJe4arMJ.gif

Yado

ibpb1zbUlocyCW.gif

This is why I avoided that ALunaGeorge album like the plague. Some people just aren't to be trusted.

The Sasha Fierce tracks are the only ones worth listening to on that album. Where's Rob getting the "universally hated" from?

Smash Into You? Halo? Disappear? Broken Hearted Girl?

All great tracks.

And everyone took a collective shit on Sasha Fierce a few pages ago. It was intense. Mostly Kyon's work though if I recall. lol

yeah there is no universal hate. Just a universal understanding that everything after B'Day is worse than everything before.

Not in my universe. I can't relate to anyone who's listened to all her albums like I have to say that the first two albums are better than the latter two. But I guess your universe is just looking for different things than I am. ;P

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just bought some euromillions tickets because my nan harassed me to.
When I win and book Gaga for a personal show, I shall send her your love and make sure to emphasise Rob's adoration.

May the odds ever be in my favour

iso5H4vC3qeUZ.gif

botty

Banned
Not in my universe. I can't relate to anyone who's listened to all her albums like I have to say that the first two albums are better than the latter two. But I guess your universe is just looking for different things than I am. ;P

What exactly are you looking for? B'Day is Beyonce's best work to date and it offers pretty much everything that the other albums try to offer. Also, B'Day gave Beyonce her biggest radio smash hit in Irreplaceable, her most cohesive and stylized era, a string of global top 10s, and has sold more than the other two albums.

royalan

What exactly are you looking for? B'Day is Beyonce's best work to date and it offers pretty much everything that the other albums try to offer. Also, B'Day gave Beyonce her biggest radio smash hit in Irreplaceable, her most cohesive and stylized era, a string of global top 10s, and has sold more than the other two albums.

Sis, you're arguing with the same people who think that, because 4 is full of sleepy-ass ballads and mid-tempos, it's "deep" and "introspective."

Personally, in the war going on in Bey's mind, I hope Sasha Fierce ultimately wins out. SASHA is fun. SASHA knows a bop when she hears it. B'Day is what happens when SASHA goes into the studio.

There was only one "stylized era" that Beyonce had and it was Sasha Fierce. She doesn't do era-wide styles typically but that was the only album where she had a pretty consistent visual and aesthetic. What I'm looking for is song and album quality, and how the songs mesh together as a unit. I agree that B'Day had the most accessible tracks but that's not something I would vouch for as having quality. Rather, it's her most radio-friendly record but, like The Fame, it feels like it focuses too much on making sure each single stands out rather than making all the songs fit together as an album. B'Day is obviously amazing (hell I rated it like 3rd or 4th best pop album from that list I made) but what appeals to me about Sasha Fierce and 4 in ways that her first two records don't is that I can sit back and listen to IASF and 4 from beginning to end without needing to skip a track. That's a mark of a well-done record; even if some songs are obviously better than others, I would feel certain value to be lost from the overall experience if I skip a single song. With B'Day and DIL I can just chop off half the album and it's still just B'Day and DIL. With the other two I wouldn't want to take anything out.

The Sasha Fierce tracks are the only ones worth listening to on that album. Where's Rob getting the "universally hated" from?
(rant)
It's hard to separate what's fact from fiction around here when apparently some of us engage in incendiary tactics with the express intention of causing controversy and try to get people banned. I'd like to believe all of us are genuine, but recent events have illuminated that this is not the case. It does the community no favors to condone such actions and I'm ashamed of all of you. (/rant) lol

ie57mWfaw4MeJ.gif

That being said, the prevailing opinion is the Bidet is the bomb, IASF is shit, 4 is a flop and DIL is oft forgotten.

botty said:
I found Bidet to be rushed and unfocused. DIL, IASF, and 4, imho, are far more cohesive as albums.

royalan said:
Sis, you're arguing with the same people who think that, because 4 is full of sleepy-ass ballads and mid-tempos, it's "deep" and "introspective."

Personally, in the war going on in Bey's mind, I hope Sasha Fierce ultimately wins out. SASHA is fun. SASHA knows a bop when she hears it. B'Day is what happens when SASHA goes into the studio.
You young gays are weird.

... What I'm looking for is song and album quality, and how the songs mesh together as a unit. I agree that B'Day had the most accessible tracks but that's not something I would vouch for as having quality. ...it feels like it focuses too much on making sure each single stands out rather than making all the songs fit together as an album. ...but what appeals to me about Sasha Fierce and 4 in ways that her first two records don't is that I can sit back and listen to IASF and 4 from beginning to end without needing to skip a track. That's a mark of a well-done record; even if some songs are obviously better than others, I would feel certain value to be lost from the overall experience if I skip a single song.

ITA

.With B'Day and DIL I can just chop off half the album and it's still just B'Day and DIL. With the other two I wouldn't want to take anything out.
Not too much on DIL, boo.

cory64

You're wishing that Bey lets her multiple personality disorder go without proper psychiatric treatment? Vicious.

Matt_

Completely agree
Upbeat bey is best bey

You're wishing that Bey lets her multiple personality disorder go without proper psychiatric treatment? Vicious.

It's all part of the plan
imsHqkMJWeh1b.gif

botty

Banned
There was only one "stylized era" that Beyonce had and it was Sasha Fierce. She doesn't do era-wide styles typically but that was the only album where she had a pretty consistent visual and aesthetic. What I'm looking for is song and album quality, and how the songs mesh together as a unit. I agree that B'Day had the most accessible tracks but that's not something I would vouch for as having quality. Rather, it's her most radio-friendly record but, like The Fame, it feels like it focuses too much on making sure each single stands out rather than making all the songs fit together as an album. B'Day is obviously amazing (hell I rated it like 3rd or 4th best pop album from that list I made) but what appeals to me about Sasha Fierce and 4 in ways that her first two records don't is that I can sit back and listen to IASF and 4 from beginning to end without needing to skip a track. That's a mark of a well-done record; even if some songs are obviously better than others, I would feel certain value to be lost from the overall experience if I skip a single song. With B'Day and DIL I can just chop off half the album and it's still just B'Day and DIL. With the other two I wouldn't want to take anything out.

All Beyonce did was divide her album into mid tempos and up tempos. And even then that is where the cohesive thought ends for "I am... Sasha fierce." And yeah, Beyonce doesn't do era wide styles, because B'Day was the only one. Bey went in with a set time era, sound, and look and went with it until she segued into the hybrid "Dream Girls/B'Day" era and started the whole ballad stuff. And I wouldn't call this album the most "radio friendly," considering Dangerously In Love is clearly the GOAT album: first single is a booty shaking anthem, then we have her doing a collab with Sean Paul at his peak and the height of the dancehall craze. Most of the tracks are great catchy songs, definitely aimed at the radio. Don't get me wrong it's a good album, but definitely eclipses B'Day in terms of "radio friendly." I didn't know you liked I am... so much. But you have been known to like strange things. xoxo

(rant)
It's hard to separate what's fact from fiction around here when apparently some of us engage in incendiary tactics with the express intention of causing controversy and try to get people banned. I'd like to believe all of us are genuine, but recent events have illuminated that this is not the case. It does the community no favors to condone such actions and I'm ashamed of all of you. (/rant) lol

It is disturbing that people are actively trying to get other members of popgaf banned, but I do wonder if it's not being encouraged. Hmm.

Matt_

Does that date on that thing say the 17th?

botty

Banned
Does that date on that thing say the 17th?

whatever is on that slate was not from the shoot i’m doing currently. I should have removed it before I took the picture. I’m not affiliated with that shoot which is why i took that picture down. It didn’t even occur to me to check what was on it. please delete it from your blog. I don’t want to get anyone in trouble

It's old, so yeah.

All Beyonce did was divide her album into mid tempos and up tempos. And even then that is where the cohesive thought ends for "I am... Sasha fierce." And yeah, Beyonce doesn't do era wide styles, because B'Day was the only one. Bey went in with a set time era, sound, and look and went with it until she segued into the hybrid "Dream Girls/B'Day" era and started the whole ballad stuff. And I wouldn't call this album the most "radio friendly," considering Dangerously In Love is clearly the GOAT album: first single is a booty shaking anthem, then we have her doing a collab with Sean Paul at his peak and the height of the dancehall craze. Most of the tracks are great catchy songs, definitely aimed at the radio. Don't get me wrong it's a good album, but definitely eclipses B'Day in terms of "radio friendly." I didn't know you liked I am... so much. But you have been known to like strange things. xoxo.

Haha, I've been sent on an I Am Sasha Fierce emotional spiral after one of my best friends had her first dance at her wedding to Smash Into You. I was so messy that night. lol

Matt_

Afrojack is hot!
Paris has excellent taste

It is disturbing that people are actively trying to get other members of popgaf banned, but I do wonder if it's not being encouraged. Hmm.
Oh it was. There was collusion behind the scenes to be as messy as possible and wait for someone to take the bait.
iriA23yLuIBLA.gif

One would think we could comport ourselves as adults and not engage in despicable behavior.
Afrojack is hot!
Paris has excellent taste
ishZusxV3LHR9.jpg

Oh, indeed!

botty

Banned
Paris only used AfroJack to get into the danceclub music scene and for free production. They were only together for like half a year and then she moved on to a international model.

Oh it was. There was collusion behind the scenes to be as messy as possible and wait for someone to take the bait.
iriA23yLuIBLA.gif

One would think we could comport ourselves as adults and not engage in despicable behavior.

True, but these are the people we associate with. So who are we to judge.

i7zmPSrZZvzH8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom