• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the RT and Metacritic score for Batman V Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty worried about the Wonder Woman solo. The talent they have behind that is...not great.

I'm expecting something on the level of Thor or some shit. Don't have high hopes for that or aquaman. They'll be more or less on the level of the average mcu movie imo. Tho I'm really intrigued about aquaman for the under the sea aspect at least

That has me curious. It's fairly untouched in film let alone this genre.

I think dcu will basically be on the mcu level with the exception of the bat verse stuff like Suicide Squad and afflecks solo which will punch high. Like if they let the batman movie get extremely dark it will be refreshing as hell. Plus that joker in suicide squad's trailers already looks like such a nice change of pace from the villains we've been getting.

Timu

Wait a minute, now RT doesn't count the other rotten review as it just says 1 now? What's going on here?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm expecting something on the level of Thor or some shit. Don't have high hopes for that or aquaman. They'll be more or less on the level of the average mcu movie imo. Tho I'm really intrigued about aquaman for the under the sea aspect at least

That has me curious. It's fairly untouched in film let alone this genre.

I think dcu will basically be on the mcu level with the exception of the bat verse stuff like Suicide Squad and afflecks solo which will punch high

Pretty much.
I see WW and all I see is Thor 1. And that shit was horrible.

WB's got the director and actor talent to outclass Marvel's movies in the very near future. Ayer looks like he's got something really special with Suicide Squad. And a Batman movie hit with that patented Affleck Special is at the top of my list of things I want

WB's got the director and actor talent to outclass Marvel's movies in the very near future. Ayer looks like he's got something really special with Suicide Squad. And a Batman movie hit with that patented Affleck Special is at the top of my list of things I want

We'll see how Wan and Patty Jenkins works out. Both WW and Aquaman have screenwriters that are behind some big stinkers.

We'll see how Wan and Patty Jenkins works out. Both WW and Aquaman have screenwriters that are behind some big stinkers.

Jason Fuchs (WW) wrote Pan, which was on the blacklist as one of the best I produced screenplays before it was made, and highly altered from the original screenplay.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Tell me, GAF (those who have seen it). Better than Thor 2? If yes, 65-70 should be doable, right?

In general, WB keep their talent really well treated. From what we know about Disney, talent is secondary to the overall vision they have for Marvel. I'm not saying Marvel don't have some good films under their belt, but they definetly seem to keep directors on a very short leash.

Tell me, GAF (those who have seen it). Better than Thor 2? If yes, 65-70 should be doable, right?

I saw Thor 2 in advance and came off liking it, but that was just a screening high. It's a bad movie. BvS is better just in terms of trying shit and taking risks

I would of said the same but Marvel has Ryan Coogler who's directing Black Panther. If they let him do his thing the movie can definitely turn out great.

Fucking Creed was amazing.

In general, WB keep their talent really well treated. From what we know about Disney, talent is secondary to the overall vision they have for Marvel. I'm not saying Marvel don't have some good films under their belt, but they definetly seem to keep directors on a very short leash.

The vision may be the most important thing, but I can say that aside from maybe thor 2, I can see the influence of the director in almost all of their movies.

There is one notable exception to this.

I would of said the same but Marvel has Ryan Coogler whos directing Black Panther.

Fucking Creed was amazing.

Creed was my favorite movie of the year. Number one with a bullet. And I LOVED Mad Max.

How WB let Coogler bounce to do Black Panther I have no idea.

There is one notable exception to this.

Creed was my favorite movie of the year. Number one with a bullet. And I LOVED Mad Max.

How WB let Coogler bounce to do Black Panther I have no idea.

If it was either between him doing Black Panther or Cyborg. I know I would choose the former.

The vision may be the most important thing, but I can say that aside from maybe thor 2, I can see the influence of the director in almost all of their movies.

I don't know. Iron Man 2 was a travesty in part due to the studio conflicting with the director. Ant man, while fantastic, lost Wright and i distinctly remember Whedon blaming some of AoU's failings on Disney execs.

guek

Banned
Yeah but reviewers pan a lot of good movies (and praise a lot of mediocre ones). Not that I'm saying this is a good movie since I havent seen it yet or that it's even been panned yet. But retroactive criticism has existed forever to correct dumb opinions

A lot of movie gaf is...lmao. RT is like some holy book for them....but only when the percentage backs their opinion on the matter.

You do this exact same thing though. You also act like your opinion is what sets the ongoing narrative. Retroactive criticism encompasses a much broader subject than just putting forth a contrarian opinion. It's inherently a response to previous critiques and often written under the pretext of trying to understand and recognize why the original response is what it was. You post like you're constantly high on your own rhetoric while shutting out any recognition of opposing opinions. That's not discourse, that's you telling people they're wrong and you're right. In other words, get off your high horse.

Top critics reviews still not in.

post-21790-We-have-top-men-working-on-it-Xslz.gif

You do this exact same thing though. You also act like your opinion is what sets the ongoing narrative. Retroactive criticism encompasses a much broader subject than just putting forth a contrarian opinion. It's inherently a response to previous critiques and often written under the pretext of trying to understand and recognize why the original response is what it was. You post like you're constantly high on your own rhetoric while shutting out any recognition of opposing opinions. That's not discourse, that's you telling people they're wrong and you're right. In other words, get off your high horse.

Im super high on my own shit. I've never made any comments to state otherwise.

But nah I don't think I've ever looked at RT or metacritic as a way to bolster my opinion or something. Nor did I say retroactive criticism exists to just offer contrarian opinions.

You need to get off me tho Forreal. When it's not these little spiels about how I rub you the wrong way its some hilarious passive aggression like your last post in that dc thread in community. Chill

Raguel

He does this in every thread. It's annoying

guek

Banned
Im super high on my own shit. I've never made any comments to state otherwise.

But nah I don't think I've ever looked at RT or metacritic as a way to bolster my opinion or something. Nor did I say retroactive criticism exists to just offer contrarian opinions.

I thought I remembered you citing critics for either Fury Road or some of Bryan Singer's work but that might have been someone else.

I thought I remembered you citing critics for either Fury Road or some of Bryan Singer's work but that might have been someone else.

No way. I was happy they were well received but that's more or less it.

But I should elaborate more on my previous comment (and smh at random marvel fan coming out of the woodwork to shit on me, lol). It's cool if people point at reviews actual content to state their case that's normal. And there are some critics who make great points

But more often than not people just post a percentage like that is bound to shut everybody up or something. With blockbusters particularly it's hard to gauge between great and average when everything is practically 75+

Like I honestly found lone Ranger to be the most noteworthy big budget action movie of 2013 and general consensus would say I'm hilariously wrong on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom