• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction: What will the next Microsoft Gaming / Xbox game released on other consoles (currently unannounced)?

What will the next Microsoft Gaming / Xbox game released on other consoles (currently unannounced)?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jaybe

Earlier this year, Microsoft Gaming surprised us with port announcements of their first party studio games for PlayStation and Switch. Since then, nothing from their current roster of released games has been announced except for upcoming games like Indiana Jones and Doom Dark Ages. So what game do you think will be released (not just announced) next that we aren’t already aware of? Will they try to capitalize on the PS5 Pro launch? Will they hold off to early next year to boost a normally slow period? Hold off until the Switch 2?

Last edited:

tommib

They’ll all come eventually.
Climate Change GIF by GIPHY News

Last edited:

rm082e

Of those listed in the poll options, I would expect these to come to PS5 at some point:
  • Starfield (complete edition)
  • MS Flight Simulator 2024
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo Master Chief Collection
  • Ori Blind Forest/ Will of the Wisps
  • Avowed
Also:
  • Perfect Dark
  • Gears of War: E-Day

Three

My guess is Starfield, Avowed and Hellblade. Starfield might not make it out of principle but to me that would be the first if it were to happen.

XXL

Not really. Bethesda games are in a different category than Microsoft IP such a Halo Forza and Gears. Those are the games I’m curious to see if and when they get ported. Once that happens all bets are off.

Halo is coming to PS5.

Jaybe

Why the need to call them "Xbox games"? Especially games like Starfield, HBII, Flight Simulator and AoE. Always has to be about console wars?

I referred to them as “Microsoft Gaming / Xbox games”, because Microsoft Gaming is a newer label they are using for the division, and some may not be aware of it. This thread purposely isn’t talking about Xbox hardware, and is talking about what may strategically be the next game as a publisher/developer they wish to release elsewhere.

Not really. Bethesda games are in a different category than Microsoft IP such a Halo Forza and Gears. Those are the games I’m curious to see if and when they get ported. Once that happens all bets are off.

All bets are already off and Phil Spencer has told everyone this already. I can't believe there are still people out there who think there is some line in the sand for MS while the company is actively telling you "Nothing is off the table". If you just think Phil is lying that's fine but we already know all are bets are off.

Deerock71

Playing both Halo and Uncharted on my Steam Deck OLED really does make it feel like I'm playing for the winning team, and I'm just happy to be here.

Kacho

All bets are already off and Phil Spencer has told everyone this already. I can't believe there are still people out there who think there is some line in the sand for MS while the company is actively telling you "Nothing is off the table". If you just think Phil is lying that's fine but we already know all are bets are off.
If there wasn’t a line in the sand they would have ported their biggest stuff over immediately and not live service slop like SoT.

Jaybe

I’m curious on these IPs too. I think they are all coming eventually but the question will be which game they decide. I expect there are challenges with porting something developed years ago and they may wish to look at the next entry for the release to another console. Perhaps Gears E-day is a good point to do this, and there is rumors Halo 1 is being remade. With Forza Horizon 5 there is usually a window of availability for the car licenses, so they may instead just focus on Forza Horizon 6 for porting. I think that will be the biggest seller of the bunch.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm guessing Avowed.

Hellblade 2 is a strong candidate. That thing cost a bit of money and sold very poorly.
So they need to make some money back, desperately.

Wouldn't be surprised. The game reviewed very well with critics so could be some decent sales from those who were a fan of the game on PS4.

Last edited:

Kacho

With Forza Horizon 5 there is usually a window of availability for the car licenses, so they may instead just focus on Forza Horizon 6 for porting.
Yep. We're way too late in the FH5 lifecycle to see a port IMO. FH6 seems very likely if they intend to port it.

Forza Motorsport likely won't happen either. The game mega bombed and PlayStation already has GT, so I don't see any strategic sense in porting that one.

Jaybe

Hellblade 2 is a strong candidate. That thing cost a bit of money and sold very poorly.
So they need to make some money back, desperately.

I thought they may try to hit the PS5 Pro launch window and take advantage of it being arguably the most graphically impressive game this generation to help move copies. In theory they people caring about graphics are buying the hardware it would give them a game to showcase it.

winjer

Gold Member
I'm guessing Avowed.

Wouldn't be surprised. The game reviewed very well with critics so could be some decent sales from those who were a fan of the game on PS4.

Could you imagine Hellblade 2 becoming the poster child for the PS5 Pro graphics prowess. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

sainraja

So I am not sure what MS/Xbox's plan is anymore and they might be conflicted about it as well. If they are working on their own console and they want that to have exclusives; then chances are, they won't release any more titles on other platforms.

If they are going to continue with their strategy of "select" titles, the ones they are forced to anyway and have a console, then they just need to come out and say that and make it clear lol.

If they are indeed going third-party and are going to release any/all future games on as many as platforms as possible, while pushing for Game Pass, then they need to make that clear as well. Hell, this might allow them to actually put GP on PlayStation since there won't be a hardware platform they are pushing anymore.

They have to pick a lane and stick with it is what I am getting at.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Hellblade II feels like low hanging fruit since it's already on On UE and it isn't one of their real marquee titles.

But frankly with Indy going multi I kind of feel like all of them will eventually.

If there wasn’t a line in the sand they would have ported their biggest stuff over immediately and not live service slop like SoT.

So then Phil is lying when he said no game is off the table? Also porting isn't something that is just done immediately that way you seem to think it is. There were rumors that Halo MCC was one of the games but is having major issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom