• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm sure everyone knows, but for those who don't: you can turn off the objective marker in the journal screen, just set your mission marker to "inactive". I absolutely detest objective markers in games like this, so I was glad the option was there, just a bit hidden.

Awesome! Why didn't I think of that, you can do the same thing in Dishonored 2.

Game is within the top 10/top 5 on Amazon's Best Sellers for PS4 and X1, as well as being the #1 global top seller on Steam

Hope that means it's been a success so far

Hmm, my character is walking sort of zig-zag like now for some reason. Wtf is going on? He walks in a zig zag like motion and then starts walking straight again.

pc - kb/m.

has the character recently consumed alcohol?

Finally made it past the demo section. Hard definitely lives up to its name, you got to plan when you're up against anything bigger than a mimic.

I like the metroidvania design, getting codes and keycards to unlock doors in areas you've been to already
Yarp. Whatever the fuck was the thing in the f
abricator room
certainly took some planning. Especially when it turned my initial plan against me >__>

Turns out that some aliens are quite vulnerable to
a Doom-style approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9DgZKLq6sY

This is keeping me from buying on PS4 for now. I wish they would/could fix it.

I originally played the PS4 demo and the gameplay felt terrible and unplayable IMO. I bought the PC version and it's night and day at 60 FPS. I could even use the computers in the game with that much input lag on the demo. I also couldn't hit any of the mimics because of the delay. Made the game pretty much impossible to play at higher difficulty. Dishonored on the PS4 suffered from input lag issues, but it was not this severe. I am glad I didn't buy on the PS4. It also runs very well on PC if you guys are considering playing the game on older PC. It's a hell a lot better than this shit.

That's bullshit, this was supposed to be fixed by now and it looks just as bad as in the demo. Why claim it'll be fixed by launch when it appears nothing was done at all, doesn't even look slightly improved.

I'm sure everyone knows, but for those who don't: you can turn off the objective marker in the journal screen, just set your mission marker to "inactive". I absolutely detest objective markers in games like this, so I was glad the option was there, just a bit hidden.

Oh cool, at least something for now. May get annoying but it beats playing with those fucking things all over the screen while trying to establish a mysterious atmosphere.

Zutrax

Gahhhh dammit, I ordered this off Amazon and it's sitting at home for me right now. Returning it would be difficult at this point so I really hope it gets patched. How is this an issue in the PS4 version but not the others? It's kind of baffling. Not to mention this means they blatantly lied about fixing it.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Gahhhh dammit, I ordered this off Amazon and it's sitting at home for me right now. Returning it would be difficult at this point so I really hope it gets patched. How is this an issue in the PS4 version but not the others? It's kind of baffling.

Its the PS4 Pro versions if understand correctly

robin2

If you are on steam, you can disable it on DLC tab in properties
ssnnvg.png

Do I just need to uncheck them here? (I already installed the game; still not launched though)

...but why I have two DLCs listed? I should have only one (the shotgun thing) I think...
What would be the other?

(Sorry for being so illiterate, I normally buy on gog.com)

ssnnvg.png

Do I just need to uncheck them here? (I already installed the game; still not launched though)

...but why I have two DLCs listed? I should have only one (the shotgun thing) I think...
What would be the other?

The shotgun pack is the shotgun itself while the pre-order bonus are the extra neuromods, a chipset, 2 medkits, and some fabrication materials

You should disable both of them if you don't want those two.

Kadin

ssnnvg.png

What would be the other?

Yeah unchecking them there should be all you need to do. I also show both, not sure why though.

edit: b10 with the answer above

Sloane

Banned
Loving it so far. Feels not quite like System Shock but it's leagues ahead of Bioshock or whatever in that regard, there are so many ways to approach each situation, there is so much to try out and explore. My only complaint so far would be the lack of weapon degradation since it clearly was supposed to be in there. Hope they get to add it later on.

Regarding Volunteer quarters:
WEW THAT STRAIGHT UP S.T.A.L.K.E.R ENEMY

I've just been going off the path, exploring and backtracking as soon as i saw the initial first tape. This is so great.

Early RPS impressions
I haven’t reached the alien skills yet, so I can’t turn into a mug. That’s the big gimmick everyone knows about, right? Imagine thinking the game is so brill when I haven’t even been a mug for a second. And it is brill. All my uncertainties about the creatures and the combat might diminish or become more acute as the game goes on, but at its core Prey is closer to the Deus Ex and System Shock heir that I’ve been waiting for than anything that I’ve played in the last ten years.

Where Dishonored and its sequel treated their cities as playgrounds, and gave you the abilities to test each space to its limits, Prey is a more tight and tense design, though also far more open. That might sound contradictory but it’s all in the design of the spaces you’re given to explore and inhabit. I’m not just looking for new ways to make use of my toys, I’m looking for ways to survive and progress, often limping from one area to the next, or dragging myself back to safety. But every time I approach an area, new or old, I figure out new possibilities.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/05/prey-pre-review-pc/

LowRoller

After the 10th time my game crashed during the opening 10 minutesand I tried every video setting I verified the files on steam and 5 were corrupt. That's my solution if anyone else is running into this issue

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just saw the story below about a glitch being able to craft unlimited materials from recycling. I didn't read the page because I don't want to be tempted to do it but for those that would like the option, here ya go.

http://www.pcgamer.com/prey-recycling-glitch-lets-players-craft-unlimited-materials/

It's actually super easy to do, yea, but does risk breaking the game if you've already found certain fabricator plans, especially
shotgun shells or the neuromod fabricator

I used it to get mats, but have not gone so far as to game the second part.

Game is definitely pretty slick though, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the Gloo gun creating 'ladders' compared to other such devices in different games.

Picked this up earlier and played a couple of hours.

There's a lot I'm really enjoying, I love recycling crap and that the game keeps me interested enough to keep playing and see what's waiting around the corner.

However, on PS4 it's a bit rough in places. Input Lag aside, there seem to be texture streaming issues all over the shop, most noticeably occurring when you're watching movies in game. I'm not even going to pretend to understand how this all works, but it seems that the textures load, then randomly return to a pixelated state, then reload to full resolution. If had this happen with random assets such is static signposts on the walls in the game as well.

Hopefully a patch will tidy this up?

eshwaaz

Nah its fine on pro, Ive had no issues with input lag personally.
If you quickly move the right stick sideways to its limit so you can hear the sound of it hitting plastic, the on-screen reaction doesn't happen a half second after that sound? In the demo, it was really noticeable.

On Ps4 (non-pro), i noticed there was still input lag, however it felt dramatically better then the demo. I was also able to adapt relatively quickly to it, unlike Rise of the Tomb Raider, which i found unplayable due to the lag. Even though i thought the game was impressive.

So if you're considering whether it's another ROTR situation, its remarkably better than that. I couldn't even play ROTR. Once you were in combat the reticule went flying all over the place.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Whats up with the sound.. the effect are really loud and the vocals and stuff are to much on the background.. i cant nearly hear it at all. I have an oldschool 2.0 system btw.

Lot of texture loading here. A bit like DOOM.

Input lag is def there but it plays not to bad.

The atmosphere is something else man.
I know i am gonna love this game but there are some issues they need to fix asap

Top Bottom