• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

ymgve

No I dont get anything like that, for me its smooth as it can be at 30fps, I literally feel no lag at all. You have to remember people blow shit way out of proportion on here, a small issue becomes "gamebreaking". Anyhow, thats my take on it, no issues for me the game is smooth and highly playable. I do notice the lack of pro patch even though im on a 1080p tv though.

Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean everyone should feel it's fine.

Stay pure! I am!

I was going to go no alien mods, but it seems like there are areas you need alien mods to reach, so think I'll make an exception for those mods. Think turrets still see you as friendly with one or two alien mods, too.

eshwaaz

No I dont get anything like that, for me its smooth as it can be at 30fps, I literally feel no lag at all. You have to remember people blow shit way out of proportion on here, a small issue becomes "gamebreaking". Anyhow, thats my take on it, no issues for me the game is smooth and highly playable. I do notice the lack of pro patch even though im on a 1080p tv though.
Thanks for humoring me. I have the PS4 version waiting for me at home; I'll go ahead and give it a shot and hope for the best.

I was going to go no alien mods, but it seems like there are areas you need alien mods to reach, so think I'll make an exception for those mods. Think turrets still see you as friendly with one or two alien mods, too.
Devs said you can beat the game with no alien mods, but it would be very hard

Is it just me or is risky behavior not really rewarded early on? Seems every time I go out of my way and end up in a fight, there's really not much to gain from it in terms of supplies, etc. Though I have come across some cool environmental storytelling so maybe that's all the reward I should be getting right now.

Gravidee

How scary is this compared to something like Dead Space 2?

From what I played of the demo, it doesn't seem anywhere near as scary as Dead Space. Dead Space was straight up horror, with mutilated body parts and a combat system built on dismembering. Prey seems more like something akin to Bioshock with creatures similar to the black symbiote from Spiderman.

jb1234

Tempted to grab this. How's the level design, guys? Does the ship you're in feel like it was really lived in at one point, ala BioShock?

AerialAir

Banned
I'm currently going through the early game and my PS4 suddenly turned into a turbine, I can hear the fans really loud over the game audio, something that didn't happen in other games, is this a thing with this game?

mishakoz

Arboretum spoilers

I've saved Poole, the guy saying "hey open this door". Apparently Arkane didnt plan for that because he has no subsequent line of dialog or anything, just stands there.
Kinda disappointing

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Never looked at anything to do with this game. 100% blindness

Arkane made it

Avellone worked on it

Impulse purchased

This game is fantastic

Arboretum spoilers

I've saved Poole, the guy saying "hey open this door". Apparently Arkane didnt plan for that because he has no subsequent line of dialog or anything, just stands there.
Kinda disappointing

If your talkinh about the bald headed prisoner guy? He said stuff to me. Maybe a glitch?

owlbeak

Played the demo of this and was very surprised how much of a System Shock II vibe I got, considering 1) SS2 is one of my all time favorite games and 2) I played the original Prey back when it came out and it was nothing like this!

I grabbed it on PS4 Pro, since Dishonored 2 was such a shitshow on PC. Visually, the game isn't very impressive on Pro. Doesn't seem to be downsampled or anything else to 1080p. Looks better than the demo at least, but I'll be curious to see what Digital Foundry finds. Only a few hours in, but I am loving it. Playing on Hard and glad I didn't choose Nightmare or whatever was the maximum. :) Haven't noticed the input lag others are speaking of...well, maybe not as much. You can tell there is a bit, but it isn't inhibiting the experience yet.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Played the demo of this and was very surprised how much of a System Shock II vibe I got, considering 1) SS2 is one of my all time favorite games and 2) I played the original Prey back when it came out and it was nothing like this!

Very good to hear stuff like this.

Drewfonse

These fucking impressions....

I'll have Prey on TUES, but I'll wait until next FR, when my wife goes out of town, to crank this up.

It will be loud, dark, and glorious in my house.

DirtyLarry

Damn. It has shipped from GameFly for me but that means I probably will not have it until early next week.
We had to put my cat of 14 years to sleep yesterday and it was about the worst fucking thing I have been through in a long time. I loved him terribly. I really need a distraction so may just bite the bullet and pick it up digitally.

The Flash

Banned
So after a couple hours of play I'm ready to give this game a rating of 1 evil Samurai Jack doing two "okay" hand gestures out of 10.

pA4aHLc.jpg

Top Bottom