• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Mifec

Yeah I get that. I'm just suprised how versatile it actually is. Basically trick shot levels of security circumventing.

I kept shooting the terminal in Life Support because I assumed it would open the door but it was just a map download.

Need to find the keycard for it I guess.

Not really scary inherently, there is a creepy feeling but that's about it. However, the game has a TON of jump scares which is accompanied by loud "scary" music.
Not all of them

kcEsWYq.gif

That was an unscripted "oh shit" moment too.

Anung

Un Rama
I think the only thing that's underwhelming is the graphics. Like not even the admittedly excellent art-style is stopping me from noticing how rough it can look in places. It certainly feels more budget in the looks department compared to Dishonored 2.

Gimme a pro patch damn it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Grrrrr. Getting some gross left stick drifting and Morgan keeps creeping forward.

That's because instead of actually fixing the input lag they just reduced the dead zone, slapped their hands together and said "done and done!"

Now anyone with a slightly worn controller is going to have drift. Great job fixing that Arkane.

Okay, after nearly 5 hours, finally went into Psychotronics 'cause other than a floating corpse I'm pretty sure I found everything. Shit is creepy as hell, but goddamn am I glad to have the Psychoscope now.

Also, even knowing about the
green dot
way in advance, quicksaving before hand, and keeping my finger poised to throw on combat slow, it STILL got me. Motherfucker!

Oh shit I forgot to go clear out the early area now that I've got the general purpose keycard -_-

BSpot

So this is not fixed on PS4??! The controls were terrible in the demo and they said it wouldn't be in the final. Have they not patched it or is their patch just not effective?

Oh one of those little bastards pretended to be a medkit

loooool

Yeah, I found one disguised as a Psy-Stim (or whatever the psy consumable is called). That's just evil.

Sorta responding to your comment in the review thread, I agree that by and large the jump scares get overstated, but that's mostly down to the difficulty? I'm on Normal, so most of the non-scripted ones don't do much to me since I know I can fight back fairly effectively, but on Nightmare... gotta imagine it's a lot more nervewracking.

The hacking music always gets me pumped up like "fuck yeah lets do this" and then the experiemce always turns into "oww, aww, damnit, shit, fuck... noooooooo"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do not sleep on this game guys, it's absolutely fantastic.

6 hours 45 minutes

Finally entered Psychotronics

I've played close to 12ish hours or more and I still haven't even figured out how to get in, but I did circumvent the general access door using the crossbow, and I already had a code for the safe somehow.

Here is my inventory after 20h (according save game info), quite stark difference o_O I'm also on Hard.

I am jealous of those materials my man.

Gotta be honest.

This game is everything I'd hoped for and more, loving this more than both Dishonoured 2 and Mankind Divided, and I really liked both of those.

Was wondering if anyone has done the
Blackbox Project
sidequest? i picked up the quest in the Hardware Labs so it's not that far in.
been trying to find that Josh Dalton guy in G.U.T.S for ages and it's driving me mad

Urthor

Is there a way to enter the giant chamber in the middle of psychotronics? Kind of feels like there should be but there doesn't seem to be a terminal that opens the big door before you enter GUTS

This game is everything I'd hoped for and more, loving this more than both Dishonoured 2 and Mankind Divided, and I really liked both of those.

Blackbox Project
been trying to find that Josh Dalton guy in G.U.T.S for ages and it's driving me mad
Hint:
You can track anyone on the station, alive or dead, from a computer that has a crew list

Blackbox Project

I have to say I'm enjoying it way more than I was expecting myself.

Hint:
You can track anyone on the station, alive or dead, from a computer that has a crew list

Extra hint:
These are typically security consoles.

ah yeah I've done that
and I know it sounds super dense but even with the marker I still can't find the bastard, I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing,
guess I just need to look around some more?
cheers for the replies

drotahorror

Super fun fighting the hardest enemies that I've fought yet with zero ammo and zero health kits. No fabricator in sight. So fun.

Lol and the area where I went to find a fabricator is now on lockdown. Zero chance of winning the fight I'm in.

Well, the story certainly took an interesting turn (early game,
Psychotronics
)

Two AIs both saying they're trying to help Morgan? Either one's a trap, December is another survivor, or more interestingly, Morgan designed different failsafes without realizing due to the memory erasure and you essentially have "multiple" Morgans with their own agendas

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Super fun fighting the hardest enemies that I've fought yet with zero ammo and zero health kits. No fabricator in sight. So fun.

Lol and the area where I went to find a fabricator is now on lockdown. Zero chance of winning the fight I'm in.

Yeah the game can be a bit frustrating sometimes, like it's okay when ammo is sparse but when you have no ammo and then in the middle of a huge fight with phantoms and what not you're pretty much fucked.

Can you maybe find a way back to your office? that fabricator always works.

void666

Banned
This game is Doom all over again. Pre release footage was boring. I couldn't care less about it. Turns out the game is very good. I love how it's just pure gameplay. No cinematic bullshit.

Top Bottom