• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's still possible to upgrade a fuckton isn't it? I've only completed the Hardware Labs and I have a lot of stuff filled in already. I could easily see myself getting most if not all of the abilities I want by end game.

Well media outlets said choose your perks careful since you can not upgrade everything in your first playthrough.

Alternate way of getting the
Disruptor Stun Gun
(before the area where you get the GLOO Cannon)...

In the room with the safe and whiteboard (from the video you have to watch in your office)...climb on top of the large case near the whiteboard and there will be a briefcase...inside that is the Disruptor

Hey guys, i got one question.

It's regarding what seems to be a side quest. Early in the game you have to locate someone named
Silvain Bellamy
. And from here on out i can look in one of the computers and track crewmembers, many of them. So i decided to randomly pick one and the game automatically makes a side quest/objective of it. In the objectives screen it also says Personnel Tracker.

So i make my way to the person i select, not sure if spoiler but his name is
Clive Lawrence.
I arrive there only to see that
he's not human anymore and is a Phantom now. Since the game told me to locate him i tried to use the Gloo cannon, the disruptor gun, but none of that updates the objective. So i can't do much else other than kill him which instantly fails this objective.

I don't get it at all. Anyone?

Also that item
Bellamy's bracelet. Still useful or can i drop it?
Quoting because I have the same questions

void666

Banned
They did some cool stuff with the looking glass. I found an alternate route to a room only to discover that some of the walls were actually looking glass.

Stoze

Wow, so the Phantoms hit...hard. What is the best way to take them down? The fire phantom takes out my turret immediately.

I mainly use explosive canisters. If you have leverage I you can chuck it at them and it explodes on impact. Alternatively, if you have the boltcaster, you can shoot nerf darts near explosives and they'll walk near them, and you can set them off with a weapon from afar. Basically, use your environment and set traps.

Also if you have a stun gun, use it and upgrade it. Upgraded stun gun is insanely good for single target encounters.

You only see the needle that one time.

I'm actually a bit dissappointed by that. If anything, I wish the needle was even more gory. Getting an upgrade should make an impact, and manipulating your brain shouldn't be trivial.

I say this as someone with a fear of taking shots and blood samples. But then I do find mental phobia somewhat facinating.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I think ive only been able to make 2 my entire run right now.

I've had the blueprint for like 20 minutes and I crafted I dunno, 10 - 15 of them and the game stopped me as the blueprint has DRM on it. So now I have a quest to crack the blueprint so I can make more.

They are cheap to make, I wouldn't be surprised if you can max the skill tree.

I've had the blueprint for like 20 minutes and I crafted I dunno, 10 - 15 of them and the game stopped me as the blueprint has DRM on it. So now I have a quest to crack the blueprint so I can make more.

They are cheap to make, I wouldn't be surprised if you can max the skill tree.

All six though? And if so, thats dissapointing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Ok gaf need some help. I'm so stuck.
I am currently trying to do the mission in the main story called restore from backup / the keys to the kingdom. I am trying to escape deep storage but the central repository is sealed and it says to check the security booth but I cannot figure out what to do. I think I need to get in this room that is called the data center but I can't figure out a way in there's a cabinet or something that requires being able to pick up items that are Level 3 but I don't have that yet is that really the only way into the room?

Also
can anybody tell me how close I am to the end of the game wondering if I could just Marathon it today

Quoting because I have the same questions

Good to see i'm not the only one confused about this. It's odd how you can randomly choose any person on the computer and how it then shows where the person is. I'm gonna leave this objective for now. See what happens later on, there has to be something to it.

Ok gaf need some help. I'm so stuck.
I am currently trying to do the mission in the main story called restore from backup / the keys to the kingdom. I am trying to escape deep storage but the central repository is sealed and it says to check the security booth but I cannot figure out what to do. I think I need to get in this room that is called the data center but I can't figure out a way in there's a cabinet or something that requires being able to pick up items that are Level 3 but I don't have that yet is that really the only way into the room?

Also
can anybody tell me how close I am to the end of the game wondering if I could just Marathon it today

this might be the spot where I found a way above using gloo gun and platforms above to get to the other side of a locked area. I might be thinking of something else though.

I enjoyed the demo a lot and this game sounds like my kind of thing. Would love to buy it but I've still got a couple of other games to finish before I can justify buying this maybe. :(

Excited to play it though.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm pretty early on but do you get a map at any point? Or is it just a case of remembering where things are like souls games?

So what's the verdict on this one? Worth full price for the PC version?

It's cheaper on CDkeys.

Good to see i'm not the only one confused about this. It's odd how you can randomly choose any person on the computer and how it then shows where the person is. I'm gonna leave this objective for now. See what happens later on, there has to be something to it.

Its because they have trackers on and sometimes a email or document might say you they have something you want so then can try and track them via that. So if you have a tracker you can dump it somewhere of important that you want to track I believe. Some folks dont have their tracker on so then it doesnt point to them.

I'm pretty early on but do you get a map at any point? Or is it just a case of remembering where things are like souls games?

Computers have downloadable maps.

I'm having a tough time deciding what skills to commit to upgrading. It seems like so many good potential combinations and I really have no idea how many Nuro mods I'll find by the end of the game.

Its because they have trackers on and sometimes a email or document might say you they have something you want so then can try and track them via that. So if you have a tracker you can dump it somewhere of important that you want to track I believe. Some folks dont have their tracker on so then it doesnt point to them.

Computers have downloadable maps.

You mean the tracking bracelets right? Yup, i found one of that. So i can probably drop that one when i have found the person, right? Still i find it weird how i can just choose any person from that computer and go to the person, a bit confusing. Especially when the objective then is to find that person and when i do.....nothing. I guess it's a way to end
their suffering. I mean they are phantoms now. But i wish the objective wouldn't say failed, but said completed. I still find it odd...ah well.

mdsfx

This game started off kind of luke warm for me right at the beginning, but that got flipped right upside down pretty quickly. This game is awesome. I really like the aesthetic of the game, the interactivity, and the sound design.

Question: are you ever unable to return to an area?

You mean the tracking bracelets right? Yup, i found one of that. So i can probably drop that one when i have found the person, right? Still i find it how i can just choose any person from that computer and go to the person, a bit confusing. Especially when the objective then is to find that person and when i do.....nothing.

You really don't need to worry about it that much. There's an achievement for tracking down every person on the station, but beyond that it's mostly used for finding specific people for quests. Small spoiler about an objective in the next area, Hardware Labs:
You get an objective to find a person with a keycard and can use the tracking to help locate him, but it's optional and you can find him without it.
So if you don't care about that achievement don't worry about tracking people and just keep in mind that you can for when it would be helpful in a quest.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
this might be the spot where I found a way above using gloo gun and platforms above to get to the other side of a locked area. I might be thinking of something else though.

Sadly not possible.

I was really enjoying this game till this point. I'm literally locked in this place and can't go anywhere.

You really don't need to worry about it that much. There's an achievement for tracking down every person on the station, but beyond that it's mostly used for finding specific people for quests. Small spoiler about an objective in the next area, Hardware Labs:
You get an objective to find a person with a keycard and can use the tracking to help locate him, but it's optional and you can find him without it.
So if you don't care about that achievement don't worry about tracking people and just keep in mind that you can for when it would be helpful in a quest.

Ok thanks man. It's just that i want to do all there is to do in this game. Before i even went past the demo area i explored every single room because man...this game rewards exploration. And the Gloo cannon is superb if you want to climb a wall or anything, lovely stuff.

nOoblet16

Pretty sure even with that. Wont be happening. I think ive only been able to make 2 my entire run right now.
Well then you aren't really trying tbh.
The resources required aren't even scares, exotic materials are literally everywhere and apart from that the other materials that you need are actually less than what you need to even fabricate shotgun ammo.

Specific question about the PC version...is there any way to enter an interaction mode with a display (i.e. a computer screen) where your mouse will move the cursor without moving Morgan's head around? Like just fix the view on the monitor? Mousing around the typical email interface while Morgan's head keeps going back and forth is really driving me nuts.

I played the demo on the PS4 and it seemed different to this. When I entered interaction mode, the right stick would move the cursor without moving the view. Guess I could play the PC version with a gamepad, but I prefer keyboard/mouse controls.

BTW -- so far the game's an amazing experience, and it looks and runs far better on my PC than my PS4 Pro. Input lag was a problem for me on the PS4, so I'm finding it much easier to play on PC. I'm getting a solid 60 fps (display limit) at 1080p on an i5-3570K & mildly overclocked 1070, all game settings on Very High. Great stuff so far.

Oh by the way, no idea if this has been posted before....

In the very early parts of the game when you walk towards the chopper, jump on top of it and let the blades kill your guy/woman. Funny and easy achievement. In most games i always explore to the fullest and i sure got rewarded this time, lol.

Top Bottom