• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Skulldead

Just got to G.U.T.S.

My shotgun is fully upgraded. Hacking, Repair and Leverage are fully upgraded as well.
There are a lot of other skills i'm currently using but not sure i wanna invest in fully upgraded them. Question is can anyone recommend any really useful typhon abilities besides morphing into other objects which i'm currently using.

I think the resistance one are the one to pick, also the regeneration one is really nice to have.

Can someone tell me what I missed in vague-ish terms with this sidequest?

I had to find a guy called Josh i
n the GUTS. Never could find him and I'm past the point of no return, I'm just curious what that Blackbox thing was all about.

DeaDPo0L84

How many main story missions are there? Just finished Detour (I think) and feel like I might being going fast and don't want it to end soon. I've currently put 13 hours in.

Tovarisc

Can someone tell me what I missed in vague-ish terms with this sidequest?

I had to find a guy called Josh i
n the GUTS. Never could find him and I'm past the point of no return, I'm just curious what that Blackbox thing was all about.

They
were fitting Q-Beams into military Operators and was somewhat off the books project

Just got to G.U.T.S.

My shotgun is fully upgraded. Hacking, Repair and Leverage are fully upgraded as well.
There are a lot of other skills i'm currently using but not sure i wanna invest in fully upgraded them. Question is can anyone recommend any really useful typhon abilities besides morphing into other objects which i'm currently using.

I read stuff like this and wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong. My shotgun definitely is NOT fully upgraded, and I don't have any of the skill branches maxed out (furthest I've gotten is Hacking at II). The entrance to G.U.T.S. from Psychotronics is accessible, but I haven't gone through it yet. I've done a fair amount of exploring and I'm seven and a half hours in, which sounds like a long time based on people saying that the critical path only takes 12-15 hours or so.

Are you literally just dragging everything that's not tied down to a recycler and making nothing but Neuromods? How on earth have you been able to max four branches (Hacking, Repair, Leverage and Gunsmith) so early in the game? Teach me your mysterious ways!

Skulldead

I read stuff like this and wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong. My shotgun definitely is NOT fully upgraded, and I don't have any of the skill branches maxed out (furthest I've gotten is Hacking at II). The entrance to G.U.T.S. from Psychotronics is accessible, but I haven't gone through it yet. I've done a fair amount of exploring and I'm seven and a half hours in, which sounds like a long time based on people saying that the critical path only takes 12-15 hours or so.

Are you literally just dragging everything that's not tied down to a recycler and making nothing but Neuromods? How on earth have you been able to max four branches (Hacking, Repair, Leverage and Gunsmith) so early in the game? Teach me your mysterious ways!

Just do all the sidequest, grab everything, backtrack to place that was impossible to open safe or place with your new skill. Also use all purple material (Exoctic i think). At this point you going to have easy 12-15 weapon upgrade kit + some max out skill. On Nightmare this is essential, the game is really challenging so far.

Anyone doing a "no psi run like me should recycle all psi-hypos and make neuromods and shotgun rounds for days.

I have like 70 of those, i'm thinking doing it.... just for the freaking grey material (i'm fine with he rest)

Just do all the sidequest, grab everything, backtrack to place that was impossible to open safe or place with your new skill. Also use all purple material (Exoctic i think). At this point you going to have easy 12-15 weapon upgrade kit + some max out skill. On Nightmare this is essential, the game is really challenging so far.

I have like 70 of those, i'm thinking doing it.... just for the freaking grey material (i'm fine with he rest)

I only have three sidequests, and two involve going to Crew Quarters (which I assume means you need to go through G.U.T.S.). Are there more I should've found by now? How?

v0mitg0d

Just got the
neuromod
fabrication plan and unlocked the perk to harvest more typhon stuff (which recycles to exotic mats).

Does this break the game? Or is there still gonna be a ceiling based on how many exotic mats you can get?

It won't break the game. :)

Un4

The game sounds pretty good but i'm not touching this on PS4 in it's current state.
Fix the button lag and add decent Pro support and i'm in..

They
were fitting Q-Beams into military Operators and was somewhat off the books project

Cool, thanks. Any particular gameplay-relevant thing I might've missed or just generic stuff?

Anyone doing a "no psi run like me should recycle all psi-hypos and make neuromods and shotgun rounds for days.

I'm doing exactly this, on my first run. The downside(?) to this is I'm OP as fuck (on normal). No reason to not recycle those hypos if you're not using Psi powers anyway (I use bullet time but nothing else)

Skulldead

I only have three sidequests, and two involve going to Crew Quarters (which I assume means you need to go through G.U.T.S.). Are there more I should've found by now? How?

from my memories i had done like 6 easy when i got to GUTS. Listen to all the tape to make sure you unlock them all.

Noks415

That is exactly what I'm doing. I pick up everything which fills up my inventory often even though I have expanded my inventory space. I basically make multiple trips to the recycler and fabricator and lots of backtracking. I recommend expanding your inventory space and getting the necropsy skill. Revisit all previous areas and downed enemies to see if you missed and exotic matter. Basically just start making neuromods. Your start to notice a shift when you realize your making more nueromods than you find. And the really crazy thing is that this all sounds like a grind but I've enjoyed every minute of the game without it feeling like a chore.

That is exactly what I'm doing. I pick up everything which fills up my inventory often even though I have expanded my inventory space. I basically make multiple trips to the recycler and fabricator and lots of backtracking. I recommend expanding your inventory space and getting the necropsy skill. Revisit all previous areas and downed enemies to see if you missed and exotic matter. Basically just start making neuromods. Your start to notice a shift when you realize your making more nueromods than you find. And the really crazy thing is that this all sounds like a grind but I've enjoyed every minute of the game without it feeling like a chore.

I mean, I thought I was doing this already, but apparently I'm not doing it well enough. I do have Necropsy (and boy do I hope they fix that inventory stacking bug). I haven't gone back to every area to make sure I've gotten all the errant mimic tumors but I do have a bunch from those early kills after backtracking all the way to the start.

I'll have to re-listen to all of the tapes to make sure I haven't missed any side quests. I've been hitting L every time the tapes come up but maybe there's a whole bunch I haven't actually listened to. (I wish tapes would autoplay when you pick them up.)

Truant

There are 20 or more sidequests in the game. Some are quite beefy and connect with the main quest and/or other sidequests. The best stuff is in the crew quarters, imo. One of them got me right in the feels.

Just picked up the Psychoscope.

Just when I thought
the game was offering Scientist, Engineer and Security Neuromods only, I just received three additional ones.

Did not expect that. This game keeps giving. And I love reading up on the enemies, what they are about and what makes them tick. Really neat stuff.

shiba5

Finally finished - 28 hours. Did most of the side quests.
Liked the ending although I spoiled myself and gave it away when I did something earlier.

I started playing the game about four hours ago and I was absolutely glued to the game until now. I figured I'd been playing for two hours or so.

Amazing atmosphere, and the game really feels like one of those games. And now back to the game..

Finished it this morning. Roughly 21 hours.

Game is making me go back and restart Dishonored 2.

I hope they patch in a NG+ and when Prey 2 is announced I'm in day 1. Fantastic game considering it wasn't on my radar untill I played the demo.

Eusis

SS2 is the better game, IMO. Prey is great, but is missing that full-on oppressive terror at every step and atmosphere of sheer dread that System Shock 2 had. But Prey is great, and you can tell SS2 was a huge inspiration. All the nods to Looking Glass Studios throughout Prey are really great, too.
This is an arguable pro if you have a hard time getting into horror but really like the sound of these kinds of games otherwise. Just the occasional jump scare is acceptable for me.

Elsolar

I think the resistance one are the one to pick, also the regeneration one is really nice to have.

I got the fire spell and the psychic spell, together they seem to compliment your arsenal of weapons pretty well. I didn't bother with the electric spell because you get a gun which does electric damage plus emp grenades so it seemed redundant. It seems like most enemies are weak to either psychic, fire, electric/emp, or gloo so I'm happy with my choices so far. Maybe it won't scale into endgame but I'm only playing on hard so w/e.

I got the first stealth skill, wrench damage boost, and teleport ability because I was flirting with the idea of doing a stealth build, but the fact that so many enemies damage you when you get close put me off the idea. If I could have those points back I'd probably put them in repair, hacking, and/or increased scope and suite upgrades.

Just opened a locked door by
firing the toy darts through an opening at the computer to select 'unlock door'
Stuff like this is brilliant.

How do I kill this ???-guy in Trauma Center? He's so OP.

Also whats the purpose on looking up where crew members are?

I kind of set up traps. I'd place the explosive canisters in his way then blew them up when he walked past. Took about 3 of them to kill him.
You could also try to go head on. Did that in the demo, just make sure to keep moving to avoid the fire pillars. Head shots are best.

Dear Prey devs, please for the love of fuck fix your audio. PLEASE. It's such a mess. Using a surround system with this game only creates a nuisance for people who aren't involved.

Super low voiced dialogue that you can't fucking hear. But when someone is standing in front of me they're loud as fuck.
Use neuromod to upgrade something and it explodes my fucking speakers. But most other sound effects range from low to normal.
P l e a s e fix.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Have Arkane given any sort of update about patching in the Pro Support that is printed on the back of the box :|

And also fixing whatever TF is wrong with the deadzones/input on PS4.

Also also, jesus fuck the sound design is all over the place in this. Music is LOUD AS FUCKING HELL and voiced dialogue is so low.

Murtrod

Had to put it on easy. I feel ashamed but the scarcity of supplies is getting to me. I'm scraping by and when Techno and Psycho "paths" get involved, I just can't survive. Anyone else have problems? I'm loving the game so much, but I feel like the looting and fabricator/recycler availability needs to be tweaked.

Or I just suck, I get it. Any suggestions? :(

Have Arkane given any sort of update about patching in the Pro Support that is printed on the back of the box :|

And also fixing whatever TF is wrong with the deadzones/input on PS4.

Also also, jesus fuck the sound design is all over the place in this. Music is LOUD AS FUCKING HELL and voiced dialogue is so low.

For the music, I put it down to 80 and dialogue at 100. That fixed much of the music issues.

Top Bottom