• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

shiba5

Pretty lame that I'm near the end but have to find someone on the exterior of the Talos 1 but my quest marker is gone now. No idea where to go.

I assume you're looking for KASPAR. He's between the Arboretum airlock and the crew quarters hull breach. Look for a red light near the inner wall of the station. You can also hear him muttering when you get close and your scope can highlight him as well. I had to look up how to find him to too because the quest marker disappeared.

mbpm1

Really? Hmm the only time things came out before I finished a main quest was when I went out into space. Other than that, I've had free reign every where I've been. Though, I've only gotten up to Psychotronics so it could be that.

I'm not sure what it is. Last night I did like two sidequests, went back to my office, came back, went into space, did the shuttle mission, went back to a previously cleared area and ran right into two etheric phantoms and got my ass kicked.

Lijik

Okay guys what's the deal with Trevor Young, the guy in the Trauma Center? I got the mission complete for him, but
he didn't die. He's unconscious in my game. Is there anything else to do to save him, or is it just a glitch?

If he's unconcious he's fine. An tooltip explains it away as he'll wake up and get to safety when you're not around
WOqzZtz.jpg

Roussow

Man, side mission clean up goes deep, and I think I've made it worse for myself because fucking (late-ish enemy type)
Military Operators
are bloody all over the joint,
and they shred Typhoon, my Stun gun immediately got upgraded to max.

Anyone having trouble nabbing minerals late in the game? the grey and orange colored fabricator materials. I have over 100 exotic materials and am struggling to use them because I'm low on the other good stuff, fuck.

I'm not sure what it is. Last night I did like two sidequests, went back to my office, came back, went into space, did the shuttle mission, went back to a previously cleared area and ran right into two etheric phantoms and got my ass kicked.

Maybe space exploration triggers it too? Because I nearly got curb stomped not expecting phantoms in the Hardware area.

If he's unconcious he's fine. An tooltip explains it away as he'll wake up and get to safety when you're not around

Lol arkane has their bases covered. Thanks.

Man, side mission clean up goes deep, and I think I've made it worse for myself because fucking (late-ish enemy type)
Military Operators
are bloody all over the joint,
and they shred Typhoon, my Stun gun immediately got upgraded to max.

Anyone having trouble nabbing minerals late in the game? the grey and orange colored fabricator materials. I have over 100 exotic materials and am struggling to use them because I'm low on the other good stuff, fuck.

Not late game, but have you tried using your recycle grenade on stuff? Like gather a pile of crap and throw one on top.

CSJ

This game was fun, until it decided to start sending me places with markers that are bugged/not where I'm supposed to go etc. It's that damned "Repo Man" mission that everyone is complaining about.

I've spent over an hour now running around trying to find the mission and I'm pretty sure it's broken now. Frustrating as hell, the one mission you wish was linear, is not; and broken :(

shiba5

Okay guys what's the deal with Trevor Young, the guy in the Trauma Center? I got the mission complete for him, but
he didn't die. He's unconscious in my game. Is there anything else to do to save him, or is it just a glitch?

That's how you "save" him. There doesn't seem to be anything else involved.

There is nothing really too bad, unless you are sensitive to input lag. I able to easily adapt to things like that, so it's not too much of a bother. Other than that, there is the ps4 drifting issue. Even that is fairly minor, and only really becomes a bother in specific instances, but nothing game breaking

I have two controllers. The old one drifts, the brand new one doesn't. I hope they find a better solution for the input lag than having no dead zone.

shiba5

This game was fun, until it decided to start sending me places with markers that are bugged/not where I'm supposed to go etc. It's that damned "Repo Man" mission that everyone is complaining about.

I've spent over an hour now running around trying to find the mission and I'm pretty sure it's broken now. Frustrating as hell, the one mission you wish was linear, is not; and broken :(

If the marker sends you outside the station, check out my spoiler above.
He can be different places around the station, but if he's outside, that's how to find him. I found a video:

https://youtu.be/UZsopSGtFvw

nynt9

Can someone explain, in the least spoiler way possible, what are things that affect possible endings you can get?

I know about
typhon abilities
existing, so you can base your level of spoiler on that.

For what do you guys use Mimic Matter? Only to squeeze through certain places where you otherwise can't (easily) get to? It's cool to sneak up on Mimics with it but damn does it drain Psi fast.

Roussow

Not late game, but have you tried using your recycle grenade on stuff? Like gather a pile of crap and throw one on top.

Yeah, I went back to the big machine in Hardware Labs to do it optimally, but it's not quite going to cut it, I think I just need to know what items break down into what materials, and what yields the most.

That's how you "save" him. There doesn't seem to be anything else involved.

I have two controllers. The old one drifts, the brand new one doesn't. I hope they find a better solution for the input lag than having no dead zone.

Hmm my controller is kind of beat up, and is only sensitive with Nioh and Prey. In Nioh, my guy tends to stutter when he moves, it super annoying. I never replaced the controller since it only affected that game, and now I guess Prey too.

CSJ

If the marker sends you outside the station, check out my spoiler above.
He can be different places around the station, but if he's outside, that's how to find him. I found a video:

Thanks but I've tried that, mine says "within the neuromod division" and I can't find a single google result that has anyone else with that, I can't be the only one :(

Zutrax

Finished around 28 hours.

The game itself was great! I wish there were more weapons though, Goo Gun was unique, but everything else was fairly basic. I know some people really liked the openness and exploration, but two things began to really grate on me toward the end. I absolutely hated the zero gravity zones, you move too slow, it was easy to get disoriented, and it just wasn't fun to navigate and easy to get lost. Second I was playing on PS4 so on PC this might not be an issue, but the loading times were abysmal. I was constantly having to traverse between main areas near the end of the main quest and each loading time was at least 45 seconds long, up to a minute of just waiting. It's kind of absurd how long it took.

Only installed Human mods except for the one mimic ability to transform for explorations sake (which I'm kinda annoyed about, I wanted a Typhon-less ability run but there were rooms literally inaccessible without the power).

Ending Spoilers:
I managed to get the most empathetic ending, I tried saving everyone I could that seemed like an important character and made the kindest decisions. In the end this mattered from a narrative perspective a lot more than I realized. I absolutely loved the twist that you were playing entirely in a simulation to try and teach the mimics empathy.
After the opening 15 minutes I didn't expect another twist to come out and genuinely surprise me like that, but it did and it worked out really well.

shiba5

Thanks but I've tried that, mine says "within the neuromod division" and I can't find a single google result that has anyone else with that, I can't be the only one :(

Behind the fake helipad. You can get between the glass and the wall.

Two crashes in 8 hours is a bit odd. Did Dishonored 2 have these as well (PS4; playing Prey 2 on XBO)?

Some of the enemies that appear in the Hardware Labs portion are quite the difficulty spike. There's the
phantom that splits itself and rapidly blinks around
and
the huge corrupted machine/alien craft on the exterior where you find the Q Beam
that I've had to give up after numerous attempts of taking them on.

The only aspect I'm still a little questionable on is the skills. It's been hard to narrow down a path, particularly when it comes to environmental factors that can only be approached in a single manner to the best of my knowledge.

Edit: Hint to those who have inventory filling up fast and not near a fabricator, try sorting your inventory. Been a few times where for some odd reason a few items didn't stack.

Labs B in Psychotronics.

Is there anything to collecting all those notes? I can just pick them up but that just seems to be for no reason? And those three buttons next to each other, anything of significance here?

GavinUK86

I don't like how this game gives you Transcribes. I seem to be randomly given them. I could be walking somewhere and one will pop up. If I hold the play button, loads seem to be backed up.

deadfolk

What's this I'm hearing about corrupted saves on PC. Is it common?

I'm very sensitive about this issue after losing my Mass Effect saves I had carried from the first game, several hours into the third. Should I hold off from playing Prey for now?

I think I like the game. I just don't know. I'm a few hours in, but I'm just not quite feeling it. Does it get better? The last thing of note that I did was finish the video in my office.

So guys, Aaron Ingram......

Did you open the door or choose the other option? I could release him but it's not like he has to open the armory for me, that's where the Mimic Matter really came in handy.

Kinda disappointed with how broken stealth seems to be; not to mention how finicky hiding behind/under things can be at times.

The game's systems are just way too lenient with lines of sight and the like (leaning is especially ridiculous), making for some goofy-looking encounters largely devoid of tension.

Granted, I am playing on normal, but with the Neuromod that yields 200% damage for attacks on unaware enemies, plus some shotgun upgrades, I feel like I'm rocking a pretty, pretty, pretty OP build. The sense of dread that the game so strongly built in its opening stages is all but lost now.

I'm also disappointed with how willingly I've been reloading saves once firefights unintentionally break out. The game does just not feel nice as a shooter, mostly due to the crippling speed at which you move backwards, the sluggish aiming and the fact that enemy attacks can drop you in an instant.

Having said all that, I'm still really enjoying myself. The game's aesthetic and world design are enough to get it over the line in terms of fun and keeping you interested.

Ardenyal

I think I like the game. I just don't know. I'm a few hours in, but I'm just not quite feeling it. Does it get better? The last thing of note that I did was finish the video in my office.

It gets better once you power up and then it gets worse for the last few hours.

this game has probably one of the lamest achievement lists ive ever seen. Probably gonna require like 5 playthroughs by the time im done.

I don't get something....

When I go to Load Game it says at the top right Total Campaign Time : 5h 16m

But my latest save file says 23h 24m at time played.

ezekial45

Banned
I just arrived at the Cargo Bay
Where you meet the other survivors.
How much further do I have till the end of the game? I want to eventually finish up some side quests.

Zutrax

I just arrived at the Cargo Bay
Where you meet the other survivors.
How much further do I have till the end of the game? I want to eventually finish up some side quests.

If you mainline the rest of it, maybe a good hour or two? That's one of the last new areas you find, but you have a lot of bouncing around Talos to do still with some various main quest developments.

You might want to mop up most side quests now'ish, if you continue the main quest things get a bit more obnoxious because (minor enemy spoilers)
they introduce a ton of military operators that are trying to seek you out and kill you and they get in the way quite often.

Tunahead

this game has probably one of the lamest achievement lists ive ever seen. Probably gonna require like 5 playthroughs by the time im done.

You could probably do the various neuromod ones in one playthrough. Just do a no neuromods run and save right before the end, then after finishing reload your save and get all human neuromods, then reload and get all Typhon neuromods.

Noks415

Damn I'm close to maxing out all human abilities and only upgraded a few Typhon abilities but that was enough for turrets to turn on me. Did I miss an in game warning about a point of no return cuz I'm kinda pissed a still have a while till I beat the game.

Truant

It was the first thing I did when I got to it, just for fun. I reloaded a save so it's alive but it's pretty neat that you can kill January (and seemingly anyone and everyone else). Curious what it'd be like with every NPC dead.

Apparently you can still play the game. Would be interesting to see how it progresses. I assume you'd need to know where to go and what to do?

mbpm1

It was the first thing I did when I got to it, just for fun. I reloaded a save so it's alive but it's pretty neat that you can kill January (and seemingly anyone and everyone else). Curious what it'd be like with every NPC dead.

That's fucked up lol

Wonder if that's reflected in the ending

shiba5

Damn I'm close to maxing out all human abilities and only upgraded a few Typhon abilities but that was enough for turrets to turn on me. Did I miss an in game warning about a point of no return cuz I'm kinda pissed a still have a while till I beat the game.

You can hack them.

jtb

Banned
Trying to kill essential NPCs is the first thing I try to do in every RPG. It's not even like a concious decision or thought, just one of those intuitive stress tests where you really get a feel for how well-designed a game is by pushing it to its limits immediately.

Iirc, every NPC in New Vegas is killable other than children. A testament to clever, open-ended game design.

So weird to feel conflicted about this, lol. But I have this scope chipset that lets me detect hidden Mimics, which sounds great. But at the same time I won't be having these tense moments leading up to a jump scare anymore. Which is good and bad at the same time, haha.

Of course this doesn't mean I will always detect them, I still need to enable that scope.

4W6a7sg.gif

A spot of shame for how long it look me to realize I could rebound the suckers.

Edit: And another for not spotting the easier and more obvious route in

psychotron

What system are you all playing this on? With the listed controller lag I'm surprised so many have it, unless it's the PC version.

Top Bottom