• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

v0mitg0d

Someone noticed I had the Golden Gun in my stream so I made a guide on how to get it. It's a pretty cool gun because it's actually more powerful and can be upgraded more.

Here we go--The Golden Gun COMPLETE Guide!

https://youtu.be/d1n6xkrxm0o

HDs are up!

Also, you know that Chef in the Crew Quarters for the Cooks Request mission? Did you know there's an alternative solution? Yup, totally discovered this by accident so made this. More in the video but basically you
can shoot or stun him BEFORE you go into the freeze.
and it changes the mission quite a bit.

**Cabin Quarter's SPOILERS**
https://youtu.be/lKz6rXHCLD8

What system are you all playing this on? With the listed controller lag I'm surprised so many have it, unless it's the PC version.

XBO when I heard PS4 was having the input lag issues still. Can't say I've noticed any, but I've had 2 crashes and some frame drops occasionally.

Ardenyal

What system are you all playing this on? With the listed controller lag I'm surprised so many have it, unless it's the PC version.

I'm playing on PS4.

Final game doesn't have the same laggy feeling controls that the demo had. The problem was never that the game had input lag but the deadzone and input filtering (or something similar to what is called extra yaw/pitch in titanfall 2 but to me it felt like there was a constant filter that made the control feel sluggish). Both of these are still something that could be further improved but it's servicable in the final release.

Playing on Ps4, the issues with the game don't really bug me (unless I'm climbing, even then not so much) I'm usually able to adapt to issues. So I just compensate and get used to them.

Before I go any further in the quest Detour....

There's this optional quest called Who is December?

I don't know if this game explains it but I have a slight feeling that I can go multiple ways now. When I entered the GUTS area December started talking to me again, it seemed as if I had to do that quest first.

The thing is, I did went back and tried to find that Neuromod Division where I need to go for the December quest but couldn't find it. Maybe my assumption is wrong though. I just don't want to miss out on things.

Is my assumption wrong?

psychotron

XBO when I heard PS4 was having the input lag issues still. Can't say I've noticed any, but I've had 2 crashes and some frame drops occasionally.

I've been playing the demo on XB1 and it doesn't feel great, but not terrible either. I have noticed areas where the framerate goes to shit though.

Xbox One man. I have no issues with input lag. I wouldn't call it Halo 5 or COD snappy but it's fine enough in my book.

I'm playing on PS4.

Final game doesn't have the same laggy feeling controls that the demo had. The problem was never that the game had input lag but the deadzone and input filtering (or something similar to what is called extra yaw/pitch in titanfall 2 but to me it felt like there was a constant filter that made the control feel sluggish). Both of these are still something that could be further improved but it's servicable in the final release.

From what I've seen, they dropped the dead zone so low that there's stick drift. I want this game so bad but I don't want to buy without a patch or some announcement from Arkane.

Before I go any further in the quest Detour....

There's this optional quest called Who is December?

I don't know if this game explains it but I have a slight feeling that I can go multiple ways now. When I entered the GUTS area December started talking to me again, it seemed as if I had to do that quest first.

The thing is, I did went back and tried to find that Neuromod Division where I need to go for the December quest but couldn't find it. Maybe my assumption is wrong though. I just don't want to miss out on things.

Is my assumption wrong?

Neuromod Division is the first area of the game, it's connected to the lobby on the second floor.

I've been playing the demo on XB1 and it doesn't feel great, but not terrible either. I have noticed areas where the framerate goes to shit though.

From what I've seen, they dropped the dead zone so low that there's stick drift. I want this game so bad but I don't want to buy without a patch or some announcement from Arkane.

No stick drift here at all. I can't speak for PS4 version but none of that in my game. It's been perfectly playable in terms of aiming and everything in these 20+ hours. Superb game and so damn worth it. While I love the concept and art style of Dishonored 2,Prey is more my thing.

Neuromod Division is the first area of the game, it's connected to the lobby on the second floor.

Stupid stupid me. How could I forget. I'll go there when I'm done here. Too far into this part to go all the way back.

Shari

How do you get to Psychotronics from Lobby?

Its right there on the left from the first point you arrive in the lobby. The right hand side is the kind of museum were you find the first phantom and the left side is the psychotronics access.

You need to progress through the main story

Oh so you don't have access to that if you have the right skillset? I thought I just stumbled on it, didnt realize I arrived there as part of the story progression.

Also the way he phrased the thing made me think he was looking for directions rather than a "when".

Vintage

Does employee list differ between different security stations? Quest says use security station to locate someone, but there's no one named like that on the list.

Edit: nope, it's just I have to scroll through all the locations, sucks without a text search function.

Its right there on the left from the first point you arrive in the lobby. The right hand side is the kind of museum were you find the first phantom and the left side is the psychotronics access.

Oh so you don't have access to that if you have the right skillset? I thought I just stumbled on it, didnt realize I arrived there as part of the story progression.

Also the way he phrased the thing made me think he was looking for directions rather than a "when".

Actually, you can access Psychotronics when you get the
General Access
keycard from
January

Xenoboy

I have a side quest that wants me to get there, the one with the morgue.

Oh god, why is the game so much bigger in size on consoles? To support different languages? I thought I would be able to download it pretty fast since it was only 18GB for me on PC, but now I got it on PS4 and it is 40GB. Dang-it :()

Just ran into another bug (PS4 version).

Late-game spoilers

I saved a couple people (Igwe and a Russian woman who's name I can't recall) and they told me to meet them at my (Morgan's) office. I get over there and for whatever reason, they go hostile. Granted, they don't have any weapons so they can't attack me, but there's nothing I can do to keep them from running off. I'm guessing that I might've just missed out on a quest or two. Pretty damn annoyed.

shiba5

Just ran into another bug (PS4 version).

Late-game spoilers

I saved a couple people (Igwe and a Russian woman who's name I can't recall) and they told me to meet them at my (Morgan's) office. I get over there and for whatever reason, they go hostile. Granted, they don't have any weapons so they can't attack me, but there's nothing I can do to keep them from running off. Pretty damn annoyed.

Weird.
I had them run off once, but it was because I had a Mimic follow me into the office.

GHG

Gold Member
So went back to the starting area and broke into fabrication. Took a turret with me and...
Whatever that thing in there is took it away from me and started attacking me with it...

This fucking game.

giphy.gif

I will be back, wiser and stronger next time.

mbpm1

So went back to the starting area and broke into fabrication. Took a turret with me and...
Whatever that thing in there is took it away from me and started attacking me with it...

You thought technology was your friend? Hehe

bosseye

Lolz. I've got myself stuck in a toilet. I got the Leverage 1 mod, so went back to the starting Neuromods level, there is a toilet blocked off with a couple of Level 2 leverage crates with a couple of leverage 1 crates on top. Moved the top crates, climbed up and crawled into the toilet. Looted the contents.

And now I can't get back out. Can't move the other crates, they're too heavy and I can't seem to make a gloo platform right to allow me to crawl back out over the top.

Doh!

shiba5

Lolz. I've got myself stuck in a toilet. I got the Leverage 1 mod, so went back to the starting Neuromods level, there is a toilet blocked off with a couple of Level 2 leverage crates with a couple of leverage 1 crates on top. Moved the top crates, climbed up and crawled into the toilet. Looted the contents.

And now I can't get back out. Can't move the other crates, they're too heavy and I can't seem to make a gloo platform right to allow me to crawl back out over the top.

Doh!

Guess you'll starve to death on the toilet.
What a way to go.
(Btw, sometimes you can pick up a smaller object and force it against a heavy one to move it. I guess it's a bug, but it usually works.)

SomTervo

God this game is so good.

Also, found a brilliant Easter Egg.

Do a Phantom Shift. Spin around and look at your 'decoy' body. Scan it with the Psychoscope.

Result: Yu (one of them) has a sense of humour:

PmMIVCM.jpg

This fucking game.

giphy.gif

I will be back, wiser and stronger next time.

Lol it can do that? Amazing!

Doh!

I still haven't invested in Leverage. You can just take one of the explosive canisters and use them to move the objects. So far I haven't met something that I can't use that method on.

bosseye

Guess you'll starve to death on the toilet.
What a way to go.
(Btw, sometimes you can pick up a smaller object and force it against a heavy one to move it. I guess it's a bug, but it usually works.)

I bounced off the door frame for a while then reloaded the last save. Live and learn!

BBboy20

There anyway to activate every Security search objective in one go because going back and forth despite checking said person before but not being tallied is going to get annoying.

Lord Phol

Caved in and bought this based on all the positive impressions. Can't say the trailers did anything for me but I love me a good immersive simulator.

N
itemare
aside, even on hard, all combat encounters in this game can be pretty much trivialized with judicious grenade usage, hrm.

And generous application of shotgun rounds or explodo-ray to the vaguely amorphous black mass, obv.

Anyone having trouble nabbing minerals late in the game? the grey and orange colored fabricator materials. I have over 100 exotic materials and am struggling to use them because I'm low on the other good stuff, fuck.

Military Operators, meet Recyclonade.

are the doors that are broken doors that look like slats strictly only accessible if you have typhon abilities? Im doing a human playthrough and have come across several that I have never been able to get into

are the doors that are broken doors that look like slats strictly only accessible if you have typhon abilities? Im doing a human playthrough and have come across several that I have never been able to get into

There is exactly *one* that i couldnt find an alternative way to get inside in the Crew Quarters, in front of the cook's room, if memory serves. So i saved, bought the thing, went inside, and... yerp, no other way to get in, and absolutely nothing special there, so back to the unsullied save we went.

First knock against the game for me, that GUTS section after Psychotronics just wasn't fun. Zero G combat is extremely annoying. Glad to be back on solid ground.

There is exactly *one* that i couldnt find an alternative way to get inside in the Crew Quarters, in front of the cook's room, if memory serves. So i saved, bought the thing, went inside, and... yerp, no other way to get in, and absolutely nothing special there, so back to the unsullied save we went.

im at the magnetosphere control room and theres one i cant find another way into. It just looks like a medical robot thing, a medkit on the ground, and some random junk from what i can see

I've encountered one so far, the medbay at the magnetosphere entrance in the GUTS. Nothing majorly important inside other than a medical operator dispenser though.

First knock against the game for me, that GUTS section after Psychotronics just wasn't fun. Zero G combat is extremely annoying. Glad to be back on solid ground.

Don't really need to fight very much in GUTS, I didn't have any problem with it. Against the Cystoids and their nests just throw stuff at them. The nests will pop and the cystoids will swarm after moving objects and explode on impact. I did encounter a Weaver and Technopath near the exits to the Shuttle and Cargo Bays, but that's what the Q-Beam is for. Also, not really supposed to go there at this point in the story anyway... Not like that stopped me from clearing out the Shuttle Bay. Leaving Cargo for later though. Kinda love how I can do entire areas early though worry about how that may affect things later, pfft. May end up trivializing some objectives I get there? Dunno.

Frostman

Doh!

Your avatar made this post infinitely more amusing. I did the exact same thing in the demo. Learnt my lesson for the full game!

Doh!

Are you not able to mantle on top of the crates? If you hold jump next to an object you'll grab onto it and pull yourself up to the top, it seems to be my experience that if needed it'll automatically make you crouch if the clearance is low too.

Stoze

im at the magnetosphere control room and theres one i cant find another way into. It just looks like a medical robot thing, a medkit on the ground, and some random junk from what i can see
Yeah I've only encountered two with no alternate means in, this one and I think the other was someone's room in the Crew Quarters. I always keep a couple neuromods in store for mimic though because I'm curious to check - that one just has a
med operator and some psi hypos
, the later had a
computer console with 2 or 3 emails that weren't critical/stuff I'd already knew about, and a couple psi hypos

Don't really need to fight very much in GUTS, I didn't have any problem with it. Against the Cystoids and their nests just throw stuff at them. The nests will pop and the cystoids will swarm after moving objects and explode on impact. I did encounter a Weaver and Technopath near the exits to the Shuttle and Cargo Bays, but that's what the Q-Beam is for. Also, not really supposed to go there at this point in the story anyway... Not like that stopped me from clearing out the Shuttle Bay. Leaving Cargo for later though. Kinda love how I can do entire areas early though worry about how that may affect things later, pfft. May end up trivializing some objectives I get there? Dunno.

Nah, all it means is that you get to explore the sections before they're populated with stronger/more annoying enemies, so when you revisit you can just beeline for whatever's the goal.

Yeah I've only encountered two with no alternate means in, this one and I think the other was someone's room in the Crew Quarters. I always keep a couple neuromods in store for mimic though because I'm curious to check - that one just has a
med operator and some psi hypos
, the later had a
computer console with 2 or 3 emails that weren't critical/stuff I'd already knew about, and a couple psi hypos

oh....so its impossible to get the achievement for all emails if you are playing with only human abilities then. Damn, might need to just say fuck the powers and get the emails. Ive put in too much time exploring to not get the email on this playthrough

That section was an enormous pain in the ass. You're just too sluggish to dodge the enormous amounts of AOE damaged dished out by the technopaths.

I was really high on this game yesterday but the further I go in it and the more difficult the enemy I encounter, the more I realize that the lackluster combat is a serious problem.

Stoze

oh....so its impossible to get the achievement for all emails if you are playing with only human abilities then. Damn, might need to just say fuck the powers and get the emails. Ive put in too much time exploring to not get the email on this playthrough
I'm willing to bet the achievement pops even if you don't get it. Also you could just beat the game with human powers, go back to the save before the point of no return, and then just get it. All you need is 2 neuromods. In fact I don't really know why you would do what you're saying lol

Could you use the crossbow on the computer from outside the doorway?

I'm willing to bet the achievement pops even if you don't get it. Also you could just beat the game with human powers, go back to the save before the point of no return, and then just get it. All you need is 2 neuromods. In fact I don't really know why you would do what you're saying lol

yeah. i just hate managing save files, its a pain lol. Ill probably do that. Im pretty sure it wouldnt pop without those emails. There are also some transcribes you cant get
unless you kill certain people.
Idk the details about that cus im not too far. Im sure with some very precise saves throughout the game everything could be done fast, but that requires a ton of planning.

psychotron

Well I cancelled my Pro copy and picked up XB1 version. Should I crack this sucker open or hold out hope of a patch for PS4 input lag?

Top Bottom