• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

WITH YOUR MIND!!!!

You can likely just not kill them and still do what you want to do, though it might be a touch tricky.

Use Gloo and wrench on one and shotgun on the other. You're gonna take some damage though.

Explosive canisters

No idea, like I said I wasn't trying to find them all so I wasn't really paying much attention to where I found them.

With the most powerful weapon in the game. A recycler grenade.

Sneak up on them and blast them for 150/200/250% damage!

Update they fucked me up, i'm going to move the sentries from the lobby in to the medical bay and kill them that way.

Are item drops tied to difficulty?

I was watching a stream last night, and the dude, playing on normal, found a suit mod and a stun gun in the 1st neuromod area.

I'm playing on hard, and the suit mod wasn't there - nor was the stun gun.

im at a complete loss for what to do now.

Main story is taking me to the crew quarters, which I dont have the keycard for. I read it is located in
deep storage
. To get in there you need something that I read is located in
crew quarters
. What in the world do I do. I dont have anymore accessible side quests either

im at a complete loss for what to do now.

Main story is taking me to the crew quarters, which I dont have the keycard for. I read it is located in
deep storage
. To get in there you need something that I read is located in
crew quarters
. What in the world do I do. I dont have anymore accessible side quests either

You need to collect enough of
Danielle's voice samples so you can synthesize it and use it to open the door to Deep Storage

The EMP and Null grenades are a bit lackluster. I get that they're a more supportive tool, but it's difficult to see a tangible effect from them (especially the nullifiers).

I started a second playthrough the day after I finished it. This game is so damn good. This time I'm gonna try to do a playthrough using ONLY Typhon neuromods (there's an achievement for doing a playthrough with only mods from one side each, and I did human only first time).

thats what I read is located in the
crew quarters
, which i dont have access to. Is it somewhere else?
You'll find the keycard for Crew Quarters from a corpse just outside the entrance to Deep Atorage

The EMP and Null grenades are a bit lackluster. I get that they're a more supportive tool, but it's difficult to see a tangible effect from them (especially the nullifiers).
Nullwave is useful against Weavers (It disables their shield) and Telepaths (It disables its devastating attacks)

EMP Charge is also very useful against turrets and corrupted Operators and especially Technopaths

O.DOGG

Finished it. No neuromods, 45 hours. Didn't see or do everything - some areas were too much of a pain to bother. Can't wait for a second playthrough to see all the things I missed the first time but I'm hoping they give us a NG+ before I dive back in. Excellent game. Loved the ending.

Finished it. No neuromods, 45 hours. Didn't see or do everything - some areas were too much of a pain to bother. Can't wait for a second playthrough to see all the things I missed the first time but I'm hoping they give us a NG+ before I dive back in. Excellent game. Loved the ending.

which trophies you gained/aimed? :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just finished it myself (PSN=diseasedyak); right at 30 hours. Amazing, amazing game. I'm SO hopeful we get a sequel. It scratched that System Shock itch almost perfectly. The after credits stuff was awesome, and it even managed to surprise me slightly with what I had assumed the game to be about.

I definitely would like to play back through and make a few decision changes.

I had only one crash in those 30 hours. I did, however, have several bugged side quests, two of which I still managed to complete despite the game saying I hadn't done every step.

I also had several key moments in the game turn out differently due to the game not catching up with its quest messages fast enough. Before I got the on-screen prompt to decide something, the decision was taken away due to either time constraints or my own actions, actions I wouldn't have performed had I been notified properly about what was going on.

O.DOGG

which trophies you gained/aimed? :)

I got the No Needles achievement from the no neuromods used. Also got the I and Thou and Do No Harm ones. I got relatively few achievements actually, they mostly seem to be tied to neuromod use in some way. All in all I got 12 out of 48.

Trouble

Banned
Playing on PS4 and I can't remember ever playing another game that seemingly has zero dead zone on the sticks. I find myself constantly sliding around when interacting with stuff because I'm resting my thumb on the left stick. I quickly popped into the settings and didn't see a way to adjust that, but maybe I missed it?

Playing on PS4 and I can't remember ever playing another game that seemingly has zero dead zone on the sticks. I find myself constantly sliding around when interacting with stuff because I'm resting my thumb on the left stick. I quickly popped into the settings and didn't see a way to adjust that, but maybe I missed it?

You are not missing anything. Arkane knows about it and hopefully it will be addressed in the next patch. Long story short to address input lag they messed with the analog deadzones. Now it's too sensitive.

mbpm1

not a mimic

not a mimic

not a mimic

not a mimic

not a mimic

image.php

nowai

As Rex said, Null nades make weavers chumps by ripping off their shields and the EMP is godlike for disabling shock phantoms.

Noks415

Holy crap just ran into some game breaking slow down. Its so weird, during the late game mission
where you have to scan the coral node on the Talos exterior
, the closer you get to the objective the frame rate starts dropping like crazy and once you are almost there it completely slows down and locks up, but if you manage to move away from the objective everything starts to speed up again and you can maneuver like normal but then I move closer to objective again and the slow down begins.

Anybody run into this? I can't move the story forward without doing this mission.

demon326

I just love this game, i'm 15 hours in and it keeps amazing me! The game really wants you to try everything, including combat stuff.

Like for example: I have Psy blast 1 and i use it on a phantom, the psy alone doesn't really do that much damage, but if you blast a shotgun on it when the psy is active, you almost one shot it, altleast on normal!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The end game stuff on PS4 is kind of a bummer, I've been doing a lot of sidequests that involve moving around the different station areas a ton and on top of the mass amount of STUFF that is just thrown at you the loadtimes are incredibly annoying. They're well over a minute long and they're hitting often now.

Sucks. This game is much, much better off played on a PC.

The end game stuff on PS4 is kind of a bummer, I've been doing a lot of sidequests that involve moving around the different station areas a ton and on top of the mass amount of STUFF that is just thrown at you the loadtimes are incredibly annoying. They're well over a minute long and they're hitting often now.

Sucks. This game is much, much better off played on a PC.

I started just walking away to do random stuff whenever I had to move different stations.

Holy crap just ran into some game breaking slow down. Its so weird, during the late game mission
where you have to scan the coral node on the Talos exterior
, the closer you get to the objective the frame rate starts dropping like crazy and once you are almost there it completely slows down and locks up, but if you manage to move away from the objective everything starts to speed up again and you can maneuver like normal but then I move closer to objective again and the slow down begins.

Anybody run into this? I can't move the story forward without doing this mission.

I saw a streamer run into this somewhere else - shutting down & restarting the game fixed it completely. Maybe there's a memory leak of some kind?

Noks415

I saw a streamer run into this somewhere else - shutting down & restarting the game fixed it completely. Maybe there's a memory leak of some kind?

I restarted multiple times, loaded my previous data and deleted the game from my PS4 and still the same issue. The one thing i noticed as I finessed my way around the objective with out getting to close to cause the slow down again, there are dozens upon dozens of
cystoids
. The most of any enemy type in single area I've ever seen in the game it was crazy and they were all around the objective. So i took ten minutes to shoot them with a combo of weapons from a distance until the majority were dead. Slow down gone finished objective. Game glitched and took my fully upgraded margrave shotgun :( I'm gonna pretend it was lost during my epic space battle against the enemy.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So this is the game for me if I loved System Shock 1/2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines, Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II, Bioshock, etc.?

I had no idea we even got a new Prey, this release came out of nowhere for me.

As Rex said, Null nades make weavers chumps by ripping off their shields and the EMP is godlike for disabling shock phantoms.

I can agree with the Weavers and Technopaths, but that first fight with the shock phantom didn't seem to have much reaction.

It's a slight nitpick, but I just wish that there was more of a reaction than those phantoms not using their ranged attacks so there's a more immediate visual feedback that I'm good to close the distance or wield the clunky Q Beam.

Edit: I've been running into some patches of slowdown. Sometimes combat, but sometimes it's just wandering around. Seems to be occuring a bit more frequently, though not to the extremes that caused the screen tearing in the Sim stage.

So this is the game for me if I loved System Shock 1/2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines, Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II, Bioshock, etc.?

I had no idea we even got a new Prey, this release came out of nowhere for me.

It is THE game for you.

Lijik

Do the crew move around over time? I swear everytime I check a pc to check up on the corpses Im missing theres new people dead in areas I was pretty sure I cleaned out.

I didn't look at the achievements so I didn't even know this was really possible. I'm in awe.

Do the crew move around over time? I swear everytime I check a pc to check up on the corpses Im missing theres new people dead in areas I was pretty sure I cleaned out.

There is one specific case that might cause this, but now that I think about it it doesn't really fit your description. Just in case:
Are you looking for Sylvain Bellamy? Is his current location always where you happen to be? And do you happen to have his tracking bracelet?

But the way you put it sounds like there are multiple people involved, so maybe not.

shiba5

Aren't some of the crew
Phantoms?
Maybe they move around.

Top Bottom