• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Blablurn

All it needs now is the King that needs to return :D

pes20142013-09-1914-5gajw6.png

lost 0:3 lol this game is hard

People who are asking for the demo; I can guess why they would not want to release a PC demo this year. Last year, the PC demo was modded to support up to 72 teams long before the game launched. The same thing happened in previous years, but last year's Demo moding was out of this world. I did not see this myself, but I heard some people even unlocked game modes.

They did give a date for the PC demo iirc, I remember it being after launch, as opposed to the unmoddable console versions.

shoplifter

Dear Konami,

I'd love to know how I can purchase your game here in the US for PC without having to have it shipped from the EU.

Fucking incompetence, I swear.

Eanan

Think ill get this for PC. €25 over the €50 for xbox, and none of my friends will be getting it on xbox (all fifa fans). Shame it wont add to steam though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PC Gamers.

You cannot download the Updates from the start.

:lol Konami

the entire PES 14 PC situation is a complete mess, not steamworks (game got leaked before the release) game still not on steam, no demo, no retail PC version in many places.

@Konami wat r u doin?

The official PES Twitter account is embarrassing to read :

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 6 h
@M_FranG we'll update a lot of faces for #PES2014 very soon.

@matan_apple the #PES2014 demo will be release very soon for PC.

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 3 h
@Toseenator the digital #PES2014 PC version will be available on STEAM very soon.

I wonder what is their definition of "very soon".

dani_dc

The official PES Twitter account is embarrassing to read :

@M_FranG we'll update a lot of faces for #PES2014 very soon.

@matan_apple the #PES2014 demo will be release very soon for PC.

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 3 h
@Toseenator the digital #PES2014 PC version will be available on STEAM very soon.

I wonder what is their definition of "very soon".

Hopefully it's not the same as their definition of "soon".

Hargenx

Yeah why not put this on STEAM right away, come on KONAMI made the deal with the STEAM, and make a good fight for FIFA/EA/Origin...

Addnan

@officialpes

@volkanerozel @Adam_Bhatti we'll release #PES2014 on STEAM very soon. Just waiting for the official release date.

The game is out though lol.

feel

Blablurn take your time to google how to force AA/downsample. It's sooooo worth it for PES with that pristine IQ. Not that there's anything too wrong with your lovely pictures as they are.

@officialpes

@volkanerozel @Adam_Bhatti we'll release #PES2014 on STEAM very soon. Just waiting for the official release date.

The game is out though lol.
SMH

Balboa

Am I missing something with Data Pack 1 what did it do? How come it doesn't update the Ozil and Bale transfers?

cormack12

Gold Member
Got my copy today on PS3, patch 1.01 downloaded and installed via HTTP in minutes. I never use P2P on PES.

Also, if you are playing on PS3, set your display settings to 720 only on XMB. Gets rid of the jerkiness when using analog sticks in game plan.

adelante

So I've been playing the demo for quite a while now on SuperStar difficulty, which, while a little challenging, isn't what I'd expect from the hardest difficulty. Is it any different in the final game?

Also, I know there've been complaints of responsiveness but I really REALLY love the fact that the animation system prioritizes footing, where in most cases that means a player who's trapped the ball with his right feet would take a split second to adjust before passing with the same foot (unlike FIFA). It makes the game that much more realistic knowing the game doesn't take shortcuts/resets a player's stance/animation to perform the next action, and as a result everything feels methodical, yet fluid. Does the retail release, post-patch, feel the same?

Anyway i'm definitely getting this game, AND fifa14 (probably next month) because damn Konami, you gotta step up with the presentation and official licenses.

mojo2

Neo Member
Also, if you are playing on PS3, set your display settings to 720 only on XMB. Gets rid of the jerkiness when using analog sticks in game plan.

What the hell?

The game looks quite disappointing on PC... Gameplay rocks though. Does anyone else feel that the game speed on default is a lot faster than in the demo? Or is it just dat sweet >30fps.

Tecl0n

I really like the dribbling and short/long passing. Shooting (Fifa 14 seems superior here) and through balls feel off somehow. Anyways, i really liked it but Konami dropped the ball on everthing else we can't have a end of gen game with these faults. I'll have to buy Fifa 14 for clubs, but i'll probably get this down the line on a steam sale.

EDIT. i just read the Bombonera (the stadium) which was one of the most marketed aspects here in Argentina is "coming late october". WAT.

AlexBasch

Asked around a few stores in Mexico and I got told it won't be available until next month.

Fucking Konami. Got my FIFA 14 already paid but I had extra cash for PES.

Top Bottom