• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Asked around a few stores in Mexico and I got told it won't be available until next month.

Fucking Konami. Got my FIFA 14 already paid but I had extra cash for PES.

what a mess, look like Konami just don't want this game to sell or something.

It feels like they rushing the game out the door just so they can get ahead of FIFA for a week.

iirc they were working on PES 14 way before even the release of PES13 they got plenty of time.

mojo2

Neo Member
Got Any screens?

Just tried to take some, thought I did because of "saving screenshots" message. Turns out it only saved some random snapshots for the menu to show my last game in two photos :S And regular print screen doesn't seem to work.
Anyway it looks mildly better now that I forced everything on from NVIDIA panel. Looks passable. Fox Engine hype got me I guess.

jabuseika

hows the deal with the option file on pc? can someone share an option file with names, transfers, faces, and jerseys?

Communities will release patches that add kits, faces, transfers,ect.

Keep an eye on PesEditBlog.com, that's one particular group that releases patches. (look for a torrent of their patches, easiest way to download.)

Having had quite a lot of fun with the demo I bought PES for the first time since 2007 or so. Maybe it's just that I have been playing FIFA all these years since, but the advanced controls (e.g., one-two pass, dribbling, ...) seem to be a bit of a mess and quite unintuitive. I just can't wrap my head around all these different modifiers that have to be pressed. There doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency behind which modifier to use in what situation. LB, RB, LT, RT ... it's all over the place.

I've only been playing a few hours so far, but I really hope this will get better soon. :(

03sho

Does offline single player master league have accumulated player fatigue?

EDIT: Found out from evo-web it does.

Got my copy today on PS3, patch 1.01 downloaded and installed via HTTP in minutes. I never use P2P on PES.

Also, if you are playing on PS3, set your display settings to 720 only on XMB. Gets rid of the jerkiness when using analog sticks in game plan.

That's still there from the demo! Such bs. They better patch that asap

It seems that Online Tournaments and 11 vs 11 will only be available later through a patch. This is bullshit of the highest order, this feels like it was done by a team of amateurs.

It seems that Online Tournaments and 11 vs 11 will only be available later through a patch. This is bullshit of the highest order, this feels like it was done by a team of amateurs.

Same every year, always excuses during the launch window or with demos "no the Jap demo is a better build" or "wait for this build" or "passing on feedback". I might pick it up cheap sometime but I will probably wait to see how they do with next gen later next year.

Tecl0n

So much hype around this game and it ends up with worse review than PES 2013. I guess im sticking with Fifa.

I believe it's a huge step forward, the game is much more fun that 2013 but..it's missing so much. And Konami reps have been so...evasive with stuff they promised would be in the final game it's off putting.

maxxpower

So much hype around this game and it ends up with worse review than PES 2013. I guess im sticking with Fifa.

It was mostly hyped by Konami themselves, then they disappeared and had Adam Bahtti tweet all the bad news so he would get shitted on and not them.

veqQFMU.jpg

It is here!!!!

A couple days early

this game sucks, thank god i borrowed it from a friend. ui stinks, character models are sometimes good, allot of times absolute shit, the ai just terrible at times.
fifa 10 is better than this.
long live the king, fifa .

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Can this work on PS3? Or are we stuck with the default faces, broadcast messages etc :(

You can get a lot of stuff edited on PS3! Faces, uniforms, players. Not as in depth as PC of course, but its a very active community and very easy to get in the game. I go to pesedit, but theres a bunch of other paces.

Hi. I bought the game on PSN and after patching it, it's asking for an online pass code.

Does the digital PSN version come with the online pass or do I have to purchase it seperately ?

I tried Googling but found nothing. Cheers.

EDIT: i bought it from the aussie PSN store and it was the premium version , if that means anything.

maxxpower

Hi. I bought the game on PSN and after patching it, it's asking for an online pass code.

Does the digital PSN version come with the online pass or do I have to purchase it seperately ?

I tried Googling but found nothing. Cheers.

EDIT: i bought it from the aussie PSN store and it was the premium version , if that means anything.

There's an online pass that you can download from the PSN, just search "PES 2014". It was up on PSN though they might have removed it.

spwolf

You can get a lot of stuff edited on PS3! Faces, uniforms, players. Not as in depth as PC of course, but its a very active community and very easy to get in the game. I go to pesedit, but theres a bunch of other paces.

just an example of last patch for 2013:

NEW FEATURES PESEDIT.COM 2013 PATCH 6.0

Transfers: ALL transfers up to September 3 (600+ new summer transfers since patch version 5.1; in total 3000+ summer transfers)
New kits: Ajaccio, Atletico, Barcelona, Bastia, Bayern München, Benfica, Bordeaux, Brescia, CSKA Moscow, Evian, Kiev, Kobenhabn, Kuban Krasnodar, Leverkusen, Lyon, Nacional Madeira, Olhanense, Pacos Ferreira, PAOK, Porto, Real Sociedad, Schalke, Vitoria Setubal

GENERAL FEATURES PESEDIT.COM 2013 PATCH

Added new 1st division leagues: Bundesliga, Primera Division Argentina, Liga MX,
Russian Premier League, Spor Toto Süper Lig, Superleague Greece, Raiffeisen Super League
Added new 2nd division leagues: 2. Bundesliga, Liga Adelante, Npower Championship, Serie B, Ligue 2, Brasileirão Série B, Primera B Nacional
Added other teams (Arminia Bielefeld, BATE Borisov, BSC Young Boys, Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, FC Basel, KRC Genk, Metalist Kharkiv, Steaua Bucureşti, Videoton FC, Viktoria Plzen + Indonesia, Malaysia)
Correct kits for all Premier League, Liga ZON Sagres + all National & Classic Teams
13-14 summer transfers set
Corrected names for fake players in unlicensed National teams and ML unlockable players
Faces: ~800 new faces (all fixed by PESEDIT)
Includes newest DLC 6.00 & game version 1.04
Scoreboard and stadium switch in selector (download stadiums here)
Removed blur
Fixed boots + accessories for a lot players (Premier League, Ligue 1, Eredivisie, Serie A, Liga BBVA, Bundesliga and many more)

so yes, patches are great.

Did you actually get the game already? I'm in the aussie PSN right now and I can't find the actual game, it says "Out Now" but when I go to the link all it shows is the demo and the online pass.

They make it really hard to find. I had to search for it. They're morons.

EDIT: yes, I bought & played it yesterday.

mojo2

Neo Member
Is the graphics/frame rate much better on PC on max settings than PS3, as I cant decide whether to get PC or xbox version.

I'm not big on graphics but I couldn't go back to PS3. Well mostly because of framerate but graphics too and better option files and price.
Miss my sofa on the other hand.

Any tips on how to search for it, I can't seem to find it.

Sorry I can't remember exactly, try:

PES 2014

pro evolution soccer 2014

And try the tab in the latest games section and on the main page

EDIT: I'm not at home but I'll try to work it out for you when I get back. Let me know if you find it.

Cool!

Went on PESedit to see what they've got and I hope their patch comes later today :p

Eugy80uc

Neo Member
pc version is the best version..i've both x360 e pc version....no match...pc version run great,1080 p.60fps,slow speed and awesome animation...fox engine is fantastic on pc...xbox version is good,but pc version is superior

rvy

Banned
Worst launch ever? Worst launch ever. I get the need to get the game out before FIFA, but it seems like they're doing more harm than good in the long run. Pathetic PC launch all around, fucked up Data Packs on 360.

Top Bottom