• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Jack cw

Worst launch ever? Worst launch ever. I get the need to get the game out before FIFA, but it seems like they're doing more harm than good in the long run. Pathetic PC launch all around, fucked up Data Packs on 360.

We should really spam those Konami community twitter. I cant believe their amateur distribution of digital content. Do they even beta test?

rvy

Banned
We should really spam those Konami community twitter. I cant believe their amateur distribution of digital content. Do they even beta test?

I ain't spamming shit, too busy playing PES 2014 over GTA V.

I don't know why, I love GTA V so much.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Holy shit, I've just won a digital PES 2014 copy in a contest! Currently waiting for the PSN code...

I think it's the most expensive thing I've ever won.

FuKuy

So the PC version does not support STEAMworks?
No Workshop support?! Do I need a new account and add my friends again in a different list for multiplayer?!

Such a waste opportunitty to gather the PC community around... :(

Addnan

When was the last time a game came out on PC with no digital release. This is a joke, they really don't like money.

My god, is this game a mess.

There is a good backbone in there, but there are so many problems. Bad A.I., incredibly bad UI and menus, slowdown during matches, very bad face recreations once you get out of the big teams.

It almost feels like a beta version, come on Konami!

03sho

According to people on WENB if you install the data pack is completely changed the game. Plays nothing like the demo. Players are faster and people are hating on the data pad for changing the game.

Anyone had any experience with it?

derwalde

reading this thread makes me wanna spend my money elsewhere. the first pes since pes3 that i will pass. shame on you konami...

Kaizen

I don't get the hate in this thread.. gameplay is fun and the PC version is great.
yes it sucks that there is no steam version so far but come on. it's not that bad

Kiraly

Fun game.

How do I head towards goal?

Headers on the midfield are no problem, but in front of the goal I never seem to be able to do a header.

PS3 controls.

rvy

Banned
Fun game.

How do I head towards goal?

Headers on the midfield are no problem, but in front of the goal I never seem to be able to do a header.

PS3 controls.

Same thing, just use the shooting button instead of the passing button.

Kiraly

Same thing, just use the shooting button instead of the passing button.

Ah, never seems to work for me but I'll keep trying.

This game is immensely fun to play to me. I don't even mind the North London and Man Blue stuff (even though it would be nice ofcourse), but it does honestly need a quick update for the end summer transfers.

Pachimari

I might buy this game today but I'm not yet sure. :/

I probably won't have FIFA 14 (PS4) until sometime in December/January.

rvy

Banned
Ah, never seems to work for me but I'll keep trying.

This game is immensely fun to play to me. I don't even mind the North London and Man Blue stuff (even though it would be nice ofcourse), but it does honestly need a quick update for the end summer transfers.

Let go of the shooting button just before your player heads he ball.

Addnan

I don't get the hate in this thread.. gameplay is fun and the PC version is great.
yes it sucks that there is no steam version so far but come on. it's not that bad

Not releasing a PC game digitally is pretty bad. Doesn't have to be Steam, but they don't seem to be selling it anywhere

eg, Rome 2 sold 32,000 copies retail and over 70,000 digitally in the UK. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-...war-rome-ii-was-last-week-s-real-no-1/0120925 They are obviously missing out on sales, mine included for now.

I've only played 2-3 hours of the final build, and... I have so many complaints. I thought that Konami would have sorted out those issues, but this version of the game really feels like some beta demo you would expect to play 4-5 months before the release.

Jack cw

Not releasing a PC game digitally is pretty bad. Doesn't have to be Steam, but they don't seem to be selling it anywhere

eg, Rome 2 sold 32,000 copies retail and over 70,000 digitally in the UK. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-...war-rome-ii-was-last-week-s-real-no-1/0120925 They are obviously missing out on sales, mine included for now.

PES14 might found its way into next gen, but it appears that Konamis distribution branch is still stuck in the PS2 era...

Rainy Dog

I haven't bought a PC game on disc since Half Life 1 but have this preordered.

As I'll be modding it, is it possible to play without the disc in the drive? First time I've bought PES on the PC so I'm new to how the modding and patching stuff works other than the PS3 PES option files and the old PS2 Winning Eleven patches.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've only played 2-3 hours of the final build, and... I have so many complaints. I thought that Konami would have sorted out those issues, but this version of the game really feels like some beta demo you would expect to play 4-5 months before the release.

Wrote up your complaints somewhere? Does it compare unfavorably to the demo? I really liked the last demo.

PaulLFC

The launch issues are poor from Konami, not being on Steam etc on launch day is just strange.

But I don't think we can be too harsh on the game itself really. I think back to FIFA 07 which was EA's first go on their new engine and remember it launching with what, 5 leagues? It was barely a complete product, and it had its own share of issues with the new engine.

It's the same for PES, although I think it's much more complete than FIFA was back then. They've actually added things from PES 2013 for a start - league mode is back (with club competitions this time), 11v11, etc.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can someone please summarize the issues people are having? So many people complaining and no one explains what they consider the problems. Decent 8-9/10 reviews, yet people complain so much here. Is it just the digital distribution/release stuff?

FIFA 07 was 7 years ago. If EA tries that shit again now, people will complain. I like PES 2014, it´s a fine effort but this is a disaster of a launch. A lot of the online modes that were promised will only be available later through a patch.

PaulLFC

FIFA 07 was 7 years ago. If EA tries that shit again now, people will complain. I like PES 2014, it´s a fine effort but this is a disaster of a launch. A lot of the online modes that were promised will only be available later through a patch.
It was, but my point was it was their first game on a completely new engine, as PES 2014 is for Konami.

To be fair to them, the online videos did specify the modes would be in a patch. They should have been there at launch, but they did admit the fact they would be patched in.

Toma

It was, but my point was it was their first game on a completely new engine, as PES 2014 is for Konami.

To be fair to them, the online videos did specify the modes would be in a patch. They should have been there at launch, but they did admit the fact they would be patched in.

Did anyone mention or hint at when that would happen?

And is there NO online mode? Not even simple H2H?

Sure, it´s a new engine and that gives them a bit of a excuse but they shouldn´t get away with this guilt free.
Yes, the video said that online features would be added with a patch which happened already, it just didn´t add them all.
Their silence about digital distribution of the PC version is really annoying. Most people nowadays buy their PC games digitally and this is a week where the majority of console players are busy with GTA while PC users are trying to find something to play.

PaulLFC

Did anyone mention or hint at when that would happen?

And is there NO online mode? Not even simple H2H?
In the online video for 11 v 11 it said "features will be available via a patch".

The online mode is there, just some of the modes such as 11v11 aren't there yet. What you can do:

1 v 1
2 v 2
Online Master League

Coming later:
11 v 11
Using your Become a Legend player in 11 v 11
There might also be online competitions of some sort but I can't remember.

03sho

How do i download the new data pack?

I've launched the game and installed the new patch. The game then told me there was a new data pack. I go into settings and under Data Version it says 1.01 and underneath that it says Unimplemented. When I go to Data Pack details it says No content available.

EDIT: Game feels different than the demo. In the demo you rely heavily on R1x2 for the burst of speed to get past a player but in this game I could easily sprint past players using R1.

PaulLFC

How do i download the new data pack?

I've launched the game and installed the new patch. The game then told me there was a new data pack. I go into settings and under Data Version it says 1.01 and underneath that it says Unimplemented. When I go to Data Pack details it says No content available.

EDIT: Game feels different than the demo. In the demo you rely heavily on R1x2 for the burst of speed to get past a player but in this game I could easily sprint past players using R1.
Choose Statistics on the main menu and there should be an option like "Data Pack Installation" or something. Choose that and it'll download the data pack, be aware though it takes ages.

Why it's under Statistics rather than Options, I don't know.

Slowly getting used to it ... plays so differently compared to Fifa, it's crazy. I'm still a bit bummed about not being able to dribble effectively and the presentation could be a bit better, but overall I'm warming up to it.

Don't you all find that the pace on Game Speed 0 is a bit too much ? -1 seems the right speed for me. And i don't know maybe it's in my mind, but i feel that dribbling is more difficult when you are at -1 speed.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Andy Murray has his copy.

Trying my best to enjoy it but it's still so flawed, tackling is terrible and you've barely any time on the ball.

Toma

Anyone else played online? Always laggy?

And why the hell is the game not up on US PSN? Oh well, guess I'll need to wait a bit more.

Jack cw

Andy Murray has his copy.

Trying my best to enjoy it but it's still so flawed, tackling is terrible and you've barely any time on the ball.
Which makes this game so good. You have to learn to plan your game before the first touch. It represents modern football at its best.

Jack cw

Do all AI teams press and do they get tired from pressing?

Depends on their rating and strategy. The stronger the team, the harder it is to dominate them or escape their pressing. PES has always fatigue enabled, so the pressing at the end is not as relentless as in the begining. The best way is to work with some trick moves or find a way to counter the pressing. Its challenging but rewarding once you get the ball back and start attacking and eventually score.

Toma

Its a bit disconcerting that I cant find any info on a US PSN release anywhere. Is this game even supposed to be released on US PSN?

03sho

Played about 5 exhibiton matches now and every time I play the opposition always has a high defensive line.

whoszed

At least on PS3 all the replays are a slideshow. During gameplay framerate was okay but can't say much else since in the demo I couldn't change the camera to what I always use (vertical).

Can't recall ever seeing a launch as disasterous as this. Like, what the fuck went wrong there? Every random indie devolper manages to put his crap on digital distribution services in time. It's almost 2014 ffs.

mauaus

Its a bit disconcerting that I cant find any info on a US PSN release anywhere. Is this game even supposed to be released on US PSN?
I think it's out a week later in the us store, but still who knows if Konami will add it today on the uk... still nothing

jts

...hate me...
Through balls are so hard now, dammit. lol

My gripe with the gameplay is that my friends will not have the patience to follow its learning curve.

Toma

I think it's out a week later in the us store, but still who knows if Konami will add it today on the uk... still nothing

Ah okay, thanks. I will not ask who you needed to bribe to get this information or how much you needed to pay :p

Top Bottom