• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

TP17

I miss PES5.

Have they changed ML in the past 4/5 iterations? It was always much more enjoyable than FIFA's career mode. I might pick up PES at some point this year if I can still start as defaults and build up a squad.

spwolf

did anyone play a lot against CPU? Played vs Athletico Madrid on Top Player and was able to beat them... seems like they dont cheat anymore. Once you expect their through balls, nothing special real. Before, CPU at higher levels was boosted.

Eanan

I dont get the hate on here from some people. Im really enjoying this against the CPU. And once we get the option files and updated transfers it will be even better.

mako

I ordered the game today from Amazon, but felt a little uncertain with the purchase after reading some of the comments on here.

The demo has alleviated any of these concerns, but I'm interested in what difficulty level gaf generally plays on? I do intend to play mostly against the CPU.

spwolf

I dont get the hate on here from some people. Im really enjoying this against the CPU. And once we get the option files and updated transfers it will be even better.

indeed... i am playing at Top Player as Napoli vs Barcelona.

I am doing fine... first half they had 2-3 chances, I had Pandev almost score on a break. 2nd half I am doing better, moving up and they almost scored on the break but i covered the players well manually.

For people "hating" on the CPU doing what we like to do - through ball, i dont see that as a problem at all... seems natural... move your defense back a bit with d-pad (new for 2014).

For me, a lot of small gameplay improvements from the demo:
- shooting is fine now, was a bit light before
- changing players seems perfect
- passing seems fine
- menus now work fine (was a bit jerky before when changing players)

Only big thing left is for replay - they are still as jerky as in demo.

Otherwise, the actual game plays great and looks great on the screen too. Physics and animation are awesome. Feels like football. Speed is good too... any faster and it would feel like some turbo mode.

spwolf

also - one of bigger issues i had with demo was my own cpu pressure - when hitting square, it was very light in demo... it seems perfect now.

spwolf

pesfan.it has option file for PS3...

Di admin Pubblicato il 19-09-2013 21:50 Numero di Visualizzazioni: 6912
Anteprima Articolo

Oggi è uscito PES 2014, ed è già disponibile la v1 del PESFan.it FO per PES 2014 - PS3. Per il download fate click qui! Per chi non lo sapesse, tramite questi pacchetti, gratuiti e legali per cui non serve la modifica alla console, nel corso dell'anno aggiungeremo diversi contenuti a PES 2014. Tra un po' di tempo ritroverete comodamente la Bundesliga, la Serie B e altri due campionati della vostra console di casa. Installarli è semplicissimo.

I contenuti della prima versione:

Nomi squadre ufficiali Premier League 2013/2014
Loghi in alta definizione Premier League 2013/2014
Nomi squadre Liga ZON Sagres 2013/2014
Loghi in alta definizione Liga Zon Sagres 2013/2014
Rimpiazzati i giocatori fake dell'Olanda
Rinominati i giocatori delle due squadre classiche

http://pesfan.it/

maxxpower

i'm so pissed right now I'm not buying the game anymore. So all day today I've been trying to buy the game from the UK store. I add funds to my paypal account and try to add funds to my PSN account but it won't work. It turns out you need a UK paypal account to add funds to a UK PSN account. I make a UK paypal account and transfer over my funds from my US paypal account. I try to add funds to my UK PSN account with my UK paypal account and it won't fucking work. I'm so frustrated right now that I'm gonna take it out on this dumb game.

jabuseika

Played the PS3 version for a bit.

A few things I noticed.

- In terms of presentation they've gone back a few steps, but you get used to the new menus quickly.

+ The new physics engine is kind of good, but I need to figure how to not be out muscled by every defender when I have the ball. Now you have to use the right stick more when attacking to push away defenders, and you have to be more careful where you run because defenders will dive at the ball from all directions.

- On break aways defenders catch up to you so quickly, but it works both ways, you can now catch up to someone attacking you on a through ball and have a chance of stopping them.

+ The shooting help markers are pretty good, now you know exactly where the ball will go on free kicks and penalties. On-play shooting is still kind of delayed for me, you basically press the shoot button and the player waits until the animation is done to actually shoot. That has led me to too many blocked shots.

+ I like that gameplay doesn't stop on some throw-ins awarded now, your player just runs for the ball out of bounds and takes the throw in. In previous PES the game would reset the players on field players every throw in. Good little change.

03sho

Official PES Facebook just posted this :

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Avatar/Theme Pack is available now until 9/23! The special package available only to North and South American PlayStation 3 users includes:

-Access to the 4.5GB Limited-Time Premium Demo (expiring 9/24 at 10AM PDT)
-10 XMB Avatars
-1 Static Theme

(Note: All data will carry over to the main game, both digital and packaged)

spwolf

Any idea when Konami will release the latest transfer dlc?

next week should be patch 1.02? something like that... i think all of the option files will be waiting for official pes edit file to come in first and then base it on that.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Dortmund are missing and its something to do with EA's licencing monopoly.

Played the 360 version for an hour or two tonight on professional difficulty and it plays a lovely game of football. It reminds me of Winning Eleven 6 on the Gamecube because the animation is so subtle but very deliberate. Tackle timing is so important or you get exploited to death.

There are obvious issues and the data pack bug is unforgiveable for a day one release. The download speed is ridiculous and then corrupts itself on completion. Most people on the PES fan forums are using a work around by downloading it from a third party site which is despicable really. Hence so few people online currently.

Im really struggling with this new through ball system. Considering a move back to auto but feel like I need to give it some time to properly gel. So strange coming back to this from a few years of Fifa and not having my finger glued on the run button.

Dear god they need a new UI designer though. I don't know what the current guy is holding over his boss but it must be something destructive for him to still have a job. The snapshots of your last game being saved in the menu is a cool idea to be fair.

Mixed feelings overall but I am sure things will be ok in a few weeks. The core gameplay is so good I can't considering jumping ship back to FIFA again.

e3m88

Banned
indeed... i am playing at Top Player as Napoli vs Barcelona.

I am doing fine... first half they had 2-3 chances, I had Pandev almost score on a break. 2nd half I am doing better, moving up and they almost scored on the break but i covered the players well manually.

For people "hating" on the CPU doing what we like to do - through ball, i dont see that as a problem at all... seems natural... move your defense back a bit with d-pad (new for 2014).

For me, a lot of small gameplay improvements from the demo:
- shooting is fine now, was a bit light before
- changing players seems perfect
- passing seems fine
- menus now work fine (was a bit jerky before when changing players)

Only big thing left is for replay - they are still as jerky as in demo.

Otherwise, the actual game plays great and looks great on the screen too. Physics and animation are awesome. Feels like football. Speed is good too... any faster and it would feel like some turbo mode.

the only way to play PES is in TOP PLAYER, learn how to play and up the difficulty in increments.

spwolf

BAL is improved... i picked existing team/player (Rakitic) and woa... gameplay and looks - much improved due to fox engine... it looks great now and animation/physics are great too... actual mode didnt seem to change much but it is soo much fun... apperantly you can learn some special tricks now with the player in training...

you still have to press next and wait for FF, and missing faces is actually annoying here as they used to be there, nevertheless, gameplay is tops..

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So whats the deal with the data pack? The dl doesnt work for anyone or is it at least worth trying? (PS3)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Come on you bastards.

:(

Left/Right on the dpad for the defensive line. Up and down to scroll through the presets, which you can change in the gameplay and then Preset Tactics at the bottom of the screen.

BAL is improved... i picked existing team/player (Rakitic) and woa... gameplay and looks - much improved due to fox engine... it looks great now and animation/physics are great too... actual mode didnt seem to change much but it is soo much fun... apperantly you can learn some special tricks now with the player in training...

you still have to press next and wait for FF, and missing faces is actually annoying here as they used to be there, nevertheless, gameplay is tops..

If you're named a sub do you still have to fast forward and watch the game until you're put in? I assume that's what you mean. If so I'm just going to skip BAL again this year. How can anyone have the patience just to sit there and watch i'll never know

Is there gonna be a US PC version for this?

I've got a PS3 but the frame rate issues in the demo completely put me off that version at least. Steam doesn't list it, PES' website just points me to a PS360 version so am I SOL or is there still any hope?

Sou

Exclusive contract? what the fuck EA.

I imagine it would be difficult to convince any company exec at football clubs to license to a mess of a brand like pes, especially when Fifa pulls the kind of number it does.

Pes has abysmal marketing, abysmal PR, abysmal product launch. 2014 is clearly an incomplete game in every sense. If you are a company exec and you see a demo of the game, with player faces the way they are at the moment, it does not instill confidence.

The problem lies less with EA, but more with the consistently subpar effort on Konami's part.

Tabby

I have a question, on the gameplan when you edit a tactic what does the "Attack/Defence" metre mean?
Like, does 0 mean attack and 20 mean Defence?

Toma

Finally starting to wrap my head around some of the controls, but damn, I should have changed to basic shot type way earlier. That new shot type is messing with my head. No surprise shooting was so weird before. Does anyone actually prefer the new shot type here? It just seems to counter intuitive.

Is there gonna be a US PC version for this?

I've got a PS3 but the frame rate issues in the demo completely put me off that version at least. Steam doesn't list it, PES' website just points me to a PS360 version so am I SOL or is there still any hope?

The game will be up on Steam. we just don´t know when.

AlexBasch

Pes has abysmal marketing, abysmal PR, abysmal product launch. 2014 is clearly an incomplete game in every sense. If you are a company exec and you see a demo of the game, with player faces the way they are at the moment, it does not instill confidence.
This.

Come on guys, I know that 'PR is the devil, marketing should burn in hell' and all that, but it's almost as if Konami wants their games to fail or something, ffs. The game was supposed to be released today but oh noes, it will be released on Mexico on the 24, the same day as FIFA which I was going to pick up from the beginning.

Now not only they lost that advantage, but I can see some people changing their pre-orders to FIFA instead.

I'm really enjoying the demo and it looks like it's an amazing football game despite the awful menus, but like I said, it's almost as if they want to sabotage themselves.

They even got the most popular Mexican commentators, for crying out loud.

Left/Right on the dpad for the defensive line. Up and down to scroll through the presets, which you can change in the gameplay and then Preset Tactics at the bottom of the screen.

You mean, there's no traditional way to switch attacking/defending levels??

feel

Not only is the Steam version nowhere near close to showing up, I'm hearing the PC version has the worst input lag of any version/build yet. Anyone here with the retail PC version want to confirm? What a mess Konami..

Ivan

Not only is the Steam version nowhere near close to showing up, I'm hearing the PC version has the worst input lag of any version/build yet. Anyone here with the retail PC version want to confirm? What a mess Konami..

I need to know this too, pls.

Input lag was bad in console demos, how's the retail version? And compare the lag with pc version, thanx.

The game will be up on Steam. we just don´t know when.

Wow.

It really does seem like Konami doesn't want anyone to buy this game lol. And from some of the stuff I've been reading, it seems like the game does definitely need some more time in the oven.

Either way, I'm still probably gonna buy this when it comes out. Playing both PES and the FIFA demo, I definitely found the gameplay in PES much more satisfying than FIFA's and that's more than enough to convince me.

dsk1210

I have been playing the pc retail, I had been playing the 360 demo before, for some reason d3d overrider does not kick in with me, so I do have a bit of input lag, I don't think it's bad though to be honest, the way this game plays anyway, you have to prepare in your head what you are going to do, before you do it.

maxxpower

This.

Come on guys, I know that 'PR is the devil, marketing should burn in hell' and all that, but it's almost as if Konami wants their games to fail or something, ffs. The game was supposed to be released today but oh noes, it will be released on Mexico on the 24, the same day as FIFA which I was going to pick up from the beginning.

Now not only they lost that advantage, but I can see some people changing their pre-orders to FIFA instead.

I'm really enjoying the demo and it looks like it's an amazing football game despite the awful menus, but like I said, it's almost as if they want to sabotage themselves.

They even got the most popular Mexican commentators, for crying out loud.

Well to be fair FIFA has a bunch of horrible faces too. The PES development team does seem like an incompetent bunch though, I mean how long can it take to update the transfers, the regular Joe with a day job that makes option files can get it done in a few hours, so what the hell is Konami doing that it takes them weeks to update stuff.

Toma

You mean, there's no traditional way to switch attacking/defending levels??

Found this answer and I couldn't believe it.

So I checked myself and it's true. WHAT THE FUCK??

These developers make no sense.
Huh? You can change between 3 customizable presets with the up/down dpad. You could make these 3 to be an attacking, defending and normal preset and can then switch on the fly between them.

rvy

Banned
Well to be fair FIFA has a bunch of horrible faces too. The PES development team does seem like an incompetent bunch though, I mean how long can it take to update the transfers, the regular Joe with a day job that makes option files can get it done in a few hours, so what the hell is Konami doing that it takes them weeks to update stuff.

It's not a matter of simply updating them, they need to have FIFA's approval to update them and it takes some time to get it. EA's FIFA can just do it whenever they please, they have a license. They don't need to get in touch with FIFA to update transfers.

bigol

It's not a matter of simply updating them, they need to have FIFA's approval to update them and it takes some time to get it. EA's FIFA can just do it whenever they please, they have a license. They don't need to get in touch with FIFA to update transfers.

Could you please stop believing at every nonsense KONAMI says to justify their weak efforts?

There is no such a thing like Fifa approval,there is the fact that they were not quick enough to update every transfer.

rvy

Banned
Could you please stop believing at every nonsense KONAMI says to justify their weak efforts?

There is no such a thing like Fifa approval,there is the fact that they were not quick enough to update every transfer.

Oh, there isn't?

OK.

Toma

If anyone cares, the data pack direct dl worked fine for me. I figured most people having issues probably used the P2P dl.

Blablurn

So... can someone tell me how does advanced shooting work compared to basic shooting?

So, if you're attacking to the right side of the pitch:
↙ - low shot to the near post
← - low shot to the center of the goal
↖ - low shot to the far post
↑ - mid-height shot to the far post
↗ - high shot to the far post
→ - high shot to the center
↘ - high shot to the near post
↓ - mid-height shot to the near post

Top Bottom