• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Pachimari

Someone asked Adam if new faces will be added this week and he said...

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/382166429044580352

A few months? I have no faith in Konami when it comes to post-release content or fixes.

Thanks. :)

But what do I do now? I forgot to copy some logos and such as I did them individually (duh!), can I erase everything somewhere and copy everything all over again?

spwolf

A few months?

Konami stated said 2 months after release, long, long time ago.

So this is nothing new at all, it is part of their release schedule for a long time now.

As to the PES 2014, more I play, more I am convinced it is game written from scratch... this is why old faces need to be done again and why it plays so well, without many small limitations old games had.

Pachimari

Konami stated said 2 months after release, long, long time ago.

So this is nothing new at all, it is part of their release schedule for a long time now.

As to the PES 2014, more I play, more I am convinced it is game written from scratch... this is why old faces need to be done again and why it plays so well, without many small limitations old games had.

Honestly, I don't care how long it'll take, as I'll be fine with the community's Option Files but I still don't have faith in them fixing anything. They seem incompetent, and yeah, I have followed the PES series for more than a decade. Hopefully they fix things such as goalies but they said the the same thing before release. :)

I'm pretty sure they have to redo the faces because of Fox Engine.

Oh ok. I did copy the save data but then I overwrote it when it asked at boot. Everything looks fine but custom emblems and stuff take some time to appear, I suppose this is normal?
This is my experience as well. Can you check if Tottenham Hotspurs have a sponsor on their shirt or is it just me?

rvy

Banned
A few months? I have no faith in Konami when it comes to post-release content or fixes.

Again, it's not as simple as taking the old content and copy/pasting it, they need to re-do the faces from scratch. Konami isn't about to release a Data Pack every week with a couple of new faces, when they do release it, it will be in the hundreds of faces.

Pachimari

Again, it's not as simple as taking the old content and copy/pasting it, they need to re-do the faces from scratch. Konami isn't about to release a Data Pack every week with a couple of new faces, when they do release it, it will be in the hundreds of faces.

I know that.

And I didn't expect them to release anything quickly. It was just a wrong way of stating, that I have no faith in them fixing huge gameplay errors like goalkeepers.

Blablurn

Why does my keeper lose every 1:1 duel lol. Kießling had 3 solo runs towards my goal and always scored : /

This game, man.

Blablurn

Any word on a PC demo yet?

What are you smoking?

pbImm0L.png

03sho

But what do I do now? I forgot to copy some logos and such as I did them individually (duh!), can I erase everything somewhere and copy everything all over again?

They are releasing an updated version of the OF tonight. The one you have only has the correct emblems and kits up till Newcastle.

They are releasing one a complete one tonight.

Oh ok. I did copy the save data but then I overwrote it when it asked at boot. Everything looks fine but custom emblems and stuff take some time to appear, I suppose this is normal?

Yup, normal.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They are releasing an updated version of the OF tonight. The one you have only has the correct emblems and kits up till Newcastle.

Yup, normal.

They need to add the german teams back into the league. Why is Steaua Bucarest in the german league as a filler instead of the 3 "Other" teams :(

Pachimari

Yup, normal.
Should I erase everything from the current Option File then?

Pachimari

If you're waiting for the updated one later then you can just download the new one and overwrite your current one I think.

Might be worth asking them on Twitter to make sure.

Okey dokey, I'll try that tomorrow.

This game is seriously amazing at times and looks real good. And then it sucks when I totally lose control of my player even though his selected, happened in my last two matches, weird.

But what a pretty game that plays well most times. :)

Scored 2 goals with Varane, both from a corner by Bale.

Uga

How are the fouls for you guys? I'm playing on PC, and in the 20 or so games I've played, I can count the number of times the CPU was called for a foul on one hand...
And I wish I was exaggerating.

Pachimari

The GTM option file for PS3 is brilliant. The kit detail is very impressive.

If I wanna try this one, will I have to delete everything from the WENB Option File? And where do I find it in the XMB?

Wait, I need to sign in to that service in order to download the Option File?

How are the fouls for you guys? I'm playing on PC, and in the 20 or so games I've played, I can count the number of times the CPU was called for a foul on one hand...
And I wish I was exaggerating.
It's pretty inconsistent. I barely touched a player in the penalty area, and Sergio Ramos got red carded and they got a penalty. A few times I have gotten a yellow for a clean sliding tackle touching the ball first.

Uga

It's pretty inconsistent. I barely touched a player in the penalty area, and Sergio Ramos got red carded and they got a penalty. A few times I have gotten a yellow for a clean sliding tackle touching the ball first.

What about fouls in your favor? I meant those, cause I'm getting none and it seems kind of broken...

Pachimari

What about fouls in your favor? I meant those, cause I'm getting none and it seems kind of broken...

Gonna try look out for that, as I'm gonna play some matches now.

Are you from Europe by the way?
Anyone from EU wanna try play an online match?

The GTM option file for PS3 is brilliant. The kit detail is very impressive.

Yeah, I downloaded it last night. Thanked him on twitter for the great work he did.

If I wanna try this one, will I have to delete everything from the WENB Option File? And where do I find it in the XMB?

Wait, I need to sign in to that service in order to download the Option File?

Just do everything you did on the WENB OF. Then overwrite all of it with the GTM file.

And yes, you need to sign up :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Added you.

If it lags we can just quit.

I am playing lagfree online since 3-4 hours now, so if it lags its not my fault :p

Edit: Just got all of my MLO starting eleven to 76/77 ratings. Yay.

Pachimari

I am playing lagfree online since 3-4 hours now, so if it lags its not my fault :p

Edit: Just got all of my MLO starting eleven to 76/77 ratings. Yay.

Let's play a match?

PS: I have now scored a goal at 3 corners in a row on Top Player difficulty.

Toma

Let's play a match?

PS: I have now scored a goal at 3 corners in a row on Top Player difficulty.

Alright, we can only play via those lobbies right? No direct game invite? I opened a match in EU-01-EN, then EU-03.

Pw: gaf

Edit: Invited you to the match room. You can invite friends once the matchroom is set up.

Pachimari

Alright, we can only play via those lobbies right? No direct game invite? I opened a match in EU-01-EN, then EU-03.

Pw: gaf

Edit: Invited you to the match room. You can invite friends once the matchroom is set up.

Just gotta finish my League match and activate the online portion of the game, then I'm there.

Pachimari

I'm joining now.

I'll take this to PM.

EDIT:
And the match abandoned on our first try... =/

Oh you went offline? Anyway, let's try another day. I gotta sleep now - waking up in 4 hours.

Toma

I'm joining now.

I'll take this to PM.

EDIT:
And the match abandoned on our first try... =/

Oh you went offline? Anyway, let's try another day. I gotta sleep now - waking up in 4 hours.

Not sure there will be another try for me. PES just killed my PS3 apparently.
You served me well, old friend. :(

Fucking sucks after buying GTA and PES a week ago.

Edit: I'll probably go out and see how much these cost in shops around me tomorrow.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Maybe Im being dumb, but Im OK with the ref fucking stuff up very now and then, wish it would happen with offsides (game calls them millimetrically, not the way a lineman would call it)

Sou

Pretty sick of dealing with the same Konami problems year after year.
I think they need to take a year off and finish the game before they release it.

Same player switching problems, same defenders not tracking problems, same losing control of player even when selected problems, slow updates, transfers not up to date, no clear description of game play updates, the list goes on.

Yes, the animation is great now, and the graphics engine is somewhat updated, but everything else is the same old game suffering from the same set of problems since the beginning of the PS3...

I hate to say it, but the future of PES is in doubt unless something drastically changes at Konami.

PaulLFC

Did they replace they replace PES/WE leagues?
The logos are replaced, teams and kits will come in later updates (at the moment Premier League teams/kits and Dortmund are done). Leagues to be added:

- Bundesliga
- Skybet Championship
- J League
- Liga MX

They are also replacing Liga Sagres with the Russian Premier League (although Braga, Benfica, Porto and Sporting will be added to other European teams). If you prefer the Portuguese league, I think WENB's file is probably your best bet.

Pachimari

Pretty sick of dealing with the same Konami problems year after year.
I think they need to take a year off and finish the game before they release it.

Same player switching problems, same defenders not tracking problems, same losing control of player even when selected problems, slow updates, transfers not up to date, no clear description of game play updates, the list goes on.

Yes, the animation is great now, and the graphics engine is somewhat updated, but everything else is the same old game suffering from the same set of problems since the beginning of the PS3...

I hate to say it, but the future of PES is in doubt unless something drastically changes at Konami.
But they have had 2 years.

Anyone got a link for the updated WENB OP?

The logos are replaced, teams and kits will come in later updates (at the moment Premier League teams/kits and Dortmund are done). Leagues to be added:

- Bundesliga
- Skybet Championship
- J League
- Liga MX

They are also replacing Liga Sagres with the Russian Premier League (although Braga, Benfica, Porto and Sporting will be added to other European teams). If you prefer the Portuguese league, I think WENB's file is probably your best bet.

I thought there was only room for two extra leagues. How are thy fitting those two in?

Knurek

Played a few matches with CPU at Regular.

Defender catch-up is still there, sigh. Player auto-switching during corners is still there, sigh again.

Is there really no way to do a throw-in/corner/free kick to a specified player? There was an option like that for PES2013. On the other hand, it's way easier to score from a corner/free kick now, so maybe that's what Konami meant to do?

Goalies are way gimped in this version, very easy to score if you manage to get into a shooting position. Way harder to get into a shooting position though, so there's that.

Pity about the game's insistence to show every friggin' single offside replay. Why can't you disable that?

Top Bottom