• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Cigol

Is there really no way to do a throw-in/corner/free kick to a specified player? There was an option like that for PES2013.
Option is still there, hold L1 and locate the player using the right analogue stick. You get used to it where you can just flick it quickly from player to player.

Goalies are way gimped in this version, very easy to score if you manage to get into a shooting position. Way harder to get into a shooting position though, so there's that.
Can't say I agree with the former - goalies seem to behave realistically (ie; not superhuman and error prone) but no worse than the previous games. I played a game online where my opponents goalkeeper could do no wrong, saving my shots left, right and center - mine on the otherhand was fumbling them into his own net. It's just one of those things.

Pity about the game's insistence to show every friggin' single offside replay. Why can't you disable that?
It's a sick joke, they are in their offices laughing their asses off about it right now trust me.

Uga

It's a good thing that FIFA14 is coming out today, cause I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game...
I'd say I've played around 30-35 Exhibition/Master league games, mostly on Top Player, so far. I've had about 4-5 fouls called in my favor during all those games. Not even joking.
The defensive AI is not great in general, but just terrible on (too many) occasions. Same with the goalies, standing there while a slow lob goes over their heads has happened to me more than once, and being way too slow to react to a ball at their feet. Oh, and not to mention the catch-up on defense, where players actually get past me, while I'm sprinting with say Ibrahimovic, even after starting way behind me. No matter who the defensive player is.

Other than AI issues I'm having, and the whole fouls called thing (which just seems broken at this point,) I'm really not enjoying the delay between button presses and the actual actions preformed by players. Everything feels half a second too late.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I'm not, but am done with this game for now. Oh and this is on PC by the way.

Cigol

The trouble with going over to FIFA is that as good as it is (based on previous iterations and the demo) it only offers a different gameplay experience, not a better one. At least in my opinion. It won't fill the hole left by a poor PES for me. I'm hoping FM2014 does that.

Oh, and not to mention the catch-up on defense, where players actually get past me, while I'm sprinting with say Ibrahimovic, even after starting way behind me. No matter who the defensive player is.
The defender catch up has always been in PES, but you can mitigate it with timing the run more carefully. Don't just run non-stop or immediately as you get the ball, it doesn't work, you need to dribble out of contention (and use of the right analogue stick can help to push them off) after which you are generally home free. I've had more one-on-one opportunities and breakaways in 2014 than previous titles. Doesn't excuse the catch up, but end result evens out I think. Like you say defence is pretty shocking in this version full stop so the catch up is probably necessary.

Played 5 or 6 matches and i can say that Konami is on the right way.Feels fun, exciting and a realistic. It has its cons for sure but its on the track.

bigol

You can now buy Pes 2014 Pc version here with a 15% off

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/

Besides,there will be a 11vs11 beta exclusively on PC

Adam Bhatti said
Hi guys. PC version available on @metaboli now. Also, we're starting 11v11 online beta this week for PC, registration starting later today

Registration later today

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got a copy here in Spain before heading home in October but it doesn't have any English support. I don't mind commentary but the text is also not supported.

Is it possible to download English files for the X360 version or something?

rvy

Banned
Got a copy here in Spain before heading home in October but it doesn't have any English support. I don't mind commentary but the text is also not supported.

Is it possible to download English files for the X360 version or something?

Uhm, nope. UK version is different from the rest of Yurop.

rvy

Banned
Are these dipshits really doing a beta for a game mode that should be added this month?

Really?

Now?

bigol

Are these dipshits really doing a beta for a game mode that should be added this month?

Really?

Now?
They did beta test for master online mid august with pes 2011, and the game was out one month later
maybe they just have to stress test the servers

Ivan

Can you tell me how does exibition friend vs friend work online? Lag, no lag? If we are close and connection is p2p, it should work good. Is netcode good enough for that? PS3 version. Thanx.

Tekniqs

hey if the option file is compatible with Europe copies...is there a way to make them compatible with North America versions?

PaulLFC

hey if the option file is compatible with Europe copies...is there a way to make them compatible with North America versions?
I don't think so. I assume there will be option files for NA versions but I'm not sure of any off the top of my head. Hopefully region restrictions on edit data are a thing of the past next gen but it may be more to do with the consoles than Konami, I don't know.

I thought there was only room for two extra leagues. How are thy fitting those two in?
There are more fake leagues this year, I forget the exact number, but at least four, plus a "D2" league, and the "other teams" section.

spwolf

Maybe Im being dumb, but Im OK with the ref fucking stuff up very now and then, wish it would happen with offsides (game calls them millimetrically, not the way a lineman would call it)

yeah, same goes for goalies and everyone for me... that was always a draw of PES, it was always more random than FIFA, where everything always happens in exactly the same way.

if they did that with refs, there would be huge uproar though. people already complain that they caused penalties without hitting buttons, not understanding that you can bump someone without button press.

feel

Sigh. Registered for that 11v11 thing, expecting it to be an unplayable mess with shitty network lag, input lag and awful gameplay design.

No sight of a Steam entry yet?
Still nothing. Though Konami says they have already submitted the game to Steam.

Sigh. Registered for that 11v11 thing, expecting it to be an unplayable mess with shitty network lag, input lag and awful gameplay design.

Still nothing. Though Konami says they have already submitted the game to Steam.

I am sure they submitted to Greenlight instead. The kind of mistake Konami would make.

To be honest I wish Konami had just included the J League in all versions by default if they put it in the Japanese version - then we could have even more leagues.

It still amazes me that neither PES or Fifa includes women soccer.
I mean, just use some nice looking players in the advertising (something like 'Sexy Football') and you are ready, players like these:

WOMENWORLDCUPFRANCO.jpg

WOMENWORLDCUPMITTS2.jpg

WOMENWORLDCUPOXVIST2.jpg

jts

...hate me...
I mean, just use some nice looking players in the advertising (something like 'Sexy Football') and you are ready, players like these:

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/WOMENWORLDCUPFRANCO.jpg

[IMG]http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/WOMENWORLDCUPMITTS2.jpg

[IMG]http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/WOMENWORLDCUPOXVIST2.jpg[/QUOTE]
It's a legit good idea to include women soccer (more football options and variety in general is always a good thing for me, where's my 7 player soccer, indoor soccer, beach soccer, etc - though I understand resources aren't unlimited).

But selling women soccer as a sexy thing would be looked down upon as mysoginistic.

maxxpower

I can't believe I'm even thinking about getting FIFA 14. I'm just so fucking disappointed with this year's PES, and knowing that Konami won't fix shit, I'm not about to give them $60.

Blablurn

I think I'm finally "getting" the idea behind this game. Won my last matches. What annoys me:

- The keepers are horrible, what the fuck?
- It doesnt detecht my GT650M. Only detects the Intel HD 4000. Seems like Konami forgot about laptop gamers. Still runs in 60fps in 1080p most of the time.
- The Main Menu is awful

-MB-

I think I'm finally "getting" the idea behind this game. Won my last matches. What annoys me:

- The keepers are horrible, what the fuck?
- It doesnt detecht my GT650M. Only detects the Intel HD 4000. Seems like Konami forgot about laptop gamers. Still runs in 60fps in 1080p most of the time.
- The Main Menu is awful

If you force everything through Nvidias config by adding pessettings/pes2014.exe it'll probably still use the nvidia gpu even if it isn't officially detetced as such by the settings.

Perkel

Banned

WOMENWORLDCUPFRANCO.jpg

WOMENWORLDCUPMITTS2.jpg

WOMENWORLDCUPOXVIST2.jpg

2 things.

- Popularity
- Cost

They should better spend money to buy missing licenses. Like for example Bundesliga which now is considered 2nd most important league now by fans and year on year it is missing or there are like two clubs.

I don't know why they couldn't introduce proper EDIT function to build leagues and whole teams from 0. In instant we would have most of the leagues with most of players.

rvy

Banned
+1 for the women football idea. That could really set PES apart from everyone else.
And fucking lock-out the licenses just to fuck EA up the ass. If the game mode is popular, they'll whine about unfair competition and sue.

Jack cw

This could quickly turn to DoA Beach Volleyball levels of shit. I dont like the idea very much. Womens football is much slower paced, because they play much different. They have to implement a complete game with animations, physics! and gameplay just for a couple of guys...

rvy

Banned
This could quickly turn to DoA Beach Volleyball levels of shit. I dont like the idea very much. Womens football is much slower paced, because they play much different. They have to implement a complete game with animations, physics! and gameplay just for a couple of guys...

How is it just for a couple of guys? I enjoy women's football more than men's football at times.

Jack cw

How is it just for a couple of guys? I enjoy women's football more than men's football at times.
Doesnt appeal to me. I respect those women of course, but I think it would just be a gimmick. Its video games and all but besides tennis, there really is no major sports game that would benefit from the women part.

Juicy Bob

Women footballers seem a lot more 'sporting' than their male counterparts. Much less diving, bitching to the ref, and all around dickery than the hyper-overpaid men.

Spat_triate

The heart system is weird.

I score a hattrick with Ribery and he is still blue.

They've made a lot of additions that don't work right.

Collisions don't work right; even the lightest touch will create a 1-2 second pause in animation, which makes the player unresponsive.

Referees are fucking lol: Most likely the worst referees in a football game. Ever.

Heart is as fucked as ML form arrows.

Defensive AI is horrendous: CPU tactic is simply to fill the box with 10 super drones who rarely mistime tackles and even when they do, no foul is given.

Offensive AI still revolves around exploiting the shitty defensive AI. Of the dozens of matches I've played, 99.9% of the CPU goals are through balls past ball-watching defenders.

I could go on, but these problems are not new and will not be fixed. I knew some would be making a return, but I was at least hoping for better cursor switching and defensive options. This one is going into the pile until Jenkey fixes it in 6 months.

Sou

They've made a lot of additions that don't work right.

Collisions don't work right; even the lightest touch will create a 1-2 second pause in animation, which makes the player unresponsive.

Referees are fucking lol: Most likely the worst referees in a football game. Ever.

Heart is as fucked as ML form arrows.

Defensive AI is horrendous: CPU tactic is simply to fill the box with 10 super drones who rarely mistime tackles and even when they do, no foul is given.

Offensive AI still revolves around exploiting the shitty defensive AI. Of the dozens of matches I've played, 99.9% of the CPU goals are through balls past ball-watching defenders.

I could go on, but these problems are not new and will not be fixed. I knew some would be making a return, but I was at least hoping for better cursor switching and defensive options. This one is going into the pile until Jenkey fixes it in 6 months.

Yeah, despite all the changes, some of the most game breaking and fundamental problems that has plagued the series still remains. The improved animation just makes these issues stand out even more.

PES2014 at it's current state is just a few yards away from garbage status.

Eanan

Yeah, despite all the changes, some of the most game breaking and fundamental problems that has plagued the series still remains. The improved animation just makes these issues stand out even more.

This herein lies an over exaggerated post.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The game does have a few rough spots gameplay wise, but it feels so much more like soccer than Fifa that its a no brainer for me.

I do expect a LOT better online implementation for the next gen version next year though. You can have all the excuses for current gen shit, but when it comes to PS4, they say theyre taking their time and it better pay off.

spwolf

not really but good for you.

spwolf

I do expect a LOT better online implementation for the next gen version next year though. You can have all the excuses for current gen shit, but when it comes to PS4, they say theyre taking their time and it better pay off.

well, last year online was ok... it seems that this 2014 had literally everything done from scratch.

Juicy Bob

When I come to power, anyone who uses the term 'game breaking' to describe anything that is actually just a minor annoyance or small issue with gameplay will be rounded up and shot.

Jubern

Guys, I've been using the WENB option file for a few days and it's really cool. But since the 1.0 version's system file was damaged or something (they even said not to copy it) I'm not using it, and didn't copy the one from the 1.1 version either.

Am I just NOT supposed to copy it? Or if I actually am, what am I missing by not doing so?
Also, replacing my system file will make me lose every progression in the game, no?

Thanks for the answers. I'm having a blast with this game.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Top Bottom