• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Into

I am most interested in seeing how they balance BAL progression, because neither FIFA or PES so far has manged to make the progression of a player work well. In FIFA 13 you become a superstar 2-3 years in, with stats higher than 99% of all players. In a few previous PES games, it went up too slow, you were a scrub for seasons on end.

There has be a balance, and a way to better reward and better punish the good and bad players. I think NBA 2k series does this perfectly, if you play really well, your player will become Michael Jordan in a few seasons, if you suck, you will barely develop at all, game barely rewards you for bad play.

rvy

Banned
BUNCxRzIcAEc6IF.jpg:large

BUJ3fNAIMAAY69M.jpg:large

BUJ2fxeIcAAb-dh.jpg:large

BUJ2NMEIEAE8PkE.jpg:large

We're in for a fucking treat this year!

https://twitter.com/gtmpesworld

whats is wrong with the input lag on this demo? its so frustrating, i hope is improved in the final product because atm it plays so slow and sluggish.

it plays like pes 1-6 did with like the master league default team with vornander, castolo and the gang, except they were meant to be slow and terrible.

i cant even switch direction quickly with robben or ribery, what is going on?

rvy

Banned
Guess this the PS3 version. Dont think the 360 version allows custom via USB?

Sure does. It's trickier because you need free software for your PC to inject content into a Xbox 360 configured flash drive, but other than that, it's fine.

So I've been playing the 360 demo after playing 2013 on PC.. It feels so sluggish.. What's the deal with the replays? They're always in slow motion, even when you're trying to play at normal speed or even fast fowarding! What's going on?

Jack cw

Sure does. It's trickier because you need free software for your PC to inject content into a Xbox 360 configured flash drive, but other than that, it's fine.

Thx. Yeah thats what I wanted to know. Its still complicated as always....

gbus

Hey guys, don't post here often but for the return of the king I gladly make an exception. Spend some time with the demo now. At first I felt slow and sluggish. Probably didn't help that I always play full manual and refuse to play PES at anything lower than 5-star difficulty. But now it has just clicked. Dat R1 turning.

I have a question for the people who have the full retail version. Is manual controlled shooting (with R2) still broken? Maybe I'm just doing something but I just can't hit the target. Thx

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
After a bit of time, I still think the game is seriously flawed. In fact, I hate it. It's no fun whatsoever, the game is sluggish and even the best and most agile players feels like they're tanks. Even I can move faster than they can. The whole game seems to move in slow motion.

If there's nothing wrong with the demo, and it represents the final game, it's actually the worst PES yet, in my eyes. Absolutely horrible.

The worst part is, FIFA isn't very good either, and I hate how every players feels ecactly the same in that.

spwolf

After a bit of time, I still think the game is seriously flawed. In fact, I hate it. It's no fun whatsoever, the game is sluggish and even the best and most agile players feels like they're tanks. Even I can move faster than they can. The whole game seems to move in slow motion.

If there's nothing wrong with the demo, and it represents the final game, it's actually the worst PES yet, in my eyes. Absolutely horrible.

The worst part is, FIFA isn't very good either, and I hate how every players feels ecactly the same in that.

Bolt, is that you? :)

Arnie

Can you post some pls?

I need a PC demo with a lengthened time limit before I decide whether to buy

Just give it a Youtube search and filter results for this week.

They're pretty much all diabolical.

Not that it matters much, I think it's just a much better game. Would rather have a decent footy game than an accurate recreation of Liverpool.

Mario007

Played this today out of curiosity and because of the Fox Engine, right after I played a couple of games of FIFA on my Vita. I have to say PES felt better which was refreshing. The players weren't as static as before, you could actually outrun the defenders or even play through them. One thing I did notice was that there was a bit of input lag especially when trying to shoot. However, overall the game on the pure gameplay level feels like a step above FIFA.

Now the things that bring the game down. The UI is simply atrocious and unacceptable in this day and age. It's ridiculous how the game looks like a a PS2 game when looking at the menus or the replays or the match UI. The commentators are also pretty terrible when compared to FIFA. Given that PES won't have many league licenses also docks some points. So, I'd say maybe I'll wait till the next gen version and they might fix some of these issues.

maxxpower

Can someone with the final version comment on the sluggishness of the players? I know that using R2 in conjunction with R1 you can turn quickly and get bursts of speed but it still feels like I'm playing with players from the Mexican league, not world-class players.

ibu

Can someone with the final version comment on the sluggishness of the players? I know that using R2 in conjunction with R1 you can turn quickly and get bursts of speed but it still feels like I'm playing with players from the Mexican league, not world-class players.

I tend to use the left analog to dribble, with a quick double tap of R1 to burst past a defender. Depending on your winger this can get you away quicker. Simple turns can be very effective. I'd recommend spending time with the Performance training, it's really helping with my ability to embrace the game. You've also got to consider the position of your player in relation to the ball, the balls position (whether on the floor or bouncing slightly), these things really impact/hinder your ability to burst away from a defender.

I'm going to spend much of my time relearning defending ability and also the best way to position your own players. It's tough and you still get the feeling that your own players are not as intelligent as the opposing team AI, resulting in randomly wandering players at times. It's irksome, but still is getting better.

03sho

Tap R1 twice for burst.

feel

Just realized you can fake/cancel goalkeeper throws now by pressing the pass button again at the last second. Awesome.

FootballFan

Got mine too!

tumblr_mt5rmvX6BJ1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

Konami actually sent me two copies so perhaps I'll do a giveaway! ;)

Gimme gimme gimme. Put into a bottle and throw it into the sea, I shall be sitting by the beach waiting. I mean eventually it is going to find its way to New Zealand, right..right?

PaulLFC

What do the default kits look like for Prem teams? Do any non licensed team have modeled player faces?
Default kits are (very) approximate plain recreations of the real life ones, with just the fake emblem on the chest, and no sponsors or other logos. For example Liverpool have a plain all red home kit and the away kit is white with red stripes (no attempt to show the stupid red/black/grey pattern at the bottom that someone at Warrior thought was a good idea, though).

There's a lot of customisation options so option files should fix it all on or near launch.

This might be the year I get PES day one. I don't think any of my friends are interested in the PC version of FIFA; for some reason they're all set on paying £55 for the XB1 version.

NHale

I'm on the verge of preordering the game. I keep playing the demo and while it's not perfect (goalkeepers and AI brainfarts), it's definitely more enjoyable than the FIFA demo aka momentum stravaganza.

Does anyone with the retail/review copy can say that the game didn't suffer any downgrade compared to the demo?

And another question to people living in Mainland Europe, have you ever used Gameseek? How is the delivery?

PaulLFC

I'm on the verge of preordering the game. I keep playing the demo and while it's not perfect (goalkeepers and AI brainfarts), it's definitely more enjoyable than the FIFA demo aka momentum stravaganza.

Does anyone with the retail/review copy can say that the game didn't suffer any downgrade compared to the demo?

And another question to people living in Mainland Europe, have you ever used Gameseek? How is the delivery?
I can't say I've noticed anything that's been downgraded in the retail version - if anything, responsiveness is improved a bit. You can also alter the game speed (default is 0, feels the same as the demo to me although I haven't gone back to the demo to check).

I haven't used Gameseek, ShopTo have always been good though, I'd recommend them - you'll probably get the game a day early if you're in the UK.

ZQQLANDER

Got a question. I'm looking to buy a soccer game for the first time and I have FIFA preordered, but have heard great things about PES. I know I'm in the PES thread, but maybe someone can give me the pluses and minuses of each.

Vazduh

So good. Looks like the internal scalers in the software are way better than in the PES13 code, cause the club badges have a way higher quality this time.
EDIT:
Godamit Konami! Where the hell is the Steam pre order?

Arsenal is not officially licenced in PES, looks like modders are working day and night already :)

Top Bottom