• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

dsk1210

They had Castlevania on pre order and with steamworks... Wonder who is in charge within Konami that decides not to put their second biggest title on the largest dd platform...

It's rather annoying, I had hoped to buy this on steam, looks like I am buying the retail version again, the stupid thing is, they would actually get more money from the digital distribution as there is less fingers in the pie.

Rodelero

This has, presumably, already been mentioned, but it's something that catches out so many people it's worth reiterating. Holding down r1/rb makes your player go faster. Tapping it makes them go flat out.

Jack cw

It's rather annoying, I had hoped to buy this on steam, looks like I am buying the retail version again, the stupid thing is, they would actually get more money from the digital distribution as there is less fingers in the pie.

This is typical Konami... might go for the retail version too. Dont want to wait another 3 months until this gets on steam...
Played the demo for hours, the players are really slow...
A football simulation is really something annoying ;)

dsk1210

This has, presumably, already been mentioned, but it's something that catches out so many people it's worth reiterating. Holding down r1/rb makes your player go faster. Tapping it makes them go flat out.

The double rb press is a thing of beauty.

I love the demo, have to say I understand why some people think it feels laggy, but it's the body momentum and full animations which make it feel this way, it's also what makes this special this year. :)

BUPNx4ZCAAEF3H1.jpg

BUPNX7JCIAEWgJ-.jpg

Hnnnng

I do laugh at my fortune sometimes, I end up being the one who has to buy his copy of PES as most of the guys I know seen to get copies from Konami. Seem to be on the mailing list, good for them though (bastards lol)

The last PES I played(was it 2008 or 2009), the players were too fast, especially the big names like Ronaldo, in this game everyone is slow. PES3-4-5 had the perfect balance. Its too bad because I wanna like this game, I wanna like it more than Fifa.

Jack cw

The last PES I played(was it 2008 or 2009), the players were too fast, especially the big names like Ronaldo, in this game everyone is slow. PES3-4-5 had the perfect balance. Its too bad because I wanna like this game, I wanna like it more than Fifa.

I understand this. PES had some problems back then with those rocket players and the pace of the game was way to fast. I still have to get used to the new speed of this PES and its mechanics. Sometimes I go mad when a player needs ages to process the ball, but thats why I like watching and playing football ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone made/found more gifs?

Raytow

Wait, is the game steamworks? if not I might go hunt for one of those PC boxes, man buying retail PC, it's been a decade since the last one lol.

So it looks like the 360 version comes with an online pass of some sort. I just inserted a code I had but just assumed it was going to be the preorder DLC or something like that.

N0RE6ZU.png

Un4

Damnit, just pre ordered the PC version because of those screens. I was going to wait until some good option files were available... oh well.

maxxpower

My problem isn't really with the fact that the players are slow, it's their reaction speed that's annoying me. Whenever a player loses the ball it takes them forever to react and try to get the ball back, and that just doesn't happen in real-life football.

king zell

In the final game when change the speed to +1 it becomes much more responsive

Those who complained from the speed and response will enjoy this

I can't wait to post my review... 24h to go!

Eanan

To cancel my xbox 360 pre order and get the steam version or not...

Any ideas what it could cost on sites like nuuvem on release day?

feel

Glorious pc version. nnnnnnnnngggggggghhhhhh.

I hope the blurry filter during gameplay is gone by default this year

Put up the fucking preorder/preload Gabe.

The new demo is a massive step up from the last 3 playstation iterations ... new physics are joyous, even just watching the rolling demo!

Jimrpg

Man those PC screens.... i know which version im getting!

i do hope its around $50 ish and not some shitty regional pricing ($90) Australia sometimes gets on steam...

iJudged

Banned
I've been a Fifa guy since 07, playing with the same crew since 09, and was really excited about Fifa 14, especially for the next gen (still am) but boy did PES14 catch me off guard. I am all about build up plays and realism. I am definitely picking up PES14 for the PC, my questions is, getting it on steam, any disadvantages other then not getting a hard copy? Will I still be able to update the in game jerseys and rosters all the same as opposed to getting the hard copy from the store, I only ask because I remember some games I got on steam were really hard to mod. Also, what is the release date? 1st time poster here :).

Jack cw

I've been a Fifa guy since 07, playing with the same crew since 09, and was really excited about Fifa 14, especially for the next gen (still am) but boy did PES14 catch me off guard. I am all about build up plays and realism. I am definitely picking up PES14 for the PC, my questions is, getting it on steam, any disadvantages other then not getting a hard copy? Will I still be able to update the in game jerseys and rosters all the same as opposed to getting the hard copy from the store, I only ask because I remember some games I got on steam were really hard to mod. Also, what is the release date? 1st time poster here :).
Yes its fully moddable with the Steam version. I hope Konami puts this up on Steam soon. And welcome!

PaulLFC

Vazduh

It is possible, but a little harder than retail edition (for example, check 'pesedit patch on steam' on google). The release date is 9/19/2013.

Top Bottom