• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Resident Evil & Spider-Man are not Sony properties. film rights & game rights are completely different things. there's little reason to have this discussion.

NYCrooner

I read this thread regularly hoping it convinces me I need to get a Vita now and so far no success. Everything about the Vita is so sexy except the software (with a few exceptions). I really really really hope that fortune smiles on the Vita because it really just seems like a super sexy fast car with really bad MPG. I'm sure I'll dip into at some point but I feel like at this rate I might as well wait for an eventual price drop and just back log it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So how many of you will prefer playing all stars on Vita ?
I'm not a Smash Bros. fan, so I can't see myself buying All-Stars, and it'll ultimately just get lost in the sea of games coming out later this year that I'm interested in.

Takao

Banned
Resident Evil & Spider-Man are not Sony properties. film rights & game rights are completely different things. there's little reason to have this discussion.

Okay, what about Men in Black 3?

If that movie was made by LionsGate or Universal, then sure, I could see how that would come into play. The movie being made by Sony should signify that any 3rd party videogame company wanting to adapt that movie into a game should put the game on Vita and PS3. That should be on the contract.

If SPE were to be like that to video game companies they likely wouldn't land a licensing deal.

Vitacat

All Stars looks really bad IMO Not a SSB fan in the first place, but those screenshots... just looks like a mess to me.

I read this thread regularly hoping it convinces me I need to get a Vita now and so far no success. Everything about the Vita is so sexy except the software (with a few exceptions). I really really really hope that fortune smiles on the Vita because it really just seems like a super sexy fast car with really bad MPG. I'm sure I'll dip into at some point but I feel like at this rate I might as well wait for an eventual price drop and just back log it.

I hear you. Back when Vita was announced, I was all excited (thus my user name "Vitacat"), but slowly but surely I saw Sony screwing things up and held off buying one. I still really want to have reasons to buy one, but don't. Part of the problem is the cross play thing... yeah, I suppose it's great for PS3 owners, but I'm not a PS3 owner. Just XB360 this gen. And I don't want to play console ports on Vita. I know there will be ports no matter what, but it's the unique Vita games that will make or break it for me. So far... what is there? Not very much. And seems like Sony is not terribly serious, or incompetent, or probably both. Wish they would start an Apple style app store and let indie devs really go at it. And not just for games -- Vita is a potentially a decent mini tablet device.

Maybe Jet Set Radio HD will push me over the edge... loved that game on DC. But again, I can get it for XB360... so... :-/

btkadams

All Stars looks really bad IMO Not a SSB fan in the first place, but those screenshots... just looks like a mess to me.
i disagree. i've played the beta though, and it plays amazingly well. it's going to be a great game.
So how many of you will prefer playing all stars on Vita ?

anyways new screens for those interested [also the all stars site is updated where you create wallpapers of the characters you like http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/Match-Up ]

parappa_dojo-20120807-18.17.jpg

littlebigplanet_dreamscape-20120807-21.51.jpg

godofwar_hades-20120807-16.45.jpg

infamous_aldenstower-20120807-22.12.jpg

littlebigplanet_dreamscape-20120807-21.59.jpg
i will probably play on vita more often. i've found myself playing my vita a lot lately. the ps3 is a pain to go use when i can bring my vita to the toilet ha.

Vitacat

With the awesome buy once and get both deal, I don't need to choose.

My gf (now wife) bought me an xb360 for Xmas, so no ps3 (one console to support is enough money-wise). Honestly I was more into getting a ps3 but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and xb has lots of great games so... But yeah, if I had a ps3 then cross play would probably be kinda cool.

JLuke2600

The only PSOne Classic I own is Parasite Eve, (which I got thanks to Gaf) and I only got that due to the Tomb Raiders and Resident Evils costing too much. Only other games besides those I'm interested in are Metal Gear Solid and FFVII (and maybe Crash and Spyro).

EDIT: I think I got Parasite Eve the same day as Corpse Party. What a coincidence...

I haven't played Vagrant Story, so I'm definitely gonna have to pick that up. Have they announced whether or not all PSOne Classics are gonna be supported from the start?

Shinriji

ASIA PSN STORE VITA TOP 10 (July)

1. Dokuro
2. Gravity Rush
3. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
4. Assault Gunners[
5. Dynastw Warriors Next
6. MGS HD
7. Escape Plan
8. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
9. Resistance: Burning Skies
10. Ninja Gaiden Sigma +

This first rare nevi in Gravity Rush is driving me NUTS. One wrong move and I get killed on the spot because it shoots a million projectiles and melees for a bunch of damage.

ASIA PSN STORE VITA TOP 10 (July)

1. Dokuro
2. Gravity Rush
3. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
4. Assault Gunners[
5. Dynastw Warriors Next
6. MGS HD
7. Escape Plan
8. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
9. Resistance: Burning Skies
10. Ninja Gaiden Sigma +
Gravity Rush!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's also for PS2, 360, and computer. But yea, it did come out on dreamcast.

Oh yea, gamecube as well

I think you're thinking of PSU a little bit, which came out on 360, PS2 and PC.

PSO was on Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and there were a few on PC too.

The small blob one? I just stood on the ground and mashed the kick button. *shrugs*

Maybe I haven't upgraded my abilities enough but I did that for about 10 minutes last night, got frustrated, and lost because of that. Maybe I should go back later, but I'd rather just get it out of the way... =/

test_account

XP-39C²
Got a platinum trophy in Dokuro yesterday :) A really great game in my opinion. The price is also great, only 2400 yen in Japan (or 1800 yen on PS Store i think), which is under half price compared to other games. It is a low budget game, so it makes sense, but it took me about 15 hours to complete the game (and about 3 more hours to get the remaining trophies), so the playtime VS price ratio is really good. I payed $30 for it however due to import from Play-Asia.com, but still great value for my money. The japanese version has 6 or 7 languages (including english) if anyone is interested in importing it.

VRE05.jpg

Kazerei

Banned
Maybe I haven't upgraded my abilities enough but I did that for about 10 minutes last night, got frustrated, and lost because of that. Maybe I should go back later, but I'd rather just get it out of the way... =/

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had "kick" just one level below max. It still took a few minutes of hammering on it to destroy it.

mauaus

Got a platinum trophy in Dokuro yesterday :) A really great game in my opinion. The price is also great, only 2400 yen in Japan (or 1800 yen on PS Store i think), which is under half price compared to other games. It is a low budget game, so it makes sense, but it took me about 15 hours to complete the game (and about 3 more hours to get the remaining trophies), so the playtime VS price ratio is really good. I payed $30 for it however due to import from Play-Asia.com, but still great value for my money. The japanese version has 6 or 7 languages (including english) if anyone is interested in importing it.

VRE05.jpg

Oh scea wtf are you doing

they could just cut the framerate in half.

:lol
First rule of action gaming: FRAMERATE IS KING. :p

i disagree. i've played the beta though, and it plays amazingly well. it's going to be a great game.

I've played the beta too, and I promptly deleted it after about 2 matches. It's got a long way to go, IMO. But at least the netcode seemed solid.

With the awesome buy once and get both deal, I don't need to choose.

It's literally the only reason I'm even entertaining the 3 announced games so far. My interest level went from "eh" to "i dunno, maybe if the reviews are good" solely because I want to support this practice/policy.

JoshHood

Besides PS1 support and madden, what else you guys think we're gonna get until LBP comes out. Those 2 aren't gonna do it for me.

What, in the few weeks between now and LBP? I wouldn't expect anything particular. Always a chance something like Snapshot or When Vikings Attack will turn up. Think Zen Pinball is first week of Sept too.

spannicus

What, in the few weeks between now and LBP? I wouldn't expect anything particular. Always a chance something like Snapshot or When Vikings Attack will turn up. Think Zen Pinball is first week of Sept too.
Was wondering if we were gonna get Machinarium and a few titles Eu Vitas are getting. Big Sky etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom