• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I started finally playing Rayman yesterday and I guess it's an ok platformer. Maybe the best 2D art I've ever seen in a game, but Gravity Rush is a much more interesting game.

You guess it's an okay platformer? Monster. :p
It's simply the best 2D platformer and quite possibly the beset all around platformer I've played in the last I don't even know how long.

Trigger

I met an actual Vita player in person on campus today. It was amazing. If the Near app is to be trusted than there's about 5 other players in my immediate area.

Hi fellow VitaGAFers,
just got home and updated my vita. PSone games still not up on Vita (eu) psn, right?

Is there a "PSone reccomendation thread" somewhere? If not I'm ready for some suggestions!

FF VII is a no brainer and I heard got things about Arc the Lad.

What about the RE games, are these still "playable" today? Does someone know whether the german psn got the heavily cut versions?

FVII is already a choice? Then I'd suggest FFIX if you can get past the art style. The RE games are still playable, but remember that you're not getting an RE4 gameplay. I have no qualms with the tank controls and odd puzzles, but some do. Vagrant Story is a great recommendation that I second.

Hi fellow VitaGAFers,
just got home and updated my vita. PSone games still not up on Vita (eu) psn, right?

Is there a "PSone reccomendation thread" somewhere? If not I'm ready for some suggestions!

What about the RE games, are these still "playable" today? Does someone know whether the german psn got the heavily cut versions?

Parasite Eve

KalBalboa

Banned
Hi fellow VitaGAFers,

Castlevania: SotN isn't my favorite PSone game, but it holds up really well and works wonders on the Vita. It's pretty perfect and a ton of fun.

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 age well thanks to their pre-rendered backgrounds and are great time sinks for a hand held. Gorgeous art and music, too.

Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games and I've beaten it at least five times, and like the FF games it ages well on a hand held thanks to pre-rendered backgrounds. It's a must-play, imo.

Metal Gear Solid is a classic for good reason, too. The gameplay holds strong.

Twisted Metal 2 is easily my favorite PSone game, but I know it's not for everyone these days. It hasn't aged super well, but I think it's still a lot of fun.

Oddworld, Crash, Spyro, and some others aren't available for some damn reason yet, but when they come you should check them out.

Copenap

Vagrant Story

Suikoden.

FVII is already a choice? Then I'd suggest FFIX if you can get past the art style. The RE games are still playable, but remember that you're not getting an RE4 gameplay. I have no qualms with the tank controls and odd puzzles, but some do. Vagrant Story is a great recommendation that I second.

Parasite Eve

Castlevania: SotN isn't my favorite PSone game, but it holds up really well and works wonders on the Vita. It's pretty perfect and a ton of fun.

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 age well thanks to their pre-rendered backgrounds and are great time sinks for a hand held. Gorgeous art and music, too.

Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games and I've beaten it at least five times, and like the FF games it ages well on a hand held thanks to pre-rendered backgrounds. It's a must-play, imo.

Twisted Metal 2 is easily my favorite PSone game, but I know it's not for everyone these days. It hasn't aged super well, but I think it's still a lot of fun.

Oddworld, Crash, Spyro, and some others aren't available for some damn reason yet, but when they come you should check them out.

Thanks guys, I guess that'll do for quite some time and I still have so many psp games yet to play... ^^

Toxa

553869_4514290022363_467990949_n.jpg

so good

branny

As much as I enjoyed a lot of PSone RPGs when I was younger, I don't think they would provide the quick bursts of fun I'd be craving.

I pray for cross-play and cross-buy. the only way I'd play a BB after being burned by CS1/2
I'm weak. I forgave them the second I saw Amane. :(

Famassu

What's this, someone asked for PS1 recommendations and no one mentioned the one game everyone should play.

GET ALUNDRA OVER PIECE OF SHIT GAMES LIKE METAL GEAR SOLID & FINAL FANTASY VII

okay, so MGS & FFVII aren't shit, but yeah, get Alundra before anything else if Zelda-like games are at all your thing. Imho, it sits easily in PS1's Top 5 games, probably even Top 3.

hertog

RE2 isn't on EU stores is it?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What's up with the screenshot function? It's missing in the menu from all my US games, but I start up my Japanese copy of Biohazard 2 and there it at the top of the menu...

cGhTL.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How is Super Stardust Portable on PSP2? Able to make it dual-stick like the HD and Delta?

What's up with the screenshot function, it's missing in the menu from all my US games, but my Japanese Biohazard 2 has it...

Game by game basis, it seems. I think we need to rabble rabble rabble at Yosip to make it a universal function.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
How is Super Stardust Portable on PSP2? Able to make it dual-stick like the HD and Delta?

Game by game basis, it seems. I think we need to rabble rabble rabble at Yosip to make it a universal function.

Seems like it's all Capcom games that have that feature.
Plus Klonoa which thinks it's a Capcom game.

Kazerei

Banned
Just finished downloading FFVII from the downloads list directly on to my Vita. It's pretty shitty that I can't download the other compatible PS1 games the same way. What gives, SCEA?

sajj316

I see an option to download FFVII on my list of purchased games, but no PSOne section? Do I need to restart my Vita?

Is that the only option? They might be in the process of rolling this out for tonight's store update, starting with the download list. Is there any game on your list that isn't part of the 9 listed on the NA Blog?

Just finished downloading FFVII from the downloads list directly on to my Vita. It's pretty shitty that I can't download the other compatible PS1 games the same way. What gives, SCEA?

Ahh .. answers my question. We are likely heading toward only 9 titles on the PS store it seems. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Gravijah

Klonoa probably confused itself with MegaMan given they're both dead platforming franchises that only live on through comics and stuff.

huh? Mega Man isn't dead. even has a new game coming out!

also, never put Klonoa & Mega Man in the same sentence again.

Trigger

Is that the only option? They might be in the process of rolling this out for tonight's store update, starting with the download list. Is there any game on your list that isn't part of the 9 listed on the NA Blog?

Yeah, Xenogears and FFIX aren't available for download. Only FFVII like sajj316. Bullshit since PS3 players can transfer over more games. Let's hope they add more.

Hey guys. Is FFVI Vita compatible? Thinking about picking it up since I read great remarks about that faster disc-loading performing great on Chrono Trigger.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, searching through the store, the SNK sale seems to include the PSP side of the Neo Geo Station games (and maybe the PS3 versions, but I can't search that).

So seem to be no sale on things like Minis, Ultimate Shooting, SNK Arcade Classics, or Samsho Anthology. :/ Doh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom